The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

Heaven knows how much I like to answer these questions

1. What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any.
Pretty hidden. I guess they own a Twitter and Youtube account (maybe a Facebook as well) but they have really few followers and stuff, they’re there more to enjoy other people’s content than posting something theirs and they don’t even check those daily.

2. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?
They would have liked to see The Beatles. As for the living, they’d have a hard time choosing one… Maybe Radiohead, Garbage or Lorde.

3. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?
Alex would be pretty torn between their adult instinct of helping the child and the fear of having to deal with a child… I mean, if there is something more unpredictable than kids, they don’t know any. But I guess they’d try to help.

4. Describe their body type.
They’re pretty much like this, but a bit fatter. Around 160 cm. (this is Naoto Shirogane’s, from Persona 4 early concept, if anybody is wondering).

5. Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?
Yeah, I guess we could say that but only abou people’s native languages.

6. What would they name their child?
Alex doesn’t really think about it, as they don’t plan to have children, but they’d probably like to give them gender-neutral names, like Jordan or Taylor. Maybe even gender-neutral names related to their job, like Justice or Clue.

7. What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?
That scene where our RO comes together but loses us, right? Hmmm, let me remember… They were at home so I suppose it was a simple red t-shirt and blue pants.

8. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?
I guess they’d be somewhat skeptic at first. They did got interested in Nat at first sight but they’d think Nat was too much for them. They’d be really happy but worried at the same time if I told them that after the ending of book 1.

9. What are they like to shop with?
Alex enjoys some casual shopping and would likely have fun in almost every store, so I’d say they’re an easy person to go shopping with. They’re the type of person that can spend a whole afternoon in a mall but leave there with just a bag and a Big Mac. The outing counts more to them than spending money.

10. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?
Uhh, well, they use Android. Their lockscreen would be something simple like a night sky, while their homescreen would probably be this one (image bellow). Their ringtone would be the same as Phoenix Wright’s, text tone is just the vibration function. Their ringtone is The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries opening song. No special tones and their favorite apps are probably Shazam and visual novel games, like Lovestruck.

11. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?
Uh, like a zombie apocalypse? Stocking food and water is their first action. Then they’d worry about their protection by taking care of the windows and door, making traps and making sure their gun have ammo.

12. Is your MC superstitious in any way?
Not that much, but yeah, they do believd in some signs
13. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)
Natalex I guess lol

14. How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?
They’d freak out and run if it was a cockaroach but they’d freeze if it was a spider. Eventually they’d find someway to kill it but they’re deadly scared of spiders (they’d probably scream for Nat lol).

15. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?
Mimicry, mostly. If that didn’t work, they’d write.

16. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?
Alex really doesn’t like this stuff. They’d get pretty mad to being pranked and if they get the chance to tell somebody they gonna be pranked, they will.

17. Do they prefer the heat or the cold? Any particular reason why?
The cold, for particular reasons.

18. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?
They’d get confused and then think it’s a dream… Or that everything that happened before was a dream.

19. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”
“…Tootsie what?”

20. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?
Who the hell is John McClane?

21. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?
“Oh well, I never liked going outside anyway” * paints the windows black *

22. If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?
The spy cop that would end the bad guy’s life of crimes, of course.

23. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?
No, they wish they had though. But definitly they’d get more cautions if they had a dream where Nat or Felix were in danger.

24. Your MC is approached with the following offer:

pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice.
Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails?
[For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]
I don’t think they would take the offer, the risk is too big.

25. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?
Simple and objective, with no emojis at all. It depends of who sent the texts.

26. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?
Declare a democracy lol

27. Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?
Yeah, lots of them. To say one, they hate “everything is going to be fine”.

28. Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?
To play their age on book 1, maybe Miles Heizer, Elle Fanning or Thomas Horn VI.

29. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?
“Well, it kinda sucks to be 80-85% you, but I’m glad I’m living your childhood dream. And going for a hot tall vampire”.

30. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?
“I know I’m being selfish but please, try to end what I started”

2 Likes

You have been a fountain of OC questions and it’s great, bless (and also the more I read about your Oliver the more I ship him with Jay, whoops~)

Val
1-15

Quite bare. They have an instagram though, where they mostly post pictures of their dog, Kaylie (a great pyrenees), and flowers they see while out jogging

2. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?
Within Temptation

3. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?
Approach the child, crouch down to talk to them, ask their name and do everything they can to help them find their guardian/parent

Average height, average build, unremarkable facial features. The kind of face you could see in a crowd and then immediately forget.

For something more factual and less poetic, they’re about 170cm (or 5’7 cause i just remembered americans exist), with long red hair they tend to wear in an artfully messy ponytail and green eyes. Fairly pale skin, no notable scars.

Their texting tends to be pretty formal but they won’t correct others

Names… hold a particular importance to them. Names of choice, the identities we craft for ourselves, it’s a whole thing. What I’m trying to say is that this is a matter they would give a great deal of thought, and it would also depend on who their partner is. There is also a significant chance that, if they get children, they will adopt so there’s that as well

(is this all just a rambling justification so i don’t have to pick a name? …maybe)

Dark blue skinny jeans, a dark red tanktop and heavy boots

8. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?
Shortly after meeting UB they’d be surprised but not all that skeptical (they have a type and they know it, and Felix fits their type well). After the end of book 1 they’d just be pleased

…practical? Though they are good company they’re not like to joke around much of their own accord, though they can be coaxed into it by whoever they’re with. If they have specific things they need to get they’re almost always going to try and get those first, though, so there’s time to just hang out and look around later.

10. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?
Some mid-range phone, nothing too modern or next-gen but also not particularly old because they do like their tech. Wallpapers are some abstract art with vibrant colours they chose when they got their phone and which they’ve stuck with since because they don’t like change. Ringtone and text tone are both factory default, so no special ringtones either. Favourite app would be the camera

11. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?
Meet up with the people they care about and make sure they are safe, then see what they can do to keep others from getting injured (giving large priority to children)

No

Spiders they’ll generally leave be, cockroaches they’d kill with 0 hesitation

15. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?
ASL if anyone around them speaks it, otherwise a notepad

16-30

16. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?
They wouldn’t start anything, and it’d depend on the tone/intent of the prank whether they’re amused or genuinely annoyed by being on the receiving end, but if it’s all in good fun they would return the favour. Their pranks would be subtle and strategised and that’s all i’m gonna say about it because i am Bad™ at coming up w pranks

Cold. They like being able to layer up and wear their favourite biker jacket as well as scarves

18. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?
Write down everything they remember in sequence, all the details that may be relevant. Then do what they can to make sure Garrett survives and Murphy is captured

19. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”
“…I suppose I’ve never considered that question.”

20. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?
I gotta admit I’ve never seen Die Hard, but generally speaking Val wouldn’t do great as an action hero. They’d be capable, but straight action isn’t their strong suit. They’d be far better suited to spy work

21. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?
It’d take Tina showing them the meme for them to even find out about it, and after that their reaction would depend on the kind of meme it is

okay i looked up a tv tropes page for heist crews for this, which i’m also gonna use for my other chars but i’m just gonna put the link here once cause i’m lazy.

Val would be The Conman, and possibly also The Distraction. Basically any role that’d involve social stealth and conning people would suit them well

23. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?
No

24. Your MC is approached with the following offer:

pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice.

Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails?
They would not. They have their flaws but they are happy with who they are overall, and they wouldn’t want to leave such an important matter to chance

25. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?
Formal, with very few emojis if any (heart emojis maybe? but that’s really it). Not very, they tend to be pretty focused when doing something so they don’t check their phone all that often and it’s often on silent (except for phonecalls, in case someone important calls)

26. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?
Find better ways of spotting and dealing with abuse, revamp foster care systems, basic welfare

Well, their faceclaim is Luanna Perez, so maybe her?

29. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?
oh they would not be pleased with me, considering all the shit i’ve put them through. I can’t think of anything specific but yeah. Displeased.

30. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?
It would highly depend on the situation, but they wouldn’t have a quip or a one-liner. It would be something heartfelt or silence

Tanwen
1-15

In college she had a tumblr with studytips and self-care tips and also many pictures of dogs, and also a more fandom-oriented tumblr. Now she’s mainly on facebook, at least under her own name. AO3 isn’t social media but she’s an avid reader of fanfic so i’m mentioning it

Hayley Kiyoko

Very sympathetic, do her absolute best to held the child find their parents

Willowy is one word for it, though she’s surprisingly strong despite her build. At 180cm (or 5’11) she’s all gangly limbs with a sort of puppy-ish… grace? Not terribly clumsy but definitely not graceful either, she moves like she’s not always sure where her limbs are at. As for other looks, she has shoulder-length straight light brown hair and brown eyes, fair skin though in the summer she’s usually quite tan from spending a lot of time outside

She doesn’t tend to make a lot of mistakes but she’s not particularly careful about it

She’d like a flower-related name, or one related to nature in general. Willow, Rose, Daisy, Basil, Violet, those kinds of names

A simple dress she likes to wear around the house, with no shoes because she was at home! relaxing! having a good time! fuck you murphy

Very red, very flustered, because she gets crushes on pretty girls within like 0.2 seconds of meeting them and Nat is, well… quite her type. That response would not change in the slightest

…easily distracted. Though she doesn’t tend to shop much? Not of her own accord anyway, but she always likes it when she does go out

An older phone she’s had for like… four years at this point. It works. Sort of. Wallpapers are flowers, though after she’s in a relationship it’s a picture of her girlfriend or the two of them together. No special ringtones

Try to keep the peace and try to help as many people who might’ve gotten hurt as she can!

She likes to believe in things! Horoscopes, tarot, that “they love me, they love me not” thing you do with flowers, all kinds of things

Put them outside! Ideally put them somewhere safe like a bush or another patch of greenery but either way she’ll capture them in a glass and walk them to the ground floor to let them go

Much gesturing, keep forgetting she can’t speak and trying to do so anyway, and notepads

16-30

She’d be so bad at pranking anyone. just. awful. it’d be kinda cute to watch her earnestly try, though

Is neither an option? She’s used to pretty temperate weather, so any large shift in temperature throws her off

She’d honestly be convinced it’s a dream

…very badly. She’s not good at violence, and she’d try as much as she could to talk things out and solve it peacefully

Much embarrassment

One of the innocent civilians being held hostage? Seriously, you do not want this girl on your heist crew, it’d be a disaster

She does! In the lead-up to her sister’s death she kept dreaming about that same spot in the forest over and over and over again, but she wasn’t sure what it meant until it happened. If she dreamed about Nat before meeting her, well, she’d see it as a sign that they are soulmates and built up an entire romantic narrative in her head

cute! she does capitalise but spelling grammar and punctuation aren’t perfect, and she conveys excitement with exclamation marks and so many emojis, both text-only emojis and like actual image ones

Universal healthcare!

Oh jeez that’s a very good question. She’d think she’s far too average for any famous actresses to play as her (and i don’t know enough people to give an answer for her either)

I could put this into words but this comic already captured the exchange better than i could

Making sure her friends and loved ones are okay, or trying to talk the villain down one last time

Keiji
1-15

Memes

…huh, i don’t think I’ve ever established what kinda music he listens to. hmmmmm Matt Fishel

Ignore it and move on. He’s not getting himself in something this troublesome, thank you very much

A Twink™. Short (160 cm, or 5’3), slender, can’t lift for the life of him. He’s pretty though, and he knows it. He doesn’t look like much in the way being imposing but he moves with a predatory sort of grace. Short black hair, dark brown eyes, a mole just below the left corner of his mouth. Has a pretty visible scar on the palm of his hand where he got a bit too intimately acquainted with some barbed wire while breaking into a place.

HAHAHA no

He wouldn’t want children, not unless his partner really wanted to and with the people he usually ends up with that’s not really a question, so it’s not something he’s ever thought about

Skinny jeans, a meme shirt, and converse. He’s kinda sad the shirt got ruined, he liked that one

I just realised something and had to take a break to laugh and yell at @SomethingSome about this realisation so for your own sake. Please picture Keiji wearing this shirt during the warehouse scene with murphy. i’ll never be able to take it seriously ever again

Uproarious laughter in both cases. “Really? He’s hot and there’s no question that I’m gonna get him into a bed, or on the couch, or up against a wall, or really anywhere I’m not picky, but neither of us are the relationship type.”

Nothing will get done, but you will have a good time making fun of ridiculous items together so… net positive?

Android, and a pretty new phone. Something memey as his wallpaper initially, but after he gets closer w Mason (and Tahir), it’d be an embarrassing picture of him/them “as a joke”. Yes on personalised ringtones, and they’d all be injokes

Petty crime and getting into fights just for the thrill of it. So,,, basically just his teenage shenanigans but now he’s not gonna get in trouble for it

Not really

Death™

…for said creature, i mean

Texting, mainly, but also gestures and expressions

16-30

Prank Keiji and it will escalate into a prankwar and It Will Escalate

He’s good with both! He’s weirdly impervious to temperatures, functions fine in most temperature ranges as long as it’s not incredibly extreme. Will use this to tease people who are sensitive to temperature (which, fortunately for him, are both Mason and Tahir!)

Curse, fall back into bed, pretend to fall back asleep and hope it’s a dream

:smirk:

Gleefully, though likely with a bit more stealth than the actual John McClane. Keiji’s a good brawler but he’s even better when he can ambush folks and take them by surprise. So many oneliners

Gleefully. Will get a shirt with the meme on it and wear it proudly

The Burglar and/or The Pickpocket. Stealth, sleight of hand, infiltration, lockpicking, all things he’s good at

Nope

no capitalisation, little regard for spelling and grammar, talks like a tumblr shitpost. will use emojis to Meme™ but not really other than that. pretty quick to respond to texts

Get himself a drink cause oh boy, he’s gonna need it. (or: set himself up for life then put someone else in charge)

I’m gonna get my nose broken and my response would be “That’s fair” cause tbh yeah, i’d deserve that

Some quippy oneliner

Jay
1-15

Non-existent

He’s not too big a fan of music in general, but I think he’d like Sabaton.

Consider just moving on and pretending he didn’t see anything so he doesn’t have to deal with the hassle, but then his sense of duty would kick in and he’d go over to help the kid find their parents (offering that they can sit on his shoulders cause maybe it’ll cheer them up and it’ll make it easier for them to look around too)

Tall™ (198cm or 6’6). Not super defined in terms of muscle but he’s broad and he’s pretty damn strong. …Reddish-brown hair? Trying to google it is giving me auburn as a colour, but he’s more on the brown end of that spectrum than red. Anyway, short auburn hair, light blue eyes, and a scar under his left eye. Generally rocking some stubble cause he just can’t always be bothered to shave

Not really, as long as people are understandable

It’s not something he’s ever thought about before, as when he’s in a longterm committed relationship he would want children but he hasn’t ever really even considered the prospect of a relationship before so… there’s a couple steps he’s gotta take before he’s at the point of thinking about children

Sweatpants and an old tanktop

A blank stare. He’d think you were fucking with him tbh. That would have changed by the end of book one to still some disbelief but also resignation and some relief? cause he’s starting to realise his own growing feelings for Ava at that point but he was pretty sure it was going to be one-sided pining only forever, so hearing there’s an end in sight would be a relief

what is shopping

Functional mid-range phone, does what he needs it to and not much more. Default wallpapers and ringtone.

Make sure the people he cares about are safe, then hole up and stay the fuck out of everyone’s way until it’s over. Will defend himself if necessary though

He has a small cog that he took off his old bike when he took it apart as a kid. He only realised he forgot it after he put it back together but somehow the bike still worked so he never questioned it, and kept the cog as a lucky charm of sorts

big ol’ shrug at a spider, dump the cockroach out the window

He’s not particularly talkative in general and he’d be able to communicate much with some well-placed facial expressions, but mostly he’d carry around a notepad

16-30

Not much of a prankster himself, how okay he’d be with being on the receiving end would depend very much on who it is and the intent behind it, but safe answer is ‘probably not’

Cold! He grew up in a pretty cold region and it’s still what he’s used to. If temperatures get too hot he Suffers™, and he will go shirtless whenever he can reasonably get away with it

Surprisingly well, and he’d enjoy it more than he’d perhaps like himself too. He’s kind of a juggernaut in a fight

*deep sigh*

The Muscle or The Gadget Guy, the former for obvious reasons and the latter cause he likes to tinker with things

He does, but despite having them he still thinks those dreams are bullshit. Having a dream about Ava before meeting her would just make him more wary of UB initially

no capitalisation, autocorrect saves his ass on spelling as often as it lets him down. no emojis. Not terribly quick about responding to texts

“Oh for fuck’s sake.”

He,, would not be pleased with me. But! in my defense! i treat him much better than i do some of my other ocs so really he has nothing to complain about other than the sadism thing and the occasional nightmare!

Either some really dry wit, or a stoic silence depending on the situation

This took… way too much time of my life, this must’ve taken me like four hours, good fucking lord

3 Likes

Probably has something to do with them missing humanity I imagine? What if N was a widower in the past before becoming a vampire O:

2 Likes

Oh look! Is Farah getting ready for carnival with her “custome” of fashion vampire!

Summary

Her twitter: krissykakess

12 Likes

N had a baby and lost it. There was another ask where somebody wanted to know if any of UB had kids and Sera wouldn’t answer it. N had a baby, and you can’t pry that headcanon from me.

14 Likes

That lady is super freaking pretty, holy-

2 Likes

I fear it is absolutely magical and not even he knows how he manages it! But does Dezh like hot chocolate? He can try making that for her if she ever has trouble falling asleep D:
Or at least keep her company through the phone of something!

Wow. I need to pay more attention to this thread @@ I only missed a few days and there’s so much to read!

(Don’t think anyone’s complaining~) Except @OScott’s Oliver apparently, how rude of him! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Answers to your questions underneath the cut because.. there's a lot to catch up on ':D

Tahir doesn’t really have a set position. Unless he’s sleeping with someone because he. is. a cuddler. And if with someone who doesn’t mind it he will absolutely sleep with either an arm around them or as a pillow for them. And considering his tendency for closeness (and being slightly touch starved) ye, fits his personality, I’d think!

• What is one thing nobody should ever say to your MC? (I’m expecting some interesting responses to this. Hehe)

Someone’s a bit of a sadist, huh~?
For Tahir it’d be something of the sort of “you really are a danger,” “You have no self control/are out of control”. Because Tahir is always very afraid of hurting others due to his temperament issues.

• Does your MC like themselves?

… There’s. Improvements that could be made. But at the same time, yes he does, so it’s a constant struggle of trying to change but at the same time be himself.

And yup! Eveybody’s answers to " What is one thing nobody should ever say to your MC?" were as heart-breaking as I expected, the poor babies QAQ
(@Celtic_Rune istf i will punch keiji’s whole freakin family…)

Oh, that’s interesting! (and I know it’s been a good few days but,) do you happen to know what sleeping on their side but not in fetal position would mean? Because I think that’d be Tahir’d most usual sleeping position but I have no idea what it’d mean :thinking:

That’s not much of a contradiction to be fair! Just because she doesn’t believe in it it doesn’t mean that she wouldn’t marry in specific circumstances?
People can be contradictory at times, there’s no reason for characters to not be~
I don’t keep any document with Tahir’s answers myself, but the old boy’s old, he doesn’t really surprise me any more. (and I just… have a very good memory for silly things like these… ':D)

@OScott those answers were amazing and I wasn’t crying at nº29, not at all, oh gosh! (Be nice to your boy please, I care too!!)

These are... so many questions, but they're so good and I'm so weak to blabbering about my OC...... So here, have a Tahir and thank you for the questions <3
1-15

Not much at all. He does tend to some times chat in social media (Facebook, normally) with old school/university classmates but not much past that. He’s very tempted to get a twitter account to salt about the UB in random obscure twits though!
“got icequeen a stress ball. did you guys know there’s liquid inside it? i do now lasted all of 1 sentence by littlecute”
“im gonna arrest 2Edgy5Me for smoking in a governmental office istg i don’t care if he does break my arm!”
“tinyjerk and 2Edgy5me are going to be the death of me and i cant even complain fuck them both and not in the way they like it assholes”

1. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?

Tahir hasn’t listened to a single band in his entire life, he knows the name of none of them, pls don’t ask him this, he’s too much of a nerd!

1. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?

Immediately go into Help mode and try to soothe the child and find a police officer on duty or someone with authority in the close by area, then stay with the child until their parent/s is/are found.

1. Describe their body type.

Tahir is 1.75m, (5’8’'? I think?), buff but not too muscular and with some definition, triangular torso. (Kinda like Chris Evans in the first Captain America after the treatment?) He exercises quite a bit to keep his physique and is trained in martial combat.

... ya know I have a drawing or two of the guy I can just re-post..

Tahir is the guy with the watergun~ (Mason is the one smoking and about to get an very fun surprise~!!)

And a WIP that will likely never be finished with Tahir and Ava having a friendly flexing competition!

1. Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?

Not really, but if you use too much internet slag you’ll likely end up confusing him. He can only handle one weird combination of letters that means an entire sentence at a time!

1. What would they name their child?

He’d only think about it when he knows he really and absolutely is going to have a child but, Zahia if a girl. It was the name his mother would have given him if he had been a girl and his grandmother’s name from his father’s side.For a boy he doesn’t have any name he’s attached to but he’d suggest the name of his maternal grandfather. (whose name I still have to decide on, whoops!)

1. What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?

It was in a weekend, right? So probably just some random boring single colour t-shirt (that would have gotten very wet, very quickly) and some sweatpants. Probably no shoes, which he regretted very quickly! (thanks for reminding me footwear was a thing, Celtic)

1. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

“Of. Fucking. Course. Out of fucking everyone…- Wait, shit! Together-together? As in, dating?? Mason dates?!”
(I tell him he ends up in a triad with both Mason and Keiji and his only response would be a very confused “what the shit” how did he manage to get through to two assholes who don’t do commitment???)

1. What are they like to shop with?

His own shopping is done really quickly and easily. After that he’s a good bag carrier and surprisingly capable opinion giver for a guy that only wears work clothes or workout clothes. (just keep him away from stores that have space merchandise)

1. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?

He’d actually splurge a bit on that if only so he gets a phone that can handle hits and water damage, so no Apple, probably Samsung or one of those that can be trampled by a car and be perfectly fine if he can find one. As for everything else, put it on silence and ignore literally every customization option~!

1. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?

Try to help, keep people from harming others or other people’s property. Try to do as much damage control as he can. Be really freaking pissed at those who’d use the time to hurt others

1. Is your MC superstitious in any way?

Nah, not really. He’ll joke about bad luck but even that’s rare, he just doesn’t really believe in things like that.

1. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)

(D: But number 13 is my favourite number!!)
Tason? Mahir? (Kehison? Taijson? Mahiji?)
Okay, ye, this is pretty cursed…

1. How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?

Spider, leave it. Cockroach? Death.
Look, those bugs are fuckin’ creepy!

1. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?

He’d just try to avoid complex instructions and trust people to just do whatever is needed. If he’s really needed then he’d use phone messages to text what he means to say to people. Might as well take advantage of that new technology! (and get real freakin’ annoyed when some people purposefully ignore/misinterpret his messages to mess with him)

16-30
  1. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?

If it’s all good naturally absolutely~! It’s just folk having fun after all and he has no issues with being a target and pretend he’s annoyed at them for fun afterwards! Water wars are fun, which is a bad idea because he’d suffer the most in something like that because of the chill but heck, #WorthIt

1. Do they prefer the heat or the cold? Any particular reason why?

Heat. Tahir runs hot and suffers horribly from the cold! He will complain about it as soon as the temperatures start getting lower. But heat he handles amazingly well! He can wear work shirts and suit jacket in the middle of summer and be perfectly fine~
(He may have a slight envy over people who can handle cold properly. fuck u keiji)

1. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?

Ohhh~! This is an interesting one!
Tahir would be very tempted to just contact Rebecca. If it was real then there would be little doubt in his mind that she would come clean (whether she really would or not I’m not too sure).
But his main priority would be making sure neither Garrett nor anyone else in that town died by Murphy’s hand. (He would be a bit uncertain if stopping Murphy before he managed to induce the blood mutation is a good idea or not, which isn’t too smart! But considering how big a deal it seemed he can’t help but wonder over what change that might bring. Much to Rebecca’s horror, he likely wouldn’t disagree with letting it happen due to how important it seemed)

1. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”

Okay, listen, Tahir’s a nerd. He’d probably say it depends on the person and enumerate all the other factors that might change the number of licks. He’d get that it’s a joke but be too busy actually answering the question.

1. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?

… what?
That’s the protagonist, right? Well. Tahir actually is combat capable enough that he might just be perfectly fine in that role. Can you tell I’ve never seen a single Die Hard movie?

1. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?

It depends on the meme. If it were one mocking him he would… not find it all that funny. But in either case he would just go about his life normally, not like you can really fight memes! You just gotta let them lose their power with time.

1. If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?

He’s that quirky Muscle that actually has a lot of hidden talents and is very smart but you weren’t expecting it~

1. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?

Nah, Tahir barely even dreams normally. His sleep is too light for that most often.

1. Your MC is approached with the following offer:
    [For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]

No. He worked for his strengths, studied and trained, he wouldn’t bet them away like that no matter what kind of gift he might gain. The possibility of the bet ending up giving him a weakness would only make his no more certain.

1. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?

He wouldn’t really use emojis, a couple of acronyms depending on how friendly he is with the person he’s talking to and probably random capitalization due to his phone’s autocorrect.

1. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?

Form a large group of advisers and scientist to help him make decisions. He’d like very much to just vanish tbqh! But now that he has Responsibilities he can’t simply ignore them!

1. Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?

¯_(ツ)_/¯

1. Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?

Tahir: ‘???’ *shrugs* ‘???’
He doesn’t really know actors. (also, I… just don’t know all that many actors and much less any that might fit him…)

1. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

This would actually be… Far more sentimental than is at all permitted by me, right now. And I likely wouldn’t really be able to respond to him at all. (Because despite everything I’ve done to him in all the different stories Tahir is still very kind)

1. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?

“I love you.”/“Fuck you.” Depending on who he’s talking to of course. He’s a simple guy!

Edited to add:

RIP Murphy.
(Tahir’ll get him- wait, that doesn’t happen in the AU with Tahir… Tahir would get him a bunch of different ones if he existed in the universe where the shirt is destroyed. Even if it’d mean he’d have to live with Keiji having 1 ahegao shirt for each day of the week)

4 Likes

Tahir is the best boyfriend and an enabler and i love him

1 Like

Well, thank all y’all for the answers! It’s super neat knowing that other peeps are digging the questions! (N I have more bubbling up already, but I’ll wait to share with the class because I like to overload folks.)

…this is giving me feels that I can’t quite describe. Good feels. And I wholeheartedly support and approve this ship.

He is a whiny baby sometimes.

Oliver: “Pfft, how would you like to get mentally and emotionally vivisected in a public forum, paraded around with your guts and trauma and all that shit just hanging out for all to see? It’s inhumane.”

See?

Oliver: “I… But you don’t–” -glares at me- “They only think they do because you’re grossly misrepresenting me to the public.”

6 Likes

I gave it a go as well. Answers under the cut.

Aryan-still no original name-Greene

What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any.

He’s not very active in social media. Has a Facebook account that he hasn’t used in years (mostly used to be reminded of his friends’ birthdays). He has two instagram profiles (one his own and a fake one) and a twitter account, but that’s it.

If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?

Too many to count. He’s very knowledgeable when it comes to music and has a long list of concerts he’d love to go to.

How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?

Well, he is a cop so he’d take care of it and find the child’s parents.

Describe their body type.

Average height and weight, nothing special really.

Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?

As longbas he can understand it, he doesn’t mind, put prefers normal words instead of “Y r u like dis”

What would they name their child?

He doesn’t want to have a child. Aryan will never have one so he never thought about a name.

What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?

Changes every playthrough

If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

Aryan openly flirts with every UB member his RO, but he was told UB was going to leave after the case was solved so he wouldn’t really believe that.

At the end of Book 1 when Aryan knows UB would stick around he’d consider it, but not really believe you because who can really trust total strangers that come and tell you that?

What are they like to shop with?

Annoying. He’ll loose his patience 10 minutes in and will complain the whole time. But, on the other hand, he buys his own stuff pretty quickly.

Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?

Apple. Lockscreen and homescreen are the default ones as he never bothered to change it. Same with ringtone and text tone, but that’s because he always puts his phone on silent.

In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?

Either leave somewhere far away until it was all over or walk silently inside a bank and take some of the money. (would depend on the moment…and if he had taken anything or not…) But he wouldn’t kill anyone and simply run away if he was spotted.

Is your MC superstitious in any way?

Nope. Not at all. He’d love to adopt a black cat someday…

BUT, he’ll pretend he is to get out of doing things he doesn’t like.

Cousin: "Can you take my dog for a walk?:
Aryan: “Sorry, it’s against my religion.”

Friend: “Can you come with me to that boring event?”
Aryan: “That place gives off a bad vibe. I would like to avoid it.”

Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be?

He’s not a fan of ship names

How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?

He’d try to to squash it because it’s blood would dirty the floor/wall and he’d have to clean it up so Aryan would probably try to catch it and throw it outside. Less work that way

If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?

Depends on how long. If it’s just for one day or two he’d try to limit his social interactions. More than that, but less than a month would get a mini chalk board and longer than that a computer program that would speak for him.

Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?

He loves to prank people, but doesn’t like when he gets pranked. Aryan would prank people in any way, except for faking his own death as he really dislikes that kind of prank.

Do they prefer the heat or the cold? Any particular reason why?

None of them. He likes a balanced temperature where it’s not hot nor cold. Because he doesn’t like being hot or cold.

After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?

Play mind games with UB, giving slight hints that he knows, but never too much
He wouldn’t go at the hospital
And, after a bit, he’d have to stop the mind games to tell UB that Murphy is at the hospital so they can capture him before he leaves.

But, if he had memories from deep into the relationship with his RO (later books) then he wouldn’t change anything, because that would mean that UB would leave the city and they wouldn’t be a couple…

How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”

He'd show them this

Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?

Sorry, never seen the movie

How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?

Depends on the situation. If it was the good kind, he’d enjoy it while it lasted. If it was the bad kind, he’d ignore it (but laugh if other mentioned it so as to show them he didn’t care) until it was forgotten.

If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?

The one that plans the whole thing and/or the driver. Never the one that actually did it.

Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?

He doesn’t have those kinds of dreams and he’d probably ignore them anyway because he doesn’t really care about stuff like that and he forgets his dreams after being awake for 2 seconds…

Your MC is approached with the following offer:

He wouldn’t believe it. I know it’s real, but Aryan would think it was all a trick and would just ignore it. If it was proven that it wasn’t a trick (others did it before his eyes) then he’d still refuse it because he doesn’t want to risk it.

What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?

He uses emojis a lot, but not abuse them. Aryan will text you back within a second if he likes you/talking to you, after a bit if he feels neutral about you and some of Bobby’s text haven’t been replied to for 4 months now…

If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?

Take a nap. Rub it in A’s face. Take a longer nap.

Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?

The word “ok”. Just type it “okay”. Also “early bird gets the worm” because he feels that was created only for others to constantly annoy him with it for not being a morning person…

Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?

Anyone sexy or hot. Aryan likes to flatter himself.

If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

Aryan: “Holy shit!”
Me: “:D”
Aryan: “Holy shit!”
Me: “=3”
Aryan: “…”
Me: ¯_(ツ)_/ ¯

Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?

Aryan and his 0 combat skills? Final words to who? RO? (hey, don’t look so sad. Just remember i’ll always love you. [Insert last pun or joke about the situation] dies) The person who killed him? )A remark about how stupid they probably are or something similar. Make them feel like he didn’t care he was dying because he wasn’t goung to give them that satisfaction) In general? (I guess i went out with a bang. Hehe. whole building explodes or something like that)

2 Likes

Okay, I worked on this on and off today. Here we go:

Dezh's answers

“Social media is for attention whores,” Dezh growled. So yeah, minimal. She’s more of an email/texting kinda person. She might go on discussion boards now and then (and she loves sending memes), but that’s about it.

1. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?

“Elvis. And if you make fun of me for it, I’ll beat the shit out of you.”

1. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?

Dezh stared at the kid for a few seconds, then let out a long breath and held out her hand. “Let’s go find your parents, kiddo. And get some ice cream. You look like you’re in desperate need of ice cream. I know I am.” And some alcohol. She looked around to make sure no one she knew saw her. If Tina ever got wind of this, she’d never live it down.

Short (5’2”), hourglass figure, and buff (muscular, but not abnormally big, just very cut while still being feminine)

She’s just short of being a grammar Nazi when it comes to writing. As far as how people speak, she’s pretty chill.

1. What would they name their child?

“I’m not having children,” Dezh snapped. After a moment, she muttered under her breath, “But if I did, I’d want a boy and name him Mace. And it has nothing at all to do with Mason, dammit.”

Black tank top, black yoga pants, and black boots.

1. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

Shortly after meeting UB: “You mean we’re gonna bang, right?” Dezh asked dryly. “I knew that the moment he sat in my office smoking under a no smoking sign.” She paused when the speaker continued talking, speaking utter nonsense. Her expression turned from disbelief to pure amusement. Then, with no warning, she burst into hysterical laughter. “Are you high?”

If it was after the end of Book 1: “We’ll bang, he’ll move on. That’s his way. If you think anything else, you’re insane.” Dezh cleared her throat, turned, and stalked away, uncertain why in the hell her heart was pounding out of her chest.

Ever seen a terminator in action? There you go. Whenever she can, she orders things off the internet so she doesn’t have to deal with shopping in a store (people are annoying, slow, in her way, and don’t seem to know what they want—losers!). If she’s shopping for gifts for other people, she takes a bit more time, but she goes in with an idea of what kind of gift she wants to buy and makes decisions quickly. She’s actually really good at picking out gifts for people she bothers to get to know and cares for. She won’t wrap it, though, and will just throw it at them and say, “Here. Thought you’d like this.”

1. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?

Newest version of Samsung Galaxy.
Lockscreen: Darth Vader’s head
Homescreen: a bunch of wolves hanging out by the water at night.
General ringtone: Imperial March from Star Wars
Tina: Burn it to the Ground by Nickelback
Verda: Weird Science by Oingo Boingo
Adam: Dogs of War by Blues Saraceno
Mason: Kinda I Want To by Nine Inch Nails
Once she realizes she has feelings for him, she’ll want to change it to: Hurt by NIN since she’ll believe it an impossibility (and I figure if the MC confesses feelings to M, M will be out the door so fast you won’t see them move, lol).
Nate: Don’t Worry Be Happy by Bobby McFerrin
Felix: Vogue by Madonna
Rebecca: Home by Three Days Grace
Text tone: “I sense something, a presence I have not felt since…” (Darth Vader)

1. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?

She would be armed to the teeth and out protecting people being attacked by psychos. And she’d show the psychos no mercy at all.

Dezh: “No, superstitions are bullshit.” Truth? It’s why she’s a pessimist and afraid to believe in anything good. She figures if she starts believing in something, it’ll just disappear on her. Fate’s way of saying ‘fuck you’ to her.

1. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)

Mazh? If I use her full first name, it’s much easier, I suppose. Nadason.

Screaming, cursing, and, ultimately, beating it to death with a rubber mallet (leaving dents in the floor because she hits it so hard) or hacking it in half with her wakizashi (leaving slices in the floor because she hit it so hard).

1. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?

She’d just text them. Or write out whatever she wanted to say. Or just not bother, for the most part.

1. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?

She’s not much for being pranked, or really pranking others. If she decided to bother with it, she’d do something terribly unfunny (to most people), and have people come in to find her lying in a pool of fake blood with her pretending to be dead, then jump up and scare the piss out of them when they leaned over her. She’d find that hilarious.

Cold, because you can always put on more clothes or find some other way to get warm.

1. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?

Armor up, ammo up, go to the lab and catch Murphy unaware with a flashbang grenade, unload a few mags into him so he can’t heal fast, beat him into a bloody pulp, chain him to a wall, then call Adam to come get the asshat before he can heal up. If he regained consciousness, she’d rinse and repeat till Adam got there, getting a few extra beatings in on him for daring to use liquid DMB on Mason (and would tell him that’s why).

1. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”

Dezh smirked at the question, but answered without hesitation, “Sixty-nine.”

1. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?

Very close to what McClane did. With more explosions and cursing.

1. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?

“I’m a meme? What the fuck is wrong with people?”

Muscle and getaway driver.

1. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?

She has had little things appear in dreams that ended up happening, but she just writes it off as coincidence (though she often has conversations with people that she “knows” she’s had before and can predict to the word what they will say before they say it… it only lasts a short time, though). If she had a dream a bit more off the wall that came true, she’d likely ignore it, RO or otherwise.

1. Your MC is approached with the following offer: pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice. Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails? [For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]

She’d take it. She would give away her lack of supernatural healing so she’d be more useful to the team. If the coin landed heads, she’d want supernatural physical strength. If it landed tails, she would take slowly growing hair as a weakness. :stuck_out_tongue:

1. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?

She’s to the point, typically, unless she’s complaining about something. She doesn’t abuse emojis. How quickly she responds is dependent upon her mood, what she’s doing at the time, and who’s texting her. She typically responds within a few minutes, though, for most people.

1. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?

Making it clear to everyone that the new motto of the world is “mind your own damned business.” If what other people are doing with their own lives doesn’t affect you, your family, directly harm innocents, or take money out of your pocket, then STFU and get over it. If what you’re doing is offensive to someone, and that someone isn’t physically harassing you, in your face, or trying to take money from you, ignore them and get on with your life—no one owes you approval or support and your feelings aren’t protected because if you let someone else’s words hurt you, it’s a choice you made and is your problem. Seriously, a lot of the world’s problems would be solved if people just minded their own damned business and stopped worrying about what other people thought.

• “Why would anyone what to make a movie of my life? That’d suck.”

2. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

Dezh: “What the hell have you done to me? Every time I’m around Mason, my heartrate skyrockets and my chest feels weird. I don’t understand!”

Me, sympathetically: “You’ll figure it out soon enough. Good luck with that.”

1. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?

“I’m the bitch with a jacket full of grenades, asshole!”

Nyx's answers

None. She gets online as little as possible and curses about having to deal with email.

Beethoven. She loves classical music.

She would simply tell the child she’s a police officer, ask who its parents were, make the kid wait somewhere safe, and send everyone out looking for the parents while announcing it over a loudspeaker.

Fairly short (5’4”), athletic figure (wider shoulders, narrow waist, and narrow hips) with lean, toned muscles

Yes

Workout shorts, racer-backed tight tank top, and running shoes

Shortly after meeting UB: “That’s highly unlikely.”
If it was after the end of Book 1: “I… don’t think so. Adam is very…” She frowned when she remembered how upset Adam was when she was bleeding to death on the floor of the warehouse. But he was also back to being distant in the hospital, so… “Yeah, that is unlikely.”

Blackphone 2.
The rest? She pays no attention to such things and uses the thing as little as possible.

No.

Adyx

She’d step on it.

Morse code.

Heat. She gets cold really easily.

She’d inform Rebecca and UB, tell them she knows everything about all of it (them being vampires, Murphy being the killer), so they need to get their asses in gear because she’s about to head to the lab and take care of Murphy. They can either help or read about it in the news.

“What is a tootsie pop?”

Similarly to McClane, but with less yelling.

She’d simply shake her head.

1. If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill? Leader

2. Your MC is approached with the following offer: pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice. Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails? [For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]

Not a chance she’d go for this.

1. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

Nyx: “Thank you.”
Me: “You’re welcome.”

Nyx: “Adam, you can’t go out with me this time…” (she’s gonna be punny right till the end)

Wolfe's answers
    Some. She’d be on facebook, if for no other reason than to post things to piss others off.

Enrique Iglesias, and it has little to do with his music…

Wolfe squatted down so she’d be eye level to the child and flashed a warm smile. “Hi, I’m Officer Alexa Wolfe. Can you tell me your name and where you last saw your parents?”

Short (5’3”) and muscular. Not an extreme bodybuilder look, but clearly muscled and strong.

2. Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?
    As long as people sound literate, she doesn’t really care.

3. What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?
    Black cargo pants and a white-ribbed tank top

4. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

Wolfe cleared her throat. “Okay. If you say so…” (both before and after)

1. Is your MC superstitious in any way? Nope.

2. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)

Alate (her first name is Alexa + Nate)

She’d hide in another room for a short while, pacing and wishing she had a roommate who could take care of these things for her and wondering if she could shoot it without attracting too much attention. After a while, she’d return to the room and attempt to deal with it, likely with something with a long handle so she can be as far away from it as possible.

Texting. If whoever she’s talking to doesn’t have a phone, she’d type on a computer and show them.

Cold. She’s hot-natured as hell.

She’d call Nate, tell him to put her on speakerphone to the whole team, and tell them everything. When Adam told her she was insane (and Mason laughed at her), she’d copy Dezh’s actions. Though, she’d probably bring a stake and kill the SOB and bring UB Murphy’s ashes when she was done.

“Those things are gross.”

She’d roll her eyes and ignore it.

Muscle.

2. Your MC is approached with the following offer: pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice. Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails? [For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]

No, she wouldn’t go along with this.

Scarlett Johansson (because that’s who she looks like)

2. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

Wolfe: “Psychotically abusive ex-boyfriend? Really? Do you hate me or something?”
Me: “You chose that, not me. And, no, I don’t hate you.”

“I’ll see you in hell, fucker.”

Jax's answers

She’s on everything and everywhere, posting pictures and liking other people’s stuff.

Air Supply (the girl loves love songs… she’s such a dork).

Jax, the most open of all of my MCs and she’d have no clue what to do: “Umm…” Jax looked around uncertainly, wishing Tina were near. Well, she supposed she’d have to deal with it. “Are you lost???”

Average height (5’5”) and thin. No visible muscle, but she’s very wiry.

2. Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?
    She, literally, could not care less.

3. What would they name their child?
    Felicia if it’s a girl, Fergus if it’s a boy

4. What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?
    A pair of tights and a button-up silk shirt, with slip-on ballerina-type shoes.

5. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

Shortly after meeting UB: giggles

If it was after the end of Book 1: “Yeah, I can see that.” Jax grinned and went to find Felix to see if he’ll buy it.

If you love shopping, and like spending hours on end walking through stores, she’s great. If you like to get what you need, then leave, she’s your worst nightmare.

iPhone
Lockscreen: Daffy Duck
Homescreen: Snoopy
General ringtone: Tik-tok by Keisha
Tina: Chumbawumba by Tubthumping
Verda: The Future’s So Bright I Gotta Wear Shades by Timbuk3
Adam: The Warrior Song by The Warrior Song Project
Mason: Bad Reputation by Joan Jett
Nate: Happy by Pharrell Williams
Felix: Hot Stuff by Donna Summer
Rebecca: You Can’t Lose Me by Faith Hill
Text tone: The alert sound from Metal Gear Solid

1. Is your MC superstitious in any way? No

2. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)
    Jalix

3. How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?

Catch it in a glass and leave it there until she got some bug spray and drowned it in it.

Made-up sign language that no one but Felix would understand.

She’d totally be down with pranking others. She’d take pranks okay.

Cold, because getting warm when you’re cold feels so bloody awesome.

2. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?

She’d call her mom, tell her everything and say she’d meet UB there.

“You count while I lick!”

2. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?
    “Really? That’s so freaking cool!”

3. If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?
    Getaway driver

4. Your MC is approached with the following offer: pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up.

No, because she’s happy the way she is.

Verbose but with shorthand. She abuses the hell out of emojis and responds almost immediately, unless she can’t.

Making the world less grumpy.

Isla Fisher

Jax: “Hi! I want to be a vampire!”
Me: “Um, hi! I’ll see what I can do.”

“Wheee!”

1 Like

You mean like:

• The Log (sleepers that lie on their side with both arms down): social butterflies; open, friendly and easy going; tend to trust strangers and may even be a bit gullible. OR
  • The Yearner (sleep on their side with both arms out in front): open, yet cynical and suspicious; slow and suspicious when making a decision, but stick to it once their minds are made up.
1 Like

it’d be so good! Jay doesn’t easily warm up to people but once he’s accepted you you have a boyfriend for life, and he doesn’t tend to hold back when letting people know exactly what he thinks about them (which, considering Oliver’s reaction to compliments, should be fun~). And I think Jay’s calm could be really nice for Oliver which reminds me, does he like naps? also these two introverts sassing people together to get themselves through social functions they’re required to be at, there’s,,, a lot and i may have put some thoughts into this ship already but listen! it’s good!

1 Like

Yearner, ye, it’d be this one! Which, I guess doesn’t really fit, he’s not that cynical or suspicious :thinking:
Thank you~! Your knowledge of this is p cool btw

Oliver, buddy, are you being emotionally vivisected in a public forum or is OScott misrepresenting you? Those two don’t seem to match~

And it’s okay, everyOC’s being vivisected around here, it’s just how it goes~~

3 Likes

…the answer ought to be a resounding “yes” considering the vast majority of the sleep he’s managed to get from, like, college onward has come from “unintentional” naps. But he’s never really considered going out of his way to take a nap. He wouldn’t be averse to doing so by any means, though, and he could even come to love them, I think.

So… at this point, kind of.

Then by all means, lead the way.

Oliver:“I…yeah. Okay. It’d be kind of difficult to misrepresent a public vivisection, wouldn’t it?” -he sighs- “You got me there.”

Oliver: “…doesn’t mean I hafta take it lying down… or like it.”

He’s pouting.

2 Likes

excellent~! Because Jay is a strong proponent of naps, so Oliver’s gonna have to deal with Jay falling asleep on him or tempting him into napping together (i will make oliver get a healthy amount of sleep istg, take care of yourself boy). Jay makes a comfortable pillow, I’m sure Oliver will have nothing to complain about

adorable~

1 Like

Ador-

*squints*

No, but Oliver is an absolute sweetie!! I want to pinch his cheeks!

Allow me to toss Tahir at him (so he can pinch Oliver’s cheeks for me), if he ever does decide to go back to working out Tahir can help him with that (also feed him some proper meals!! and Jay too, if I remember correctly the big lug is something of a workaholic, isn’t he?)! Also just academics talk, cuz he’s a neeerd.

(… Just realised that Tahir’d probably end up wanting to make lunch for the entire damn station considering how many people don’t know how to take care of themselves!! >:C or are lazy enough to accept the free meal~

2 Likes

<3

He’s alright at it usually, but he can pretty easily get caught up in his work and just straight-up forget that there are such things as “the passing of time” or “a need for sustenance” so on those occasions someone to drag him away from whatever he’s doing or shove food at him would be appreciated

hey, there’s never a reason to turn down free food, especially if it’s good~ (if you ask keiji, at least)

1 Like

Felix’s version of Romeo and Juliet

Felix:
Juliet, babe, wakey wakey. *Shakes Juliet’s shoulder hard* Oh no, you’re dead! Oh Juliet, you still look as beautiful as ever. That’s why I cannot let death steal you away from me. Okay, let’s do this. Juliet, I love you, babe! [Romeo drinks the poison] Wait, kiss me before I die.

Juliet:
O comfortable friar! where is my lord?
I do remember well where I should be,
And there I am. Where is my Romeo?

Juliet:
What’s here? A cup, closed in my true love’s hand?
Poison, I see, hath been his timeless end:
O churl! Drunk all, and left no friendly drop
To help me after? I will kiss thy lips;
Haply some poison yet doth hang on them,
To make die with a restorative.
*Kisses him*
Thy lips are warm.

Juliet:
*Snatching Romeo’s dagger*
This is thy sheath-

Felix:
*Wakes up, see Juliet about to stab herself and grabs her hand*
Wait-stop! Babe, I’m not dead. Ah, blessed apothecary, your potion did not work. *Turns to Juliet* Come, let’s now hurry to Paris for our honeymoon.

Mason’s version of Romeo and Juliet:

(Ermm… I don’t think I should post it here. Look for it in the NSFW page guys.)

8 Likes

Oh jeez. So many questions. I feel like everyone has such established MC’s and I…don’t :sweat_smile: