Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Thank you. :slight_smile: The entire purpose of Jun was to show through the MC just how much our personal influence can affect a person. There was always meant to be just as hard a line for Semryu, but it turned out to be too much to write, and ppl were just waaaay too fond of him XD

4 Likes

hyperventilates at the thought of Sem hating me
I.CANNOT.WITH.THIS.REVELATION.

Anyway, regarding the update!!
I’m really glad you added the scene were your character taes over the Emotional Empathy class for a teensy bit.
I’ve never wanted to be a teacher because I’ve already been an older sister to a very troublemaking boy, and good lord can I relate to the MC having to reign in some kid before he does something ridiculously stupid.

I love you lil bro but you’re not sick, you just stayed up all night playing video games! That headache isn’t illness it’s your body screaming.

Beyond that, I was very pleasantly surprised at the concept of ishmil (I hope I spelled that right).
I’m so used to games just ignoring gender preference in an effort to be more inclusive but the way gender is in the Way Walkers universe is just so refreshing. Instead of being ignored, it’s simply a fact of life that everyone will born as every gender at some point, thus explaining their gender equality, and to have gender neutral people actually considered more spiritually attuned and seen so reverently is hugely refreshing.

It’s hard to explain my thought on this.
In real life it would be great if things like gender and sexuality could be so casually stated, and I can see why people would prefer that to be the case in their escapist video games, but I also like when it’s being called attention to? Because then it gives weight to your gender preference as opposed to having it in the same category as say hair or eye color, if that makes sense? It’s not just a flippant decision for the sake of customization, it’s an identity. And you’ve not only done that, but you’ve made sure it fits in a logical manner to the universe your created. idk, I just really liked the inclusion.

I haven’t finished WW2 yet because I got sidetracked by making tamales, but I did get to the part where you can ask Kess for help in finding an outfit and. I. Loved. It.

I feel bad that I’ve already forgotten her name but I really really liked Kess’ roommate! I legitimately had a grin plastered on my face the entire scene! It was just so entertaining! I thought it was great, and the description for the dresses are so pretty :heart_eyes: it makes me want to draw them.

I haven’t even finished the dance scene yet so that’s about all I can comment on, but so far I think the updates were A+.

5 Likes

Also, has anybody been able to get the “find out the master manipulator” achievement?

1 Like

Pissing off Jun is fun!

3 Likes

Yeah
Spoiler:

It’s Jun’s past self/Jun

Wow, how’d you find that out? I can’t seem to get the achievement. Do you have to be a certain background?

1 Like

@rose-court – I’m so glad you like it. I really wanted to do right by the gender discussion in WW, as it’s a topic that’s become close to my heart as several dear friends and family have come out and transitioned in the past few years. I’m glad to hear that my efforts are something that resonates with you :slight_smile:

@mistylavenda – try also obtaining the “when you lose you win achievement” then get find the tests. :wink:

1 Like

It never occurred to me to actively fail before haha! I always managed to save Jun with no problem.

1 Like

The thing is, you didn’t save him at all, only if you “fail” you can truly save him

2 Likes

Could I get the clarification on that, because I haven’t played these games in ages and always thought I was doing it right.

1 Like

Possibly romance that has more of an impact on the story
more choices in being one of the red.
more consequences for being red.
And PLEASE add an epilogue at the end detailing what happened to the mc and the sub-characters after the events of the main storyline i really want to know what happened to the RO and the others at the end.
And possibly Secret scenes (lol)
(And maybe ROs that are teachers?)
More badass spells such as ‘Red’ magic.

3 Likes

If you “defeat” the master, what actually happens is a ruse. He tricks you into believing he was defeated, but he still there.
If you lose, the master almost kills you. He is interrupted by Jun, who defeats him permanently.

4 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh Apparently it updated two days about for both WW games for me and I didn’t notice until now but on Apple everything seems to have made it with the new content. So far I’ve only played part of the first game with the updates but assuming the second is like the first it was successful.

3 Likes

What is the update that has come for WW1 and WW2

Silently prays for Aycura to be added as RO

1 Like

Sadly no new ROs. Too much coding XD. The updates are primarily the expansion of the gender options, but there are extended scenes and one wholly new scene in each game unattached to the new gender options. Also a LOT of editing g corrections and Achievements have been added. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Drat I’ve got both of the Waywalkers installments on Chrome apps and I haven’t yet noticed any updates. :worried:

1 Like

Just keep watching. I’d say message CoG but they didn’t even tell me when it was updating DX

If I remember correctly, CoG doesn’t support Chrome store anymore.
You can send then the receipt of the purchase and they will unlock the site version for you.

4 Likes

Being enemies with Jun is just so wrong

1 Like

Pity, but then again Google itself doesn’t exactly support the Chrome Store anymore so I suppose I can’t really blame them.
Now to find out which one of my backup hdd’s holds the purchase receipts for those, that ought to be a fun expedition of digging through the dusty attic and equally dusty data files. :unamused:

2 Likes