The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Wow, this looks like the place for M to retire. Not too harsh weather, easily ignoring everyone, no one is surprised if they are grumpy… :joy:

5 Likes

I see M as being from Greece.

2 Likes

He would surely blend easily! :laughing:

1 Like

hmmm for some reason I’ve always seen M as Egyptian or Native American … but we’ll finally see in the demo! i can’t wait!

3 Likes

I’d like an invite to the new thread.

What about Forenza? My grandfather is from Forenza, and I think it’d be totally fitting for M to be from there. I used to tell my grandfather, “The meaner you are, the longer God lets you live, so you’ll live forever!” and he thought it was hilarious. He lived until he was 94 and never forgot that, lol. He was mean as hell and his brothers were batshit crazy (there’s a story about someone pissing off one of them in Italy, and my grandfather’s brother threw the guy off a moving train and then had to move away to escape punishment for the crime, lol).

1 Like

Forenza in Basilicata? Is a small town. I never been there.

There is a say: “l’erba gramma non muore mai” the bad grass never die. Not very different from what you say to him. I used to say that to my dad’s uncle (he died at 93) and he found that funny too.

3 Likes

…all these ridiculous and spiteful sayings only reinforce my headcanon, lol

5 Likes

Ahhh, for a long time I had them as Egyptian as well. The description giving of them, with the long features an everything remind me of the Pharaohs statues lol.

But everyone was like “that’s too old, nenenenene” :joy:

@Willow_Felya_G we have that saying in Spain too! Hierba mala nunca muere.

This just makes me realize there are so many countries that love spite… :rofl:

4 Likes

omg

Wayhaven Fandom in 2017: I bet M is like a werewolf or something equally hot.

Wayhaven Fandom in 2018: M is grumpy grass, a goddamn weed, and I love them.

15 Likes

Yep, that’s the one. It’s very small… in the province of Potenza. We still have people over there, too. I’ve always wanted to visit. My dad’s cousin went and said they all (the family we have over there) reminded him of my grandfather. No bullshit, straight to the point, and have mean streaks from hell. He loved it, lol.

I love it. I’ll have to remember that one.

According to my grandfather, and this is a direct quote, “Italians invented vendettas.” If you pointed out that it’s an Italian word (and other cultures have words that mean essentially the same thing), he had a lot of four letter words in response. He was hilarious.

Edit:

Though I have to wonder if M would actually have vendettas against anyone. He’s more the type to “throw someone off the train” a’la my grandfather’s brother, in the heat of the moment, than to stew, I’d think.

2 Likes

I mean, mythologically, Rome (and therefore Italy) was founded as a final ‘fuck you’ to the Greeks, and honestly? That’s pretty M to me.

M: [stuffs their ships full of Trojans] You thought I was dead?
M: [sails across the Mediterranean] You thought I was fucking dead?
M: [settles Rome and conquers the peninsula] You thought you could beat me?
M: [conquers the Greeks] WELL GUESS AGAIN.

13 Likes

This, official. New headcanon for me, specially since I headcanon Marla’s dad to be Spanish. From now on she will call him “césped” :joy:

1 Like

Weed + Werewolf = M… Or the Swamp Thing.

2 Likes

Swamp Thing does want to be left alone in their swamp.

Although…

…is that M, Swamp Thing…or Shrek? Hmm. :thinking:

8 Likes

Well, I think this depends on how hot you find Shrek…

1 Like

You’re right, stewing is A’s thing.

Oh shit, A’s old, maybe they’re Roman? Eyyyyyy, my joke about the founding of Rome still works!

A: [stuffs their ships full of Trojans] You thought I was dead?
A: [sails across the Mediterranean] You thought I was fucking dead?
A: [settles Rome and conquers the peninsula] You thought you could beat me?
A: [conquers the Greeks] WELL GUESS AGAIN.

12 Likes

Now ghat I think about it… I think most people use to say “l’erba cattiva non muore mai”, as a more modern/correct Italian. “Gramma” is actually a more regional way of speaking :sweat_smile:
That’s what happen when I talk too much with my parents: I end up regressing to talk only in dialect :rofl:

2 Likes

lmao to be fair I don’t believe sera has mentioned how oold A is so Egyptian M can still be headcanon in our brains!

1 Like

So, assuming M was Egyptian…

Morgan as human?

Mason as human?

The images are from those nights in Cairo! Also, partial nudity on Mason?

8 Likes