The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

I don’t feel super confident answering the ones about UB, but about my MCs:

Answers

Ilya and Auren are night owls. Tadhg and Stephan are early birds.

Ilya is a GIANT NERD and nerds out as a hobby. Auren plays strategy board games - chess, Chinese checkers, etc. Tadhg wouldn’t know hobbies if they bit him in the ass. That would imply not-working for ten minutes. Stephan whittles.

Ilya wouldn’t think to ask, so A would have to pop the question there. Auren would be confused if M proposed and would never do so herself. Tadhg would totally propose. Stephan … wouldn’t even think of marriage as being relevant? "Together’ is all he cares about. He wouldn’t object, but he wouldn’t think of it, either.

Ilya bites her nails and fidgets a lot. Auren doesn’t have nervous anything, just ask her, she’ll tell you. Tadhg drums his fingers. Stephan … actually whittles when he’s nervous, if he has the option.

I don’t have quotes. <.< Sorry.

And on the vein of the earlier conversation about accents, 1, for anyone interested, there’s actually a rather good tour of some American accents broken down by sound here, and 2, what accent (in whatever language you envision your MC speaking) does your detective have? We know UB’s, at least to some extent (A is “British”, F is “American”, which I believe I saw narrowed to Louisiana specifically, but don’t quote me because I can’t remember for sure, M has one the MC can’t identify, and N is clearly just very adept at adjusting theirs to match the area they’re in.) What’s your MC’s?

3 Likes
Finally got time to answer! At least for my MCs

What do you headcannon as UB and/or your MC’s favorite scents?

Rin likes earthy smells, the smell of tea, and spicy scents.

Samir likes floral smells, fresh smells like lemon and citrus, and sweet smells.

Is your MC a Night owl or Early bird?

They both tend to be Early Birds, but Samir is more the typical Early Bird whos wide wake, Rin just like how quiet it is in the mornings.

Does your MC(s) have a hobby? If so, what is it?

Samir likes video games, especially RPGS, and other nerdy things like DnD, fantasy movies and books, and even used to cosplay when he had more time for it. He also likes taking care of plants and does a lot of volunteer work.

Rin likes to exercise a lot, more cardio stuff like jogging than strength training, she also likes to do stuff like Yoga and kickboxing. She also likes to read and really loves old movies and tvs shows. She also likes to go camping, take hikes, or other outdoorsy things.

Between your MC and their LI, which one would be the one to pop the question? Do they even have the desire to marry?

Samir wants to get married but with Mason he probably wouldn’t pop the question himself unless he was pretty sure Mason wanted to get married too, more out of consideration to Mason’s feelings than anything else. He’d probably be willing to propose to Adam but it would probably be after they discussed it.

Rin is pretty neutral to the idea of marriage, if it happens that’s fine, if it doesn’t that’s fine too. Her LI, Felix or N would probably have to be the one to pop the question because she probably wouldn’t even think to, even if the topic had come up and they agreed that getting married seemed like a good idea. Though she wouldn’t be against proposing herself if that’s what she thought her LI wanted.

Does your detective have a tick or nervous habit?

Samir will bite his lip or tap things against his mouth or cheek pencils, pens, forks, stuff like that or he’ll play with his hair and let it fall into his face. He almost might blabber a bit. Rin drums her fingers or paces. She almost might, like, hide behind something, not totally but she would feel more comfortable sitting behind a desk or at a table or stand behind a door a bit.

Quote from your detective?

Samir: “It costs nothing to be kind.”

Rin: “Uh-huh…”

Rin doesn’t talk a lot

4 Likes
I answered as many as I could.

I don’t think M or F would have the patience to paint. Maybe a paint-by-the-numbers with F?

N and A almost certainly went to some fancy boarding school, and I’m pretty sure learning to paint was a requirement at those things–especially for Nat and Ava, since it was one of the few hobbies women were allowed to have.

I think A, considering how technical they are and how thorough would paint really nice landscapes, the kind that you can see dozens of times and still newly notice little details, like a flock of birds in the distance or the shadows of fish beneath the surface of a pond. I don’t think they paint often, however. Because it’s not “practical” and A hates fun.

N probably paints really good portraits, with expressive faces. They’re good with people and handling and recognizing emotion. They paint more often because god knows they need a stress-reliever.

What do you headcanon as UB and/or your MC’s favorite scents?

Zoe likes fruity smells or sickly sweet ones–perfumes with names like “Candy Apple” and stuff. Emma is alright with perfumes, but she prefers more natural smells, like that smell of silt when you’re near a creek or a river, or the smell of the forest just after a heavy storm.

Is your MC a Night owl or Early bird?

Zoe is both. Sleep is for when you’re dead. Emma is one of those people who are annoyingly chipper in the morning. She crashes around 10pm every day.

Does your MC(s) have a hobby? If so, what is it?

Emma likes doing quiet things that let her relax, like crocheting. Zoe likes pick-up sports, but she has no hand-eye coordination.

Between your MC and their LI, which one would be the one to pop the question? Do they even have the desire to marry?

Emma is pursuing Morgan, so she’d have to be the one to do it, if it were done. However, she’s very shy, so I don’t think it would happen. One of them would just end up living in the other’s place one day and they would just…continue on like nothing happened. Emma would be OK with that.

Zoe–oh, man–you know those videos of lesbian couples accidentally proposing to each other at the same time? I think that is what would happen with her and Farah.

5 Likes

Cute question!
I think N would actually be a very skilled artist. M, if forced to draw/paint, would probably draw very suggestive pictures. F, lol. And A, probably will use this as a chance to express his anger, so probably an unintelligible picture.

N:

M:

F:

A:

9 Likes

Believe it or not, M is very much the artist type: depressing and disencourage others, don’t trust human or should I say anybody by large. Extremly telanted with his or her own abilities and with hell a lot of self-confidence. I mean just see Picasso and you will know it is true. Anooying selfish guy that carefree about other’s feelings, but somehow deep down his heart loves humanity by his own twisted way.:sweat_smile:

5 Likes

First, @blackmeow your comment made me laugh super hard this morning, so thank you for that.

Second,

I think this means the Agency has an office groupchat and I am here for it.

11 Likes

When F is bored they just send emojis. To everyone. Several employees block them on and off (every now and then they’re asked to unblock for work reasons until the next spam wave.)
M’s messages are sometimes hardly readable when the profanity filter kicks in and censors everything.
People think A is constantly annoyed(very brusque replies) but that’s just how they type.
N hasn’t even logged in to it once.

9 Likes

Yeah, they should have one, I mean F is the guy that even races sports car by foot, this kind of guy or girl will never pass on some cool new chatting platform to just see how much fun he or she can get from ‘the new thing’.

1 Like

Looking at that ask, now is when everyone at the agency is glad that F doesn’t know about memes.

But that makes me think… If F was introduced to memes by MC, do you think they would create memes related to the echo world and share it with other natives of the world that would laugh very hard at them, while the rest of the world can’t get any of it? :joy:

13 Likes

“In my dimension, this is hilarious!”–F

7 Likes

Oh yeah, absolutely! Every community has its own inside jokes, and if they’re part of the 21st century, then of course they’re gonna have memes!

I mean, look at us. We’re a small tight-knit community with access to the internet. We already kinda have our own memes with Suavewell and Angst du Mortain and F’s inability to tell the difference between dogs and other animals. If you were to mention any of them to a stranger you’d just get blank looks from them, like the non-Echolian Agents would.

Of course, this would require F being unblocked from all the other Agents because they probably have a habit of sending gifs or memes instead of replies.

F’s Phone: [One New Message]

Agent: Agent Hauville, your report on the Murphy Incident was due yesterday. Please deliver your report to your handler ASAP.

F: [One Attachment]

Agent: Agent Hauville, your report on the incident is incredibly important we need to---

ad64b446-0e0e-4db4-aeec-ec56267f0f39

Agent: Agent Hauville, I will have no choice but to inform Agent Rebecca of your inability to perform---

yall%20mind%20if%20i%20scREAM

Agent: I'm begging you.

(X)%20Doubt

Agent: [BLOCKED]

[later]

Rebecca: Agent Hauville, why haven’t you turned in your report?

F: Hmm, that’s odd, I sent it in…

Rebecca: [sigh] Was this before or after everyone blocked you?

F: >:3c You have no proof!

35 Likes

F is our Chaotic Neutral Darling and they are a blessing.

16 Likes

Hey, everyone I’m back N̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶i̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶e̶ and I made this shitty Adam gif (I had to split it into two because of the cursed size limit)

Summary

20180624_010335

20180624_004713

16 Likes

Not sure if anyone will read this msg. First post for me on this forum.

Just wanna say I’m a big fan of this series. Love the dynamic between the characters, the romance (without it being too cringy), lots of choices even just for dialogues. Will certainly keep my attention to the future books.

P/S: M for life.

11 Likes

You have a fantastic taste.

8 Likes

Love this series already. Have no idea how I’m going to survive the wait for book 2 X_X

1 Like

Your name check out.
Comrade!

1 Like

A potentially fun question for y’all: what did your detective(s) study in college?

to answer my own question: psychology for Val (focus on children’s counseling), medicine for Keiji (but his true area of interest was in linguistics), medicine for Tanwen as well (and a genuine interest for her), and civil engineering for Jay

4 Likes

Was browsing through the web and this image just reminded me of Nate with the MC in the hospital:

“ Nate turns and suddenly strides towards me, steps swaying with confidence, shoulders back and broad chest forward.

A smirk sits comfortably on his lips as he advances, handsome features smoothed into a half-lidded expression that I can’t help but think is the very definition of ‘bedroom eyes.’ When he comes to stop before me, dark eyes cast down to meet mine, I think my knees might give out completely.”

4 Likes

Young, Bright-Eyed Charlotte: I’m gonna be a writer or something! We’ll see! [declares a liberal arts major]

[two awkward sorta breakups later]

Slightly Older, Dead-Eyed Charlotte: I don’t wanna talk about it. [majors in biology]

6 Likes