The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Why N is the owner of my heart

What are the three top reasons N is your fave?
Maybe not in the order, but…
Nat is gentle and calm, I like this. Reading her dialogues is like to lie on a fluffy bed after a bad day.
Nat is tall and I have a weak spot for tall girls.
I share more interests with Nat than with the other ROs. Books are my life and I like classic music.
Bonus reason: it’s cute N doesn’t get along with technology.

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with N? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?
My MC is more sarcastic than sincere in general, but when talking to Nat I make them be more sincere and balanced between stubborn and easy going. I don’t pay much attention to this to be honest, I just pick what seems right at the time. Oh, and shy.

Is there anything N did in book 1 that turned you off at all? (I can’t think of any specific things that may have triggered this, because N is… N!)
Well… I’ll let the answer on the next question.

Did you welcome N’s advice on dealing with Rebecca at the facility or did that irritate you? Does her extreme openness with her emotions affect your feelings on this route at all?
I didn’t welcome that well. My problem with N is that she’s too optmistic and thinks everything can be solved with hugs and stuff. It was my MC’s mother, not hers, that wasn’t her business to tell my MC how they should deal with Rebecca.

Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?).
I just happened to like N’s personality but yeah, the fact that she’s more likely to open herself is a welcome bonus.

6 Likes

Sera did answer an ask a while back about when in the books it would start counting as deep relationship–so assuming that the plans don’t change (and they might change, or might have changed by now, given that the ask is from last year) M’s estimated to be considered “deep relationship” by latter half of book 4, or at least book 5. So saying that it’d be around book 5 isn’t really wrong–it’s probably more misleading to say that none of the romance content in book 5 could count. We know book 5 is angsty but given that Sera’s angst of choice is romantic angst specifically, I doubt book 5’s content will be relationship-averse

5 Likes

Didn’t know that ask exists! Well, I can wait. I love slow romances anyway. XD Been busy with Dragon Age Origins so I’m not been reading the recent asks. I apologize @EvilChani. :frowning_face:

2 Likes

Yes, I did put my answers inside of the quote.

2 Likes
Nate is my favorite and it’s not even close so to answer the questions:
  1. What are the three top reasons N is your fave?
    This is hard to nail down
  1. He’s sensitive: I think others might find it annoying but I like that he’s always asking how my Detective is doing or getting her opinion. I personally wish I had more friends like this who genuinely care.
  2. He’s physical without being too sexual: I like things like casual touching, rubbing your partner’s back, caressing the cheek, holding hands without having to go any further. I dont mind the NSFW stuff but I just happen to like cuddling, cute things more
  3. He doesn’t mind admitting weakness: He’s the only one that admits that the DMB got to him and it might be a problem. It showed me that he trusted my Detective enough to ask for help and it’s refreshing, especially in a male LI, instead of just trying to handle everything himself.
  1. Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with N? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?
    30/70 sarcasm to sincerity. And not any hurtful sarcasm either. Bold flirtation cause I am competitive and I want to outflirt Suavewell. Easygoing, I’m pretty similar to my normal self when playing Nate’s route so I’m just naturally that way, unless something really pisses me off

2. Is there anything N did in book 1 that turned you off at all? (I can’t think of any specific things that may have triggered this, because N is… N!)
    No, I’m legit trying to come up with something but he didn’t annoy me at all. There might of been one or two times I’d wished he’d spoken up but considering he was the only one who cared about the case in the first half, I can’t muster up any real anger towards him.

3. Did you welcome N’s advice on dealing with Rebecca at the facility or did that irritate you? Does his extreme openness with his emotions affect your feelings on this route at all?
    Nope, I’ve pretty much gotten to a point where I can see intent behind the advice (Cause I certainly get a lot of it) and I didn’t mind that he said something because he was doing it out of affection for Rebecca and the detective. And the openness is one of the things I love about him so I definitely didn’t mind that.

4. Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?).
    That’s fine with me because most games only show the buildup. Getting to see an actual couple interacting and maturing in their feelings is very rare. There will still be angst and drama but with a different set of issues than just ‘when will they acknowledge their feelings’

3 Likes

It’s no secret that I want Morgan to smash me in pieces so here is why I love her~

Summary

What are the three top reasons M is your fave?

• Freckles, that wolf like growl damn, her loyalty towards UB and those close like my MC when she gets tooooo close in future books etccc

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with M? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

• Sincerity, shy, and a mix of stubbornness and easygoing like idk why I don’t want to approach her bold and all wild when romancing her … but low-key still want to get physical even without feelings attached like just give me all those juicy scenes pls

Is M’s 100% focus on sex with no emotions involved a turnoff or turn on?

• Not really, it’s understandable why they’d do it for whatever reason it is. As long as both parties consent with a mere one night stand and the consequences afterwards then eh it’s no big deal, especially when y’all aren’t even in a relationship yet

Do M’s hot and cold ways with the detective (i.e., the way M’s hostile toward the detective unless trying to get them in bed) bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

• It’s a bit annoying but hey she thought of us as just any random person they were just going to forget once the mission ends so… it’s understandable and my pitiful ass won’t ever stop loving her ways like i’m too deep already lmao …

Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that M at least wants to get physical with the MC (and apparently goes back for more)?

• I don’t care how long it takes for Morgan to realise her true feelings for my MC, 5…7…8 heck even more years MY ASS WILL BE PATIENTLY WAITING FOR ALL THOSE BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS I GET TO BREAK DOWN THEIR WALLS! y’all in the beginning we may be friends with benefits ion care BUT the build up to make this amazing relationship happen by Sera will never bother me. @Seraphinite pls take all the time you need… i’ll support you along the way!:flushed::sparkling_heart:
4 Likes

I don’t remember what post she said that in(because i’m looking on her account and I don’t see anything about M romance), but she didn’t say that head canons weren’t allowed after all this only book one(and like you said this is Sera’s game not anyone else.) I think unless Sera’s say that “no, I don’t like you making head canons of my characters” or “no that isn’t correct, now stop saying it”. Then I think @EvilChani can have head canons on how M romance going to go(just like I have a head canon that they’re won’t be a kiss scene for A until book 7… don’t ask why, just know I like rewards… they’re just head canons.)

(after all it’s not like @EvilChani is completely wrong, there are these asks…

(that’s all or else i’m going to be spamming this thread with posts…)

But I feel like we should end this before people accounts start getting suspended or this turn into World War z: The internet(believe me I had one of those on another site, they’re fun at first but get tiring after a while.) Let’s just say both sides are right until the author say so.

1 Like

Good to see N getting some love. I guess I’ll do N as well…

• What are the three top reasons N is your fave?

Nate is genuine, supportive, and totally hot. Am I shallow for the last part? I don’t care if I am. :laughing: Also, suaveness is a turn on. :heart: I like a confident man.

• Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with N? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

Sincere with shy flirts though it is fun on some runs to pick the bolder options. I like to make Nate smile.

• Is there anything N did in book 1 that turned you off at all? (I can’t think of any specific things that may have triggered this, because N is… N!)

No turn offs, but I wasn’t a real fan of the dog scene. I just kind of skim right past it when I play now.

• Did you welcome N’s advice on dealing with Rebecca at the facility or did that irritate you? Does his extreme openness with his emotions affect your feelings on this route at all?

It slightly irritated my detective, but she understood where he was coming from, so she didn’t tell him to mind his own business (unlike another of my detectives lol). I prefer when people are honest about their feelings, so his openness is a major bonus. No guessing, no games. So refreshing.

• Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?).
    Again, I think this is just a poorly mis-worded question. I don’t think it will be easy. I think there are things that Nate/Nat will be struggling with. I feel like Nate/Nat looks like smooth, calm waters but actually there’s some turbulence underneath.

This last questions… I’ve got to say, I think @Nara-O hit it perfectly. I don’t really see a difference between the build up and the “official” relationship. I think it’s a journey for each character. I don’t think one route will be easier just because someone is more open to getting together romantically. Each vampire has their own “baggage” to deal with, so each route will have a different feel.

4 Likes
A Answers
  • What are the three top reasons A is your fave? I love tsunderes. I really enjoyed his confusion and surprise when my easygoing MC agreed with him. I enjoyed his frustration when my stubborn MC refused to listen. Basically it’s fun messing with him.

• Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with A? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing? Both. I have shy and easygoing MC and stubborn and bold MC.

• Is A’s extreme emotional control a turnoff or turn on?
    Turn on. It’s going to be so much fun when he finally breaks.

• Did A’s comment toward the end, saying that the Agency would kill the MC before letting Murphy have them, and implying A would carry out that order, bother you or affect your feelings about this route?
    Not really. I honestly didn’t really pay much attention to it.

• Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that A already has deep feelings for the MC (per Sera) and the problem is that A is too stubborn to act on those? No I’m looking forward to some blushing A and some wonderful tsundere moments.

M Answers

What are the three top reasons M is your fave? I also love the mystery and quiet type. I like the glares. And I like his rudeness and sarcasm.

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with M? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?
Both. I have shy and easygoing MC and stubborn and bold MC.

Is M’s 100% focus on sex with no emotions involved a turnoff or turn on?
Turn on. I found his boldness kinda amusing.

Do M’s hot and cold ways with the detective (i.e., the way M’s hostile toward the detective unless trying to get them in bed) bother you or affect your feelings about this route? No it intrigued me and I found it kinda funny.
Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that M at least wants to get physical with the MC (and apparently goes back for more)? No. I’m looking forward to it it’s going to be so much fun.

3 Likes

@Alexis I think you need to calm down some. Have some :tea:.

You seem to be taking things personally. Why not direct your energies to answering the questions that were presented instead? If you find yourself getting really worked up, I suggest just walking away for a day. @Meira_Litch is totally within her rights to disagree with @EvilChani. And @EvilChani is a big girl/boy. This is not the first time they’ve been in this type of debate before.

4 Likes

It’s not that I’m mad(believe me I’m one of the hardest person to get angry.)(and this is a fictional story after all) but I jumped in because I felt that @Meira_Litch was being a little aggressive with her point(that and because there will be a long debate which will ignore other people comments ) . Usually comments like that make people leave fandoms(not saying it was that impolite but still…) so I decided to step in before they start feeling like the whole fandom is against them or something. But I think this is the nicest fandom i’ve been in so I hope it stay that way. If @Meira_Litch post wasn’t suppose to be rude then I’m sorry for taking it that way.

(also I have no clue what tea taste like but thanks anyways.)(a part of me want to remove that post I made up there but other part of me wants to keep it up because I don’t like deleting past comments.)

3 Likes

…so…this is random but i’ve been constantly going to sera’s ig and fawning over UB y’all I can’t wait to see their full portraits THEY LOOK SO GOOD @sera my wallet is ready to support!

ngl after seeing some heated debates here over what I consider small trivial things … I’d rather not get much into it lmao still insightful though

2 Likes

At some level, this all seems to be an argument of semantics and it would be nice if we could all add qualifying statements at the end of our predictions ("…at least I think so." “I am of the opinion that…” etc), but that’s unlikely to happen so I won’t even suggest it.

What I will suggest is that we move on from this topic because, since none of know how these romances will go, there’s unlikely to be a conclusion until the games are released, and I honestly get headaches when we argue in circles.

For example, has anyone stopped to consider the fact that M lived through Twilight?

Just how many fans do you think they made swoon when M is not only a vampire, but has pretty wolfish characteristics?

Like, M was probably a cryptid on Twilight forums, the rare blend between the best aspects of both romantic leads.

Just think about it!

174018a8-d65a-4c38-8ee7-13f8c973c45e

15 Likes

Forgive the double post but consider this other thing:

F going on Twilight forums to spread rumors and post pictures of M.

“Another sighting, this time at a mall in British Columbia! Just who are they?!?!1”

And then that’s why F isn’t allowed on social media anymore.

15 Likes

Blaire would post photos for F if he knew any of this. He would take up the mantle and continue to spread F’s good deeds.

3 Likes

Cryptacular (F and Blaire’s usernames): Another sighting in a small coastal city!! [six attachments]

[forum explodes with reactivity and memes]

[long dormant speculation threads are revived]

[friendships are reignited]

[A has an aneurysm because Oh god, not this again.]

8 Likes

oof that’s even more of an incentive for Blaire tbh. anything to give A a hard time. in all honesty, that’s probably any easy way for F to get Blaire to do stuff with them bc he thinks A is too rigid and enjoys any opportunity to mess with them. But he also considers F one of his best friends so there’s that too.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ve been through this with you before, but I’m more than willing to do it again. While there was speculation in some of what I said (and perhaps I should’ve made it clear which part was speculation, but thought people were intelligent enough to figure out which is which), but I have no put ANY words into Sera’s mouth and would appreciate it greatly if you stopped making false accusations when I have REPEATEDLY provided links to the asks that support what I say.

In case you forgot, please read these before you accuse me again of making stuff up, okay? So here we go:

1. The M path will not be deep into the relationship until late book 4 or book 5:

Considering she says it OUTRIGHT, I don’t see how you can argue this one.

1. A bit on book 5 angst (can’t believe anyone would argue this, since it’s well known):

Okay, so let’s use a bit of logic here. It will either be late book 4 or in book 5 before the actual relationship with M starts. Book 5 is full of angst and misery. Ergo, it is reasonable to assume that whatever angst happens will have to do with the LI/relationship (since this is a romance, after all). That said, I refuse to count the ‘angst book’ as part of being in the relationship, since angst is the exact opposite of happiness. That leaves book 6 and book 7 for an actual relationship that isn’t miserable with M. While you can argue that angsty crap can still be enjoyable in a relationship, that is completely and utterly subjective, so you keep your opinion and I’ll keep mine. Since mine is that angst is not enjoyable in a relationship, that leaves two books for a relationship with M.

Next…

1. MC realizes feelings before M does. M realizes them “later” into the series (we can assume that’s around book 5, when it actually becomes something other than flirting):
  1. You have to wait a long time before you get a sign that M is actually into the MC and that means quite a few books in (which fits with the book 5 ask, too):
  1. It takes a very long time for M to bond with anyone at all, even more so in a romantic way:

Does this clarify enough for you? Or should I dig up more of these to show you that I’m not “putting words” into Sera’s mouth?

Yes, she has said there will be a hint “at romance and feelings” in earlier books (which I freaking said as well), but they won’t be as (and here’s a quote again from one of the above asks, just in case you missed it): “OBVIOUS AS OTHER ROMANCES.”

The one I will give you, and this WAS speculation (hence the question marks) is when I wondered what brand the angst will be in book 5 and mentioned M moving on to someone else. Yes, Sera has said she doesn’t like cheating, which means she wouldn’t do that. However, and this is a big however, if M is NOT yet in a relationship with the MC, it wouldn’t be cheating now, would it? Which is why I mentioned it. Do I think Sera will do that? Probably not, but there’s always a tiny chance because NONE OF US FREAKING KNOW. That’s why it’s called speculation.

Quite honestly, the list of questions was an attempt to get a very slow DB moving again. I really didn’t intend, nor am I in the frame of mind, to deal with your attacks on me simply because you don’t like what I have to say. I don’t like what others have to say sometimes, either, but as long as they are respectful and don’t get in my face, I let it go. Perhaps you should try that route as well, hm?

@HomingPidgeon Thank you. What do you mean that Sera’s angst of choice is romantic angst so it won’t be relationship averse? That’s what I’m not getting, and why I figured the angst would somehow center around the LI either voluntarily or involuntarily walking away from the MC (or the MC being removed from the team or something similar). Relationship-centered angst is typically of the ‘they can’t be together’ thing or something tearing them apart, right? Or am I missing something?

No problem @resuri08. :slight_smile: (btw, do you romance Alistair?? One of my favorite romances ever, though I do love Zevran, except for them screwing it up in DA2 and acting like Zevran would cheat on the warden… grr)

@Alexis Thank you for providing links supporting what I said. I was not making things up and really didn’t appreciate being accused of it when this exact same thing happened not so long ago and I provided links then to prove what I said. And thank you for pointing out that everyone is entitled to their own opinion, something some people often forget because they only want to hear what they like. I did not, and would not disrespect Sera and the great work she is doing. And speculation is part of the fun of discussing things in between books–trying to figure out wtf will happen. So thanks again, I really do appreciate it. :slight_smile:

I will respond to everyone’s answers in a bit. Watching this week’s miserable crit role and finding it depressing as hell. Thanks to all who answer! It’s fun reading everyone perspectives on their favorites!

3 Likes

@EvilChani

AAaaaaaaavaaaaaaaa

What are the three top reasons A is your fave?

1. I kinda like the authority figure who takes their job very seriously, even if it’s a bit too much sometimes. (…plus that’s close to how my MC is and I like to pair people who match.)
  2. They can be a jerk but they do mean well.
  3. A is adorable. They may not want to show their feeling but in the few times they slip the way they react to the detective is cute.

Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with A? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?
…Mix of sarcasm and sincerity, depends on the situation. Shy. Emma’s rather romance-shy. I don’t remember the stats…but it’s a safe bet to say stubborn. Think A needs someone who can be just as stubborn as they are sometimes.

Is A’s extreme emotional control a turnoff or turn on?
…Both. It’s stupidly cute to see them slip, but I think their emotional control would be something Emma appriciated. She’s a bit more on the emotional side (though she wouldn’t admit it or purposely show it in public) and I think she’d like having someone in control…even if it might get annoying.

Did A’s comment toward the end, saying that the Agency would kill the MC before letting Murphy have them, and implying A would carry out that order, bother you or affect your feelings about this route?
Actually the first ending I got, because I’m garbage. :stuck_out_tongue: (kidding, mostly.) I dunno, it kinda bugged me, but…I mean, I get it. At that point they do like the MC but A’s loyalty to the Agency is intense and they really don’t know the MC all that well. That said…I’m not sure if they actually would do it. They’re loyal to the agency, but they seem even more loyal to Rebecca.

Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that A already has deep feelings for the MC (per Sera) and the problem is that A is too stubborn to act on those?

I’m…torn…While I do like to jump into romances in games fairly quickly, I adore a good slow burn…They usually feel more organic and realistic, letting the feelings and connection build until things boil over. A’s honestly the one I’m the most curious about, and I’m honestly pretty excited to get to actually know them better, regardless of the romance, so…slow burn good I guess.

As for the ‘feeling at first sight’…not…not big on it. I understand seeing someone and being like “hot damn that person has a rocking body, oh man” but feelings…I think you need to know someone before feelings really happen, you know? Reason I’m not a fan of ‘love at first sight’ or soulmate things.

2 Likes

Ok, I think we should move away from the argument while things remain respectful, and so everyone has a chance to cool off.

I’d also like to remind everyone of the forum rules:

10 Likes