Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

My top 3 are: Way of Relationships, Way of the Warrior, and the Tazu novels

1 Like

I want Sem to smack Jun and be like “DIDN’T YOU NOTICE (MC name) LIKE LIKED YOU, YOU IDIOT”

I’d totally throw my money at way of relationships shrugs I’m a sucker for romance and … fun times … >.> :wink:

5 Likes

My all time favorite character has to be Sem so anything to do with his background, not him per se but for the Clan culturally and whatnot speaking, would be nothing but bonus points to me :hearts:

6 Likes

I’d just like to start my first comment on these forums saying that I’ve bought each of the Way Walkers games twice for separate devices, and the amount of time I’ve spent reading them compared to how much I paid is at least 100x over, so I’d be glad to pay for any DLC you decide roll out.

As for what kind of DLC, I quite liked the idea of the “Care Package” that’s been suggested. It seems like a comparatively easier thing to implement (well, everything looks easier compared to implementing three new races, but you get what I mean), and it would add certain emotional depth that I feel the other suggestions lack.

Personally, I always imagined my MC as being a tad homesick immediately after being accepted into Tar’Citadel, which is why I imagined her gravitating toward Jun (that, and I just can’t stand being mean even in fiction :sweat_smile: ). And to be perfectly honest, the dearth of any letters from home even after she died was kind of depressing to realize for oh so many reasons.

Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand why the MC’s background is never elaborated on, but I also imagine that this is also the best utilization of DLC: to expand a game without inherently changing it.

So for me, personally, I’d love for my character to receive a care package from home, either sometime after arriving (maybe before the club rush?), or at the very latest after she’s friggin’ died (I’m sorry, I thought I was over it, but I’m naaaaht :sob:).

It wouldn’t even have to be long, as @Ringleader suggested. Maybe just a page or two, and it changes small details depending on your race, like the kind of food that you’re sent, or scarf or, Montage willing, money (gimme somma dat sweet, sweet cheddar pls i’m so poor). A letter would be nice, assuming your family or someone they know is literate/gives a damn.

And imagine that, having an alternative option for the MC to not have a good relationship with their family, to either be outright disliked or just alienated due to distance! (unf forget the monies, gimme dat angst!)

Speaking of money! Money would be a great DLC, lemme shop for snacks instead of getting assaulted by Clay! And it wouldn’t even be a pay-to-win DLC, it could literally just be:

…And then the MC spends all their money on candy, stuffing it into their pockets until their pockets physically bulge in protest. So then they start stuffing some into Semryu’s pockets, much to his horror. And that’s when Sem decides, for the first time in his entire life, that maybe he should…go…to…class? W-Wait, wha- huh?

And then the next DLC can be called, Sem Has an Identity Crisis, for $9.95! :money_mouth_face:

10 Likes

lol keep the ides coming guys!

Also, update has been submitted to CoG-- should go live Monday but i’ll let u know when for sure. :wink:

10 Likes

Oh. Em. Gee… I love you @WayWalkerLeigh

2 Likes

Also-- i know a lo of you are talking about family stuff, which is cool, but it’d be a very small pack on its own…so would you want it paired with an overall more social pack? and if so, what would you want it in it as far as ‘hanging out’ with friends in Tar’citadel?

3 Likes

I’d love to see more dueling club practice.

1 Like

ugh, i know but i dont want to code it! XD

5 Likes

How difficult is it to code?

this is the link to the blog post i made that shows how big a single *choice is for dueling club XD

4 Likes
5 Likes

EEEEEE YAY! I can’t believe it’s here! Thank you!!!

2 Likes

@WayWalkerLeigh

Oh my. That is a lot. Won’t ask again!

1 Like

Oh holy cow! First your update, then the Last Jedi comes out, and it’s my last week of classes? Next week is gonna be the best!!! Woo!

3 Likes

That is wonderful news! I can’t wait to read the result of all your hard work :grinning:

2 Likes

Well, I personally think the care package would be perfectly fine as its own DLC, especially if it was priced at around $0.99, but I guess I can’t speak for everyone.

Hmm. :thinking:

I guess then that a social pack would/should have more scenes with Kess and Umbrave, since the MC doesn’t really get to interact with them “on-screen” in book 1 if they’re not part of their clubs. Even Ay’cure could stand to get a bit more screentime, maybe Sharrah and Owen could get thrown in to the mix too.

I think the easiest way to kill all these birds with one stone is to have them all hang out in Jun’s study group in a session that goes horribly wrong (or right, imo) with everyone shooting the breeze instead of studying. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Maybe it ends with a trashed bedroom, some torn books, and a burnt scarf. I’m not sure, I just like the idea of the MC being a magnet for destruction.

Failing that, you could also just pair Kess and Umbrave with the MC for class activities in a small scene the way the MC is “reintroduced” to characters in book 2.

Hmm.

Actually, now that I think more on it, the more intriguing possibility (for me) is if the DLC periodically gives the MC “lazy days” where they’re all caught up with homework and are given a chance to hang out with a friend of their choosing.

It can be as small as choosing between Kess and Umbrave, or you can expand it to include the others like Ay’Cure/a, Sharrah and Owen. And I’m just talking about book 1. It’d be great if this could be imported into book 2 as well. Any time with Shelly is hecka cool to me. :wink:

That said, I understand that the more characters the MC can hang out with, the more scenes you would have to write, and the more branches there potentially are if there are choices of any kind. Although this would probably be the best time to spam *fake_choice for all it’s worth, lol.

To combat this, maybe there can be a maximum of 3 lazy days, and whoever you choose to hang out with is no longer available after the first time. That way instead of writing three separate scenes for each friend, it’s only one for each person.

I also want to point out that there should be a maximum of three lazy days so as to not break the flow of the story.

idk. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

I was considering something similar; though pondering adding in spending time in the city; though need some ideas as to what everyone wants to do in said city lol.

Also pondering bringing in a holiday or two, but that also needs further fleshing out

3 Likes

Dates with our SO, or friends night out, off campus would be fun.

2 Likes

Yes, but where off campus?

1 Like