Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

Totally agree with you
Way Walkers serie is one of the best of HG

5 Likes

I love these Games so much!

2 Likes

Oh, I think that is possible :wink: I managed in that the two got along after all

2 Likes

Just quick peek at some of the ‘extended content’ you’ll be getting in the WWU updates-- this is from U2, if you go out with Umbrave to see the ice sculptures, and you choose to make comments about the show but have the INT flaw. (the original ended after ‘You nod, gratified’) All of the dates aside from Sem will be getting these little additions through out the games. :slight_smile:

*if (death_flaw = “intellect”)
While you believe you have worthwhile things to add, sadly your mind hides them away, and the memory of what you were going to say slips through your fingers. Thus, you spend your evening starting to say things only to stop, shaking your head. “I’m sorry, Umbrave,” you finally tell him with a sigh. “I’m just not the same since the accident.”

“It’s fine, ${name} don’t even worry about it,” he says comfortingly, clearly understanding. He puts his arm around your shoulders. “I’m more of an actions-speak-louder-than-words kind of person anyways.”

“Well, that’s good.” You nod, gratified.

“'Sides, you still know this stuff even if it’s not always apparent.” He gestures his chin in the direction of a swordsman with his hand on the hilt of a sword that’s strapped to his back, posed as if he were about to draw it. “Tell me what you think of this guy.”

Pursing your lips, you know there’s something…off about it, but your mind can’t quite catch it. “I don’t know, Umbrave.”

“Well, let me help you remember.” Kicking around some snow, your boyfriend eventually finds a nice long stick, which he proceeds to shove it up the back of his coat. At first all you can do is giggle and shake your head at him, but when he tries to reach over his head and pull the stick upwards through the collar from where it’s tucked against his back, his meaning becomes clear.

“You can’t physically unsheathe a sword strapped to your back!” you exclaim, laughing in full as Umbrave manages to snag his coat on the stick, and not only fall over, but pull his coat half way up over his head.

On the ground, Umbrave is laughing hysterically as well. “There ya go, ${name}! Now for the love of Kubesh, help me up! This is undignified for a sober warrior!”

Wiping away laughter tears, you assist your fallen boyfriend, helping him remove the stick then right his coat. Grinning wide, he steals a kiss from you once back on his feet. “Come, on, let’s see the rest of this thing,” he says. The two of you spend the remainder of the time being silly-- even going as far as to start a minor snowball fight --until some glaring tar’ka-besh shuffle you off.

It’s a long walk back to the University Citadel, but the silence is comfortable, with Umbrave holding your hand the whole time.

20 Likes

I know people love Sem (as do I), but I absolutely adore Umbrave… He’s such a sweetheart :smiley:

5 Likes

I love this. One of my favorite scenes in all of WWU is when you go see the ice sculptures with Kess with damaged charm (I think) and you can’t articulate how the statues make you feel she says that it’s okay and that she feel your emotion with her empathy. It was one of the most lovely scenes I ever read and it made me absolutely certain that Kess was the one for my main character. I’m really happy to see other characters getting similar scenes

8 Likes

i remember you sharing this before-- it’s honestly one of the reasons i decided to expend as i have :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was actually just going over my previous posts and noticed I had said that. Well, I guess that shows how much I loved that scene.

Also, it means a lot to hear my comment helped shape these stories, even a little. Keep up the fantastic work

1 Like

Working on one of the ‘entertainment’ portions of the birthday party in WWU:3. It’s a comedy skit where some of the MCs friends are playing the parts of Crispin, Cael, and Xeni. The MC is given opportunity to ask the ‘Masters’ some interview questions. Suggestions of what you’d want to ask of whom in this situation?

11 Likes

I can see the questions towards Carl could be somewhat rude!

Oh, if we’re doing this interview-style? We need to spend the entire time mocking Cael. Ask questions like:

“Do you think you’ll ever be as cool as your brother?”

“On a scale of one to ten, how much salt do you emit upon entering the headmaster’s office?”

“Have you ever considered that your lectures would be an ample substitute for tranquilizers?”

“Do you think your addiction for failing your students has gone too far? … You failed a corpse for spirit’s sake.”

< insert more questions here >

It’s hard to make fun of Crispin or Xeni, though. I have no hard feelings towards either of them. :neutral_face:

12 Likes

Yeah that’s what I’ve been running into. Thinking of changing it to Cael or a historical figure like maybe the Mad Mage and someone else but not sure. Thoughts?

3 Likes

You know, maybe we could tick off Sem by making fun of Illyan. (It might also give players that don’t like Illyan an outlet to show their dislike.)

That’s the current thought I have at the moment, anyways.

Addendum: Illyan? Illian? I forgot how to spell it. I feel like there should be a y in there somewhere…

25 (all things must be 20 characters)

2 Likes

Semryu is the one planning most of the birthday party, so i don’t think he’d set up anything where Illyan could be made fun of. XD

7 Likes

He is?

D’aww… How sweet! I need to give that clansman a hug. :hugs:

Also, that explains why there’s a segment dedicated to making fun of the faculty. That does sound very Semryu… Hrmm… I need a few more minutes of maniacal planning. I’ll get back to you.

Edit: Idea! They came quickly this time; go me.

Maybe instead of Crispin and Xeni, we could have people pretending to be Clay and Genoa. I feel like that could lead to some good jokes. Portray Clay as a meathead and Genoa as comically strict, that kind of thing. I also feel like that’s something Sem would set up without a problem.

6 Likes

possibly…though not certain if the ppl in the newspaper club would want to make fun of Genoa…and Clay already has some stuff coming to him this game XD.

i was thinking historically, maybe. Mad Mage? One of the Children?

4 Likes

Hrmm. This would take extra work, but maybe if you’re willing to do it, you could have someone pretend to be the children of the MCs homeland. (Like Kubesh if you’re playing a Kira’kin, for example.)

1 Like

Maybe too much extra work XD

Still got to think of questions for each one, too

Ask cael what crawled up his ass and died

2 Likes