The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

What shocked me most about the 2nd one is that Mason was a balance on Sarcastic and Genuine. I figured he’d be way over on the sarcastic side.

Felix being an equal optimist and pessimistic was also a bit of a shock. F always seems happy-going and excited, not something I would tens to associate with being pessimistic.

Nate and Adam were right where I thought they would be personality-wise.

For the stats, I’m quite surprised that Rebecca’s combat is so high. I guess i don’t really associate her with doing any fieldwork, but maybe she’s just really good at combat.

I figured everyone moved over to the nsfw message. :smile:

3 Likes

This one actually didn’t surprise me. Mason is sarcastic as hell, but he also says what’s on his mind, no matter what anyone thinks. Just have to sift through which is which sometimes, lol.

Now that you mention it, that one kinda shocks me, too. Felix is so happy-go-lucky most times that it’s hard to picture him being pessimistic. The only hint you get is him mentioning going out, and when he says he is ambitious because he wants freedom in the Agency. I know Sera said it’s an honor to get chosen as an agent, but with Felix, it seems like he wants an entirely different life altogether. Makes me wonder what the story is there, and if he’s one of the exceptions to “it’s an honor” rule.

It didn’t surprise me for one reason: the conversation after the DMB attack in the detective’s apartment, where they comment that Rebecca can still hold her own in a fight.

It’s quiet over there, too. Too quiet everywhere. I need noise, dammit…

And, for the hell of it, here are my characters’ stats (everyone post yours, because I wanna see):

Dezh

Personality:
Charming: 36% Intimidating: 64%
Impulsive: 51% Cautious: 49%
Sarcastic: 64% Genuine: 36%
Friendly: 42% Stoic: 58%
Easygoing: 32% Stubborn: 68%

Traits:
Heart: 34% Mind: 66%
Optimist: 46% Pessimist: 54%
Team Player: 45% Independent: 55% (she got more team player-y as the game progressed)

Skills:
People: 28%
Combat: 67%
Science/Technology: 40%
Deduction/Knowledge: 21%
By the Book: 48% Bend the Rules: 52%

Nyx

Personality:
Charming: 47% Intimidating: 53%
Impulsive: 59% Cautious: 41%
Sarcastic: 68% Genuine: 32%
Friendly: 52% Stoic: 48%
Easygoing: 27% Stubborn: 73%

Traits:
Heart: 39% Mind: 61%
Optimist: 58% Pessimist: 42%
Team Player: 54% Independent: 46%

People: 28%
Combat: 63%
Science/Technology: 62%
Deduction/Knowledge: 23%
By the Book: 79% Bend the Rules: 21%

Jax

Personality:
Charming: 53% Intimidating: 47%
Impulsive: 64% Cautious: 36%
Sarcastic: 63% Genuine: 37%
Friendly: 67% Stoic: 33%
Easygoing: 52% Stubborn: 48%

Traits:
Heart: 64% Mind: 36%
Optimist: 65% Pessimist: 35%
Team Player: 85% Independent: 15%

Skills:
People: 40%
Combat: 59%
Science/Technology: 64%
Deduction/Knowledge: 20%
By the Book: 66% Bend the Rules: 34%

Gotta do Wolfe’s later… her doc got screwed up and I can’t open it, for some reason.

2 Likes
Alright, why not, here's my main

srcsm1
srcsm2
srcsm3
srcsm4

My left brain hemisphere says it is so, so sorry :speak_no_evil:

15 Likes

1 Like

It doesn’t surprise me that M is more heart than mind. Mostly because I always linked those stars with being more temperamental or more cold headed. And M… Is not cold headed :joy:

2 Likes

I have been lurking in the shadows far too long, now I must step into the light. So without further ado I introduce my OC Samael Estacado. If you wish to hear about the origins of his name I would happily tell you, ask and you will receive. Now on to more pressing matters.

Summary

If your MC could relive any childhood memory what would it be?
Excursion to Tallebudgera Recreation Camp when he was 10, he had his first kiss there. (Headcanon is that Wayhaven is in Australia)
If your MC could relive any childhood memory but had to make sure the outcome was different what would it be?
The day his father left.
What is their greatest physical weakness?
Running, which actually is good for him because he prefers to stay and fight than run.
What’s the worst pain they’ve experienced?
Other than the transfusion, the scars he gained from fights both physically and emotionally.
Do they have any compulsions?
He jumps into fights with reckless abandon.
Where would your MC put themselves on an alignment scale.
Definitely Chaotic Good, but being a detective restrains him to completely act that way though.
What was the best/worst advice they were given?
Best: Sometimes you just gotta let shit go and say “To hell with it” and move on. M.M.
Worst: Be careful

Answered from my OC perspective.
Do you think anyone in UB can draw or paint? If so who? What would they draw/paint.
“Yes actually, I imagine Nat would be quite the artist. As for what she would draw I reckon it would depend on her mood so I can’t rightly say.”
What is your favourite scent?
“Petrichor have fun finding out what that smells like.”
Are you a night owl or an early bird?
“Funnily enough I am actually both. Late to sleep, early to rise I like it that way.”
Between you and the one you love, which would be the one to pop the question? Do you even have the desire to marry?
“If we have been together long enough and she loves me the way I love her then by all means yes I would.”
Do you have a tick or nervous habit?
“Yes I do. This necklace around my neck, I scratch at it when I get nervous, also this ring I wear on my right hand it gets spun around when I’m thinking.”

What do you think your MC’S best assets are?
His muscles (need I say more?) also his height advantage over everyone, he stands at 6ft 3in… Oh and his charming smile.
What does your detective perceive as their worst personality trait?
His impulsive nature, he can’t help but do things on impulse rather than being cautious about certain situations.
What’s the maximum amount of time your character can sit still with nothing to do?
Five seconds, he has to do something or he will go stir crazy.
How easy is it for your character to laugh?
In some ways he is like Farah ready to crack a joke at any time so he is laughing a lot, therefore pretty easy.
How do they put themselves to bed at night?
Reading, give him a good book and he will read till he can’t stay awake any longer.
How easy is it to earn their trust?
Incredibly difficult, you have to prove yourself to him that you deserve his trust and that he can trust you too.
How easy is it to earn their mistrust?
Pretty damn easy, you say one bad thing about the people he cares for and that’s it your done.
Do they consider laws flexible, or immovable?
He is Chaotic Good nuf said.
What triggers nostalgia for them, most often? Do they enjoy that feeling?
Fighting, he hates the feeling that comes with it but that doesn’t mean that he will stop. He fought a lot when he was younger and back then he revelled in it.
What were they told to stop doing most often as a child?
Again fighting.
Do they swear? Do they remember their first swear word?
Yes only when they get hurt though. No he doesn’t remember his first swear word.
What lie do they most frequently remember telling? Does it haunt them?
Telling Bobby he loves her, he didn’t realise it when they were dating only after the breakup, and no it doesn’t haunt him.
How do they cope with confusion?
He hates being confused so he seeks clarification.
How do they deal with an itch found in a place they can’t quite?
Backscratcher, that or if someone is willing get them to do it.
What colour do they think they look best in? Do they actually look best in that colour?
Black is his favourite colour and yes he look awesome in it don’t you dare say otherwise.
What animal do they fear most?
He doesn’t fear any animal if anything it is they who should fear him.
How do they speak? Is what they say usually thought of on the spot, or do they rehearse it in their mind first?
He says what he means and means what he says, whatever he says is always thought of on the spot.
What makes their stomach turn?
Samael reads this, starts laughing “haha haha you my friend are funny”
Are they easily embarrassed? What embarrasses them?
No he isn’t easily embarrassed, seriously nothing can embarrass him.
If they were asked to explain the difference between romantic and platonic love, how would they do so?
“Platonic love is ride or die. Romantic love is till death do you part”
Why do they get up in the morning?
It is his responsibility to protect the people of Wayhaven that is enough for him to get up.
How does jealousy and/or envy manifest itself in them?
He believes that jealousy and envy are disgusting feelings to have so he avoids feeling that way.
Is sex something that they’re comfortable talking about? To whom?
Yes he is comfortable talking about it, and to whoever else is.
What is their preferred mode of transportation?
Walking or riding, he absolutely hates that clunky car of his and I quote “That blasted thing can burn a fiery death.” (or was he talking about Murphy? I can’t remember.)
What causes them to feel dread?
Ha he doesn’t feel dread.
Would they prefer a lie over an unpleasant truth?
In his words “I would rather be told the ugly truth than a beautiful lie.”
Do they usually live up to their own ideals?
Yes, if he didn’t he would be lost.
Who do they regret most meeting?
It’s a tie between Bobby and Murphy.
Who are they most glad to have met?
Unit Bravo nuf said.
Do they have a go-to joke in a conversation?
“There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don’t.”
Could they be consid- “Finish that question I dare you!”
How hard is it for them to shake a sense of guilt?
If it is about someone he cares about pretty difficult otherwise it’s pretty easy.
How do they treat the things their friends come to them excited about? Are they supportive?
If his friends are excited about something he will share in their excitement, and yes he is very supportive.
Do they actively search for romance, or do they wait for it to fall in their lap?
He is active about everything he doesn’t like to wait for long periods of time but that doesn’t mean that he has little patience.
Do they have a system for remembering names, long lists of numbers, things that need to go in a certain order?
He has a great memory when it comes to stuff like this but if something doesn’t stick he will write it down a dozen or so times till it does.
What memory do they revisit the most often?
The day he caught his first fish, the only time that Rebecca had acted like a normal mother.
How easy is it for them to ignore flaws in other people?
Okay for this one it’s not just my characters answer but what I believe also. Flaws aren’t things to be ignored they are to be loved because they make that person who they are, and if you can’t love their flaws then you don’t deserve to be with them.
How sensitive are they about their own flaws?
Again not just my characters answer but mine also. I am not ashamed about my flaws, they are apart of me I can’t change that and if I could I wouldn’t want to.

Just a quick message to everyone, You don’t need to be ashamed of your flaws or your scars, they make you who you are and scars show how much you have gone through to be here today, they show others how strong you are, that no matter what happens you will persevere and you will become a better and stronger person because of the hell that you went through. Stand Tall, Stand Strong, Stand Proud.

How do they feel about children?
He absolutely adores children especially how innocent and cute they are😁
How badly do they want to reach their end goal?
“End goal what end goal?”
If someone asked them to explain their sexuality, how would they do so?
F!UB nuf said
How would they introduce their RO as their romantic partner?
“I would like to introduce you to my red flame.” (have fun finding out what that means)
What does your MC like in other people?
Not insulting or threatening the ones he cares about.
What does your MC dislike in other people?
Insulting or threatening the ones he cares about.
How does your MC behave around people they like?
Friendly, charming and warm.
How does your MC behave around people they dislike?
Cold, threatening and hateful.
What sleeping position does your character sleep IN? Does it match their personality?
PILLOW HUGGER!! Definitely.
What is the one thing nobody should ever say to your MC?
With him it’s never just one thing, just don’t insult or threaten anyone he cares about.
What’s your MC’s Facebook presence like?
Checks it daily, doesn’t talk much on it though instead he watches video’s and plays games.
If they could see any one band/artist in concert who would they chose to see?
Machine Gun Kelly, Five Finger Death Punch, F.U.N., Imagine Dragons or Bombs Away.
How would they respond to coming across an obviously lost child?
Sees lost child, walks up to them crouches down and says"Hey little man/sweetie you looking for your parents then climb on my shoulders and lets look for them together."
Describe their body type.
Lanky MoFo and Muscles Galore
What would they name their child?
Jackie, it works for both male and female.
What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?
NOTHING (heh what Morgan and Farah wish) nah he was just wearing his casual shirt and jeans both black, instead of his practical everyday wear also black.
What would your MC/RO’s ship name be?
SamAva
NatSam
MorgSam
FarSam
How would they handle it seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?
Catch the spider to keep as a pet and throw a knife at the cockroach.
If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?
Crowd Control/Gunner
If your MC was declared God-Emperor of Earth what would be their first order of business?
If control of the world powers came with it he would end world hunger, cure cancer, stop wars and end poverty.
Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they are what would their final words be?
“Ride or Die motherfuckers Ride or Die.”

It took me 7 hours to do this.
Long time, Much fun

1 Like

@EvilChani I’m bored too.

So bored that I decided to play Truth or Dare with everyone’s MC:

TRUTH:

• What three words would they use to describe their personality?
  • What is the first impression that they give to people?
  • What is something that most people think about them that is totally untrue?
  • What is something that people think they would never do but they have?
  • What terrible thing have they done that they lied to cover it up?
  • What have they done that they hope people never find out about?
  • What have they done that people would judge them most for doing?
  • What is the stupidest thing they have ever done?
  • What is the most embarrassing thing they have been caught doing?
  • What is the most embarrassing thing in their room?
  • What is the most embarrassing picture of them?
  • What is something they have never told anyone?

DARE:

• Post an extremely unflattering picture of themselves to the social media choice of their liking.
  • Call the first contact on their phone and sing the person thirty seconds of the song “I’m Sexy and I Know it” for guys and “Baby One More Time” for girls. (Or whatever other embarrassing songs)
  • Walk nude around the sidewalk of their house for one minute.
  • Kiss a random person
  • Beg and plead a random person not to leave them for another person.
  • Give someone your phone and let them send on text message to anyone in their contacts.
  • For a guy, put on makeup. For a girl, wash off your make-up.

Choose ten Truths to to answer. If not, attempt a Dare (and describe how would they react to the dare).
There must be a total of ten Truths or Dares. (So e.g. ten Truths and no Dares; or nine Truths and one Dare, or eight Truths and two Dares, etc.)

Have fun!

@EvilChani I hope this “bad things irl” is just phase and will go away soon. If not then… well, we are all friends here, and will support you through this bad period. :smile:

@Sovereign So what’s the story behind your MC’s name

2 Likes

I chose Samael because that was Lucifer’s name before he fell from heaven when he was an archangel of God. The last name Estacado came from the game The Darkness in it Jackie Estacado the main character is the host of The Darkness. Samael and Jackie couldn’t be more different, one is a warrior of light the other of dark combine the two and you get the perfect balance of light and dark, that is what my character represents.

1 Like

!!! i’m so very excited for the patreon and the demo is so close too!!

@michellexylee your truth/date looks interesting so i’ll try to answer those later!

10 Likes

That Mason drawing is just… wow. Can’t wait for her to get her Patreon page up and running.

@michellexylee I’m still blah and don’t have energy to answer the questions (or let the characters out to do it themselves), but have a few questions from a reader’s perspective rather than a MC perspective:

For those who prefer the A route:
  1. What are the three top reasons A is your fave?

2. Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with A? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

3. Is A’s extreme emotional control a turnoff or turn on?

4. Did A’s comment toward the end, saying that the Agency would kill the MC before letting Murphy have them, and implying A would carry out that order, bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

5. Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that A already has deep feelings for the MC (per Sera) and the problem is that A is too stubborn to act on those?

For those who prefer the F route:
  1. What are the three top reasons F is your fave?

2. Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with F? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

3. If you took F to Kate’s, did their inability to deal with her emotional state bother you? Did you like how, before leaving, they helped her? Did it bother you that they asked you not to mention what happened to A or did you understand the request?

4. Did F’s tendency to insult things (the MC’s car, the MC’s apartment, the MC’s appearance after no sleep, etc.) bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

5. Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?).

For those who prefer the M route:
  1. What are the three top reasons M is your fave?

2. Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with M? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

3. Is M’s 100% focus on sex with no emotions involved a turnoff or turn on?

4. Do M’s hot and cold ways with the detective (i.e., the way M’s hostile toward the detective unless trying to get them in bed) bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

5. Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that M at least wants to get physical with the MC (and apparently goes back for more)?

For those who prefer the N route:
  1. What are the three top reasons N is your fave?

2. Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with N? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

3. Is there anything N did in book 1 that turned you off at all? (I can’t think of any specific things that may have triggered this, because N is… N!)

4. Did you welcome N’s advice on dealing with Rebecca at the facility or did that irritate you? Does his extreme openness with his emotions affect your feelings on this route at all?

5. Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?).

For those who prefer the triangle route:
  1. What are the three top reasons the LT is your fave?

2. Do you divide your time equally among N & A or tend toward one over the other? Do you deal differently with A than N (i.e., sarcasm vs sincerity, stubborn vs easygoing, bold vs shy?).

3. Is the angst involved in the LT a turnoff or turn on?

4. Does N’s openness vs A’s emotionally repressed nature bother you or affect your feelings about this route? Do you already know which one you prefer or will you let it play out and wing it? Does it bother you that one of them will be hurt?

5. Does the super extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that N will be at the forefront of the LT so there’s someone to mitigate A’s coldness?

Okay, that’s it. Curious to see everyone’s answers…

4 Likes
My answers for why M ended up becoming my unexpected fav
1. What are the three top reasons M is your fave?

Oof, hmmmmmm. I like his honesty. Mason’s very upfront about his feelings and doesn’t really bend to please others which I really enjoyed. His hostility is probably another reason? It was interesting to me how his behavior was different with the detective as opposed to the rest of UB, and I wanted to see what else he was like if he wasn’t hostile to you. I’m not sure for a third reason?? I just really ended up liking Mason for one reason or another. If I come up with a third I’ll change this answer.

2. Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with M? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

Does sincere sarcasm count? I prefer sincerity though. There’s something appealing about throwing some genuineness his way, and watch him be caught off guard about it. Bold flirting! As much as I liked the shy flirting options, I liked the fire the bold flirting has more. Easy going all the way. Mason’s too bold to try and fight, and I think just letting things go with the flow bring about more interesting possibilities.

3. Is M’s 100% focus on sex with no emotions involved a turnoff or turn on?

Hm… no opinion? Maybe turn on, just because I’m more invested in learning what else he has to him. I wanna see what else makes him tic.

4. Do M’s hot and cold ways with the detective (i.e., the way M’s hostile toward the detective unless trying to get them in bed) bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

I like it! It provides a certain amount of unpredictability I enjoy. I think it’s funny in a lot of ways, just because you aren’t really sure when he’ll switch and how hot or cold things will be.

5. Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that M at least wants to get physical with the MC (and apparently goes back for more)?

More appealing! I prefer slow burn romances in general, because I enjoy seeing that building up. I’m pretty sure his actual relationship won’t come at the very end, lmao, but I like being able to see the layers to M even if that means being a little patient. As for getting physical, I don’t really care one way or another? Physicality-atleast for M/Blaire- isn’t something I put too much thought into, I’m much more invested in emotional intimacy and seeing what else he considers of importance outside of sex, but atleast Mason is upfront about where his interests lie in the beginning, so I can respect that.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is one of the things I love most about Mason. He says what he thinks, like it or not and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him (I like the bar scene when he says he doesn’t appreciate your assessment of him, then says he only cares about what the group of girls think ‘if the night turns out like he thinks’).

I also love his loyalty to UB. He’s so protective of them (snapping your head off when you ask about F being a natural vampire) and yelling at you when you refuse to leave him in the parking lot, because the team has risked their lives protecting you and if you’re gonna throw it all away, he’ll hand you over to Murphy himself. Anyone who screw with UB (his friends) will get crushed in a hurry, and that includes the MC.

Yep, I love his response at the hospital when you say you came out to check on him. “Why??” He’s not used to anyone but UB giving a damn about him, I don’t think, and immediately goes hostile when you show concern (if he doesn’t try to get into your pants). And bold flirting is the only way to go with him. He’s too used to having the upper hand, so playing his game back at him works.

Yeah, lol. In the middle of a fight, he’s ready for a different kinda thank you. With your mother (and the rest of UB) one room over, he’s ready to go at it. I love that kinda ballsyness.

Not the very end, just close to it (better than the LT, at any rate). Last quarter of the series, I guess, since Sera said it’d be book five (and I’m not counting book five since it’s all angst and misery–who knows what form that’ll come in, so it may seem over as soon as it starts). I mean, she has constantly warned that the actual relationships for M & A won’t happen till way way way into the series, so it’s probably best to just resolve ourselves to the fact that it will be nothing but buildup and tension (and angst) till the last two books.

I wonder how much we’ll get to see, though. Sera said it takes a really really long time for M to accept someone, and since there are no friendship points with the RO, anything M shares will be based completely on the romance, which is an ungodly slow burn, so M probably won’t share much with the MC until the relationship happens way down the line. Maybe watching M with the rest of the team will give us glimpses as to what’s under all the heat and hostility? His friendships with them are pretty much the core of who he is (and says–in the bar scene I think–that he has everything he needs with them). I’d like to be able to witness more of that.

Yeah, he’s up front, but there won’t be emotional intimacy with him for a very long time, if at all (Sera said something about him never being tender/lovey/whatever in an ask), so without the physical part, I’d think his path would be boring as hell. Just a bunch of sexual tension and him being mean when he’s not trying to get into the MC’s pants, until he decides he has a feeling and doesn’t want the MC going anywhere.

Though, admittedly, the physical part at that point would probably be better. Maybe? Well, better than the meaningless string of one-nighters with him bailing as soon as he’s done, lol. I dunno. Maybe it’d be better to wait. When all the books are out, I may do a playthrough with a character who waits for the physical, but the main MC I’m using for him would just throw in the towel pretty quick if there was nothing physical with him to balance out his hostility and lack of… not sure of the correct word, but the fact that he obviously doesn’t like the MC at all, lol. Without anything physical, it’d just be complete and utter masochism wanting someone who obviously hates you other than wanting in your pants!

The awnsers about A(and why I am in love with that oaf)

1)What are the three top reasons A is your fave?
-Eye color,height and fact that A is absolute hardass to deal with

2)Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with A? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?
-Like with everyone else sarcasm, and being stubborn with A is just unavoidable, bold vs shy is mixed

3)Is A’s extreme emotional control a turnoff or turn on?
-Ohh, it’s a turn on 100%

4)Did A’s comment toward the end, saying that the Agency would kill the MC before letting Murphy have them, and implying A would carry out that order, bother you or affect your feelings about this route?
-Well I generally dislike when people try to kill me…so it would bother me a bit, but it’s sacrfice one for many

1. Does the extreme slow burn nature of this RO make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., does it bother you that most of this route will be buildup and an actual relationship won’t come until almost the very end?). And, on that same note, does it help to know that A already has deep feelings for the MC (per Sera) and the problem is that A is too stubborn to act on those?
    -Hmmm…i don’t really care if it is a slow or not burn(then again i will prob shout at screen why wont bloody idiots just admit feelings for eachother)
    And the fact A already has deep feelings from begging and being too stubborn to act is definetly a bonus(i kinda enjoy that sorta thing)
4 Likes

Yeah but I’m fine with that? When I mean I’m into slow burn, I’m into slow burn. I’m in it for the long haul, lmao. And I happen to enjoy angst so that might be where our interests conflict? I don’t mind being patient because I’m invested in his character and I know some people are harder to open up than others, that’s the appeal for me.

This is probably more of a preference thing and how you play your MC, because Blaire doesn’t care one way or another? He’s attracted to Mason very much, but he’s also just in it for sex in the beginning. It’s a willing partner so why not? He knows what kind of person Mason is and doesn’t expect anything from him (or much of UB in general in the beginning). He knows what he’s getting into-the only concern for Blaire would be they have to work together, so if Mason starts throwing hissy fits by being near him he’ll throw hands, but other than that he doesn’t care. Even when Blaire starts to realize his own feelings, his entire thing is “ah well I’m the dumbass here. I knew what I was getting into, it’s my fault if I expect more”.

1 Like

I love A’s reactions to sarcasm and bold flirtations! Half the time, he isn’t sure if the MC is being sarcastic or not (“how hard can it be to find one psychotic vampire in this town?” and he’s like “are you serious???”). And OMG, I love the scene in the warehouse when the MC can say they made a bloody mess of things and he’s like “a pun??? right now???” because it catches him off guard (though, by then A should be used to it!).

And the bold flirting with him makes his facade crack ever so slightly into an almost smile. I don’t like the shy route with him. I like being in his face with it (“I can think of other times you could say my name” though I wanted to add “or scream it…”).

Yeah, I think that’s the saving grace of A’s route. Sera said in some ask that it was supposed to be love at first sight or something, so it’s already a deep relationship, A just refuses to act on it because they’re a stubborn ass.

Oh, I’m not saying that I’m not into his route (Mason is, by far, my favorite of the four). I just mean that, when you said you thought it wouldn’t be the very end when the relationship happened, we already know from Sera that it basically will be in the last two books when it’s more than just flirtation or banging (depending on the MC choice).

I’m dying for M’s backstory, honestly. Sera said he’s not gonna change, even when he discovers a feeling or something, so I want to see what made him the way he is, or if he’s just always been that kind of free spirit that isn’t interested in commitment or emotions or being with anyone past the time it takes to finish.

Yeah, this is how Dezh is. She’s attracted to him, turned on by him (a lot), and actually likes that he’s all about sex and nothing else (she doesn’t do emotions other than anger or sarcasm). And, honestly, she expects him to do his “one and done” thing with her, so it’ll be a nice experience.

When that continues (assuming it does, since Sera said the MC will get the choice to take up M on ‘fun’ again or say no), it’ll surprise her. When she realizes she has the feels, though, she’s gonna freak the hell out, because what worse torture could it be than to fall in love with someone who is incapable of it and would probably stop screwing her if he knew she wanted more? And then when whatever the angst is comes (him walking/hooking up with someone else or her being removed from the team or whatever horrid thing it is), it’ll be even worse, character-wise. And, like Blaire, she’d know it was her fault for falling for him and wish she’d kept it a one nighter.

Anyway, I just think from a reading perspective, rather than character perspective, M’s path would be horribly boring and cringe worthy without the physical part, since there’s really nothing else there except a crumb here or there. Worse, it’d be painful, akin to repeatedly ramming your head into a wall to knock a hole in it, lol. With the physical part, at least there’s something to enjoy along the way. JMHOYMMV…

1 Like

Yeah, Sera did say that the full on romance will be later on. She also said a million times that we will have romance way before that one way or another. So please stop bending her words to fit your desires for the rest of the series. M romance is not going to play the way you say, and Sera has never confirmed it, still, you make it sound that way.

Another thing that Sera has confirmed is that non of the ROs will be with anyone else, NEVER. So you can also stop the line of thought about M hooking with others for the angst of book 5.

Really, is fine for everyone to have their opinion, but when you repeat the same over and over again, and now you even put things in Sera’s mouth, it does get really exhausting.

14 Likes

@Meira_Litch er, I technically don’t agree with @EvilChani on the certain thing but I feel that your post come off as cruel, @EvilChani is their own person and if they believe that, then fine that’s their opinion(and they shouldn’t feel the need to change it.). After all this game is mostly built on headcanons so as along as the headcanon isn’t something disgusting(cough Cough hetalia France headcanonscoughCough) who are we to say their wrong(since we’re not the creator)?at the end of the day I feel it’s cruel to attack or harass someone over a headcanon(that goes for everyone including me).(I feel like i’m in the wrong for this…)

I’ll answer those questions later when I can think of something…:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I always talk about Mason, so I figure I’ll answer about Felix this time. F needs more luv. :unicorn:

• What are the three top reasons F is your fave?

He’s sweet, fun, and surprisingly deep. I thought he’d be a shallow flirt character, but there’s a depth to F that I really like.

• Do you lean toward sarcasm or sincerity when dealing with F? Bold flirtation or shy flirtation? Stubborn or easygoing?

Like my Adam detective, I tend to switch between shy and bold with Felix though I tend to favor the shy more. And I prefer to pair F with an easygoing character as I think a super stubborn person doesn’t mesh well with F.

• If you took F to Kate’s, did their inability to deal with her emotional state bother you? Did you like how, before leaving, they helped her? Did it bother you that they asked you not to mention what happened to A or did you understand the request?

I was surprised Felix was unable to help with Kate until the end actually. He’s the only one that really has no idea what to do. But at the end, he was able to pull himself out of freak out mode, and he tried his best to help. :heart: Why would Sophie tell on Felix? He explained that those situations aren’t really his thing and he wasn’t trained for them, and she felt for him.

• Did F’s tendency to insult things (the MC’s car, the MC’s apartment, the MC’s appearance after no sleep, etc.) bother you or affect your feelings about this route?

That was annoying. Even on my main Emma and Mason run, I changed her apartment to colorful (sorry Mason, get your sunglasses) after Felix said she lived in a grandma place. That butthead! LOL

For those that don’t know, there is an option when talking to Felix about how you look the day after patrol where if you say “This is how I look, deal with it,” Felix says “I didn’t say you didn’t still look hot.” (or something along those lines). So if you want to not feel any sting from Felix/Farah, that’s a good option to choose. (It also gives, iirc, a friend point for Mason.)

• Does the fact that this relationship route will be easier make it more appealing or less appealing? (i.e., do you like the fact that it will be less buildup and more relationship?

I don’t think it will be easier, just maybe more lighthearted. Not that it will be completely free of angst, but it won’t be super heavy like the LT. I’m really looking forward to getting to know him more and exploring more facets of Felix.

On a side note: My detective will be crocheting this for Felix:

It’s too cute not to.

8 Likes

Sera literally went out of her way in the last thread to let her know that non of those things will be happening. When the author of the game makes a comment like that, is just polite to let it go down a bit.

This is Sera’s game, she took the time to ease this fear, to let people know that, no, this game is not like that. Despite this, this keeps happening.

As I just said, I think is just polite to let it go when the author did interfere long ago.

8 Likes

It would be best if you rectify this statement. Sera didn’t mention anything about feelings being fully acknowledge in Book Five. People might get a wrong idea about this.

Like Sera said before, even if A and M are the slowest burn, it doesn’t mean they don’t have any moments throughout the Books. =)

7 Likes