Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

my favorate section form today:
“Oh, right.” Fishing the pass out of the bag, Semryu had said they might ask for it so he’d given you his old one on the advice you should just flash it quickly and put it back. Unfortunately that doesn’t work, and the Avenea snatches it form your grasp to read it thoroughly.

He squints at it a moment, then arcs a suspicious brow ridge at you. "[i]You[/i] are Semryu Sana?"
		*choice
		 	#"Why yes, yes I am. Problem?"
				The Avenea snorts.
				*if nationality != "Lubreean"
					"You are clearly from ${nationality}."

*if (charm >=45) or ((dexterity >=50) or (montage >= 55))
						"I was [i]adopted[/i]," you quickly retort, trying to sound as offended as possible. "Don't you know anything about Clan families and adoption? Humans are adopted all the time! How dare you question my family linage! My father will hear of this--"
20 Likes

What happens if you are from Lubreean?

1 Like

See? Now this is why my mc needs to enlist the help of some of the theater makeup artists and really work on impersonating Semryu to a tee. :wink:

2 Likes

oh hey, Sem does have a surname!

but seriously that is the FUNNIEST Draco Malfoy impression ever.

7 Likes

He just accepts it if yr stats are high enough; southern Clan Lands is very close to Lubreean and most of them have a strong eastern Asian look. Fun fact: you can usually tell how many generations from the Originals a Clansman is basied on how European their features are (though the Ashoni clan and their direct off shoots is a bit different, as their Originals ancestry was Japanese, European and Peuto Rican.)

6 Likes

Yes, Seem does and it’s one of the few times you can find it in-game :wink:

3 Likes

What if your character is a girl though, won’t it look weird if it says Sem is male in the pass?

Um, the pass doesn’t list gender, just a name. Gender isn’t as big a sticking point in n parts of the WWworld as it is here-- and essp in Tar’citadel putting a gender on anything official would just be considered weird. Heck it might even be considered weird in places where they make a big stink about gender. XD

2 Likes

But the pass does have a picture, right? That would not necessarily reveal the gender, but it does reveal the (preferred) gender presentation.
In any case my mc is fortunate that while he’s super-cute Sem isn’t particularly tall, so he should be able to come up with a decent physical approximation for his impersonation, assuming he could enlist the aid of some of the theater club makeup artists. As with some skillfully applied makeup, hair dye and a borrowed authentic Sem outfit that’s strategically stuffed in all the right places my mc should be able to pull off a decent physical impersonation and I think he can already do a quite good impersonation of Sem’s non-appearance related characteristics such as voice, speech patterns, idiosyncratic physical habits and general mannerisms.
Honestly I’d really like to see Sem’s reaction to my mc really impersonating him with his acting skills.
Maybe if there is going to be more DLC down the line, eh? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think u guys are over-thinking this. XD

3 Likes

I just gotta say, these last few comments have been a life saver while I’m wasting away at the DMV. :joy:

4 Likes

I for one, love how Sem has probably definitely thought through how to sneak into most of the major structures in Tar’Citadel. I’d already been headcanoning something similar, but it’s canon and I am l i v i n g.

And I’m with @idonotlikeusernames, Ravid the Actress would love a chance to show off her range by impersonating Sem! But I can see why the suggestion wouldn’t fly in such a high-risk venture. And she’d totally rock at it too, just fyi. lol Bree bless her. :relieved:

2 Likes

Honestly if it we’re a ‘bigger’ mission I’d consider it, which is why I’m probably going to do disguises for the final climax as an option. :wink: But what the MC is doing ATM is just one of several leads they are running down in what is one of two game plans. I’m already branched to death DX

9 Likes

So then…I shouldn’t expect the option to put on a fake mustache for Ravid’s delivery boy disguise?? :disappointed_relieved: Oh, ok.

jk jk, i understand how small a reconnaissance mission this is. doesn’t mean i can’t have fun imagining it, lol

Also Semryu doesn’t have a mustache XD

1 Like

Yes, but the food delivery boy disguise does!

Maybe???
Possibly???
Pretty please??? :joy::joy:

4 Likes

Puerto Rican here to tell you this makes me embarrassingly happy! It’s quite literally the first time I’ve seen an author that even knows Puerto Rico exists, let alone use our ancestry in their lore! And you’re one of my favorites authors to boot!

2 Likes

So I’ve read a bit about races in your website and it said there is a race of human plants called Niju-Iki and some alien looking race called Solki who feeds on emotional pain. Will these races be in the game? Also there are the Annarites from the middle lands who are considered red and evil, will it be possible for one of them to get accepted into the academy? It would be interesting to see how people react to someone from there and if you could be friends

Yes, Yevette Ashton-- one of the Originals from the Ashoni --is of Puerto Rican, Russian and Chinese decent with an American nationality. And also how the heck does an author not know Puerto Rico exists in this day and age? O.o

@Frogs-- there are no Solki in Tar’citadel, but if you want more on them they come up in small bits in the novels. :wink: And there is a Niju-Iku in the school, your energy empathic teacher in 1. :wink:

And Annarites are addressed somewhat in WWU 3 :wink:

4 Likes

You’d be surprised! I’ve talked with a lot of people who didn’t know it was a thing until after the hurricane. They mostly think it’s a place in Mexico or something.