The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I have a fun Question!

Who’s the Most Extra on Unit Bravo?

• Ava/Adam
  • Nat/Nate
  • Morgan/Mason
  • Farah/Felix
  • Rebecca (yes, she counts!)

0 voters

1 Like

It’s gotta be Angst du Mortain. All their brooding, lack of social skills, and suppression of romantic feelings, while damn endearing and hot, is pretty extra :laughing:

4 Likes

I’m so confused right now… The most extra? Extravagant?

2 Likes

It pretty much means “over-the-top” or “dramatic.”

My vote was for M. I think they are very dramatic

1 Like

A and M are so damn dramatic I wish we could vote twice lmao we have A who acts like the MC can endanger themselves with anything even a damn plastic knife, then there’s M who has their typical teenage rampages “your car is the definition of trash i need to waste my precious time riding in this damn thing so I won’t have to wait for your slow ass” complain,complain … aaah i love them so much

5 Likes

I voted for F. F likes stirring up the drama and pushing people’s buttons. They are also pretty exuberant.

A and M don’t really seem dramatic to me. M can definitely bring the smoulder, but other than that, M is pretty low key. A can be stubborn, but I don’t see them as dramatic either.They like to keep their emotions in check. N is too nice and congenial to be dramatic, and Rebecca keeps herself pretty together.

5 Likes
M being asked to do literally anything with/by the MC

M

8 Likes

I thought about voting for F but they seem to just be needling people for fun? I guess it depends on one’s definition of extra and interpretation of F.

Colloquialisms are hard. I wonder how UB would react to the MC using some slang. Say they were playing some video games and they just ‘pwnd some noobs’.

A would probably ask the MC if they have to be so childish and slang is an incredibly terrible way to communicate because so vague and its always changing and has different meanings for different people and why can’t it at least have a vowel in it like a proper word…

N would probably ask if everyone uses such perverted language nowadays, get disappointed when replied in the affirmative, then reevaluate if she still wants to be human again :cry:

F would probably just be like ‘hell yeah you did! take that noobs!’

M would probably taunt the MC for having a big ego, and also to never use those words again if they want to keep their lips.

1 Like

No one saying Rebecca? Does no one remember the scene where she gives them a vial of DMB (which is most probably not allowed) so she can get back the detective? And all the crying and panicking she does in general…

You mean when she gets freaked out over her kid being hurt??? I would hardly call that overdramatic. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

12 Likes

I mean more specifically the DMB scene. A is broody and all but I wouldn’t really call that “extra”. F is just more lighthearted. M is probably the second most extra though.

1 Like

well to be fair her child, who she spent YEARS trying to hide the secret for their protection, was not only kidnapped but also in the brink of “death” because she finally involved them like damn i’d also do the same if not more for them~ , so I guess her overreaction imo is valid but this also could be as A said, personal feelings getting in the way of the job is a big NO NO, ESPECIALLY if it could cost them punishment for going against said rules so 50/50 is what i’d say lmao

2 Likes

How is giving them a substance that can be the difference between live and death being extra?

6 Likes

IMO, it’s not extra, but that and the business with Chana are probably seriously against procedure at the Agency and would likely result in stern consequences for Rebecca.

Considering the level of threat, I think means were perfectly justifiable. Sure, Rebecca could get some flak for it, but nothing too serious: “agent deviation, yadda yadda, 150 pages of unfilled paperwork, yadda yadda, don’t do that again.” Optional “good job” at the end if Murphy was captured.

1 Like

I… Wasn’t expecting Bobby’s answer, tbh. Seems like having a kid with someone else is the ultimate slap on the face. Or do you think they are jealous of not having a family themselves?

8 Likes

Their own sister did leave Wayhaven just to get away from them. Family might be a touchy subject

12 Likes

A bit of both? Sera has said that Bobby thinks that they are the best the detective will ever have. The fact that the detective has moved on and then taken the next step has got to be a blow to their ego. But I also think that @Mewsly was right about this:

Perhaps they are really lonely inside, so having someone waiting at home for them (kid or partner) is something they’d want but never admit to.
__
editing to add:

Can you imagine Rebecca as a grandmother? I think she’d assign a whole other unit to the grandkid. LOL

side note:
There was a small kerfluffle on here the other day about Mason cheating. Let’s just put that officially to rest. :wink:

10 Likes

omg all this bobby angst jas me in tears like i get he may be a shitty person in general and may have hurt my MC but i just feel sympathetic towards them… oh well

and regarding M, ion know who would ever think they’ll ever be unfaithful when sera has mentioned how damn loyal they are with their close ones like UB, now imagine a person they end up having true feelings for? ugh i can’t wait for this moment ╰(´︶`)╯

1 Like

Bobby has quite the ego, huh? Moron.

Was there an ask about Bobby’s sister leaving Wayhaven? I don’t recall anything about that! A link would be much appreciated.

Just confirms what I thought, which is that M wouldn’t consider it cheating until way down the line when they develop feelings and, before that, Sera wouldn’t let it happen despite that. I’m just glad the author will really play interference to keep M from chasing everything in sight, since that’d make it impossible to ever develop a relationship with them!

I can’t wait for that moment, either. And I don’t think anyone would think M would cheat once feelings are involved. It’s just feelings won’t come for a long time, and M wouldn’t consider it cheating until that point, since there’s no relationship (you can’t cheat on someone you aren’t committed to, after all, and M is as no-strings as you can get in the beginning and for some time).

Once the feelings are there, I don’t think there’d be a more dedicated partner–after all, M is the only one who, once they’re in the relationship, would leave Wayhaven with the detective without questions or hesitation. That, to me, says it all about M (even A wouldn’t leave, and A is the only other one who’d choose the detective over the world, once feelings are there). It’s just getting there is going to take a very long time!

On another note:

Any guesses as to why Rebecca would have a problem with N, when N is the most open and emotionally supportive of all of UB?

1 Like