Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

the current Sem-romance acheve in WW:U1-- Crushing on Semryu: He was never written to be a love-interest, but since you’all begged me… (10 points)
i also added in a choice to literally moon over him a moment in 1 lol

@Samthane-- lol omg XD

11 Likes

actually, for reference, this is what i got so far (point values to change)

Dwyn for the Win: Unlocked the cannon character for the Way Walkers Univ timeline. (50 points)
Nothing like a well-rounded Talent: Gain equal mastery of all Abilities. (10 points)
Master Storyteller: Give a very well-received story around the campfire. (10 points)
Prophet: One of your visions came true! (10 points)
You just can’t please some people: Become Enemies with Jun. (10 points)
Jun’s not so Bad: Become friends with Jun after a rocky start. (10 points)
Birth tongue Advantage: Overhear the full conversation at the Embassy. (10 points)
Crushing on Semryu: He was never written to be a love-interest, but since you’all begged me… (10 points)
Balancing Act: Obtain the friendship of both Semryu and Jun-- good luck keeping it. (10 points)
Class Cutter: Sneak away from school twice with Semryu. (10 points)
Talent see, Talent do: Conjure an energy ball untrained! (10 points)
Pranktastic: Sucessfully prank Jun and get away with it. (10 points)
Mind over…mind, actually: Super-telepath your way around Master Archhill’s mind probing. (10 points)
Fragile Psyche: Jun seems to have a hair trigger on that mind of theirs. (10 points)
Supple Subconscious: Leave it to Jun to take a simple suggestion way too far… (10 points)
Hang your head in shame: Get sent to the Headmaster’s office for being a bad, bad Talent! (10 points)
World’s Worst Quiper: Deliver the WORST one-liners in dueling club. (10 points)
It’s so easy when you’re Evil: Abandon Jun to die during the riot. (10 points)
Well, this sucks: Lose your highest stat to your death flaw. (50 points)

9 Likes

Either “Well that must have hurt” or “No no, I’m fine, don’t help me up” might also be a good achievement for getting name for getting trampled during the panic driven, crowd surging stampede. And maybe also something for each of the other potential death/injury routes?

Also, I knew you were revising Book 1 and 2 do add some exta stuff here and there BUT YOU’RE LETTING US CRUSH ON SEM A WHOLE BOOK EARLY?! * squee *

8 Likes

did you mean “canon”, or is there actually a super secret awesome MC I’ve missed?!

Shouldn’t the Sem’s one be some variation of “by popular demand” or “audience favorite award”? Considering the circumstances.
Also, ‘begged’ is prolly underselling the civil movement and campaign, sponsored by the official fanclub lol

What about an achievement for winning That One Duel/getting rescued by your heroic and not at all terrifying friend? Considering how much ppl struggled winning it, seems like a good idea (myself, I was too pleased with being bridal carried to try winning too much!).

6 Likes

“canon” as in the official character that holds the space in the actual timeline. (Ie, if it’s referenced in the novels ever, this is the character that officially did the play through). While not every choice the MC makes has a definite canon answer, I do plan on letting the achievements give hints as to what officially happened in the timeline. Depending on how the achievements lay out, there will be several ‘canon’ ones throughout all three games, including the canon ending. :wink:

*Edit these will also be worth the most points, too, as they require a variety of factors to achieve-- “dwyn for the win” has to get nationality, “personality” (the first Way-stat choice in the game) AND gender as well as the correct name for the MC.

3 Likes

But what about a cannon ending? You can’t let me down now! Just think of the possibilities for a “cannon MC”!

I thought that meant one of the pre-made characters, but if you need the canon route blind, wouldn’t that be just trial and error? I read the novels and I can barely recall some faint hints…

2 Likes

One of the pre-made characters in WWU2 is my cannon character, yes, but choosing them in WWU2 will not give u the achievement. ;p

And yes, you will be able to get a canon ending achievement, though I haven’t decided yet if you need to be playing the canon character to unlock it. (Similarly with the clubs, and a few other canon events, I might not force the achievement to require the character to gain it)

3 Likes

It’s literally only one *choice but it gets you the achievement and it’s funny so I did it XD

2 Likes

Dwyn… so Norawah? I remember you saying once upon a time that the cannon ending isn’t a terribly happy one. So MC becomes friends with Sem, tries to save Illian, then dies. That’s my guess. MC probably ain’t friends with Jun. The stat that unlocks the best options is montage. According to the internet Dwyn is a masculine name. I’m on to you, I will unlock the cannon story/ending! :face_with_monocle:

Also wow I am really obsessed with this game

2 Likes

Dwyn as is with every single one of the names to pick on the nationality lists is gender-neutral. But have fun :wink:

-distant screams of frustration and indignation-

1 Like

We will, we will…:crazy_face: so much it’s almost maddening.

1 Like

This is the Red mage’s true origin story

2 Likes

Hey now, there are plenty more tragic options! Maybe you fail to rescue Illian in game 3 and THEN dies. Or Jun goes insane and kills all of you after rescuing her. Or everyone is alive but Sem runs away and Jun goes crazy but at a later point and you just have a really unremarkable life.

I mean, if you’ve read the novels you know how Leigh likes torturing her characters, like misunderstood young men who make their first friend ever only to lose them painfully, TWICE :////////////

3 Likes

The canon ending is sad, but not the worst ending possible. Let’s just say I’m planning on an achievement in WWU3 called “Everyone is Dead” and it’s not about ghosts.

5 Likes

Also, @koolkat, because I’ve expanded the gender options in WWU, the canon-gender of the MC is somewhat superfluous, which means it’s not just one option that will unlock it. You do have to get the right personality though.

1 Like

“True Duelist”- Los the dueling tournament in the first round.

“Ice in the Veins”- Get killed by an Ice Mage. How chilling!

“Molding Clay”- Hold your own against a more experienced Talent.

“Master Diplomat”- Stop Semryu from doing something really stupid.

(These are all of my ideas. The first one is for WWU1, and the other three are for WWU2. All of these are already based off of existing scenes.)

5 Likes

Honestly, I can understand making a canon outcome for your books, but…I think it’s a bad idea to have the game itself reference one particular canon storyline. That basically implies that any other outcome is ‘wrong’, or ‘worth less’. I’d remove that achievement entirely.

I mean, that might just be me, but I know I’d be annoyed if the game effectively penalized my achievements because I didn’t play through it the ‘right’ way…

7 Likes

@OtherGrimm— That is 100% not the intention. The canon events are just sort of fun extras-- to say that ‘not achieving’ them is somehow ‘wrong’ would also imply that not getting any or all of the achievements are somehow a penalty, when it’s simply not true. The achievements are just fun things to work twords, interesting aspects of the game meant to make readers find different scenarios. As Way Walkers is a much bigger universe than merely the CoGs, they are also a chance to offer up some bits of lore as well. The canon events achievements are just that, achievements. Most readers will simply stumble upon them, and will use the knowledge of them when reading the traditional novels. It’s meant for fun, not for penalty.

7 Likes

Woo! That makes things a bit easier ;3