The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

limburgs

as in, a nice standard dutch accent for N and a Limburg dialect for F. Or maybe a v plat brabants regional accent, those are also awful

2 Likes

…

What the fuck is that accent. Omg I can’t understand most of it hahaha.

@Hannah_Minger Yeah, I also use dead as very, to me the manchester accent is not only about the different words, but the wildly different pronunciation of some words. For example, water, like in the video. Without context I would have no idea what they are talking about.

3 Likes

You and me both!

God, I wonder if N has been F’s English teacher from the get-go? Like, just imagine that.

N: [In Echolian] Hello F, I’m Agent Sewell. I’ll be teaching you English.
F: [incomprehensible]
N: Oh shit, are you having a stroke?

13 Likes

Yes that could work as well… XD I love his voice as well… :blush:

I went and re-read Hannah’s post and I can’t seem to get the joke. hahaha… ^^; My mind must not be functioning very well right now… X-X

N would talk like a properly educated Filipino who use very deep Tagalog words with loaned Spanish words and don’t mixed English and Tagalog in their sentences.
F would probably talk Taglish (Tagalog plus English) in their sentences. XD

We do have a wide variety of dialects though but I can’t seem to imagine them talk like that. =D

2 Likes

@resuri08 imagine F having Batangueno accent :joy:

2 Likes

…I’m getting over a cold and this just made me snort so hard I snotted on myself…so…thanks.

8 Likes

:sunglasses: :point_right: :point_right:

7 Likes

Random questions~ (A lot of these are probably answered in asks, but I want opinions.)((Huh, I asked fewer UB questions then I thought I would.))

Do you think anyone in UB can draw or paint? If so, who? What would they draw/paint?
What do you headcannon as UB and/or your MC’s favorite scents?
Is your MC a Night owl or Early bird?
Does your MC(s) have a hobby? If so, what is it?
Between your MC and their LI, which one would be the one to pop the question? Do they even have the desire to marry?
Does your detective have a tick or nervous habit?
Quote from your detective?

My thoughts

I can kinda picture A drawing a bit, seems like something they wouldn’t be keen to share though. Probably sketches of buildings and/or nifty looking cars. N would likely be the painter. Landscapes and the occasional portrait. The thought of M nude drawing is funny, but I don’t really see them caring enough to bother.

Emma-Coffee Hayden- Gasoline Casandra- Sugar/Baked goods
Dunno for UB…

Emma would be somewhere in the middle, she doesn’t like to stay up super late but it takes her a while to get moving in the morning.
Hayden is up all night to get lucky. :stuck_out_tongue:
Cassandra is an early bird through and through. She loves waking up early enough to watch the sunrise with a cup of tea or coffee.

Emma plays the guitar (never in front of anyone) and is a pretty good cook. I can picture her just cooking when she’s bored, probably giving it to Tina later, to her pleasure.
Hayden plays a lot of pool. She used to hustle people when she was younger, but she just does it for fun now…mostly. Also used to street race which she also no longer does, but damn is she tempted. She loves kids and I can actually see her babysitting for fun. She’d probably spoil Verda’s kids rotten. Otherwise I see her taking loads of naps. She also very much enjoys her alcohol.
Cassandra loves to read, and is an avid stargazer. She likes to go for walks in the park just to enjoy the scenery. She’s also a huge mythology nerd. I can also kinda see her dabbling in photography.

Emma would not ask Ava to marry her, I just don’t think it’s something that would really cross her mind. She wouldn’t say no if asked, but it’s not something she’d think about… (…she’d probably get pretty emotional if Ava asked though. :blush:)
Hayden would probably joke about marriage a lot, but she wouldn’t really care either way. She might actually die of shock if Morgan asked though, because Morgan.
Cassandra…would actually probably ask Nat to marry her. It would take a while for her to build up the confidence, but in the end she’s manage it. The way I picture it is they go out to dinner, but it doesn’t feel right, so she holds off. Later, as the two are walking home hand in hand, and the sun is setting, she’d ask.

Emma will pace a line through the floor when she’s stressed. If she has to sit down, she can’t sit still, and is always fidgeting. Rubs the back of her neck/runs a hand through her hair when nervous, embarrassed, or flirted with.
Hayden gets more grumpy and aggressively sarcastic when she’s stressed out. If you could weaponize sarcasm…
Cassandra bites her lower lip, and gnaws on her fingers/fingernails. She also tends to get a little teary eyed.

5 Likes

does Star Wars count as a hobby

3 Likes

…yeah probably. :neutral_face:

ezgif-1-8a28c0e5f3

my answers

Do you think anyone in UB can draw or paint? If so, who? What would they draw/paint?

I think N can draw, and well. Not too sure about painting but I think they’re a very accomplished sketch artist.

A- um…
N- uh…
F- er…
M- cigarette smoke
Charlotte- vanilla and roses :relieved:

NIGHT.
OWL.

Star Wars drawing!

She is also a good sketch artist because I am a good sketch artist.

Between your MC and their LI, which one would be the one to pop the question? Do they even have the desire to marry?

Charlotte would prefer to be proposed to, but if I’m being completely honest, she’s also the kind of person to wake up one day, grab a cup of something sit down next to her RO and blurt out, “Wanna get married?” without really thinking but still 100% mean it.

Biting her lip while thinking and shaking her leg while bored.

[insert all the Star Wars quotes…all of them]

6 Likes

I got you, fam :kissing_heart:

Edit: I’ll answer those questions for my MCs in s big when I got a free minute

4 Likes

Coming out of my lurk zone (and I’ve been doin’ just fine) to answer because this is too fun:

Summary

I can see A sketching. A bunch of little sketches of things he likes or finds calming crammed into pages. N strikes me the painting kind, more patient , using soft colours for things he finds beautiful.

Both Vanessa and Eleanore loves sugary sweet smells or flowery scents, Kohaku loves the smell of dirt during rain.

I’ll get M out of the way and say he’s opposed to anything strong.
N is fancy, so a dab of expensive perfume or, if we’re going natural, the scent of waxed wooden furniture to remind him of eras past
A I’d say something homey, bread baking or herbs on a windowsil, he can’t aford to be soft, but certain smells carry a feeling of home (I dunno why I see him like a teddy bear in armor)
F is hard, I cannot pinpoint him

Eleanore is a cheery morning person, Kohaku will get up in the morning (but will grumble about it) mostly out of habbit than choice and Vanessa is a permanently exhausted pidgeon that can’t seem to sleep at a normal hour.

Hobbies: Eleanore watches trashy horror b-movies and deckbuilding games, Vanessa is a movie and music buff and Kohaku loves reading. They would all be down for board games if they can convince anyone to sit down with them, then terrorize the room with how competitive they become.

I can see Vanessa (M) popping the question, but only if it had a practical application in the relationship. Not really the marrying type, she’d probably just ask it while lounging infront of the tv one day, a little too casually “Hey, M, wanna get married?” insert M’s answer here “dope”.
Eleanore (N) wouldn’t care either way as long as she got to be with her LI. If they wanted to marry ok, but don’t let her organise it, she will end up taking it waaayyyy too seriously.
Kohaku (F) is a romantic at heart, he would go all out in planning it weeks in advance.

As for nervous habbits…Eleanore will chew on her fingers.
Vanessa rubs the heel of her hand on her lips
Kohaku tries to pull himself to… well himself. He will stiffen up, his arms stick close to his body and all movements become smaller, his way of trying to feel safe against whatever is causing him stress.

Quotes (I’m gonna use some altered in-game quotes)
Eleanore: “I make my own orders.”
Vanessa: “Stupid is what I do best!”
Kohaku: “Oh joy…it’s you.”

3 Likes

@Dagger1819 Good questions!

Here are my thoughts/answers on the matter:

Fave scents:
Dezh–sandalwood has recently become her favorite scent… for reasons unbeknownst to her ahem.
Nyx–pumpkin pie spice
Wolfe–anything citrus
Jax–chocolate

Early/Late:
Dezh: She’s a night owl, all the way. She hates early, and early is anything before 12 pm to her. She is a bitch in the morning at work, no matter how much sleep she gets. She loves to watch the sun rise, then go to bed!

Nyx: She doesn’t care either way and runs on little to no sleep without trouble.

Wolfe: is a night owl, but not as bad as Dezh. She needs 7ish hours of sleep to function well.

Jax: She’s an early bird and needs lots of sleep. She likes to watch the sun rise, after a good night’s sleep!

Hobbies:
Dezh: Lifting weights and bettering her combat skills–the woman loves to fight, because it works out some of her overly aggressive tendencies and her repressed emotions. Anything that gives her an adrenaline rush or allows her competitive nature to come through. She also takes great interest in things that are sketchy (hotwiring cars, lockpicking, etc.). She has strong musical talents (singing and playing piano), but no one knows that other than Tina.

Nyx: She enjoys training, but she likes spending time doing things that are quieter, too. Hiking is one of her favorite things to do, because nature calms her and centers her.

Wolfe: She likes to drink. She likes to read, preferably sci-fi or fantasy novels. She reads romance novels, but hides that fact from everyone! She also loves to cook, but doesn’t get much of a chance to do it.

Jax: Video games. Lots and lots of video games.

Marriage:
Dezh: She never had the desire before, but she will want to, but Felix would be the only one she spills that information to, and only after she’s been drinking. She’d never pop the question, but if Mason did it (I can picture the scene, too, and it would be hilarious since Mason would be like: “Here’s a ring. Stop looking at me like that. Felix said you want to get married.”) she’d have serious trouble hiding just how freaking happy she was.

Nyx: She’d marry Adam, but she’s fine just being with him from now on without it. She doesn’t share Dezh’s issues of abandonment.

Wolfe: She never thought about marriage, but she will want to with Nate. He’s gonna have to ask, though. She’s not about to do it herself, though she’d totally drop hints to him and try to be subtle about it.

Jax: She literally couldn’t care less about marriage, but she’d totally marry Felix if he wanted to do so. Or if she ended up pregnant!

Ticks/nervous habits:
Dezh: If she’s upset/angry/sad/scared, she paces like a caged animal or goes out and drives like a maniac (she needs the adrenaline rush). If she’s uncertain, she chews her lower lip. If she starts feeling emotional and can’t escape by pacing or driving, she has what I refer to as ‘robot mode’ which she sometimes has to achieve by digging her nails into her palms until the pain helps her get there.

Nyx: Her ticks are rubbing the back of her neck and clearing her throat. It’s the only indication she gives that something is wrong with her.

Wolfe: Cracks her knuckles repeatedly and plays with matches (she doesn’t smoke, but she carries them around and likes the smell of sulfur).

Jax: Has no ticks or nervous habits. She’s totally chill.

A quote:
Dezh: “I don’t dance. Unless it’s with death, and that’s only so I can spit in its face.”
Nyx: “If you don’t think before you leap, you just may leap into a pile of crap.”
Wolfe: “If you fear nothing, then you love nothing, and if you love nothing, then you may as well be dead.”
Jax: “Did someone mention a party?”

2 Likes

pokes head up from trash pile
Questions, y’say?

(I didn’t touch UB because I. Don’t. Knoooow. :[)

Not a book! For once!

(Is about Oliver Westwood.)

Your MC’s favorite scents?
Gasoline. also, eventually, Adam, but it’s far too early to even mention that. Ha ha ha.

Homeboy likes to think he’s got the makings of an early bird - he’s consistently up before the asscrack of dawn to get to work on time for being early, after all!- but he functions far better at night. And that’s not just because of the insomnia! Not… Not at all.

Cultivating an image of being completely and utterly boring, uninteresting, fade-into-the-background-esque. He’s not quite as good at it as he thinks he is. Also, don’t tell anyone, but he likes to sing, read, write poetry, do things with his hands (mess with lockpicks for gits n shiggles, tinker with electronics, origami, just kind of take stuff apart and put it back together in general. Fix stuff, I guess?)

Is gonna be Adam. Homeboy wouldn’t even really realize that marriage is an option for him, and when he finally did consider it, he’d overthink things like a motherfucker and never get around to actually popping the question. He’d be so down with the whole marriage thing if Adam asked, though. After he got over his initial confusion. (“Ha, you’re kneeling on the ground, did you drop something? Oh, good, you found it! Aaand it’s a ring! That’s a really nice ring. I don’t know from rings, but that looks really nicely made. And you’re saying words. And I am DEFINITELY missing something here. Shit.”)

He always has to be moving in some capacity anyway. Usually, that entails doing something with his hands. Clicking pens. Fidgeting with stuff just kinda in general. Doodling. Gesturing as he talks. Running his fingers through his hair. This all gets far more pronounced/frequent/noticeable as he gets more and more nervous. Also, his inner monologue slowly becomes an outer monologue, mumbled feverishly as he tries to outthink his nerves. He paces when he’s trying to think something out anyway so expect a lot of that to accompany his monologuing.

“Patience is a virtue.” -five minutes later, thing happens- -dude runs off to join the fray Leeroy Jenkins style-

3 Likes

I like these questions. My answers are under the cut!

My Answers

A- Yes, if only because they’re competitive and I can see at some point in history someone calling them out on it.
N- No, but does try and finds it enjoyable regardless of skill. Probably a big appreciator of art.
F- Yes but only in short bursts. Very colorful, very abstract.
M- No but probably could if somehow convinced. We all know the kind of art M would try.

Blaire likes citrusy scents! Not a big fan of berry smelling things. Also enjoys soft subtle scents. Content with glade air freshners, but probably has a few candles lying around for aesthetic purposes.

Sienna prefers strong scents, so the smell of coffee and chemicals. Likes earthy smells as well and probably has incense stashed somewhere in her home and office.

Blaire is a Night Owl. He’s one of those people who gets more active as the sun goes down. He has tried adjusting his sleeping schedule to be semi-normal, but at this point it’s just far too late.

Sienna is a Early Bird! She’s all about being healthy, so having a consistent sleep schedule and not staying up too late is important to her. Being a detective makes that difficult sometimes though.

Blaire’s is music and art! Since a young age, he’s been very creatively inclined and took up a lot of music and art classes. Originally before he decided to be a detective he was well on his way to becoming a musician (he plays a wide range of instruments, sings, and writes/composes songs). In terms of art, Blaire prefers dry mediums like sketching and charcoal to wet mediums such as paints. But he can do both.

Sienna’s is working out! While she doesn’t like fighting, she enjoys being fit and staying in tip top shape. She works out two-three times a week depending on her schedule. She’s also a big reader, but for nonfiction literature. Documentaries are also a thing she enjoys.

Blaire doesn’t want to get married, not really anyways. It’s just something he decided a long time ago probably wouldn’t ever happen, so marriage has never really been something that occurred to him. He also doesn’t think marriage should be the definition of an everlasting relationship. Between him and Mason, Mason would have to pop the question because it wouldn’t even register to Blaire.

Sienna wants to get married. She likes of marriage and what it means and what it could stand for. She believes in true love and the likes. She even has tiny details planned out such as what season, where she would like to be held, etc. Nate would have to be the one to propose though, she’s old school and simple like that.

Blaire’s is crossing his arms, and clenching his teeth. Unable to look people in the eye.

Sienna’s is playing with her hair, hiding her face, playing with her clothes.

Will update once I figure some out!

1 Like

You asked some good questions… i hope its not too late to answer them.

Under the cut

I have a feeling none of them can draw…well maybe N can and A… to some degree.

I actually don’t know, i don’t think UB have a favorite scent and i don’t think any my mc’s do either.

I actually don’t know, i really didn’t develop them so i guess its a in between for most of them.

Alex/lilith(N):umm yeah… their hobbies might be too inappropriate for this thread(or any thread really.)
Jean(F): their hobby consists of yelling at people. Sounds boring at first but when you do it so many times you get to see the fun in it (i just noticed how dirty that sounds.)
Michael/Michaela(A): selfies, they don’t care what time of the day it is they are going to take one.
Elijah/Elisa(M): they are avid readers who used to work at a library, so reading takes up most of their time.

Alex/lilith(N): they have no desire to get married but if they did they’ll be the ones to pop the question. (But i’ll hate to see what their desired wedding would be…)
Jean(F): they never thought about marriage, they don’t see themselves as marriage material, so it something they can’t see themselves doing. ( but if we ignore that they wouldn’t care who pop the question as long as they’re happy.)
Michael/Michaela(A): Of course they would get married, think of how many photos, selfies and memes they can make at their wedding. (And they most definitely would pop the question.)
Elijah/Elisa(M): they definitely would want to get married, they’re an traditionalist so Elisa (even if M a girl.) would probably wait untill M pops the question and Elijah would probably pop the question(even if M a boy.)

Only two of them do, Elijah/Elisa(M) panics when their nervous and usually have to go somewhere quite (if you count that as a habit.) Michael/Michaela(A) when nervous usually have to tap on something with something to keep them at ease(they so hyper most of the time,so nervousness usually don’t ring a bell to them.)

I’m finally finshed and i leaned something today its hard to write on the phone (how do people text these days.)

It mostly just takes practice. Sort of like using a keyboard but on a smaller scale. Autocorrect also helps a lot. And, with typing blocks of words, you’ll need enough time to craft what you have to say.

1 Like
Summary

“Bubbly” Kira likes citrus and warm scents.
She is an early bird
I picture her as having a similar personality to Jess from New Girl. So she would be really into knitting and other crafts.
The LI and Yes.
She bites her lip or plays with her hair.

2 Likes

M might be good at this because it’s a quiet, relaxing sort of exercise. I’d also like to think of N as wanting so badly to do it, but unable to draw more than stick figures.

MC asks N to join them for a wine and paint class
MC: I think I did OK. Let me see yours.
N: Oh it’s nothing compared to your painting. Shall we head home?
MC: But what fun is it if we don’t show our work?
N: sweats I’d really rather not.
MC: Don’t be silly, I’m sure it’s wonderful. I mean, there’s nothing you’re not spectacular at
N: sighs

shows painting

pug

MC: Oh… that’s… struggles to stifle laughter is this a vampire dog?
N: breaks canvas in half Oops, clumsy me. Haha, let me go get you some more wine.

But who am I kidding, N is like a master at everything so probably they’re great at it.

My Other Answers

Alice: Wood, earthy scents
Emma: Lavender, subtle flowery scents
Luca: Chocolate lol

Emma: Night Owl
Alice: Night Owl
Luca: Early Bird

Emma: Cooking, yoga, do it yourself projects
Alice: MMA, watching sports and playing them, studying anatomy
Luca: Singing, plays guitar, camping/hiking

Alice would ask Adam, probably just out of nowhere ‘So do you want get married?’. Probably scare the hell out of Adam
Emma would wait for Nate but make sure he knows she’s interested and wants it.
Luca would ask Morgan, probably take her someplace where it was quiet and they were alone. Would probably expect her to need time so wouldn’t panic if she needed time to digest it.

Alice will have to have something in her hands to play with if she’s stressed. Plays with her hair, pens, etc. once stapled her hand by accident.

I can’t think of any XD

8 Likes