Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

I love the idea of a social pack and not just because it would give us a small glimpse into the MCs home life. It would be a great way to spend more time with Umbrave or Kess if you happen to be dating them or in their club they get very little screen time.

As for stuff to do in the city maybe in the first game at least near the end once the term is over you and your friends could go out to a restaurant or something? You know as a “and no one died… permanently” Party or a “hooray we all passed the semester” celebration? I think even something like a shopping trip in the city would be cool. Heck even just a window shopping trip would be pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Here’s what I remember of non-class destinations: dueling arena, theatre, the prison/citadel, the zoo (that we went for a class assignment)… the park with the ice sculptures (but I think that was on campus?) I’m sure that is not all of them but my memory is so crap it makes crap look like diamonds.

Well, since I just got back from a holiday party myself, lemme just throw a couple ideas out there.

Karaoke!
Obviously the kids can’t get drunk, but let’s skirt around that and let Jun get sugar high lol jk :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
But seriously, getting together with friends, pooling your money together for a room, eating fingers foods, laughing so hard you forget the words!

Or maybe they could go out dancing or to some sort of concert.

Um, do they have movies in this universe? Because that seems like the quintessential teenager thing to do, buying tickets for the PG-13 action flick and then voting in whether or not to sneak into the R-rated horror/raunchy comedy movie instead. Or they could be like my friends and sincerely go see the Disney movie lol. If there isn’t such things as movies then I guess live-theater or performances could be similar, excluding the horror genre (unless there’s some stage version of Night of the Living Dead I don’t know about lol)

Or throw caution to the wind have them investigate a creepy ghost in an abandoned area a la Scooby-Doo. Turns out it was Old Man Cael trying to lower the property values of the properties around the school! And would’ve gotten away with it if it wasn’t for those meddling kids! Ok, not really, it could be a legitimately creepy ghost thag your group manages to appease and go to the other side…and then they get busted by Cael for being out after hours.

Shoot, what else do teenagers even do? lol All I really remember of my teenager years are the feeling that no one truly understood me, crying at the start of Up, and a vague sense of dread and boredom that permeated my high school around midterms and finals. Oh, that and sleep deprivation. So much. I still haven’t gotten a good night’s sleep since fifth grade.

Shoot, I didn’t even mention the holidays.

Ahem, ok.

Spooky Day, ya gotta gave a spooky day. What can you do on a spooky day when one of your classes literally summoned a ghost last week for academic study? That’s a good question! I’ll have to think of that!

Love Day, ya gotta have a love day. Maybe there’s festivals in the streets with food, and everyone wears pink/rose like some kind of romantic leprechaun. Stealing a page from the newest Sims game, they have a “love guru” who tells you your romantic fortune except I just remembered that actual precognition exists in this universe, hmmm.

Parades, ya gotta have parades. Maybe it’s the anniversary of the founding of Tar’Citadel, and it’s a public holiday. Or maybe it’s a spring or harvest festival that just gets way outta hand. I always liked that one Hindu festival where they throw pigment at each other, or in Mexico where you “crack” a colorful paper mache egg over someone’s head and spill confetti over them. Maybe a harvest festival could take a page out of halloween where it’s the one time of year kids can go around begging for some of that sweet newly harvest food.

Where’s their national “Blow Crap Up Day?” Fourth of July?

No! Wait, haha, give em Lent!

“What are you giving up for Lent, Sem?”

“My pleasantries. From now on I’ll just be rude to everyone. It’s gonna be hard but I’m willing to make that sacrifice.”

7 Likes

Wait, how could I forget the best holiday of all? The day your local sports team wins a pan-continental tournament and there’s pure unadulterated mayhem in the streets!

Or better yet, when your local sportsteam loses and there’s pure unadulterated mayhem in the streets!

Also, what about some sort of ancestor worship day a la Day of the Dead, like in Coco? Or is that odd considering everyone who’s dead is also probably everyone who’s alive bc reincarnation?

If not that, them I propose my second favorite holiday from Mexico after Christmas–
TANGENT: ya gotta have a gift giving day!-- Children’s Day. AKA the one day of year my mom would cook each of my siblings exactly what we wanted because she was so grateful to have us, and also dad would give us five bucks and a hug, but also also local Mexican store owners would let kids (i.e children under 10) get one free piece of candy (that cost two dollars or less).

4 Likes

@rose-court I’m sensing a strong theme.of candy in yr posts lol

lol, my orthodontist likes to say that when they pulled out my wisdom teeth they forgot the sweet tooth. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

So is the DLC content for WW1 up yet?

No, goodness no. We only started talking about DLC like last week. The update with the new scenes and expanded scenes and new gender options will hopefully go live on Monday and that is all free. :wink:

5 Likes

Maybe somewhere like a museum or a weird thrift shop? With the thrift shop you could go with sem/kess/umbrave/Shelly/Jun and try to find the weirdest thing in there. It could be a date or a friend(s) day out, depending on if you’re dating someone or not

The MC could pass by a section of the city that reminds them of home and have a flash back to their younger years

Or pass by a restaurant and smell their favorite food from their home country (Ie: You smell option1, option2, option3, oops you thought you smelled your favorite food - but they weren’t making it.) Or they could just smell the spices that Lu’shun/Aralim/Tazu Nation/Norwah dishes typically have in them

1 Like

that’s good. I’m making note of that one. :wink:

2 Likes

Maybe a tea shop or the market.

1 Like

@WayWalkerLeigh OOOh! How about a carnival like thing coming to town or a circus? Where there are like fire dancers, challanges, carnival games or like attractions like haunted houses or hall illussions/mirriors that you have to find your way out of with whover you came with?

3 Likes

I had wanted to do a winter carnival for WW:U3, but if it doesn’t make it into that game i could consider putting it into a DLC. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

yesssssssss i LOVE carnivals!! i wholeheartedly support that idea!!

give👏those👏kids👏deep👏fried👏butter👏

jkjk! but funnel cakes are gr8, and so are ferris wheels, and especially bumper cars and cotton candy and roller coasters.

and besides christmas, the yearly piglet race is my favorite holiday of the year lol

so yeah, a carnival dlc sounds marvelous!!:+1:

5 Likes

Sorry that the Update still isn’t live… i haven’t heard back from CoG so will email again if don’t hear by Friday.

On a fun note…outline being started for a possible stand alone DLC for WW:U1.
HALLOWEEN

(and ps its not me doing it, its my longtime helper @WayWalkerRea who is still lurkering about. she’s going to be taking lead on the DLCs with me polishing. :wink: )

12 Likes

Have you heard anything from COG?

No, i have not, other than they have a lot of games ahead of mine, so it will be a while. :confused:

2 Likes

Aww, okay, thanks for the update!

1 Like

Hi,

I am a very big fan and just wanted to say I truly love your work :hugs:

Also, for anyone who is waiting for the update, I asked the choice of games support since I have been dying to play the updated version of the games and have been told that they cannot give me a date for it. Still late is better than never :blush:

PS: Sorry if I made any mistakes, English isn’t my first language :flushed:

5 Likes