The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

We really don’t know what kind of angst it will be–I was thinking more along the hurt/comfort lines we got a taste of at the end of book 1. Angst with characters in a relationship doesn’t mean the angst is centered AROUND the relationship. When I say “romantic angst,” I mean “angst that makes the characters acknowledge their feelings in a dramatic way.” So, like the MC passing out at the end of book 1 and their RO of choice fretting over them. Or, hypothetically, the RO getting put in the Agency’s caging and the MC having to cope with their absence and then comfort the returned RO. Or some other grievous injury, or the death of Rebecca (and now all feelings are heightened while UB copes with the loss of a beloved authority figure as well as a stark reminder of the MC’s mortality), or some other thing, we don’t know yet. That’s just the impression I got

The RO having to walk away from the MC–well, it’s a trope, and we know Sera loves those, so I won’t rule it out, but tbh I’d also be kind of surprised if that’s the direction she goes in. Could be wrong though–you are right, that this is speculation.

My main point was that it’s pretty unfair to declare that book 5–a book which doesn’t exist yet–can’t count as a book with M in a committed romantic relationship because Sera has said it will be angsty

@rose-court is right and I’ll step out now–I just wanted to clarify my thoughts given that there was a direct question to me

11 Likes

:two_hearts:

Sometimes it feels like you are tilting at windmills. :wind_face:

6 Likes

to keep this thread going and i’m not sure if this has been asked before

if your MC could turn into a supernatural of any kind (temporarily or permanently), what would they want to turn into?

Blaire would want to turn into a merperson/siren of some kind. He adores the ocean despite not being able to swim and this would finally give him the opportunity to enjoy swimming.
Sienna would not want to turn into a supernatural, but she is curious what it would be like to be a fae of some sort.

2 Likes

If you play it on the PC, there’s a mod that fixes that! (And also mods to fix a bunch of relationship flag bugs in DA:O. You’d think Bioware would fix it themselves, but nah…)

1 Like

Charlotte: Does Jedi count. Wait, no! A fairy! I want sparkly butterfly wings and the ability to shrink and maybe also break into people’s houses and steal their teeth

3 Likes

Charlotte if you steal ppls teeth whatre you going to do with them after???

2 Likes

As everyone said, I agree to stop things here.

The last thing I will say is, I think it would be wise if everyone could avoid saying Sera confirmed certain things, specially when she is purposely giving estimations and guesses. I don’t think is fair to her to take every one of her words as a confirmation of headcanons. And this I think should apply to everyone.

I apologise if I made you guys uncomfortable.

And one last note here, if anyone is asexual and romancing M as one, your romance will be just as good without the physical part! Sera is making an effort to make all romances feel amazing regardless of getting physical or not :smiley:

14 Likes

Step One: Collect teeth
Step Two: ???
Step Three: Profit!!

Either that or just…look at them.

This is gonna sound so gross but as a kid, my mom kept all my baby teeth in a little glass jar and every once in a while I would take them out and just look at them, try and figure out how they fit in my mouth, compare them to the teeth that grew in their place, and once I tried to smash one with a hammer to see what was inside but my mom caught me before I could smash the glass table where I’d put the teeth.

I just think teeth are so interesting…

Charlotte, at some point, probably:

5 Likes

Samir would totally be an incubus some kind of shapeshifter! Maybe into a swan! Or some kind of Fae, something pretty or could fly.

Rin… Well, I play her as an elf in Dragon Age: Inquisition so… Elf? :thinking: Or a werewolf

5 Likes

:clap: Let :clap: Samir :clap: Be :clap: A :clap: Sexy :clap: Sparkly :clap: Vampire :clap: 2Gay18 :clap:

2 Likes

Well, I can’t argue with that. Samir is a Sexy Sparkly Vampire. Plot twist, tho, its not natural “stand in sunlight” glitter. He just ordered the Pride Cards Against Humanity Pack with Glitter.

RIP his carpets…

5 Likes

Literally Samir:

http://dontwasteaspellslot.tumblr.com/post/175280422902/so-i-sent-this-emailessay-to-cards-against

(I just spent forever looking for this *because this is exactly how it happened and you can’t convince me otherwise.)

Also RIP Mason when he noticed his cigarettes have glitter particles in them

But at least Felix will be happy…itchy, but happy.

3 Likes

Yes. 100% Fact.

When he finally got them...

10 Likes

Bubbly Kira would be a fairy cause she likes to bake and eat bake goods. Flirty Kira either a fairy or demon because they’re agile and beautiful.

2 Likes

omg

“work stuff”
“important work”
“oh no”
“u fool”

Samir u goddamn fool ilusm

1 Like

There’s so much, omg

I’ll play…For my boy… Though it’s still being tweaked because of reasons.

not too sure what to think about it all, tbh

Charming 35%/Intimidating 65% (lololol)
Impulsive 56%/Cautious 44%
Sarcastic 58%/ Genuine 42%
Friendly 52%/ Stoic 48%
Easygoing 37%/Stubborn 63%

Heart 64%/Mind 36%
Optimist 46%/Pessimist 54%
Team Player 53%/Independent 47%

People 32%
Combat 33%
Science/Technology 45%
Deduction/Knowledge 69% (noice)
By the Book 68%/ Bend the Rules 32%

he's gonna play! he has no choice!

Yup.” He smiles wanly. “I have no choice.”

TRUTH:
What three words would they use to describe their personality?
Don’t have one,” he says, smiling. “That’s three words. It counts, right?”

What is the first impression that they give to people?
“Ideally? Not much of one. As for actuality?” He fake ponders things for a moment. “Yeah. Not much of one.”

What is something that most people think about them that is totally untrue?
“That I have even an ounce of worth?” He tries to smile but it fades quickly before he glances to the floor and begins to mumble to himself: *“but nobody actually thinks that of me, do they? They shouldn’t. So that doesn’t really count for the question, does it? But—”

What is something that people think they would never do but they have?
“That calendar, I imagine. Though I kind of wonder how many people would be surprised to find out I did theatre. Hmm.”

What terrible thing have they done that they lied to cover it up?
“…I don’t lie. So I can’t answer this question.” He sighs. “So that means I have to do a dare doesn’t it? Fucking…

What have they done that they hope people never find out about?
“…this is less a shady or embarrasing thing, probably won’t really count for the question, but…” He stops and tilts his head slightly from side to side, weighing whether or not he wants to actually answer before sighing and relenting. “I… donate a substantial amount of my monthly paycheck to various charities. Which I don’t want people to find out about because that’s not the point of it. So…”

What have they done that people would judge them most for doing?
“You mean besides continuing to exist?” He smiles theatrically, thinks for a moment before his smile turns as nervous as the laugh he breathes out. “Wow, that could be construed as being a bit fucking dark, couldn’t it? It was also definitely a joke. Uh… real answer? Probably not ending a relationship I obviously didn’t want to be in.”

What is the stupidest thing they have ever done?
“Uh… probably the time I got my grandfather basically kicked out of his church. I wasn’t aiming to, but…” He shrugs. “He wasn’t too happy with me after that.”

What is the most embarrassing thing they have been caught doing?
“I don’t know that I actually got walked in on, because our bathroom door never latched properly and it was probably just the wind or something blowing the thing open and shut, and I didn’t actually see him, but… my college roommate or may not have walked in on me while I was… in the shower.” He coughs meaningfully. “That’s all I can think of for things that might actually be considered embarrassing.”

What is the most embarrassing thing in their room?
“I don’t… all I have in my room is my bed, my closet, and a couple of nightstands. Maybe my bed? Because I can never be arsed to make the thing so… it might be sort of embarrassing if I ever had company over and they saw it?” He thinks for a moment. “Well… There’s also one of the cast shirts from when we did Death of a Salesman. With an obvious typo on it. Not really embarrassing for me– I still wear it-- but…”

What is the most embarrassing picture of them?
“It probably should be that picture I took for that calendar, but I’m not really embarrassed by it. So I really…don’t…know…” He looks a bit sheepish as he rubs the back of his neck with one hand. “That doesn’t really qualify as an answer. Does it?”

What is something they have never told anyone?
“… I dunno. I’ve never told anyone the pin number for my phone, but does that count? Judges?”

DARE:
For a guy, put on makeup. For a girl, wash off your make-up.
“Oh. That’s it?” He breathes a laugh. “For a second I thought-- nevermind. Uh. I need to go get some first. And some brushes and… I’m not about to share that shit with anyone, s’how you get infections and all sorts of bullshit.” He gets up and makes to go, but then stops, thinking. “You never actually said I had to go full-face, though, did you?” And then he’s out the door. When he returns, his lips are a tasteful shade of light blue, and he’s alternating between pouting his lips and trying not to laugh. “Coral blue number 2 semi-gloss lipstick. Is real. And it’s probably not really my color but…” He chuckles. “I couldn’t resist. However…” He holds up a small grocery bag, filled with basic makeup and brushes. “…if this doesn’t count, I’ll finish the job. Gotta honor the dare, right?”

…it’s a little hard to get away from my boy’s head to look at Adam. So that shit’ll probably still bleed through, so… sorry?

is about A.

What are the three top reasons A is your fave?
…because he’s the one I’m pairing with my boy, and I tend to sort of fixate on and fall in love with the first character I run through a thing with and so their LI becomes my favorite. Not necessarily for any particular reason, either. But. Also. I smell a shitload of overdramatic…ness… coming from behind his frowny façade and I am all about that shit. And I like to torture myself, so the slow as shit burn is very nice and so is the highest single LI angst rating. And, jokey reason, he continues my trend of digging blond boys whose names start with A and who also think they’re better than me (-waves coyly at Ashleigh Wakefield-).

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with A? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?
…sarcasm because sarcasm is fun for everyone. Mostly stubborn because of the same reasons. I… feel like I’m in the minority here with the flirts because I really like the shy ones? I see the appeal of the bold flirts – it’s fun to watch A react and I love the audacity of the bold MC in any route-- but. I dunno. Partially because that’s how my boy would roll, unintentional shy flirt style, but partially because…I really don’t know. Mostly the whole “suiting my boy” thing. Also, when trying to coax a cat out of hiding, your best bet is to lie on the floor and let them come to you, maybe drop some treats on the ground. And A is supposed to be a cat and all…

lol. Jk.

Is A’s extreme emotional control a turnoff or turn on?
It’s honestly just gonna make all those moments he can’t control his emotional shit be sweeter, tbh. The lovey-dovey emotions, I mean. It’ll also make every piece of broken furniture suck even more because you were controlling shit so well, dude, couldn’t you have held on until you were miles away from my desk??? Well… Until the furniture is broken for… good reasons, iykwim.

Did A’s comment toward the end, saying that the Agency would kill the MC before letting Murphy have them, and implying A would carry out that order, bother you or affect your feelings about this route?
Not at all. Dude’s got a job to do, MC’s life is one compared to the countless lives that could be lost if Murphy gets his way (reducing lives to math and all that, anyway) so I get it. Gonna be fun to see if he can make that kinda claim and mean it deeper into the relationship, though.

Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that A already has deep feelings for the MC (per Sera) and the problem is that A is too stubborn to act on those?
No! I mean. Well. A little tiny bit? Just because I want the tiny domestic shit and posthaste! Hah! But, for real, in the context of the character, I’d be extremely disappointed if things progressed quicker than slow slow slow burn. I also like torture and I also like long build-ups to relationships. So. A+ for A on that front. As for the feelings at first sight thing… umm… hmm. I kinda wish I didn’t know about that because, obviously folks will end up together eventually and I know it, but it kind of puts a damper on the whole “will they, won’t they” thing. Obviously they will, but it’s the possibility of they won’t that makes things better when they do and knowing the thing drives the THEY WILL home that much harder, so… But that doesn’t really answer the question, does it? Bleh. Idk. I’m kinda iffy on all that. I like that Adam is stubborn and refuses to act on shit, though. What an ass. But a good ass.

And then…

…hmm. Idk that he really wants to become one. Right now, anyway. Like he knows in the abstract that it’s a thing that is possible, but he doesn’t quite connect with being able to become something himself. That said, his curiosity would dictate – if temporary change was a thing – he try something. Would likely pick it out of a hat, too. And then he’d try something else. And then something else. And then–

Well. Assuming the actual transitions/detransitions weren’t traumatic as all get out. Then once would be enough, tyvm.

3 Likes

Thanks for the questions. They are really thought-provoking. So thought-provoking that I don’t have answers for your questions yet. Let me-I mean, Henriette think about it before getting back to you.

Edit: Answered your questions. Henriette likes both Adam and Nate, so I’ll answer the questions for Adam, Nate and the LT routes. Also, I’m going to answer from Henriette’s perspective rather than mine.

Adam

What are the three top reasons A is your fave?

Adam’s love at first sight for her. The sense of security she gets around Adam. His macho looks.

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with A? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation?

Sincerity. She knows Adam doesn’t appreciate sarcasm. Shy flirtation. Mostly easygoing, but stubborn at times when she thinks he’s definitely wrong or just being an ass.

Is A’s extreme emotional control a turn off or turn on?

Neither? But his extreme emotional control makes the times when he slip ups and lets his feelings show all the more sweeter.

Did A’s comment toward the end, saying that the Agency would kill the MC before letting Murphy have them, and implying A would carry out that order, bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

Yes. Totally yes. She doesn’t want to die.

Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that A already has deep feelings for the MC and the problem is that A is too stubborn to act on those?

Neither? She’s slow to develop feelings as well, so the slow burn will just be natural for her.

Nate

What are the three top reasons N is your fave?

His kind and gentle nature. His suaveness (esp during the hospital scene). His willingness to let his emotions show.

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with N? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

Sincerity. No reason to be sarcastic when around Nate. Shy flirtation. Easygoing. Again, no reason to be stubborn around Nate.

Is there anything N did in book 1 that turned you off at all? (I can’t think of any specific things that may have triggered this, because N is… N!)

Nope, nothing.

Did you welcome N’s advice on dealing with Rebecca at the facility or did that irritate you? Does his extreme openness with his emotions affect your feelings on this route at all?

She welcomed Nate’s advice. Because she knows it’s good advice and Nate is so sincere in giving it. Because feelings come very slowly for her, Nate’s openness with his emotions is kind of a shock for her.

Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?).

More appealing. It’s nice to see how Nate will melt her heart with his openness.

LT

What are the three top reasons the LT is your fave?

Can’t think of 3 reasons. She just likes both Adam and Nate.

Do you divide your time equally among N & A or tend toward one over the other? Do you deal differently with A than N (i.e., sarcasm vs sincerity, stubborn vs easygoing, bold vs shy?).

She spends more time with Nate, only because he’s so much easier to be with. She deals the same way with both Adam and Nate.

Is the angst involved in the LT a turnoff or turn on?

Neither? She’s not in it for the angst.

Does N’s openness vs A’s emotionally repressed nature bother you or affect your feelings about this route? Do you already know which one you prefer or will you let it play out and wing it? Does it bother you that one of them will be hurt?

Nate’s openness certainly makes it easier for her heart to soften, whereas with Adam it’s just both of them in denial about their feelings for each other.

Does the super extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that N will be at the forefront of the LT so there’s someone to mitigate A’s coldness?

Neither? It’s nice to see the little moments of passion between Nate and her and Adam and her. Yes, Nate’s warmness is a welcome change to A’s coldness.

A forest nymph. Because they’re beautiful and love to sing and dance. And yes, they have an insatiable sexual appetite, but that’s not part of the reason why Henriette would want to be a nymph.

Oliver is Intimating and Sarcastic? I can’t believe it, he’s like such a nice guy

Oh, what calendar? And what picture was that. Now you’ve got my interest piqued.

You mentioned that Oliver has only been in one relationship, so I’m guessing that he is ending that one relationship? Was it with Bobby?

1 Like

Ok, this is the quality content I need in my life. Your art is so god damn cute, I just can’t.

Samir is so incredibly cute, I want to adopt him :sob:

As per what supernatural creatures my MCs would want to be…

Marla would be something resilient and strong. She would debate between a werewolf and a minotaur, werewolfs are really cool, strong and agile, but minotaur… horns. Also, this is a bit off topic, but when Marla was little she really liked the idea of headbutting someone, then she growed up and realise that’s a good way to get a concussion… So… A minotaur should certainly be good enough to headbut things without giving herself brain damage? That’s her logic at least :joy:

Astrid, who is romancing F, would be a unicorn, that’s it. If someone pointed out they don’t exists, she would be, “listen pal, you said any supernatural creature, you didn’t specify it had to exist, so I will be the sparkliest unicorn in this universe, ok?” Then she would rush to get Felix and be showing off. “Look at this horn, Felix, touch it, feel it”. She would probably cry when going back to normal lmao.

Iris… Probably a forest nymph. Something related to nature, since discovering the cliches about the supernaturals humans know about are not entirely true, she would be low key hoping that nymphs are not some kind of evil creatures :joy:.

Irina. Irina… First of all she would sit down with N and start questioning him about the different types.of supernaturals. Once she had a good grasp of it, would choose whatever has the best mind control while saying things like how much better this station would be if people would just do what she tells them to do. She is very charming, I know, she has probably the same people skills as A, so, yes, she is lovely :rofl:

2 Likes

Ikr? Intimidating, I’m chalking that up to him being “in character” whenever he snatches up that badge, and so he decides “well, detectives ought to be intimidating, yeah?” and he probably takes things a smidge too far. On the other hand, if my boy is Dumbo, the badge is his “magic” feather, so maybe he simply can (or will attempt to) be an intimidating dude when he’s got some confidence flowing through him? I wouldn’t ever put him at 65% on his own, though. Idk, tbh.

Snarcastic… I can see it. He can be a sarky little shit at times. Not usually dripping with sarcasm, but. Subtle. And for his own sake more than to needle anybody. Except when he’s not subtle. Maybe it ought to be a bit more balanced, but…

...mildly inappropriate maybe, just in case?

It was a… tastefully inappropriate calendar he posed for as a favor to a teammate in college. The dude’s sister was putting it together – for charity!-- and it was of a bunch of athletes from the college and she wanted a hockey player but she also wanted a redhead to fill out the fall months (since leaves are red in Autumn? You’d have to ask her) And dude knew one person who fit the bill --guess who-- and so asked Oliver to do the thing. And so he did the thing. In little more than some of his hockey pads and gloves. Plus a smartly placed helmet or stick.

And so that’s how he became Mr November.

Yup! With him.

…there also should’ve been a “sooner” up in that answer somewhere, but what’s done is done.

2 Likes

A is much older than N.

:eyes: Interesting fact there, isn’t it?

10 Likes