The Wayhaven Chronicles General Discussion (SPOILER FREE FOR BOOK THREE!)

F and N as teachersss!!

10 Likes

awk

Sorry, guys :rofl: I’ll make sure and be more careful with photos and spoilers in future! (At least it wasn’t anything too bad spoilered, lol!)

32 Likes

You gotta, your game has made everyone think they’re a detective.

22 Likes

Uh oh. Sorry Sera. I perhaps too hastily assumed it was okay to dissect the photo. We’re excited!

14 Likes

I think you mean you are welcome, Sera. Of all of us you are the only one who feels sorry for spoilering anything :joy:

Spanish here we goooooooo.

8 Likes

Really, is it really a spoiler if it doesn’t spoil the experience cuz, idk about everyone else, but this only made me more hyped so I propose its not a spoiler it’s an exciting tidbit!

6 Likes

God I love this. I also want F to have a bunch of Lisa Frank office supplies. Like Rebecca passes out an important dossier on an escaped supernatural criminal. F neatly places it in a binder that looks like this on front.

13 Likes

Love the colorful house up there^ except the bathroom curtains :laughing:
Also yess!!now our detectives can be acknowledged in game to be bilingual/polyglots!!

5 Likes

Yes. Please. Yes.

I’m sure F and N can teach us a lot of stuff eh? :wink:

(See what I did there)

5 Likes

It would be so cool to be able to bond with N over being bilingual/multilingual!!

Like, I imagine my Detective Ye-jin just being super done with Bobby for All The Reasons and cursing him (loudly) bc she is used to no one understanding her lolol

MC, slams door shut, throws herself into her chair: 그 개샊기 잊어버려, 개는 쓰래기야. . . 개새끼. . . 잊어버려, 예진. . . :triumph:
N, patting her back encouragingly: 무슨 일이야, 괜찮아요?
MC, turning to him in horror:
N: ?? :slight_smile:
MC: dies of embarrassment

24 Likes

But what did you say tho

8 Likes

Oh my…(20 shocked characters)

4 Likes

From what I’ve been able to crudely cobble out of google translate…

그 개샊기 잊어버려, 개는 쓰래기야. . . 개새끼. . . 잊어버려, 예진

“Forget the dog, the dog is broken. . . pup. . . Forget it.”

I’m guessing “dog” is actually an expletive of some kind, as, I presume, is “pup”.

무슨 일이야, 괜찮아요?

“What’s the matter, all right?”

Pretty sure that’s exactly what it appears to be. “What’s the matter? Are you alright?”

Mind you, I do not speak Korean. Not a word of it. This is literally just me abusing google translate.

6 Likes

Yeah, I also used Google translate, but the translation from a native is always best, you get the full meaning that way haha.

1 Like

Did the same and… Maybe Korean culture looks at dogs in a different way than Anglo-American culture does. Like in the sense of street dogs (some animal that roots through the gutters or trash). Sort of like calling them a pig?
Then again, Paragon can answer better than I can.

Thank you M for not being a total asshole.

Also @Mewsly I want to thank you again for this.

4 Likes

Google translate is really useful but also super wonky! 개새끼 (gae sae kki) would basically mean bitch/son of a bitch, and she basically is just like “He’s a stupid SOB, he’s trash, forget him! Such an SOB… just forget about it, girl…” and yeah, N’s was right on the money!

(On that note, imagine an MC trying to teach themselves one of N’s fluent languages as a ~cute new way to flirt hehe~ and they use some light google translating to assist and end up calling N like ‘a comely cardiac arrest’ or something :joy:)

10 Likes

Omg, now I imagine all the MCs that are very composed when speaking English but go.aild when speaking their native language and hahahaha. Now I see why your MC would be mortified :joy:

3 Likes

[inhales]
LATIN

I want to have a conversation with A in Latin so bad now

MC: You know A, we could converse in Latin, I took some classes back in Wayhaven U.
A: Latin? Why would you bother studying a language that no one speaks anymore?
MC: Because I love ancient stuff [wink]
A: …That’s hardly a good use for your talents or time, detective.
MC: Pleeeeaaaassseee?
A: Placere, memento mori MC.
MC: …
A: [poker face]

17 Likes

that gif of N… :sob:
WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU, N?! WHO HURT YOU?!

24 Likes