Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

If I remember correctly, you could also send them an email either with the email or containing the email (I forget) that you used to purchase the games, if you don’t have he receipts.

Actually let me try that out before I go suggesting this to anyone.

So I’m doing another play through to try and get the canon character achievement and it got me thinking about the names. Does everybody use the names from the list provided for their character and Angel Guide? I do for the most part because I like the fact it gives you meanings behind them, like Dwyn is to steal or stealthy and Charmeine is Angel of Harmony.

1 Like

I do, for the most part.
Definitely my canon character is named with the provided list.
It really depends on the kinds of situations and experiences I want to happen to the character, in which case I really min-max everything to guarantee that it’ll happen and honestly? Montage is super freaking useful to have high, so sometimes my characters have original names.

But my canon playthrough character is named Ravid Dalit of Aralim, the best and most prettiest actress in Tar’Citadel (I hope, I don’t mind her coming second to Kess), dumber than (and definitely too weak to lift) a pile of bricks, and friend to everyone (except Clay and Cael).

1 Like

@rose-court lol that’s awesome. One of my alpha readers has a cannon Ravid Dalit who is the Reddest, sleekest, prettiest, most delightfully sly little monster ever to but heads with Jun XD

2 Likes

A really cool dlc would be able to play as all of the 12 races

1 Like

Ooh! Isn’t she one of the pre-made characters in WW2?

If she is then I definitely remember playing her during the the great freakout when saves weren’t transferring over.
I just remember reading that she was in the drama club and I was sold, I was so freaked out to see how cold Jun becomes without your character, but Red Ravid was so much fun to play anyway, it was great.

I mean, she died in my first playthrough because I was having a bit too much fun with her and Jun decided to push me into the ry’tora pit, but it was still super fun nonetheless.

Actually I’m glad you brought her up. It never occurred to me at the time that Sem would have lost his only other friend to a very suspicious circumstance. He was already shaken enough as it was with Illyan being arrested, what would he do after the MC’s death in this scenario?

Would he also try and investigate the MC’s death in addition to trying to free Illyan, or would it be the straw thar broke the camel’s back and he’d be like the Sem we see after Illyan is executed, or would he himself get killed soon after because it seems impossible for him to succeed on his own.

2 Likes

My favorite one to play through as was coincidentally the canon one :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: My go to would usually be Dwyn Dewis and I didn’t really have a set name for my Angel Guide, other than the two most common ones I’d use would be either Charmeine or Sophia. If I use an alternate name for my MC I like to go with Juniper as I like the name and it sounds like something they might use in Nor’wah.

I got intrigued by the given meanings behind the names after I had done way too many play throughs so I went through all of them for the four MC races and the names for the Angel Guides and wrote them all down. Extremely repetitive work because there’s a lot of clicking and restarting to get to them all for male and female and the corresponding AG. And then I took it a step further and matched what abilities I thought fit to each race according to what happens after you pick how you feel about the visions, for example the Ki’ra Kin talks about It was in part because of this silence you never did learn whether those intrusions into animals’ minds were the result of true telepathy, or the result of childhood imagination. while the Tazu talks about It was in part because of this silence you never did learn if these sensations were after-images of previous owners, or the actual storage of information in Way Walker crystals. so Ki’ra must be more inclined to Telepathy and Tazu must be more inclined to Empathy.

And if I’m not mistaken the Nor’wah hair and eye color changed from blonde and blue eyes to redhead and green eyes.

2 Likes

@vampierkid222-- dude, I’m only human XD. But the three that are there are in the works. Promise.

@impeccably-stressed-- yes all four of the saved senerios are different cannons from the main alpha readers. :slight_smile: And yes, Semryu losing the MC is a big deal essp if he was dating the MC at the time.

@Scrivener-- actually the Nor’wah human is more inclined to emotional empathy ( animal connections) and the Tazu Nation human is more energy empathic (reading energy imprinted on crystals) and the Nor’wah human did change, I felt there was too strong a resemblance to Ay’cure(a)

3 Likes

Lies, your a great dragon. A entity of great creation in the cosmos, and we all know it. :grin: Don’t smite us :cold_sweat:

5 Likes

Coming back after ages away, the game is exactly as fun and wonderful as I remember~ So much replay value, depth, worldbuilding, and wonderful characters (oh Sem, I missed you)! I’m third up there with the ‘pretty actress’ as the fav character–Bree/Beleskie/Montage are the highest stats, with Rosin/Rhean trailing. They’re not enough to win most checks on their own, but the high Montage really helps.

Plus it gives me the impression of being a ‘squeak by on luck’ little imp, which is just perfect.

A question I have for the upcoming WW3–is it actually going to be possible to pass the semester with the intellect flaw? I don’t know if I could grind my Ulic back up to normal, but maybe the teachers (excluding Cael obviously, because he’s a dick) will go easier on the poor memory-damaged PC? Or is passing not tied to your Ulic?

Also (and ofc I’m biased) I would love more opportunities to get ‘creative’ with things in the sequel. I remember there was an option, back in the first game, to try and distract Clay with the drakes–more options to use the environment around you would be so nice.

Actually that option with the Drake’s is brand new, one of the additional choices added into book one with the updates. :slight_smile: But I do intend to try to work in more things like that throughout 3.

As far as the memory, yes there will be ways to get around/improve all the flaws, though the act of just getting to finals will be a feat in it of itself lol

3 Likes

I made the list when the game first came out and haven’t updated it since, I think I was going off of the small descriptions for after the visions only as and with all the time spent making the list my brain was mush, I usually did it during class downtime. I never went back to go through again to potentially update until now :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: I had a lot of fun making the list though it kept me entertained to hunt down all the answers

What would be the abilities that resonate for each race then? As you said Nor’wah is inclined towards emotional empathy and Tazu is energy empathic so there’s Lubreean and Aralim left.

I think it shows how much I play the game that I noticed a one sentence detail that changed and who my favorite MC definitely is.

1 Like

I’m glad I’m not the only one who likes to mess with him.

2 Likes

Oooooh! And so how exactly would you see that play out, in each of the races? Does each race typically develop these powers first if they have multiple powers, or are they more likely to develop these powers overall, or more likely to favour them?

And! Completely unrelated question; what sort of careers would a Walker of Montage tend towards? I’m guessing Walkes of Bree would tend to be artists of some description, Walkers of Kubesh would tend to be warriors and fighters, things like that, so what would Walkers of Montage tend to be, if they have any sort of tendancy?

Oh, and since I believe this is my first post on this thread, I’ve got to say; I’m absolutely loving this series so far! The world is absolutey, well, magical, and I love the thought you’ve put into everything! :smile: :sparkles:

3 Likes

Ok, so… to get the achievement of Sometimes when you lose, you win, you have to screw up when saving Jun from her past life, but… I always win? How can I lose? :frowning:

1 Like

More intimate romance chances with Ay’Cura .
Means more physical and intimate scenes

I think there should be a note in the first post with “Ay’cura and Jun are not romance options and will never be” in big bold letters :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

@Scrivener and @Aurore – there actually isn’t a canonically firm definition of which Ability runs stronger for each race-- but there are loose associations that are kinda sterotypes amid everyone. Clan/Okten = Telepaths, Lu’shun/Ki’ra = Emotional Empathics, Iki/Tazu= Energy Empathics, Aveana/Ty’rsat =Precognitives, Mulian = Energy Manipulators Solki/Annarite = ‘no-one knows, whooooo’, and Humans = insane grab-bag that can be nothing or everything approach with caution. For the game, i simply made each human in each area develop one Ability slightly earlier to give diversity to the narrative-- Nor’wah emotional empathy, Tazu Nation energy empathy, Lubreean visual medium and Aralim precognative. ALL Talents tend to develop the empathy and/or medium Abilities first, then Telepathy and Energy Manipulation later, as the Abilities are connected. (energy empathy to energy manipulation and emotional empathy to telepathy). Precognition is completely random, hence its nickname ‘the bastard ability’.

And Montage Walkers tend to be the social justice warriors more often than not.

8 Likes

You have to pick a choice that’s not in-keeping with your strongest skill-set. So if you have a low Dez, try the compassion/healing approach, ect.

4 Likes

I tried it and I seem to win with every choice. I guess I have to get lower stats or something. In the end of the game my only stats lower than 30 were Strength at 25 and Creativity at 28 and I had 68 Montage or something