Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

I resign. Too much to do now. Sorry.
Only one thing now, but it’s not the full idea.
Maybe during one of classes something will happen to the teacher. Something like to the principal. After a while teacher will either try to attack students, or will make mistake during classes, which mistake will work in summoning some malicious ghost, or some creature, or making some students go into coma. Mistake will have effect depending on classes during which it will happen. Such situation could be solved in many ways, including Turin Way or others. The only unaffected ones will be MC and his/her two closest friends. Eventually if you romanced someone else, not Sem, that someone could help. Since your friends are helping you, there will be no negative consequences even if you have not enough points in Way you chose. It will be so terrifying to students, that that will throw it off their memory, and teacher will remember nothing, so it won’t have mayor impact on the plot. Either way it’s just general idea which I am writing only because I have power shortage in my home, and I can’t do things I have to do.

2 Likes

lol its okay darth. :wink: i actually like yr idea, but i think it pays a little too closely to the stuff going on with the main plot (ppl acting differently, ink monsters showing up, minds getting wiped, ect) to throw it in and not justify it as part of the plot XD

1 Like

Honestly the main thing I’d want in WWU3 is a more organic school feeling. What I mean by that is that I think there should be more “filler” moments so your not constantly focused on the main story

4 Likes

I much prefer the GMO school feeling…
Well I guess we will know it’s filler if a black cat runs by then.

I am working on that— I just also come from the school of thought that all things you put into a book should “matter” if not to the plot then at least to stats/charicter development. So I’m always second guessing myself when it comes to “filler” XD

4 Likes

Just think about it as scenes that help establishing/enhancing the atmosphere of the story. That is something that matters, or not? (Also more scenes = more room for characterization of MCs and NPCs)

Filler was probably the wrong word to use😂 I meant that there should be more room for little character building moments. Honestly it’s the little things like those that draw me I to a game.

3 Likes

I’ve currently got a really elaborate one I’m making that involves either staying in the biology class to dissect stuff or skip class to hang out with kess, Umbrave or both of them if yr not dating them. :wink:

Open of course, to more suggestions that won’t effect plot but are just normal school stuff

5 Likes

I think that the MC and NPC, personally, should have ore time outside the University (going against the title, I know; hear me out) since the last two stories were mainly campus based rather than exploring the outside world so it would make a good change and since they are sort of caught between a battle of good and evil at the moment it would be kind of cool for the MC and NPCs to go out freely into the night and take on oncoming henchmen under the noses of the teachers and other students.

Just a thought. Anything you write is cool for me :v:

1 Like

I think a field trip scenario would be a good way to implement off-campus activities while still giving us a chance to explore the world of WWU.

1 Like

going outside the city as a whole is tough, guys, simply because it’s A) more stuffs i gotta code and decide on and more importantly B) the location of Tar’citadel isn’t conducive to traveling around it. Its very high in the mountains, bordering Casfield, the Clan Lands and the Middle Lands, respectively. You’re basically on a plateau in the Himalayas. And while you can teleport out of the city to other capital cites on the continent-- this is powerful magic-technology used in the Great Gate system that only full Way Walkers or persons of high rank utilize. (or highly-regarded traders) It’s actually a plot point in it of itself for when you guys eventually try to save Illyan-- one that is going to take a lot of maneuvering to circumvent. So, you can’t just leave Tar’citadel-- same as enter.

This is a lot to do in the city though (think in terms of like New York), so i can try to get you all out and about in that respect.

12 Likes

I’d love to see another dueling practice.

18 Likes

I don’t come to forum very often but I had just finished reading Way 1 & 2 for about the thousand time. Thus came to visit to find out if you were still writing. And to my delight I found that you are actually writing the third installment. I can not explain how happy that made me. You have built such an amazing world. Way is easily in my top 5 CoG & HoG. Keep up the good work. PS I also read your novel a year ago or so & it was really good too!!!

5 Likes

I’m kinda thankful that I only knew about Way Walkers about a month ago. It means I have less time to wait for the updates and the finale! :smiley:

Suggestion regarding achievements: I think MC successfully breaking Illyan free from restraints near the end of WWU 1 should be considered as one (that’s kinda obvious though). For something from earlier in the game, why not award MCs who successfully telling a campfire story without boring everyone to sleep?

As for WWU 2, I think eliminating Jun’s past self (successfully or not) should definitely qualify as an achievement. Getting Clay or Cael to turn blue after the prank during Winter Ball sounds like it’ll be fun to aim for as well.

2 Likes

updates, guys

13 Likes

I wish you well my good man. Take as long as you need

1 Like

Quick update: The Third novel of the Tazu Saga is finished and sent to publisher. Doing some notes clean up for tazu Saga #4 then back to the edit for WWU1&2. (actually edits are done, just got to go add in a scene to WW:U i promised. :wink: )

The plan is to hit WW:U3 by Oct & work until i have to do edits for Tazu #3. Once those are done it’s WW:U3 ONLY until it’s done guys.

whoot

25 Likes

Congrats! I know it’s been rough, but you made it, major plot revisions and all. I look forward to reading it!
Thanks for keeping us updated, and keep chugging on.

4 Likes

Glad to hear that WWU 3 is in the work :smile:

Forml me this series us undoubtedly one of the best games on the site.

6 Likes