The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I saw these stuff on tumblr so i stole them!

Original content? What original content?

MC:
A:
MC:
A:
MC:
A:
N: What’s going on?
F: A and MC are having one of their unresolved sexual tension staring contests.

MC: I wish you could block people in real life
A: Restraining order
M: Murder

MC: Do you ever feel like you’re being watched?
F: All the time. When you look this good, you have to get used to it.

MC: What’s better than serving up smiles?
M: Being dead or anything else.

MC: Do you ever just see something that changes your life and you’re like, huh
N: I saw you.
MC: Honestly that’s so nice and sweet and it makes this really awkward because I was just gonna show you this drawing of F as a turkey

MC: It feels like you’re being a little harsh.
A: Thanks, good note. I was going for extremely harsh. I’ll turn it up.

Murphy: I like to inspire people.
MC: Really?
Murphy: Fear. I inspire fear.

F: Oooh, mini croissants!
F, to MC: No matter what I say, stop me when I’ve had 16.

MC: You know, N, I’m glad we’re keeping our anniversary simple this year.
N: Hahaha, me too!! frantically waves off marching band

F: I don’t understand, what is a french fry?
MC: A heavenly tall golden blonde piece of beauty with a pinch of salt.
N: So…
N: A?

MC: We’re going mattress shopping.
M: winks You know, once we get it, we’ll have to break it in.
MC: Oh, I hear what you’re saing… Mattress trampoline!!
M: …
M: I lost interest

Bobby after the breakup: Please, I can’t live without you!
MC: Then perish.

MC: I’ve been dropping them the most insanely obvious hints for like a year now. No response.
A: Wow. They sound stupid.
MC: But they’re not. They’re really smartk actually. Just dense.
A: Maybe you need to be more obvious? Like, I don’t know… “Hey! I love you!”
MC: I guess you’re right. Hey A, I love you.
A: See! Just say that!
MC: Holy fucking shit.
A: If THAT flies over their head, then, sorry Detective, but they’re too dumb for you.
MC: …

MC: You know what I’ve always wondered? How do tall people like you actually sleep at night when the blanket can’t possibly cover you from your shoulders to your toes?
N: It’s four o’clock in the morning.
MC: So you can’t sleep, huh?
MC: …
MC: …Is it the blanket?

N: MC, you look ravishing this evening.
MC: Thanks!
A, trying to flirt: Detective, all of your facial parts are in the right spots.
MC: Thanks, A.

Your secret is safe with me :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Sorry…it’s all greek to me… :neutral_face:

12 Likes

Wait, I want to see that picture. Where’s that picture, Pizza??

5 Likes

Sorry, all i have are empty promises…

It’s fine... I’ll just be here... living with the disappointment...

at least until I can draw it myself…

4 Likes

I DID IT! It’s like 2am, but i got up to draw a F hand turkey! I have a -2 in art skills though (yep. -2. If you throw talent at me i can annihilate it…)

Brace yourself

THEY’RE WINKING AT YOU!

17 Likes

You didn’t have to do that but oh my god I love it!! It’s perfect!

4 Likes

I didn’t check this thread for like a week and there were over 200 messages this morning when I finally looked. Man y’all write fast. Gotta say it was fun to catch up though. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s so good :cry:

1 Like

@Pizza_is_good that’s one glorious turkey! Is that a mohawk or a beanie? :smiley:

Hey, this looks so nice and informative!

compared to this s***

wtfman

WTF any of that means or what I was thinking - now only Jesus knows. And I found out just now that the last playthrough (supposedly N) is actually F, lol. My naming habits won’t let me advance past the book 4, I think. Oh well, I’ll be cheering for your MCs instead then :slight_smile:

7 Likes

My saves are just variations of:
Emma Langford (Ava’s Route)
Emma Langford (Ava’s Route) ((Use this one)
Emma Langford (Ava’s Route) ((USE THIS ONE))
Ect…
Different MC’s but it’s the same for the rest of UB.

4 Likes

How did you manage to access and retrieve your save files?

1 Like
Requires a bit of tinkering with choicescript

You’ll need to download latest CS distro from github, change fetch id in index to wayhaven to be able to sync saves. Then write a scene with *restore and startup with all wayhaven vars. If you want to see what’s inside save files, all the stats etc, you can write a simple shell scene that prints desired var values in a readable way.

Originally I used that for sabres/guns and lost heir, to make sense of all saves quickly, now time for wayhaven has come apparently :frowning:

1 Like

Um, uh…it’s supposed to be hair…

I haven’t saved any of them (just one i think) because i will want to redo the first book before starting the second one :smiley:

-slides all sneakily into the thread-

Psst. You still in the market for MC questions? I can’t speak to their quality or originality (and I’m still scrolling through the monster that is the previous thread, on the prowl for character questions, so if you see any repeats… just bop me on the nose with a rolled newspaper or something) but…

Random questions. Three times ten. All from my noodle, but may have been definitely inspired by others. Idk. Answer at your leisure. Pick and choose. Do all. Whatevs.

*styx's "too much time on my hands" plays in the distance*

1. What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any.

2. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?

3. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?

4. Describe their body type.

5. Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?

6. What would they name their child?

7. What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?

8. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

9. What are they like to shop with?

10. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?

11. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?

12. Is your MC superstitious in any way?

13. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)

14. How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?

15. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?

16. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?

17. Do they prefer the heat or the cold? Any particular reason why?

18. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?

19. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”

20. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?

21. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?

22. If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?

23. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?

24. Your MC is approached with the following offer:

pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice.

Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails?

[For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]

25. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?

26. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?

27. Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?

28. Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?

29. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

30. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?

6 Likes

Eyyyyy, here we go again~

Madness awaits you...BELOW.
  1. What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any.
Answers

EMMA: Scarce. Checks it maybe a few times a month, offers happy birthday’s…that’s about it.
CASSANDRA: She’s pretty active, posts uplifting messages and pictures she takes, mostly ones of the sky.
HAYDEN: “…The fuck is that?”

1. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?
Answers

I have not thought about this at all…uhhh…
EMMA: Uh…Queen maybe?
CASSANDRA: The Beatles, back in the day.
HAYDEN: The Temptations?

1. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?
Answers

EMMA: Distress, immediately check the surrounding area for their parents, call Tina if she couldn’t find them and hope she’d help her out. Kids make her nervous.
CASSANDRA: Check them over to make sure they’r alright, ask anyone wandering by if they might have seen the kid’s parents, try to keep them calm.
HAYDEN: Offer the kid a ride on her shoulders (so they can keep an eye out for their parents), buy them something to snack on, chat with them about what’s going on in their life to keep them calm. If they passed a place with balloons, get one (probably red), write the kid’s name on it, and tie it to their wrist to make them easier for their parents to spot. (She adores kids.)

1. Describe their body type.
Answers

Ooooooh dear.
EMMA: Average weight, average height…yeah…(Beanpole? Like, a kinda short one.)
CASSANDRA: Fairly tall, thin. (Beanpole!?)
Hayden: Sorta curvy, she’s got some weight on her but most of it’s muscle. (…Apple?)

1. Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?
Answers

EMMA: Only if it’s really bad. Chat speak really bugs her though.
CASSANDRA: Yes, very much so.
HAYDEN: Lol, naw.

1. What would they name their child?
Answers

Uh…
EMMA: She likes unisex names. shrug Alex, Sam, Jordan, ect.
CASSANDRA: Something classy. Old school, but not too much so. Evelyn, Victoria, Asher, Stanley, ect.
HAYDEN: Likes…harsher sounding names? Jack, Blake, Janet, Rachel, ect.

1. What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?
Answers

Like in cannon or in my mind? …Going with my mind.
EMMA: Oversized grey t-shirt, comfy shorts or boxers. (Hey she was getting comfy!)
CASSANDRA Work clothes~ Jeans, buttoned dress shirt, sharp but casual grey jacket.
HAYDEN: Black leather jacket, white tank top, old, torn up jeans.

1. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?
Answers

EMMA: Sputter in indignation, turn bright red, flea!
CASSANDRA: “I-I…she’s nice but we hardly know each other…” She’d by embarrassed but rather hopeful.
HAYDEN:"…With how hard she’s been trying to get into my pants I’d damn well hope so!"
~L A T E R~
"WOAH, what? Why are you bringing feelings into this? nervious chuckle

1. What are they like to shop with?
Answers

EMMA: She gets bored with shopping rather quickly so she’d probably get irritable if it went on too long. If it was a short trip, she’d have fun and be in a pretty good mood.
CASSANDRA: Loves to window shop. Happy to shop for long periods of time.
HAYDEN: Does most of her shopping online. Doesn’t love to go out to shop, and could go either way on the happy/cranky scale.

1. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?
Answers

UHHH. sweats nervously Dunno models, so skipping that one…
EMMA: Lockscreen: Prison bars. (She finds it very funny.) Homescreen: Picture of her and Tina, arms across the other’s shoulders. Default ringtone and text tone. Tina, her mom, Verda, and (eventually) UB would get special tones which would just be something other then the default. She’s got a drawing app, which she doesn’t use much, and a writing one for taking notes.
CASSANDRA: Lockscreen: Baby bunnies. Homescreen: ~S P A C E~! Ringtone: Organic? Texttone: Natural? Her mom has a nice special tone. She has a couple games on her phone. Mostly idle clickers or match three’s.
HAYDEN: Lockscreen: Picture of her giving the finger. Homescreen: Picture of a very sexy looking sports car, mmm. Ringtone: Scarabaeus? Texttone: Ping? Naaaaaaaah. She has a couple fighting games on her phone.

Answers
  1. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?
    Other that get killed you mean? xD
    EMMA: Bunker down, try to keep the peace as best she can. Have multiple panic attacks.
    CASSANDRA: See Emma’s, add in more crying.
    HAYDEN: Steal the baddest, sleekest sports car she could, speed around the twon having the time of her life.
  1. Is your MC superstitious in any way?
Answers

EMMA: Not really, but she does go out of her way to avoid pushing her luck, so she’s more so than she realizes.
CASSANDRA: Other than not walking under ladders, no.
HAYDEN: “Shit, I mean vampires are real, superstitious bullshit probably is too. Where the hell did I put that rabbit’s foot?” <-50# snark.

1. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)
Answers

Jokey answers ahoy~
EMMA x AVA: Avma? :thinking: The soft center’s? The reluctant romancers?
CASSANDRA x NAT: Cassanat? Diabetes. Overly sweet sweethearts.
HAYDEN x MORGAN: Haygan, Morden. (Both sound rather neat.) The Fast and the FUUUUUUUUCK YEAH.

1. How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?
Answers

EMMA: Initial panic followed by an irritated groan and a reluctant attempt to get it out. (If it touched her she’d freak for a second.)
CASSANDRA: “…I’m…just going to sleep on the couch tonight…”
HAYDEN: Time to get her murder on.

1. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?
Answers

EMMA: She’d just write on a pad of paper, nice and simple.
CASSANDRA: Type what she needs to say on her phone and show it to whoever she’s ‘talking’ to.
HAYDEN: Try to brute force it and talk anyway. Wouldn’t work and would probably make it way worse. Would resort to growls, grumbles, and hand gestures.

1. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?
Answers

EMMA: Nope, she hates pranks. If it was super mild she might not be too upset, but that’s it.
CASSANDRA: Small pranks are alright with her, and she’s been known to unscrew a saltshaker in her time.
HAYDEN: She likes a good prank from time to time. She once glued a kid’s feet to the floor.

Yep.

1. Do they prefer the heat or the cold? Any particular reason why?
Answers

EMMA: Cold, it’s easier to fix then being too hot.
CASSANDRA: Well she loves warm weather and the sights it brings.
HAYDEN: Cold. She likes to feel like she earned a good sweat.

1. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?
Answers

Ooooh so a time loop?
EMMA: After shaking off her confusion, she’d call her mom and cut straight to the chase. Knowing exactly what’s going on, she’d hope they’d be able to end things as quickly as possible.
Cassandra: I think it’d take a while longer for her to figure out what was going on and that it wasn’t all just some fever dream. She’d snap out of it completely when meeting the team, and start asking questions.
HAYDEN: She’d be torn between wanting to bodyguard Garrett, and wanting to go to the hospital and beat the everloving shit out of Murphy. At the end of the day though, she’d tell her mom where Murphy was (or was going to be sooner or later), and tail Garrett until Murphy was taken care of.

1. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”
Answers

Emma: “I don’t know, I lost count around 57…”
CASSANDRA: “I think they have a device that counts for you.”
Hayden: “Better question: How many bites? The answer is three.”

1. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?
    Uh…hahaha gonna have to skip this one…

2. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?

Answers

EMMA: “What? Why? Why is that…I don’t…deep breath I’m going back to work.”
CASSANDRA: “Oh…that’s…not the greatest picture of me, but I’m, um flattered?” uncomfortable smile
HAYDEN: “Meme’s are stupid, but I am the best, so…nah, still stupid.”

1. If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?
Answers

EMMA: The brain, probably off in a van monitoring and offering directions.
CASSANDRA: Distraction. She’d got mad people’s skills so she’d be good at it.
HAYDEN: The muscle/leader. Fearless, quick on her feet, and good at improvising.

1. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?
Answers

Short answer: No.
If any of them had a dream about their RO before meeting them I think they’d all be kind of freaked out…it might put them odd, honestly. Hayden’d get a kick out of Morgan’s dream line in the hospital though. She might actually die laughing.

1. Your MC is approached with the following offer:

pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice.

Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails?

[For the sake of the question, the offer is 100% legit, and all parties are fully aware of this. Unless you want this shit to be sketch. Do you, boo.]

Answers

EMMA: I don’t think she’d be willing to risk it, but if she did… “I want to be better.” “Better at what?” “Just…just better…”
CASSANDRA: She’d skip it, too worried about losing.
HAYDEN: She’d go for it. She wouldn’t have any idea of what she’d want if she won though, just enjoys the rush. “Uh…can I wish for three more wishes?” “…No…” “Alright…I wish I didn’t hate doing the dishes.”

1. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?
Answers

EMMA: Short and to the point. Occasionally forgets to capitalize or punctuate. No internet slang or shortening words. Responds very quickly. Only sarcastic and snarky emojis.
CASSANDRA: Full sentences and punctuation. Few to no emojis. Responds quickly.
HAYDEN: Short, usually fragmented sentences, loads of emojis, lacking punctuation and capitalization. She responds…eventually. Maybe.

1. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?
Answers

EMMA: Appoint someone else. That’s way more stress then she can or wants to handle.
CASSANDRA: Space travel! There are so many things left to discover!
HAYDEN: " Whoever decided this was a good idea has mental issues…" She’d take things as seriously as she could, focus on ending hunger, working on getting rid of diseases, and make sure the homeless get whatever help they need to get back on their feet. I don’t see her enjoying it much though, too much pressure.

1. Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?
Answers

EMMA: Chat speak annoys the heck out of her.
CASSANDRA: …I can’t think of anything…will update if I do.
HAYDEN: “Working hard or hardly working?” “Hahahahahaha.” flips the bird

1. Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?
Answers

I don’t knooooow actresses, people! D: (Or actor’s, really.)
EMMA: “WHAT? MOVIE?! Uhm. No, no thanks. No. NO.
CASSANDRA: Teresa Victoria “T.V.” Carpio, maybe?
HAYDEN: Jennifer Batter (Not super accurate, but I like her in the one thing I’ve seen her in. shrugs)

1. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?
Answers

EMMA: “It would have been nice if you’d have given me more personality…I mean, I was the first one you’ve made…”
Me: “Yeah…sorry you’re still kind of a work in progress…we’ll get you there eventually.”
CASSANDRA: Hi :blush:
Me: Uh…hey? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
HAYDEN: “…Nice job.”
Me: “Well…you kind of made yourself.”

1. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?
Answers

EMMA: Would like them to be something loving and reassuring to her RO and mom, but would probably actually be her crying that she doesn’t want to die. Cause she doesn’t.
CASSANDRA: “I-I love you, so much.”
HAYDEN: “Morgan…fuck shit up.”

WOW. THAT TOOK ME LIKE TWO OR THREE HOURS.

4 Likes

I probably have too much time on my hands.

My answers

What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any.
•Alex and Alexandra aren’t really social media type of people so there presence on their is pretty low, they are more active on…other sites.
•Jean and Jamie probably don’t even know what social media is.
•Michael and Michaela are probably the most active of the bunch, they have about 200,000 followers and most are people they know.
•For max and Lily its the same as Jean and Jamie.
How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?
•Alex and Alexandra would probably scowl at the idea of having to go look for some kids parents but would do it anyways as they aren’t a complete asshole.
•Jean and Jamie would just shrug and look for the kids parents.
•Michael and Michaela would probably look for the kids parents but before they would go have some fun get some ice cream with any toppings the kid likes, go on the swing set.etc.
•max and Lily would sweet talk the kid ask them where they last seen them, tell them its okay.etc

Describe their body type.
Aka. I can’t describe body types.
•Alex and Alexandra are more on the muscular side of things. Though Alexandra muscles are less see able.
•the first part of Alex and Alexandra answer are mostly Jean and Jamie answer.
•Michael and Michaela are pretty skinny(not too skinny.).
•Lilly is more on the chubby side.While max is on the skinnier side.

Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?
•hell, Alex and Alexander can’t even get their own grammar right, i doubt they care about someone else grammar.
•For Jean and Jamie it’s a most definitely yes they can’t talk to people who misspell one word wrong.
•Michael and Michaela grammar is pre k level at best so i doubt they would judge.
•it might irritate max and Lily at first but if they’re a nice that’s all that matters.

What would they name their child?
•For Alex and Alexandra they probably would try to name them ‘nightmare’ but when that name doesn’t work they’ll probably sulk out and name them something simple like “David”.
•For Jean and Jamie the name Rebecca.:wink:
•For Michael and Michaela probably the name Snapchat, but since that name copyrighted they’ll stick to Michael and Michaela…wait what?
•For max and Lily they would go with something simple but with a beautiful meaning like Amanda or Jacob.

If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?
•Alex and Alexandra:“What me and them? You got to be kidding me, i don’t even believe in love.” And if you told them later in the book they’ll still respond the same (until book five.)
•Jean and Jamie:“I’d rather die.” And if you told them later in the book they’ll probably ignore you.
•Michael and Michaela:“really? I’ve got to tell them!” And bam the whole book just changed.
•max and Lily would just be really happy and flirt more.

What are they like to shop with?
•Alex and Alexandra don’t shop, they do that online.
•Jean and Jamie:“…shopping?”
•Michael and Michaela are probably the best to go shopping with they know all the greatest places and the best clothes and… just everything.
•max and Lily would be great to go shopping with but they’ll be more interested in the book store next door.

In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?
•Alex and Alexandra would probably go on a steal list probably try to take anything thats on their wishlist.
•Jean and Jamie would patrol the streets(along with others) for any dangerous activities.
•Michael and Michaela would probably be like Alex and Alexandra and go on a steal list.
•max and Lily would stay home.

Is your MC superstitious in any way?
•Alex and Alexandra: no
•Jean and Jamie:no
•Michael and Michaela:kinda, they believe in some but not all.
•max and Lily:yes

How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?
•Alex and Alexandra would probably just step on it.
•Jean and Jamie same as Alex and Alexandra answer.
•Michael and Michaela would scream and cry probably waking up their neighbors. (Wait where are the neighbors in this game.)
•max and Lily would attempt to catch it and set it free.

If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?
•Alex and Alexandra would just communicate in sign language(since they know it might as well make use of it.)
•Jean and Jamie would use a broad to communicate.
•Michael and Michaela would just text it.
•max and Lily same as Alex and Alexandra.

Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?
•Alex and Alexandra it depends on who it is, if it’s someone like A then yes, and their preferred method is anything that would piss them off.
•Jean and Jamie no to them pranking is childish.
•Michael and Michaela yes, and anything okay as long as their laughing at the end.
•max and Lily same as Jean and Jamie answer.

How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”
•Alex:“i don’t know, but do you want to find out?”
Alexandra:“i don’t know.”
•Jean and Jamie:“stop asking stupid questions…364 licks.”
•Michael and Michaela:“oh,oh i know the answer to this question its 3, right?”
•max and Lily:“gives you some scientific answer that would leave you confused.”

How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment
•Alex and Alexandra:“…i hate you guys.”
•Jean and Jamie would scowl and ignore media and anyone who says anything about it.
•Michael and Michaela:“really, i am? I wanna see it!”
•max and Lily would just smile and shake their head.

What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?
•Alex and Alexandra they text like they’re on a dating site 24/7 which is ironic since they’re first text to meeting someone new is “nudes pls”. No emojis for them.
•Jean and Jamie no texting.
•Michael and Michaela they text like a teenager who texting their girlfriend/boyfriend, and​:roll_eyes::girl::grin:.
•max and Lily no texting for them.

Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?
•Alex and Alexandra:“hey, no regrets.”
•Jean and Jamie:“i’m not going down like this”
•Michael and Michaela:“well, i did my best.”
•max and Lily:“tell RO i loved them.”

Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)
I’m probably not going to answer this question right and since i don’t have confirmed romances for my mcs… well oh boy here i go.
Adam × Alex: uhh Aled? Alam? How much did they pay you?
Ava × Alexandra: umm ala?
Ava × Alex: Aleve?(did i just name a ship off a pain reliever brand? Well it makes sense…)
Adam × Alexandra: Alana?

Alex × Nate: uh Alen? Nata(uhh wrong name), sour and sweet?
Alexandra × Nat: Net? Alax?

Alex × Felix: uhhh I don’t know.
Alexandra × Farrah: …

Mason × Alex: uhh Aleson? Sex buds? Kinky?
Morgan × Alexandra: uhh i have no clue.

Adam × Jean: uhh Adeam? Tsundere × tsundere?
Ava × Jamie: uhh…
Ava × Jean: Avan?

Nate × Jean: uhh Jate?
Nat × Jamie: Natie(actually that sounds kind of cute.)

Felix × Jean: uh Fae?
Farrah × Jamie: umm Fam(definitely not the word to use to describe a romantic couple, might need to change that.)

Mason × Jean: uhh Manon? Uhh couple?How?
Morgan × Jamie: umm Morgie?

Sorry I couldn’t answer all of them.

answers

What is one thing nobody should ever say to your MC? (I’m expecting some interesting responses to this. Hehe)
•Alex and Alexandra “what happen to your front tooth?”(they have a gap in between their front teeth it eventually affected them so bad to the point they decided to practice their speech to not make it so obviously.)
•Jean and Jamie “you okay?”
•Michael and Michaela nothing could upset them.
•max and Lily “why are you reading? Don’t you have something else to do?”

Does your MC like themselves?
•Alex and Alexandra yes (they’re confusing.)
•Jean and Jamie most days.
•Michael and Michaela yes😁
•max and Lily yes
Sorry i couldn’t answer them all.

4 Likes

Finally finished! I know I have too much time on my hands, but always happy to answer these. These are fun and I like them a lot.

MC Party!
1. What's your MC's social presence like? If they have any?
Blaire

Blaire has social media but rarely uses it. Will occasionally post, sometimes will like or fav on others posts, rarely comments or replies back. Never posts about self, but will likely to post about others or things around them. More likely to silently follow; a typical social media ghost. Socials include - instagram, twitter, tumblr

Sienna

Sienna uses it on the daily. She likes captioning her life and sharing her activities with the world. Will comment, reply back, like, and fav. Uses a lot of emojis. Posts about whatever is going around her and/or around her, but typically doesn’t share her more personal feelings more just “today had such wonderful weather!” and the like. Socials include - instagram and twitter

2. If they could see one band/artist in concert - living or dead - who would they choose to see?

Both would struggle trying to pick just one artist to see, since they both listen to a lot of different music. They’d never be able to make a decision in good conscience and pick blindly.

3. How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?
Blaire

Blaire would talk to them and try to figure out any details that might help reuniting the child with their parent. If he couldn’t find any good information as a lead, he would just stay with them until their guardian came back.

Sienna

Sienna would internally panic and try to look for the closest authority figure that could help-minus herself. Would stay close by though just to ensure the child was reunited with a trustworthy adult that they knew. She’s not good with kids, but always looks out for them.

Blaire

Blaire is rather lean and slim with soft curves. Strong, toned legs, but rather thin and weak looking arms. Average height-about 5’5". Eats a lot but has a fast metabolism so they don’t really gain a lot of weight, more of the strength is in their lower body than upper body. Remains relatively fit, despite not exercising often.

Sienna

Sienna is short and petite at about 5’0" exactly. She doesn’t look like she has a lot of defined muscles, but when she flexes oh boy. Focuses a lot on torso and arms when it comes to working out-she has defined abs! Soft curves and average weight.

Not really. If it’s to the point where they can’t even make out the message, they’ll complain, but it’s not too big of a deal otherwise.

This starts going into headcanon territory!

Blaire

Blaire would pick a simple name, but not one that’s common. He believes firmly in individuality and names say a lot about that. I’m still trying to decide if I wanna keep this or not, but later on Blaire gets pregnant with a son. He names him Gale, very short, sweet, but very distinguishable and not all that common.

Sienna

Sienna will actually have twins with Nate later on! She likes names that sound “charming” but not old fashioned. Names their daughter, Isabella - Iza for short!- and Blake for their son.

7.What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?
Blaire

Blaire had just gotten home and was ready to relax. He was still in work clothes though. A button white t-shirt and black slacks with comfortable sneakers. RIP white shirt.

Sienna

Sienna was in a dress with some leggings! A soft, pastel colored sleeveless dress and simple black leggings and sandals.

8. If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?
Blaire

Blaire would think they were delusional and possibly confusing them for someone else, lmao. It’s not something he would expect and the only thing he would come up with as a first response would be, “what the fuck”. Then he would think long and hard about Mason and all their interactions and what Mason is like and mutter under their breath, “It’s my shitty taste in men showing.” After the end of book one? Prolly the same, but even more disgruntled with the “It really is my shitty taste in men showing.”

Sienna

Sienna would stare wide eyed and shake her head, a mixture of denial and flustered rambling. Her attraction to Nate is at 10/10 from the get go (she’s very stunned by how attractive all of UB is). Would think they’re teasing her and pout. Say something like, “I think not!” At the end of book one, would just try to ignore the comment. Her blushing face would say it all.

Blaire

It depends if he’s the one shopping or just going along with! If he’s the one shopping, he’s really easy. He’s the type to be in and out for the most part, tends to like window shopping more than actual shopping. If he’s just going along with it, he’d probably offer up items/clothes to check out or direct them to interesting shops. Would suggest passing by the food court or some food stall more than once. Patient.

Sienna

Sienna is constantly moving when it comes to shopping. She moves from shop to shop to shop, from item to item to item. Likes to see everything, very hands on. Will toss clothes at someone to try out and compliment them till they hate the outfit. Very fun and easy going, but can be overwhelming since she wants to go everywhere.

10. Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?
Blaire

Blaire has whatever model is a recent model, he doesn’t keep too up to date with whatever is recent. Lockscreen is some aesthetic looking picture with a possible quote, homescreen is probably a character from a series he likes. Once he starts dating Mason, his lockscreen changes to a picture of him and UB, while homescreen is some picture of Mason he tried to take secretly. No ringtone or text tone, phone is always on silent or vibrate-he doesn’t like the noises. Music player and internet are his favorite apps! Probably has a few games on there that he can play throughout the day like Neko Atsume.

Sienna

Sienna’s phone is whatever is the most recent thing she can get within a 2 year time frame. Her lockscreen is a picture of her and Tina while her home screen is some photo/quote from a scientist she admires. Ringtone is probably one of the default ones! A soft chime or melodic one. Probably has her phone set to vibrate for texts though. Camera, Instagram, Internet are her favorite apps. Notes for her to keep track of things.

11. In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?
Blaire

He’d be absolutely pissed, wonder who the fuck approved this situation and w h y. Immediately reach out to Rebecca to confirm if she’s okay or not, would probably be with her during the Purge. He trusts UB, they can handle themselves. Would help out anyone in need, but not stray too far from his “safe house”.

Sienna

Sienna would be absolutely terrified and useless in the purge. She would immediately try to barricade her home and build some sort of shelter in her home to protect her. If someone tried to call out for help, she’d be very conflicted on if this was a trap or not and debate whether to help or not.

Blaire

Blaire absolutely! But it’s more so he believes in bad luck/good luck but doesn’t actively participate to thwart it. He grew up with Filipino traditions and customs so there’s that. Would likely poke fun at someone if they stepped on a crack or make comments like “that’s 5 years badluck, you fucked up.”

Sienna

Lmao, no. She’s too logical.

13. Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be? (Lmao, number 13. Is a cursed question!)

LMAO!

Blaire

Blason??? Maire??? The Unfortunate Couple? Residential Stupid Couple.

Sienna

Sate? Nienna? Cavity? THAT Couple.

Blaire

Bugs of any kind trigger Blaire’s flight response. So either way he would either just run out of the room and never enter again until it’s gone and dead, or stay frozen and scream for help. He’d be crying either way.

Sienna

She would jump because she was startled but then just take care of it. Probably lead it outside if it was a spider, if it was a cockroach she would just kill it. Then go hunt to see if there’s more because she’s not about to have an infestation in her home!

15.If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?
Blaire

He knows sign language so he’d be fine! Would have to rely on Nate or his phone to communicate, but he’d be fine. Would not be above flipping people off or using obscene gestures to communicate how he feels.

Sienna

Her phone! Texting! Notepad! She’d find some way, but would probably rely on technology to communicate whatever it is she needs. She’s a horrible mime.

16. Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?
Blaire

He would be down for pranking but not being pranked! If he was pranked, he would take it in good faith though-usually. Typically. No preferred method, so long as the outcome is good.

"Sienna

Sienna is fine being pranked herself but would never do any pranking and doesn’t really enjoy pranking in general. She thinks the lines between pranking and being mean is too thin and too easily to cross. Would take pranks on herself in good nature though, probably.

Blaire

Blaire prefers the heat! He gets cold pretty easily and has a high tolerance for heat, so warmth is where it’s at.

Sienna

She prefers the cold over the heat. Just because atleast if you’re cold you can still find stuff to do, if it’s too hot no one wants to do anything. The feeling of being too sweaty isn’t high up there on her list either.

18. After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?
Blaire

After the initial confusion and shock? Blaire is going to call Rebecca and let her know of everything that happened/going to happen? Politely tell her that if she wants to do something, she needs to do it fast, because he’s going to march into that hospital and Murphy is going to CATCH THESE HANDS.

Sienna

Would probably be excited once she realized what was going on. Time travel neato! Would do everything in her power to prevent the murder of Garret, and would reluctantly call up Rebecca to plan something because she can’t arrest Murphy on her own. Unfortunately.

19. How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”
Blaire

Throw a tootsie pop at the person and tell them to find out themself OR bite into one out of spite.

Sienna

“Google. Google probably has the answer.”

1. Ive never seen the movies so I’m going to have to skip rip
21. How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?
Blaire

“What the fuck? How? What did I do? What did I say? What face did I make?”

Sienna

“…Am I a good meme atleast?”

Summary

Hm… Either the Distraction or the Pickpocket! Some field role of some sort that provides some sort of support and lets him do things his way.

Sienna

The Hacker! She’s super good with technology and hacking would be no sweat for her.

23. Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?

Neither of them do! Sienna doesn’t believe in things like that so even if she did have some experience she’d think it’s all coincidence. Blaire would be excited and try to force prophetic dreams out of himself and play it off as him being a really good guesser. If he had a dream about Mason prior to meeting him, he’d just think it’s life telling him to ‘have some fun’.

24.Your MC is approached with the following offer:
pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice. Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails?

Blaire

HMMMMM. He would take it because he’s impulsive, but wouldn’t be able to make a decision between a strength or a weakness. Then remember indecisiveness is a weakness and give up that. He’d chose tails on the chance that fate would do the opposite and hope it works in his favor.

Sienna

Would be reluctant to take it. Chance isn’t a thing she really likes, but she would try to do some head math to check probabilities and stuff. Not sure if she could pick a strength or weakness though, because she thinks those are things she should do on her own rather than have help from some weird offer like this.

25. What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?
Blaire

Blaire sends a lot of short messages in quick bursts. Responds very quickly because he doesn’t like to keep people waiting. No emojis unless it’s to annoy people than yeah.

Sienna

She responds very fast with very concise statements. Doesn’t really use texting language other than for a few exceptions. Definitely uses emojis! Emojis help emotion to the message!

26. If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?
Blaire

Blaire would quit the second the title was declared upon him. That’s too much pressure and too many eyes on him. He would hate it and toss it onto someone else.

Sienna

After checking this was a thing? And why they picked her? Reluctantly test the waters with declaring some sort of national book/science holiday. Would ask those around her for help, she has no idea what she’s doing.

27. Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?

Hmmm will update this once I think of some!

28. Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?

Blaire doesn’t keep up with celebrities enough to give an answer. Sienna would probably pick Lily Collins!

29. If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?
Blaire

“Why? Why the ever loving fuck why?” “I never intended this.”

Sienna

“Is there any way I can convince you to give me some combat skills??? Or atleast able to defend myself somehow???” “You could try.”

30. Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?
Blaire

“If death really meant it, I would’ve died a long time ago.”

Sienna

“Had to one up you guys atleast once.”

3 Likes

OH! NO no no, ha ha… I meant that as a thing about how I have too much time on my hands, thinking this ish up and formatting it for posting.

Nah, if I were to assign a theme song to y’all writing about your MCs/getting to read about them… it’d be, like, The Magic School Bus theme song, but rewritten to express curiosity and excitement about diving deeper into the hearts and minds of these Detectives y’all have been developing.

…I have no idea how that might go, though.

And now, for something completely (but not really) different!

Mine own answers
1 - 15

1. What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any
He has a Twitter. He doesn’t really ever post anything, just uses it to keep up with news and various academics and politics and social justice shit. Hockey. And also Lin-Manuel Miranda.

Money says Tina tags him in stuff and tweets at him, and he will respond. And like. And occasionally tag her in stuff.

2. If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?
Queen with Freddie Mercury. No question.

-crouches down in front of the kid, srs bzns- “What seems to be the problem, sir/ma’am? … Ah, you’ve lost your parent? Parents, am I right? Always running off, doing whatever they want. You probably need to keep them on a leash if you wanna keep them around!.. well, lucky for you, I happen to be a detective–” -shows badge- “–and this sort of thing is what I’m trained to handle. So let’s go back to where you saw them last, and then we can see where to go from there. Okay?”

5’9". Weighs X lbs because, holy shit, I’m horrible at gauging that sort of thing.

He might’ve been considered “athletic-ish” once upon a time – and, honestly, he could probably be considered such again if he put some work into it. He’s not that far removed from his college hockey years, after all.

But being a cop in a small town with little crime (so the only real action he sees is walking a beat when not stuck at his desk) and focusing on work such as he does, one doesn’t get as much time to focus on working out and all that. Plus, even if he did have time – which, actually, lbr: he does – he doesn’t have the internal structural bullshit necessary to establish and stick to the routines necessary to get back into shape on his own. Also, his eating habits leave a lot to be desired. In that he eats sporadically. Inconsistently. And not very healthily.

When it comes to his own? You betcha. When it comes to others, he tries to keep in mind that language evolves and all that good stuff, and all that really matters is if someone gets their point across in a way that is generally understood.

That said, there are two things that befuddle/irk him:

confusing your/you’re often confuses him (“‘Your stupid’? My stupid what? …oh. OH. Okay.”)

and confusing infer/imply irks him (“…they aren’t. Fucking. InterCHANGEABLE.”)

Not like it’s gonna happen, but…

If it were a girl, he’d throw down… sigh, okay, Ada, but that’s because Ada Lovelace was a friggin’ bamf. This was decided aeons ago. Maybe Amelia. Bc Amelia Earhart.

For a boy… he’d kick around Alan because Alan Turing, but would probably ultimately discard that. Probably Sullivan, for Arthur Sullivan. Of Gilbert and Sullivan.

7.What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?

who wants a *pic*?!

and dark grey jammy shorts. with pockets!

And, luckily, he had his sleepable contacts in. Imagine how screwed everyone would’ve been if he’d had his glasses on and then lost them upon being transported to Murphy’s secret lair! Ha ha…

After "initial" UB meeting

“You’re going to hit that.”

He regards me skeptically, then shrugs and says “I’m not going to hit anything. And you’re going to have to be a hell of a lot more specific than that.”

“Adam,” I say, and he flinches. “You are going to hit–” I waggle my eyebrows suggestively “–Adam.”

He stares at me in abject disbelief for a few moments before his faces scrunches in contemplation and confusion. His mouth opens every so often as if to say something before he huffs a sigh and shuts up. Then he shrugs again, asks flippantly “sooo…do you get off on lying, or…?”

“So you don’t believe me.”

“Fuck no!” He laughs. “And there is a whole fucking host of reasons why I don’t believe you, but I have shit to do, so… if you’ll excuse me?”

post-Murphy

“He is the one for you, you know.”

He stares at me from his hospital bed, then shakes his head and leans back against his pillow.

“So you’re escalating? From “hitting that” to soulmates or some shit?”

“Okay,” I say. “I’ll admit that I opened with “hitting that” 'cause it’s so gosh darned fun to say. Should’ve just gone with “you’re gonna fall deeply for each other.””

He shakes his head again. “Why do you have to do him dirty like that?”

I gape at him.

He continues. “You’re basically slandering him at this point. I mean, yeah, dude’s got issues, but who doesn’t? Doesn’t mean you gotta take his name, rake it through the fuckin’ mud by associating it with mine in…” He gestures vaguely with his left hand. “Some impossible romantical sense.” He sits back up and looks directly in my eyes as I gape even harder. “Pretty sure he’s got better taste than that, anyway. But, I… not that I have much of anything to base that on. But…”

“All right,” I say. “That’s a lot about him. But what about how you’re gonna be falling, too?”

He shrugs. “Who gives a shit about me?”

I want to smack him. But it would be terrible, terrible form to hit a man in a hospital bed.

grocery shopping:
“Okay, so. I don’t wanna be here any longer than I have to be, so I have a list. I need to stick with the list. And then I am outta here.”

-*does his shopping diligently, vetoing things because It’s not on the list! *-
-passes the ice cream aisle-
-checks his list. Sighs-

“It’s not on the–”

-has already thrown, like, three boxes of orange creamsicles into the cart-

“…gdi.”

Clothes shopping:
“There are. Seriously. Far more important things we could be doing right now. Jesus. Fuck.”

“But this was your idea?”

“…it was? Shit. It was. Doesn’t make it any less annoying, though. Fucking hell, I have clothes…”

Book shopping:
“It’s fun to look, but I already have two bigass boxes and a Kindle filled with–” -has already checked out, two decent sized bags of books in tow- " Oh. yay."

Everything else:
“thank GOD for the internet!”

Refurbed iPhone 6s. The Hamilton logo/ an action shot of a Chicago Blackhawk (probably Hossa, knowing this dweeb.) The solo from “Stairway to Heaven”. A goal horn. Not yet, he doesn’t, but he will. Pokémon Go, the news app.

He’d be out and about, trying to help people who want nothing more than to keep them and theirs safe, but who might not have had time or resources to properly set up shelter.

…he played hockey. And was in the theatre. I mean. Not necessarily on purpose, but yeah. At least a lil bit.

He also has personal experience with accidents that directly followed some uneducated fool repeatedly uttering the name of… the Scottish play in the midst of preparations for another (Death of a Salesman. Junior year of high school. Bad news all around. They did manage to eke out a decent enough show, though. So. Y’know.)

Squishing the names together: Adiver? Olam? Those sound like Skyrim NPCs. Heh.

Maybe Blond Redhead? Hehe, wait, Chilly Pepper. Because Adam’s an ice king and he got pepper sprayed? And Oliver’s got red hair? And if you bite into him hard enough, he can get spicy!

…um. Yeah.

…bleh. I don’t have the imagination for this.

Mild annoyance and disgust. If it were a spider, he’d leave the thing be because, as disgusting as those little creatures are… and as much as he wants to smash it, they’re good for keeping other bugs at bay. Right? And if it’s out and about, it’s probably not venomous or all that dangerous. Or… well. He thinks. He’s not a bug scientist. Entomologist? Or whatever the spider equivalent of that shit would be.

The roach wouldn’t get squished, either. It’d get scooped onto a paper plate or something and then flung unceremoniously out the window. So it might die, but then it would be gravity’s fault. Ugh. He’d still feel a little bad.

15. If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?
A combination of gestures, writing shit down, texting, using his phone’s note app and showing it to the person he’s trying to talk to, using text-to-speech…

16-30

He’s down either way, so long as nobody’s seriously injured. He prefers the more subtle kinds of pranks, though. He’s always wanted to do that thing where you move all the furniture in someone’s room 2cm to the left once a week or so over a long period of time. Buuuuut… would that really count as a “prank,” though? Or is that more like subtle psychological fuckery? Hmmm…

“The cold! 'Cause you can layer up like crazy, but you can’t strip down any further than your skin.” He thinks for a moment. “Unless you get Buffalo Bill to help you?” He shrugs.

18.After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?
His first instinct would be to call Rebecca and get everything situated. But then he would begin to consider how trying to change things too much might fuck with reality or whatever – but, wait, doesn’t my being here, now, knowing what I know already prove that reality’s kind of fucked? – and then he’d wonder if he’d actually be able to change things or if this was some vicious thing where he would have to relive the entire ordeal and not be able to effect any sort of meaningful change. And then he’d wonder if this was the universe’s overdramatic way of telling him that he plays absolutely no part in the proceedings of life, to which he’d respond “no shit.” And then he’d get fixated on all the ways his meddling could royally fuck this shit up because he doesn’t know what to do with this kind of high-level bullshit.

And then he’d bite the bullet and confront Rebecca when she shows up at the station. And then he’d go to the warehouse that evening and let UB know that he knows. Who knows how it would go from there?

Not me.

“I imagine it kind of depends on saliva production and how long you let the thing chill in your mouth between licks. Also, how hot it might have been because a hot Tootsie Pop is a soft Tootsie Pop. I’m more of a Blow Pop kind of guy, though, to be honest.”

20. Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle it?
He is much too excited about a situation where people’s lives are in danger. And he admits that he should probably call someone–

“I should call Adam or something. Man, he’d absolutely flip!” His smile fades. “Yeah, he’d flip. And then he’d probably tell me to do something sensible like wait for help to arrive and keep out of trouble. But.” Pfft. “People’s lives are in danger now.” He puts his phone away. “Eh, he’ll probably see this shit on the news anyway. Or… something. People’ll find out somehow. And the cavalry will arrive.”

And then he goes off to save lives. Which he does. Because by this point, he’s probably seen and done some shit.

“I… do not remember taking this picture. Was somebody creeping on me?” He glances around nervously.

Honestly. He’d probably actually be an honest cop or government agent or some shit trying to stop them, always only seemingly one step behind (having been waylaid by dishonest coworkers), but then he shows up in time to stop them only to get shot or something when he refuses to take a bribe or whatever. I just can’t see him as part of a heist.

None that he can recall. And none at all, in actuality.

He’d be kind of amused. Unless he dreamt someone died and it happened. Then he would be flipping the fuck out at himself. (“I literally saw it happen and I didn’t do anything to prevent it. What the fuck, what the–”)

If he saw Adam in a dream and then met him and remembered that he’d already “met” in a dream…he’d shake his head, try not to think anything of it, but keep coming back to it during those quiet moments. Maybe wondering “does it mean anything? Nah.” But kind of unintentionally hanging onto it.

24. Your MC is approached with the following offer:

He regards the being in front of him.

Thinks: “Yeah, no…I’m already hip-deep in trying to sort out all my bullshit as it is. I don’t need to introduce a whole new thing to factor into things. I’m good. Or, well, not good, but–”

Actually says: “Nope. But, thanks, I guess?”

Full sentences. Proper punctuation. Proper spelling, but sometimes autocorrect is the enemy, and he might send things off a touch too quickly. May use too many commas, but that’s life, right? Will occasionally use acronyms because, honestly, “gdi” and “god damn it” carry different energies.

Abhors emojis 'cause “they’re fucking ugly. Seriously.

Pretty punctual about texting people back.

“Oh. Well. Shit. Can I turn this down or–”

“No.”

“…fuck. Okay. I’m gonna need a better chair for my desk, then. Since I imagine this shit is gonna involve an assload of sitting. …wait.”

I don’t know necessarily about despises, but…

Them: “Curiosity killed the cat, you know!”
Oliver: regards them blankly, says evenly " then I’ll be sure to pass the message along to any cats I happen to see. Now, if you’ll excuse me…" -goes off to sate his curiosity-

He also hates cliches when they’re all he can come up with when trying to write, like, poetry and junk. Otherwise, he’s chill with them.

28.Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?
“No, see, I’d be some extra in the movie of someone else’s life.” He thinks for a moment. “So whomever… whomever, right? Whomever. As long as they don’t do something stupid like sweeping the air or something. But…wait, that’d probably be an accurate depiction of me. Hmmm.”

He stands in the center of the space, arms stretched wide as if trying to indicate the whole of creation. He looks slowly from side to side, taking eternity in, eyes finally settling on mine… and then his face lights up with a triumphant grin.

“No. One. Cares,” he says, slowly – emphatically-- and then his arms drop loosely to his sides.

I cock my head to one side, then take a step. And then another. His smile fades into a look of mild curiosity as I walk to stand scant inches in front of him, and then he flinches ever so slightly as I bring my hands up to cradle the sides of his head, “idiot sandwich” style. I smile.

“But. I. Do,” I reply, just as slowly. Just as emphatically.

His eyes widen, but otherwise he’s stock still as he stares at me. Then his mouth opens, the breathy promise of a spoken first syllable of some word forces its way from his throat, but then he’s gone. Our exchange is complete.

30.Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?
“I guess this is what they meant by Oliver…” -sunglasses- “…or nothing. … Wait. Shit. Are those my last–”

[He glares at me. “I’d never say anything that fucking stupid. Give me a little credit.”]

(Actually, it’d probably be something closer to:

"you’d better do yourself a fuckin’ favor and forget all about me, you gorgeous fool.

…and…" he smiles “…but if you don’t… don’t you ever forget I love you.”)

4 Likes
What’s your MC’s social media presence like? If they have any.

Henriette uses Facebook. She writes about fashion and food (she’s a fashionista and a foodie), and has lots of pictures of the latest styles and best places to dine in.

If they could see any one band/artist in concert – living or dead – who would they choose to see?

Maroon 5. Henriette especially likes their songs on relationships.

How would they respond to being approached by/coming across an obviously lost child?

Henriette doesn’t really like children, but I suppose she won’t be heartless if she encounters a lost child. She’ll ask the child their name and the names of their parent, then she’ll bring them to the information counter to announce that there’s a lost child named {name} and could the {parent’s name} come to collect their child. If the child is crying, she’ll probably also buy them an ice-cream to placate them.

Describe their body type.

She is slim and has straight body shape, with long slender limbs and a narrow waist.

Are they persnickety about grammar/spelling?

She is pedantic and fastidious when it comes to grammar and spelling. She doesn’t ever want to appear look like an idiot when it comes to speech or writing.

What would they name their child?

Henriette doesn’t want children. But if they had to name their child:
If it’s a girl: Aurelia.
If it’s a boy: Aurelian.
(The origin is from the Latin word meaning gold - so the names has the meaning of golden girl/boy)

What were they wearing when they got snatched by Murphy?

I’m not sure what time of the day it is, but there was mention of “daytime” so I’m guessing it’s either morning or afternoon. Assuming it was morning, maybe just after breakfast or so, Henriette would be wearing a silk chemise and a silk robe. (I know it’s the best getaway clothes, but hey, she didn’t expect Murphy and thralls to attack that day)

If, shortly after meeting UB, you were to tell your MC that they’ll eventually end up with their RO, how would they respond? Would that response change if you told them that just after the end of Book 1?

If she was told that she’ll eventually end up with her RO shortly after meeting UB, she would be in disbelieve and would probably scoff at the idea. If told after the end of Book 1, she would probably be slightly pensive, but would eventually shake her head and let out a small laugh.

What are they like to shop with?

Have you ever shopped with a shopaholic? It’ll be something like:

Don’t even bother telling her your feet are hurting, because that’s not a reason to stop shopping.

On the plus side, Henriette has a great sense of style. She also know all the brands from Armani to Zac Posen, and has all their store cards. So you do get good opinions and nice discounts when shopping with her.

"Phone model? Lockscreen/homescreen wallpapers? Ringtone? Text tone? Do they have special tones for specific people? Favorite apps?

Phone model: iPhone, no two ways about it.

Lockscreen:

Homescreen: Her own picture

Ringtone: Kokomo. She loves the feeling the song evokes; “Bodies in the sand, tropical drink melting in your hand. We’ll be falling in love to the rhythm of a steel drum band.” and “Afternoon delight, cocktails and moonlit nights. That dreamy look in your eye, give me a tropical contact high.”

Text tone: “You’ve Got Mail”

Special tone for special people: Yes, one for her mother, one for the police captain.

Favourite apps: Shopstyle, ASOS, GILT… (you get the point; online shopping apps)

In a The Purge-like situation (no laws for however long, probably a bit more involved than that, I’ve never actually seen any of the flicks) how would they act? What would they do?

She will grab a gun and bullets (properly a knife as well for good measure) and hide in the bomb shelter of her house until the whole nightmare is through. While in the bomb shelter, she’ll probably be praying to Jesus, Allah, Brahman, Zeus… (you get the point; all the gods, just in case one doesn’t work out).

Is your MC superstitious in any way?

Well, she says she’s not supersitious… but she does avoid doing things that are bad luck…
Henriette: But that’s only because it’s silly not to avoid bringing bad luck upon yourself when you can obviously avoid it, right?

Extra silly question!: what would your MC/RO’s ship name be?

Henriette: Yes, that is a silly question. I refuse to dignify that with an answer.

How would they handle seeing a spider or cockroach in their room?

She actually likes spiders. So if she sees one in her room, she gently pick it up and bring it out into the garden downstairs to let it run free.
As for cockroaches, they freak her. So she scream and jump on top of her sofa/bed until the damn thing goes away.

If your MC was to temporarily lose their voice but still had to interact with other people, how would they go about communicating?

She’ll just carry around a notepad and write down what she wants to say.

Would your MC be down with pranking/being pranked? If so, what would their preferred method of pranking be?

She doesn’t prank; she’s far to refined to do that.
If she’s being pranked, she outwardly take it in good humour, but secretly be cursing inside.

Do they prefer the heat or the cold? Any particular reason why?

She loves the heat. She especially loves chilling out on the beach on a sunny day.
She hates the cold because it makes the day dreary for her.

After everything goes down with Murphy, your MC comes to in their own bed. They go to check their phone only to find that it’s the morning of the Janet Greenland murder scene. And they remember everything. What do they do?

She’ll think this is all a dream and won’t do anything at all; things like that just don’t happen. In this “dream”, her first reaction will be to groan. Loudly. Because she knows she is going to have to see a gruesome murder scene again.

How would they answer this age old question: “how many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?”

Henriette: I…I don’t eat Tootsie Pops. What is that anyway?

How would they react to discovering that they’re the hot new meme of the moment?

Henriette: Oh god, what are they talking about me? Are they laughing about me? Is anything bad being said about me? And oh, how do I look in the picture? *frantically searches for meme*
After finding meme
Henriette: Oh well that doesn’t actually look so bad. At least the picture of me is flattering, and the joke is pretty humorous…
OR
Henriette: Oh my freaking god. That’s awful. That joke is so insulting, and couldn’t they have use a better picture of me. *hyperventilates, desperately searches for a way to take down the meme*

Your MC is in a Die Hard situation… and they’re John McClane. How do they handle things?

She has completely no combat skills, so she won’t be able to fight her way through. She has very good people skills, so she’ll probably try to talk her way through. (Not sure if that will work though)

If your MC was in a heist flick, which role would they fill?

I actually took a quiz for Henriette to answer this question.
Mastermind: The leader of the crew. Have an eye for detail and a hand for leadership. A good talker and can find a way to get out of anything. Mind of the heist.

Does your MC have any experience with prophetic dreams – whether they’re predicting something mundane or something exceptional? If they did have a dream of something a bit more off the wall that ended up coming true, would they think anything of it? Would they think anything about having dreamt about their RO prior to meeting them?

No prophetic dreams.
If she dreams of something a bit off the wall, she probably won’t be too concerned; she understands that such oddities in life somethings happen.
If she dreams about her RO prior to meeting him, she’ll probably smile and be a little curious about dreaming of a hot guy, but she’ll think nothing more of it.

Your MC is approached with the following offer: pick any one of your strengths or weaknesses to give up. In return, a coin shall be flipped: heads means you get a new strength of choice, tails means you get a new weakness of choice. Would they take the offer? If yes, what would they give up? What would they choose for either heads or tails?

Henriette: Why would I take such a silly offer? I’m already perfect!

What is your MC’s texting style? Do they abuse emojis? How quick are they to respond to texts?

She’s the type to writes in full sentences and uses correct punctuation. She’s also the kind to write a wall of text just to explain her message clearly.
She doesn’t often use emojis; she finds it easier to just type what she’s feeling than searching all over for the emoji.
She replies to texts pretty quick… unless she’s shopping.

If your MC were declared God-Emperor of Earth, what would be their first order of business?

Appointing a team of advisors and ministers - to leave the problems to more capable hands.

Are there any common expressions/phrases/cliches/so on that your MC absolutely despises?

“With all due respect”.
Henriette: *frowns* It’s annoying because it’s almost always coupled with an insult or unsolicited advice; this phrase is a smarmier way to say, “Prepare to be disrespected.” It’s a weaselly and offensive cliché used by arrogant, petulant people.

All pick-up lines
Henriette: *scrunches her face* They are just lame.

Who would your MC want to play them in a movie of their life?

Nina Dobrev (The Vampire Diaries girl) - she suits Henriette with her long dark brown hair, doe-like dark brown eyes, and slender physique.

If your MC were to say one thing to you right at this moment, fully aware of your role in their creation/continued existence, what would they say? And how would you respond?

Henriette: Thanks for making me so perfect!
Me: *awkward silence*Yeah… about that…

Your MC is about to go out like the badass action hero they definitely are. What would they want their final words to be?

I’m not so sure about the whole badass action hero thing. But her last words will be:
To Rebecca
Henriette: I love you so much, Mom.
To RO
Henriette: Please… forget me.

4 Likes

Hmmm… now this got me wondering what has N lost…

4 Likes