The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Nice to hear that Sera is doing Chapter 4 and this:

came up with a scene I want to put in Chapter 4 that I am seriously so excited about, hehe :smiley:

Looking forward to what this will be! The wait will be bearable though since Sera influenced me to play Dragon Age and just in time too since I was able to get the game during the Steam summer sale. This was probably while I was not around much. :laughing:

8 Likes

Dragon Age…

remembers the ending of the original where I sacrificed myself and knocked up Morrigan in the same playthrough

Morrigan was bae though.

1 Like

Hi everyone! Hi Sera!

Don’t want to derail the discussion, but I just had to drop in and say that I absolutely love TWC. The characters, the writing, the er, angst (soooo much angst), really drew me in. I particularly enjoyed the little hints about each member of UB’s past that gave me some angsty headcanons lol! Hyped for book two and its upcoming demo!

Have a good weekend everyone! :smile:

12 Likes

Oh dear… this is only the tip of the iceberg, sweetie.

*whispers * Book five will rip our hearts out of our bodies, shred it in a thousand pieces, stamp on all those pieces with stiletto heels just for the fun of it, then it will give a half-hearted attempt at stitching it all back together, only to lose interest and put the mess back in our bodies.
Meanwhile, we will all try to live through the pain, tears and angst. Some of us will not make it, those brave soldiers will get a memorial to which we will return every anniversary, not one of them will be forgotten…

…Yeah, have a great weekend yourself!..

12 Likes

Sounds like something Yoko Taro would write… consider me excited!

grabs box of tissues in preparation

2 Likes

I am so ready for 4 hot vampires to play with my feelings like a violin…

I’m more worried about the love triangle in book 6…poor A/N :sob:

4 Likes

Or saxophone! M plays the saxophone…*swoons by merely thinking about it *

Hey guys!

Saw a list of “What Would You Do” type of questions, so I picked out some of the more interesting ones. Answer all or some, at your own will. And have fun, I guess.

1. They get a prank call? How does the conversation go?
  2. Someone walks up to them and starts flirting with them. How do they feel? What do they do?
  3. They unlock the door to their home, step inside and see a dead body on the floor? How do they feel? What do they do?
  4. They are out at night and they hear a scream? What do they do?
  5. They ask their friend who their crush is and their friend say “you.“? How do they respond?
  6. They have to cook dinner for their RO? What do they cook?
  7. They have got a celebrities’ number. How do they introduce themselves via text?
  8. They have been fired. How do they respond?
  9. They get into fight with their RO. To make things worse, they’re in the wrong. How do they fix things?
  10. They realise that they’ve fallen in love with their best friend, how do they handle it?
  11. They find their old notebook from middle/high school. What’s in it? How do they react?
  12. They went through an embarrassing phase years ago and someone recently brought it up. What was the phase? How do they react?
  13. They are about to propose to their significant other. How do they do it?
  14. They are about to leave their crush’s house, but before they’re completely out the door their crush grabs their wrist, saying, “It’s late, why don’t you stay the night?” How does your OC answer? Do they end up staying?
  15. They find a love letter in their mailbox/locker/etc. Do they try to figure out who’s sending them the love letters? What do they do?
  16. They wake up to find that they have switched bodies with another one of your MCs. What’s their reaction?
  17. They are given a gift that they don’t really want. What do they do with the gift?
  18. They impulsively buys a plane ticket. Where do they go?
  19. They are about to order ice cream; what flavour do they choose? If they ran out of the flavour what do their second choice be?
  20. They are at the library looking for their favourite book. What’s the book or what’s the genre of it?
  21. They are invited over someone’s house for a movie marathon. What movie(s) do they bring or what is the genre of it?
  22. They have been invited to a fancy event. Do they attend? If so, what does their outfit look like?
  23. They have just found a bag with a million dollars inside? Do they return it, save it for later, or buy something immediately? If so, what to do they buy? What are they saving it for?
  24. They have a nightmare where they lose everyone they have ever felt close to. How do they react?
  25. They see someone sitting alone during lunch. What do they do? Do they talk to them, ignore them, pick on them, or are they the one alone?
  26. They are locked out of their house, not only that, but the spare key seems to be missing. What do they do?
  27. They are sick and they have no option but to stay home and rest? How do they feel about this? Are they upset or calm?
  28. It’s their birthday but everyone, including close friends and family, seems to have forgotten? What do they do?
  29. They have a secret hobby. What is it?
  30. They find a genie, and are given three wishes! What do they wish for?
5 Likes
Here be my awnsers

1)As soon as he figures out it’s a prank call: “well fuck you too” and hangs up
2)Current him would just brush it off, but if it was few years ago he would indulge
3)First things first: curse, then pull out his pistol, make sure home is clear and not some sort of ambush and give Rebecca a call about situacion
4)Prob go in direction of scream
5)Alex:“What?..Well…I…You are just messing with me, aint ya?”
6)Most likely something light,wouldnt want his dear vampire companion have sencory overload
7)If they didn’t met in person and excange few word he wouldnt bother texting them, If they did something like this:“Hey this is Alex, we met few days ago, In a mood to go out for coffee sometime?”
8)Well fuck you too,ex-boss
9)Apologise,then offer to do their paperwork for a week
10)Prob be wworried if he comes out with his feelings it could damage their friendship…but as they say no risk no reward and confess
11)Alex:“Ahhh…my hadwriting is still just as bad after all these years and I still dooddle same old things”
12)Instant flashback
13)First ask her to go for a walk, find a nice and quiet spot in a park and pretty much blurt it out
14)Smirk, and agrees to stay for the night
15)Start his personal witch hunt to figure out from who letters are comming form
16)Find a way to get back to his own body…no one ruins my body but me
17)Politly thank the person for the gift, then put it on shelf or in storeroom where it would just collect dust
18)I’d say Vienna…why? i dunno prob just felt like it
19)Chocolate if they dont have that then vanilla
20)Doesn’t have a favorite book
21)Comedy like naked gun
22)Never attended to something formal
23)Invest into something…spend a bit on themself
24)Wash his face, and get out to take a bit of fresh air and if it isnt some unholy hour give few of em a friendly call
25)Give them their privacy, they prob have their reason for being there, but if they look disturbed/sad approch them and ask if they are okay
26)Curse his bad luck,look once more thoroughly and if he doesn’t find it then he’ll just pick the lock
27)I might be sick as a dog but at least i got a day off
28)Never celebrates his birthdays so it will be a miracle even if he remebers it
29)No secret hobbies what so ever
30) 1)Make me a powerful mage 2) Make ma a great inventor as for the last… i dunno free genie? or something

1 Like
Ohhh more questions ~ here are my answers

They get a prank call? How does the conversation go?
A: Alex would just hang up. They hate pranks way too much and values their time a lot to even be sarcastic with who called them.

Someone walks up to them and starts flirting with them. How do they feel? What do they do?
A: They’d get pretty confused and would try to remember if that person was some acquaintance. If they couldn’t think of anybody, they’d think it was some prank TV show. But even if they knew that it was not the case, just someone really trying to flirt, they’d try to get away but in a polite way like “uh, yeah, you’re pretty too. I uh, have to work so…” * run to the car pretending to be late while looking at some clock * . Alex would be a bit more calm depending on the situation though. Like being at some party or something, but even so, they don’t really thinks of themself as somebody people would like to flirt so they’d get confused either way.

They unlock the door to their home, step inside and see a dead body on the floor? How do they feel? What do they do?
A: They would get really shocked and unable to move or even breathe for a while. After the shock, they’d make sure the body was really dead and Alex would probably get out the house and call the police. I mean, they’re a detective, their job is to investigate, not confront somebody that could be dangerous right after a murder… If asked to investigate while waiting for the police they would, but if not…

They are out at night and they hear a scream? What do they do?
A: Panic but be really alert, prepare themselves with a gun or something in hands and go after the scream, hoping to be just somebody deadly afraid of cockroaches.

They ask their friend who their crush is and their friend say “you.“? How do they respond?
A: It sort depends of who the friend is. They’d be sceptical if it was Tina but be really confused if it was Verda, because their humor is different from Tina’s.

They have to cook dinner for their RO? What do they cook?
A: Alex’s first thought would be to order something instead of cooking, actually, but thinking Nat would be very happy to see their dedication… Alex would probably do something simple like pasta but try their best with the dessert (brownies or cupcakes).

They have got a celebrities’ number. How do they introduce themselves via text?
A: I don’t think Alex would ever text them. They’d like a lot but would be way to anxious and shy for this.

They have been fired. How do they respond?
A: They’d demand to know why. Alex would be pretty mad about it but probably wouldn’t even be able to answer something mean thinking about bills and stuff.

They get into fight with their RO. To make things worse, they’re in the wrong. How do they fix things?
A: They’d try to avoid the subject for a while, even to not upset Nat even more but eventually they’d admit their error and beg to be forgiven.

They realise that they’ve fallen in love with their best friend, how do they handle it?
A: They’d overthink about it, being deadly scared to lose their friend, but would try to look for signals of reciprocity. If it looked like their friend felt the same thing, they’d confess their love. If not, they’d try their best to erase those feelings.

They find their old notebook from middle/high school. What’s in it? How do they react?
A: They’d get that nostalgic feeling, but regarding themself, not school. They really didn’t like the school (Alex used to call it “is-not-cool”) and the notebook would likely bring them unhappy memories. The notebook would be filled with lessons with lots of A grades and hidden messages that they wrote using a secret code created by themself about things they were feeling or thinking that day, as “someday I’ll be free from them”.

They went through an embarrassing phase years ago and someone recently brought it up. What was the phase? How do they react?
A: Alex gets somewhat uneasy but defends themself. They used to have a phase where they’d forge “crimes” to see how people would react to the situation, and sometimes make a plan to screw something up so the kids would call them to help with the mysteries like “who threw a ball at Mr. Marty’s window?”. However, nobody ever found out it about this phase of Alex and it didn’t last long.

They are about to propose to their significant other. How do they do it?
A: They’d try to know what their partner most likes to do or go when they’re free, then do the classic proposal, kneeing and opening a ring case, when they were at somewhere empty.

They are about to leave their crush’s house, but before they’re completely out the door their crush grabs their wrist, saying, “It’s late, why don’t you stay the night?” How does your OC answer? Do they end up staying?
A: They would want to go home but would be too scared to turn down their crush’s offer. What if they don’t ever get a chance to get closer to them again? So they’d accept the offer trying their best to not sound nervous.

They find a love letter in their mailbox/locker/etc. Do they try to figure out who’s sending them the love letters? What do they do?
A: Of course they do. They’re a detective, after all!

They wake up to find that they have switched bodies with another one of your MCs. What’s their reaction?
A: I don’t have another MC for this game lol

They are given a gift that they don’t really want. What do they do with the gift?
A: It depends who gave them the gift and what it is. But they would probably try to sell it if they didn’t like the person that much.

They impulsively buys a plane ticket. Where do they go?
A: I’m sorry, they’d never do such a thing. They’d never be so impulsive to the point of spending money over nothing.

They are about to order ice cream; what flavour do they choose? If they ran out of the flavour what do their second choice be?
A: Vanilla or chocolate.

They are at the library looking for their favourite book. What’s the book or what’s the genre of it?
A: Nancy Drew and Dan Brown’s books. They also enjoy some fantasy and modern drama.

They are invited over someone’s house for a movie marathon. What movie(s) do they bring or what is the genre of it?
A: Alex likes many movies but would likely bring Casper, a childhood favourite.

They have been invited to a fancy event. Do they attend? If so, what does their outfit look like?
A: Uh, probably not, unless Nat is going as well or something like that.

They have just found a bag with a million dollars inside? Do they return it, save it for later, or buy something immediately? If so, what to do they buy? What are they saving it for?
A: Alex would feel very guilty about it but would at least take some money from the bag and return the rest of it. They’re really ashamed of being a detective, fighting for justice and have this behavior but they have this money issue… For what they’d be using, it would depend on their situation.

They have a nightmare where they lose everyone they have ever felt close to. How do they react?
A: They don’t sleep easily after that, that’s for sure, but doesn’t get up from the bed.

They see someone sitting alone during lunch. What do they do? Do they talk to them, ignore them, pick on them, or are they the one alone?
A: Alex was almost always the one sitting alone. Even when they had a couple of friends, they wouldn’t stay much.

They are locked out of their house, not only that, but the spare key seems to be missing. What do they do?
A: They’d try calling Tina or Verda and ask if they could stay by their house. If they couldn’t, they would drive and look for an hotel for the night.

They are sick and they have no option but to stay home and rest? How do they feel about this? Are they upset or calm?
A: They feel mostly sad for being alone, being sick with no one around to take care of you is terrible. But they’re used to it. Rebecca wasn’t always at home to take care of them even when Alex was a kid so it’s just a sad fact to their life.

It’s their birthday but everyone, including close friends and family, seems to have forgotten? What do they do?
A: They’d feel somewhat angry and sad if people had, in fact, forgotten about it. If they were just taking it as a regular day but knowing it was Alex’s birthday, they wouldn’t mind, as they’re not very fond of celebrating it either way.

They have a secret hobby. What is it?
A: Do they? :eyes:

They find a genie, and are given three wishes! What do they wish for?
A: The classic “I want to have infinite wishes and you have to grant them”.

1 Like

Ditto. Well, Dezh would (in fact, she’d just flat out ask how she becomes one and go about finding someone who’d do it to her). Wolfe would after it was mentioned. Nyx would have to think about it a bit before realizing she wanted it, and Jax would want the odds on it killing her instead of turning her.

Man, that’s just mean!!

I got yelled at the last time I pointed that out and got told to stop being a pessimist or whatever! Hmmph! :stuck_out_tongue:

Answers for @michellexylee’s list of questions. Just Dezh for now, because it took a while!

Dezh's answers

Like @Aleksa100’s Alex, she’d be like, “Yeah, well fuck you, too, asshole.”

Someone walks up to them and starts flirting with them. How do they feel? What do they do?
Unless it’s very obvious (think M’s brand of flirting), she wouldn’t notice. If they flirt like M, and they’re attractive, she’d like it and flirt back.

They unlock the door to their home, step inside and see a dead body on the floor? How do they feel? What do they do?
She’d be calm about it, oddly enough. Her professional side would kick in, so she’d have no problem with it. Despite this, she would do a quick investigation of the scene first, to make damn sure it wasn’t something meant to frame her for a murder, and if there was evidence that did seem meant to pin it on her (other than the dead body being there), she just might destroy it. Otherwise, she’d follow protocols.

Dezh being Dezh would rush toward it without hesitation, ready to fight to defend whoever is in danger. If someone was in danger, she’d protect them. If it was just people screwing around, she’d curse at them, call them asshats, and go about her business.

They ask their friend who their crush is and their friend say “you.“ How do they respond?
She’d snort and say, “yeah, right, who is it you really have a crush on?”

She’d find out her RO’s favorite foods, meal, drinks, setting, etc. And then she’d do just that.

She wouldn’t. She’d figure they wouldn’t want to talk to her, anyway.

Dezh: “Fuck you and the whores you rode in on.” (yes, whores, not horse)

They get into fight with their RO. To make things worse, they’re in the wrong. How do they fix things?
If she was really in the wrong, she’d apologize (albeit in her Dezh way: “Sorry, I was wrong. And I was a fucking bitch. Are we cool now or do you wanna hit me?”)

They realise that they’ve fallen in love with their best friend, how do they handle it?
Dezh would keep it to herself and try her best to pretend it wasn’t there. Every time the feeling would come to the fore, she’d drown it with adrenaline and or physical pain. In a weak moment, when the person was asleep or something, she might whisper it softly, then freak out some more.

They find their old notebook from middle/high school. What’s in it? How do they react?
Stick figures in various violent scenes, blips of lyrics for songs that popped into her head, very poorly drawn maps of some of the wooded areas near or around Wayhaven (she used these when scouting for injured wildlife when she worked for the wild animal sanctuary), and various geometrical shapes in 2d and 3d.

They went through an embarrassing phase years ago and someone recently brought it up. What was the phase? How do they react?
Doesn’t really apply to Dezh, since she really doesn’t care what anyone else thinks (until recently). And the things that would actually embarrass her aren’t “phase” kinda things and are, rather, just inherent to her. She’s always accepted them, until UB came into her life.

She would not do this. Ever. In a million years. Even if someone told her that her SO would say yes, because she’d be afraid something would happen and they’d change their mind.

They are about to leave their crush’s house, but before they’re completely out the door their crush grabs their wrist, saying, “It’s late, why don’t you stay the night?” How does your OC answer? Do they end up staying?
She’d stay in a heartbeat, but she’d make some inappropriate comment in the process, likely screwing it up.

They find a love letter in their mailbox/locker/etc. Do they try to figure out who’s sending them the love letters? What do they do?
Dezh would assume it was put in the wrong box, unless her name was specifically on it. If her name was on it, she’d read it and figure it was a joke, and that someone was just screwing with her.

They wake up to find that they have switched bodies with another one of your MCs. What’s their reaction?
Unless she switches with Wolfe, she’d likely glare in the mirror and say, “Where’d my boobs and muscles go??”

They are given a gift that they don’t really want. What do they do with the gift?
Two possibilities here. If she actually cares about the person who gave it to her, and it’s not some random piece of crap that they picked out (like if they actually put thought into it), she would keep it even if it was something she didn’t want, because it would mean a lot to her. If it was from some random acquaintance or someone she doesn’t like, she’d donate it to Goodwill or something.

They impulsively buy a plane ticket. Where do they go?
Either a very sparsely populated beach or a sparsely populated mountain that has some type of waterfall/stream/river nearby.

They are about to order ice cream; what flavour do they choose? If they ran out of the flavour what do their second choice be?
Coffee chocolate chip. Her second choice would be chocolate chocolate chunk or chocolate peanut butter.

They are at the library looking for their favourite book. What’s the book or what’s the genre of it?
She reads sci-fi/fantasy, some non-fiction, and horror (she will not admit this, but I’m telling it: she has a fairly large collection of BDSM erotica).

They are invited over someone’s house for a movie marathon. What movie(s) do they bring or what is the genre of it?
The original Star Wars trilogy, miscellaneous horror movies, and some action movies.

They have been invited to a fancy event. Do they attend? If so, what does their outfit look like?
Unless someone forces her to go (by guilt or by telling her it’s her job or if it was someone who could actually talk her into it), she wouldn’t go. If she did go, she’d wear something black that she’d pick out at the last minute (unless Tina or someone got a dress for her and shoved it at her).

They have just found a bag with a million dollars inside? Do they return it, save it for later, or buy something immediately? If so, what to do they buy? What are they saving it for?
If she knew who it belonged to, she’d give it back to them. If it was just random money, she’d buy a new car (a fast one), then hang onto the rest of the money for a while, just to make sure it wasn’t drug money or something people will come looking for.

They have a nightmare where they lose everyone they have ever felt close to. How do they react?
She’s not close to many people, but she actually had this nightmare. She woke up crying, which pissed her off, so she went out and drove like a maniac so adrenaline would drown it out and make her forget it. When that didn’t work, she went to the gym (once it opened) and worked out till she was shaking all over and could hardly walk.

They see someone sitting alone during lunch. What do they do? Do they talk to them, ignore them, pick on them, or are they the one alone?
Does she know them and like them? Probably not, considering she doesn’t like many people, in which case, she would only spare the person a passing glance. If it was one of the few people she likes, she’d walk up and be like, “You wanna be alone or can I sit here?”

They are locked out of their house, not only that, but the spare key seems to be missing. What do they do?
Well, if she has her lockpick kit on her, she’d simply pick the lock and get in (the girl has some strange skills). If she doesn’t have it, she’d break a window to get in. Or kick in the door Then curse about the fact she has to fix it.

They are sick and they have no option but to stay home and rest? How do they feel about this? Are they upset or calm?
Very upset. She has too much energy she has to get out. So being stuck there and feeling helpless would make her get more tense than usual, which would bring on a horrendous tension headache.

It’s their birthday but everyone, including close friends and family, seems to have forgotten? What do they do?
This is not a new thing for her, and exactly what she expects. She’d be more surprised anyone remembered.

Singing. And she does it very well. She can also play piano, but not as well as she sings.

1. To have superpowers, specifically: telepathy, telekinesis, and super-strength.
  2. To be able to give her friends, few as they are, whatever it is they desire most.
  3. To have complete control over her emotions, to the point where she could simply decide not to feel something and it’d go away without her having to drown it in pain and adrenaline.
2 Likes
and fun was had

1 They get a prank call? How does the conversation go?
Depends. If he’s on the clock, he’ll shut it down quickly and politely but with the subtlest of jabs. If not… again. Depends. If it’s one of those “classic” kinds of prank calls, something like:

Them: “Do you have Prince Albert in a can?”
Oliver: “Yes, and that’s where he’s going to stay if he knows what’s good for him.”

or

Them: “Is your refrigerator running?”
Oliver: “Not since I kneecapped it, no. And if you don’t want the same to happen to you, you’ll keep your mouth shut about this whole thing.”

If it’s something a bit more freeform, he’ll see where it goes. Practice his improv.

2 Someone walks up to them and starts flirting with them. How do they feel? What do they do?
Oliver: -looks behind as if to see if someone’s there. If there is, turn back to flirter, smile, thumbs up, mouths ‘good luck.’ Walks away. If not, get really confused, shrug it off, and walk away.-

or

Oliver: -nods slowly, thinks for a moment, smiles- I’m digging the energy, but when you actually try this on somebody – and take this with a grain of salt, I’m no expert – you might want to try doing it this way instead. -notes!- And, shit, break a leg. I’m hoping you get some action tonight! -walks away-

3 They unlock the door to their home, step inside and see a dead body on the floor? How do they feel? What do they do?
Swallows down the panic that threatens to bubble up and goes detective mode, carefully moves to make sure the person is actually dead without disturbing the scene too much (but disregard this step if their being dead is super obvious), carefully checks his apartment for anything or anyone else suspicious, calls it in.

4 They are out at night and they hear a scream? What do they do?
Really, he should wait and see if any more information presents itself before he makes any rash decisions – it could be nothing, after all, and wouldn’t that be silly if he showed up all keyed up and someone was just screaming their happiness? So, he should wai–

Ha ha, nah. He was sprinting towards the noise the second he registered it was a scream.

5 They ask their friend who their crush is and their friend say “you.“? How do they respond?
Assuming it came up organically in a conversation, since he’d never ask this sort of thing straight out…

At first, he thinks they’re joking. Or practicing for when they actually tell their real crush the truth. So he wouldn’t completely laugh it off, but he might chuckle a little and say “all right, don’t tell me, I shouldn’t have asked” or something. And if they insist that “no, idiot, I truly have these feeling for you…” He’ll get quiet, smile sadly, say something like:
“Oh… no. You shouldn’t– I’m not– Shit. I mean…” He sighs. “You are an amazing, wonderful, beautiful person. And there’s a whole world out there, filled with people who are worthy of someone of your calibre, and one day you’ll find one of those people, and they’ll be able to return your feelings, and everything will be… perfect. Right? But… I’m not in any way, shape, or form worthy of your friendship, let alone these feelings. And… fuck, I can’t return your feelings, and I’m… deeply sorry about that. I’m sorry about all of this.” He gets up and starts to leave. “But it’s better for you this way. You’d’ve been better off having never gotten to know me…but you know that now.”

BUT!!! IF! The person confessing this crush is the man he has feelings for… he’ll try to lightly laugh it off at first as above, but panic will be bubbling up. And if he insists that he actually has these feels, Oliver will flip, all like “nonononono, you have no idea what you’re saying. You can’t possibly-- I’m not— You deserve so much— fuck. FUCK.” And then he’ll try to escape the situation.

6 They have to cook dinner for their RO? What do they cook?
Well…assuming dinner would even be welcome… he really shouldn’t be allowed in the kitchen. He can just about scramble eggs. But… he’d want to try and make RO’s favorite food, but he’d be too worried about royally fucking it up, so he’d just see if takeout is okay. Which he’d feel like shit about because he should be able to cook for his mans, gdi and he’d resolve to learn how to cook properly. Well. If he can make the time for himself to learn.

7 They have got a celebrities’ number. How do they introduce themselves via text?
“…why would I bother someone I don’t even know like that?”

8 They have been fired. How do they respond?
He’d been waiting for the other shoe to drop ever since being promoted to detective anyway– the job should never have gone to him, he was grossly inexperienced, it should’ve been someone else getting promoted… so, in a way? Some very faint sense of vindication – “I was right. Took them long enough to realize their mistake.” Maybe not really expecting to be fired specifically – maybe just busted back down to beat cop – but. This is… as much as he deserves. Regardless of what he may have done up to this point.

But. Also. God, he’s lost. He’s spent all this time building up an identity based on his job – he was nothing without the badge, anyway, and his work was his life – and now that’s been taken away from him? What do? Not to mention how is he going to afford living… and he still has student loans to pay off…

9 They get into fight with their RO. To make things worse, they’re in the wrong. How do they fix things?
He tries to ignore the voice in his head that whispers “this is it, this is where he realizes, this is where he leaves you, and he’d be right to do so”. Because if he’s in the wrong? He’ll own up to it. He might be a bit hesitant trying to intiate the apology, but he’d get over that quickly because this needs to be rectified, damn the consequences.

10 They realise that they’ve fallen in love with their best friend, how do they handle it?
(tbh, he’d never really consider anyone his best friend. Not to be, like, edgy, or anything, but he’d be too surprised by anyone actually considering him a friend, and calling anyone a best friend would feel too presumptuous and like a massive overstep on his part – he’s hesitant to call people friends if they haven’t called him one first. So. As realizing what his feels are for a friend?)

Oh. So that’s what those feelings were. It doesn’t matter, though, so he’ll keep it to himself.

Because… god. This man? That he cares for? That he loves, apparently? Is amazing. And so good. And… and. There’s no way this man could possibly return these feelings. Because he’s better than that – he wouldn’t possibly feel anything like that for some… some… nothing. He shouldn’t. And so… it’ll hurt. The quieting of a chattering mind in his presence, a thrill of excitement every time he says Oliver’s name, a swelling of the heart and an overwhelming warmth just thinking that this person actually exists. It’ll hurt that he’ll never be able to express his feelings out loud, but this isn’t about him, and he doesn’t deserve to feel this way about anybody – least of all somebody who deserves the world-- but. Just being near this man? Being able to know him, to call him friend? It’s enough.

…it’ll have to be enough.

11 They find their old notebook from middle/high school. What’s in it? How do they react?
Notes from class. Fidget doodles. Maybe notes for any roles taken. His thought would be: “christ, my handwriting’s always been this terrible?”

12 They went through an embarrassing phase years ago and someone recently brought it up. What was the phase? How do they react?
Honestly? He wouldn’t be embarrassed about any phases he might’ve gone through. Granted, he didn’t really… branch out, I guess, enough as a kid to really go through any real phases. If that makes sense.

And if someone tried to bring up some thing from his past and make him feel embarrassed about it, he’d be all “well, I’m an embarrassment in general anyway, so…”

13 They are about to propose to their significant other. How do they do it?
Lol, no he’s not. He wouldn’t realize that marriage was an option for him. And even if he did, he’d not be the one to propose because he’d overthink things and would he even want to marry me anyway? What if this is the thing that gets him to leave? Do I deserve that kind of happiness? How would I even do it? And– so on, so forth. And then he wouldn’t do the thing.

So. He’d have to be proposed to.

14 They are about to leave their crush’s house, but before they’re completely out the door their crush grabs their wrist, saying, “It’s late, why don’t you stay the night?” How does your OC answer? Do they end up staying?
If there’s even an ounce of ~suggestion~ – and if he’s able to process the ~suggestion~ as being directed at him – “NO, I SHOULDN’T, I CAN’T” and then he’ll make to bolt. If there is no apparent suggestion – or he misreads it-- he’ll consider it, but then he’ll shake his head and say “no, thank you, but I wouldn’t want to overstay my welcome…” But if crush presses the issue like “I’d be far too worried about you getting home to be able to sleep properly. Please stay” then… he’d do it.

15 They find a love letter in their mailbox/locker/etc. Do they try to figure out who’s sending them the love letters? What do they do?
“I think I’m being mistaken for someone else. There’s no way these are meant for me.” But they’d also present a puzzle – who sent them??? – and his curiosity would get the better of him and he’d have to solve the mystery.

16 They wake up to find that they have switched bodies with another one of your MCs. What’s their reaction?
n/a

17 They are given a gift that they don’t really want. What do they do with the gift?
“…wait, why are you giving me anything?”

18 They impulsively buys a plane ticket. Where do they go?
“I can be impulsive at times, I’ll admit that much, but I’d never get anything like a plane ticket. And I don’t really have anywhere I wanna go… and it’s not like I can actually afford a trip in any way, anyway.”

19 They are about to order ice cream; what flavour do they choose? If they ran out of the flavour what do their second choice be?
Regular ice cream shops usually don’t carry mochi in any capacity, so that’s not an option. Bummer

Probably an orange dreamsicle or some wondrous combination of orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream. If that’s not an option, then a banana milkshake for him, thanks.

20 They are at the library looking for their favourite book. What’s the book or what’s the genre of it?
He doesn’t have a single favorite book – there are far too many good books in the world for him to definitively claim a favorite. A Series of Unfortunate Events holds a special place in his heart, but he has the whole series in paperback and on his Kindle, so he wouldn’t be looking for any of the books in the library.

As for genre? Anything.

21 They are invited over someone’s house for a movie marathon. What movie(s) do they bring or what is the genre of it?
“You wanna what…? Ooh, movie marathon? Thanks, but. Trust me. You don’t want me there, I’m terrible to watch movies with. But I appreciate the invite!”

22 They have been invited to a fancy event. Do they attend? If so, what does their outfit look like?
Is it a work event, and is he required to attend? If not…

Did the inviter imply – or straight out state-- that his presence would be greatly appreciated and we’d really like you there, please do come? If not…

Then. He ain’t going.

If either is “yes”, then… he’ll go. He won’t like it, but. He’ll go. And he’ll probably rent some ill-fitting tux or blindly grab some suit off the rack. Unless he’s into a dude --whether he’s quite aware he’s into the dude or not – and he knows said dude will be there, then he’ll be a bit more cognizant about what he’s gonna look like. And he’ll freak out a bit because he doesn’t know the first thing about this kind of shit??? But also why am I freaking out, he’s not gonna be looking at me like that anyway???

23 They have just found a bag with a million dollars inside? Do they return it, save it for later, or buy something immediately? If so, what to do they buy? What are they saving it for?
That shit’s going straight back to the person it belongs to.

24 They have a nightmare where they lose everyone they have ever felt close to. How do they react?
Assuming the nightmare doesn’t fade directly after waking…

If it’s a dream that everyone he’s close to decided to drop him like a hot potato, it’d hurt, but that would be right. Wouldn’t it?

If it’s a dream where folks died? “Nonono, it should’ve been me, it should’ve been me, it should’ve–”* And he’d probably end up in tears. And if he was in a relationship and the dream included the death of his partner and it seemed real enough, he’d panic. If his man was still in bed at the time, Oliver would cling to him. If he wasn’t in bed upon Oliver waking, his over-active imagination would kick in “–it happened, hasn’t it, he’s gone,–” and he’d bolt from the bed, calling his mans’s name, and look around and try to confirm or refute the dream. And upon finding his man still alive, still kicking, he’d feel awfully foolish, but he’d still need physical contact to confirm that he’s not just seeing things. He’d be awfully hesitant to ask for or initiate it, but… he’d need it.

25 They see someone sitting alone during lunch. What do they do? Do they talk to them, ignore them, pick on them, or are they the one alone?
Ha ha, he’s the loner. probably by choice.

26 They are locked out of their house, not only that, but the spare key seems to be missing. What do they do?
He knows how to pick a lock, and he’s probably got a lockpick set on him, so… he’s good.

27 They are sick and they have no option but to stay home and rest? How do they feel about this? Are they upset or calm?
He’s probably brought some work home, so he should be okay, but he’d much rather be in the office. And he’s antsy. And “well, it’s not infectious, right? I can go in for an hour? I’m gonna go in for an hour.”

28 It’s their birthday but everyone, including close friends and family, seems to have forgotten? What do they do?
He’d rather nobody celebrate his birthday anyway, so this is probably the best possible outcome in his eyes.

29 They have a secret hobby. What is it?
In a way, all his hobbies are secrets. Not because he’s ashamed or embarrassed or anything, but that whole “nobody should want to know me” thing, so he keeps them to himself. Or. Tries to, anyway.

30 They find a genie, and are given three wishes! What do they wish for?
“…nah, man. Genies are tricksy little bastard, and even if I WANTED anything from one, I don’t want to have to hire a lawyer to go through my wishes and make sure there aren’t any points in them that the genie could interpret weirdly. I’m good, thanks.”

2 Likes

No instrument for A :cry:

Imagine A serenading the MC with Fur Elise on the piano…or better yet up close with a violin.
So elegant adsgdhhsd

Why is Sera so cruel to team A??? :sob:

Oh, but I am just exaggerating my reaction in regards of what we know about the fifth book. It is just me trying to be funny, all stage-whispery and conspiracy-like.
I… I do not mean it… Truly, you have to believe me *starts sweating profusely *

c;

Besides, I may not come over as such, but I adore angst. I crave it. It makes a story all the more worth it, to me anyway.

There, there *pats your head *

tumblr_n6k1stm1Ih1t9sksvo1_250

2 Likes

Henriette’s terrible at dealing with prank calls. She once had a conversation that went:

Prankster: “Hey baby, I love you, I have missed you so much”
Henriette: “Hello, who is this?”
Prankster: “Who is this, what do you mean who is this, how many people call to tell you that they love you?”
Henriette: Excuse me?
Prankster: Oh, come on, it’s me, Brad. From last night!
Henriette: Uh, who? I don’t know any Brad.
Prankster: Oh come on, sweetheart. Don’t do this to me. You know you wanna see me again.
Henriette: I’m going to hang up now.
Prankster: But you haven’t even heard the best part.
Henriette: Oh? And what is that?
Prankster: I’m standing outside your door. Waiting for you.
Henriette: *freaks out*

It depends on whether she’s interested in the guy or not. If she doesn’t like the guy, she’ll feel slightly awkward; if she likes the guy, she’ll be flattered.

To an overly flirtatious guy whom she doesn’t like, she always has a comeback. Usually, guys approach her with one of the lamest and most overused line known to men:

Guy A: Hey gorgeous. You’re alone? Is this seat taken? *proceeds to occupy said seat without waiting for Henriette’s response*
Henriette: Actually no. That seat’s not taken. But this one *gestures to her own seat* will be empty if you decide to sit there.

If the guy is attractive and civil enough though, she’ll likely just flirt back.

Guy B: Hey gorgeous. You’re alone? Is this seat taken?
Henriette: No, it’s not, go ahead. *waits for Guy B to occupy said seat* Nice shirt. It fits you well. *smirks* But you probably look better without it.

Scream and stumble a few steps back. (Henriette was scared and uncomfortable when she saw Janet Greenland’s and Garret Haye’s dead bodies.) When she finally gets over the shock, she will call the police. She’ll not touch a single thing so as not to destroy the evidence. She won’t examine the body either as she is not a pathologist.

Pause, curse her luck, and carefully - very, very carefully - approach the sound with her gun raised.

They ask their friend who their crush is and their friend say “you.“? How do they respond?

Henriette: *jaw drops open* Wow. I… I… *fumbles for words* I just need a minute, okay? *runs to the ladies, splashes water onto her face, and stares into the mirror*

(After 10 mins, Henriette comes out of the ladies and returns to her table)
Henriette: I’m… I’m totally flattered! And I really do love you as a friend, but… Aaah, I can’t do this. I just… can’t. Can we please forget that this ever happened and keep our friendship how it is? Please.

Nothing, she’s screwed!

“Hey Enrique, this is Henriette. I got you number from your friend Cecilia. I just wanted to let you know that if you’re ever down in Wayhaven, let me know. I would love to hang out and spend some time with you. Henriette Breaux”

Henriette: *politely* Would you be able to explain why I am being let go?
Police captain: *gives some reason*
Henriette: I can change. Give me 90 days and if I haven’t, I’ll fire myself.

Apologise sincerely, and give him a kiss and a hug and… have make-up sex?

Admit her crush. If her best friend reciprocates, great; if they don’t, she’ll get over it somehow (to her, it’s just a silly little crush, not some full-blown love affair).

Class notes and to-do lists. And lots of sticky notes containing declarations of love, which her high school boyfriend had passed to her during classes.

She’ll reminisce about her high school days and cry upon seeing the sticky notes.

During her freshman year of high school, she went through a phase where she would wear short frilly skirts to school every single day. A senior guy whom she had a crush on had told her, “You look really cute in that skirt.” And so, for the rest of the year, she wore nothing but short, frilly skirts.

Short frilly skirts:

If someone brought it up, she’ll cringe, shake her head and admit, “Yeah, that was stupid thing to do.”

No. That will never happen. Henriette will never, ever, propose to her partner. If they like her enough, they will propose (doesn’t mean she’ll say yes); if they don’t, no great loss.

Henriette: *smirks* And where would I end up sleeping? On the couch? Or do you intend to give up your room for me?
Guy: *makes some inappropriate comment like sharing the bed*
Henriette: *smirks wider* Yeah, no. You might wanna try harder next time if you’re trying to get me into bed. *gives the guy a kiss that’ll leave him begging for more, pulls back from the kiss, smiles coyly, turns and slowly walks away*

Yeah, it’s called playing hard to get.

She will be mildly curious and interested about the love letters. She’ll read through them a few times to see if it gives any clues. Otherwise, she’ll not go out of her way to find out who’s sending the love letters.

N/A

Wrap it back up in a new piece of wrapping paper, and gift it to someone else.

They impulsively buys a plane ticket. Where do they go?

The Bahamas. She’ll then fly to a private island, like Kamalame Cay.

Irish cream and coffee; if not, rum and raisin (or anything that contains liquor)

Meg Cabot’s “The Mediator” series, or any books by Sophie Kinsella.

“The Wedding Date”

Henriette lives for such events. She’ll ransack her entire closet, trying out clothes the entire day, and (depending on how formal the events is) come out with something either:

A cocktail dress

fpx

or

A ballroom gown

I really wanna say she’ll return the money… but truth is, she’ll probably keep the money, and go on a shopping spree. I’m not sure by the end of the day that there’ll be any money left.

Cry… then call up all the people she dreamt she had lost in the nightmare (starting with Rebecca), even if it’s at the most ungodly hours

She’ll go to sit with the person and talk to them

If it’s in the day, she’ll just call a locksmith. If it’s at night, she’ll knock on her neighbour’s door, ask if she could stay the night until the locksmith comes.

If she’s sick, she’s sick. She’ll rest for the day in order to get well sooner. And maybe eat some cake to make her feel better.

She’s never spent a birthday where it isn’t a grand event, and people rarely forget her birthday (and Rebecca never forgets it). If everyone forgets her birthday, she will be sulking the whole day, and cry in disappointment when she gets home.

Ballet. She can dance ballet better than she can shoot a gun, and she keeps that a secret. Because she thinks it make her look soft; also, because who wants a freakin’ detective who can dance ballet?

• Immortality
  • Infinite knowledge
  • Superpowers: telepathy, telekinesis, and teleportation powers.
1 Like

Don’t blame me! I actually fell in love with her and when that time in camp came, of course I took it to prove my love to her, dammit! And I couldn’t take part of the ritual before the final battle because it just didn’t feel so right so I went ahead and sacrificed myself. And the epilogue said that Morrigan was pregnant so that meant I knocked her up back at the camp.

1 Like

poor F lmao

8 Likes

F: [eats MC’s spicy food]
F: [flops on floor squirming] gasp I’m dying…
N: [leaves to go get milk like a responsible friend]
A: [frowns at F] Pain builds character.
M: Drink your water.
F: [drinks so fast they spill most of it on themselves] That didn’t help!
M: [laughing] But you look so hot when you’re wet.
MC: [if F is LI] [thinks to self] maybe I should get this more often.
MC: [else] [thinks to self] maybe I should get this less often.

7 Likes

Now imagining A and M in a 1v1 match on CS:GO trying to no-scope each other. :thinking:

3 Likes

I go away for a couple of days and come back to find the board’s too damned slow. I need distractions due to… bad things happening in real life. So… based on these two answers from Sera:

I’ll add mine later. I wasn’t surprised by most of these, but there were a couple that kinda shocked me (M is more heart than mind?? edit: okay, so I can see that he’s easygoing, now that I think about it, but heart? instinct, sure… though I guess his instincts are based on feelings he doesn’t know he has, so…). Anyway, I’d like to see how all of your characters measure up.