Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

@Ridaxus-- The three races would correspond to the three non-human countries, so : Tazu, Mulian, Ki’ra. And the nicknames would likely be: Gem-hoarder, Wall-phaser, and Ki’ra-kit, cause Semryu is simple like that XD

also, @Jackrabbit-- tell em more about what went on with Safe Haven? i don’t do zombies so i don’t know what the response was on this.

2 Likes

Yeah, this is pretty much my argument. A past life shouldn’t affect the present one. That said, I can completely understand about the ridiculous coding issues it might be setting up… :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

and at @ParrotWatcher

That’s literally the major counter-argument. XD that and it is a brat to add it into 3. i’m not kidding. i mean, maybe someday if i finish i can revisit, but i doubt i can manage to justify for just Jun, and then i have to add-in other romance options to fill-out the pack and…dang. its just too much. DX

I REFUSE TO DIE BY HIS HANDS

2 Likes

That means there’s an easy answer! The MC and Jun just need to die until they completely forget each other!

That’s how you do the Jun romance.

Warning: Results may vary.

1 Like

@Beaterxys-- then don’t confront him early-on in the game XD

@ExcaliburV-- lol yr too much XD

2 Likes

Basically there were 2 big issues, as far as reviews and common complaints went:

1. Micro-Transactions Stigma: People just instinctively dislike IAP. So when they download a “free” game (or a 1.99$) one, they are upset when they realize they need to pay more to unlock all content - even if the paid content is extra, dlc or explicitly mentioned on the first page as the full game (base app being a demo). It’s a bit of a hot button that can cause some heated responses. There is wide debate about what is “good enough” to be paid content - if it’s not that good, it’s just a rip-off and exploitative. And if it’s great, it should’ve been in the core game and it’s unfair toward people who can’t pay. Either way, it generates heated responses and angry debates (and reviews).

2. Balance and Scope Creep: When you start updating/adding ton the game, start asking for even more - if you already add X why not add Y? It’s clearly unfair and a bias and once more, heated responses. Or, the game clearly favors X and not Y because the dlc adds more to X, all other ways to play the game are sub-optimal now, needs further changes to compensate (especially bad with a series of games). And then you keep adding stuff and suddenly the non-dlc stuff looks so bland and boring so now that needs another update and maybe the game’s price should change to reflect the extra content, but is that a fair price? It can just ends up being a really draining cycle.

3 Likes

thank you.

As far as bad response/reviews, i think i’d be all right with WW:U as its such an established game i’d not get a big hit from new reviews being butt-hurt over extra content. XD Thant and i’d definitively be mindful not to make any content that’s not purely extra-- in fact with any new game i’d bring-in it’d be something i’d wait on to see what readers want from me to make it better before adding-in. Hopefully it will be enough. I mean, i think we can all agree the current WW:Us are full games on their own, so anything more would just be more, yes?

3 Likes

While I love the idea of playing as another race, at this point I’d just like to see the third WWU be released. I feel as though adding the option for the other 3 races is awesome, and if you want to do it then by all means- you’re the author. Personally I would rather have the 3rd installment, as I fear allowing us to play as the other races would add a good long while onto the release of the third installment.

That being said take as much time as you need to on writing it, you have a life outside of WW and I’d rather have quality content (that you excel at making btw!) than a rushed game.

5 Likes

Most likely this is something that will wait for three to be done, as it might just be something I work on sparingly when my brain can’t take any more of 3 or my novels lol.

Plus, as @Jackrabbit pointed out, the extra content might be looked poorly upon by greedy ppl, and I’d want 3 to get reviews based on it’s own merits first. :wink:

5 Likes

Ahh gotcha! Then I am all aboard the other races DLC train! (As long as it doesn’t stress you out!)

3 Likes

Naw, this would be pure fun, and if I can get rev from it it gives me a more reasonable excuse to do it lol. The only one that might be tough would be adding in the Clan Lands cause that would really change the Sem dynamic. XD

2 Likes

How would it change the dynamic?

Because, if I recall, there aren’t any other clan in Tar Citadel. The only reason he befriended Illyan was because she looked like a clan to him, due to her whole race ability, and she reminded him of home.

If the MC then showed up as a clan and reminded Sem of home again? Erm…

Edit: That too. :point_down:

A good portion of the MCs interactions with Semryu come from the fact that the MC is ignorant of Clan and the culture; and this holds true over all the dialogs reguarding such— so to take a MAC and make them from the Clan Lands would call for a need to introduce all this information differently, which means at best creating additional diolog to the effect of smeryu saying “dang, ${sem_nickname} you’re from a even deeper back water town than I’d thought” to stright-up having completely different conversations all together. (Think the ice sculpture in study scenes when the MC has a chance to ask about Clansman or Clan culture. The convos might be similar, but they’d still need a different perspective.)

6 Likes

Actually, there are Clan but not many. And I probably wouldn’t have the MC be Clan as that would create too much of a dynamic change based in what I said above.

2 Likes

Oh, right, he befriended Illyan because she looked like his family, not just because she looked like a Clan…

Right? I might still be wrong. Can’t remember completely.

Anyways, sorry for assuming.

2 Likes

Yes, mostly. And no problem, happy to clarify. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The short and sweet answer is a definitive yes from me. Especially this more of a cosmetic touch up and giving more of this wonderful story to play through with. It also rewards your time that you invest, so you are more inclinded to adding wonderful stuff for us to peruse. :slight_smile:

5 Likes