Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

I dunno. I just wonder what’s gonna happen. Since I wasn’t too bothered by the Jerk Assery of some of the other students. Clay was it? Plus I think romance went right over my Walker’s head. We were single, and free baby!! Pranks night for everyone!!

Mostly it seems we were Alternating between The way of Death, The way of Truth, The Ultimate Way, and the way of Wisdom. Was trying for the way of Death since my character was a Medium, and wasn’t bothered when a being pasts away.

Though conquering death wasn’t our confessed goal when we had taken the interview. Knowledge, and Truth was. And we will support our friend in his path to seek truth. I wonder if we should’ve taken a stance closer to the way of death. (I truthfully thought I sent this already … well here goes nothing!!)

2 Likes

Man where did u get these ideas .I m stunned right now it’s super cool book and just wowwwww. U aced it bro anyway I recommend it it was quite good but is there a way to get that jau,s friend to like me man I liked that girl and now she is angry because of that fool and I literally thought he would understand it later and when I got the chance I literally beat him do much that Blood came from nose I enjoyed it but is there a way to change that girls attitude towards me

And I know it is late for any suggestions but still in 3rd can you bring someone from our village to join saying that because we are now in 2nd year right so they will appoint some new students right and she should be super cool and strong and child hood friend. And then she should be the most beautiful character in the game and all other him/ her gets jealous of us and we marry lol it will be good .Yeah I know in present synario we would be getting expelled for helping illeana but still it will be good if it has such a twist of course.

1 Like

I’d be down for this. I used to look after younger students in my own private school. Taking care of then was cute!

And nb. And gay (cetero). What I’m saying is, basically, more nbs. I’m begging you. Maybe not now but eventually? Please? Non binary people? One day?

1 Like

i’ve actually considered the non-binary and gender-fluid inclusion issue with WW:U, and while it is my deepest desire to go back and put the option in, it’s essentially a coding issue-- as Jun is set to be the user’s roommate, and thus the same gender, and i don’t feel as if Tar’citadel would be so insensitive as to place to only two specified non binary people in the same room as roommates. (even though it is later revealed Jun requested you as a roommate in the current narrative). So would want to separate Jun and possibly the MC’s Angel out with different pronouns if the user so choose to use the “they them theirs”, ect. While this is a possible thing to do within the code, it’s simply something i don’t currently have time to do. When it is possible (hopefully a thing i can amend the same time three is done) it will be put in.

As far as gayness-- in the Way Walkers world, at least in Tar’citadel, sexual/romantic preference is no big deal, and just assumed as normal if you are gay, straight, bi, ace, ect. So, there are a lot of them in the game, it’s just not overt because, well, it’s just normal there. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I never thought this would be possible. Thank you for adding this in at ANY point!

But! Non-binary people can still identify as feminine or masculine and use she/her or he/him. Non-binary is not a gender

It encompasses thousands of genders.

Non-binary people tend to flock together anyway and ask to be together and are generally put together for the issue of safety and more or less understanding eachother’s needs surrounding presentation

Also… Nb… NPCs… There, solved ur problem[quote=“WayWalkerLeigh, post:1051, topic:1817”]
As far as gayness-- in the Way Walkers world, at least in Tar’citadel, sexual/romantic preference is no big deal, and just assumed as normal if you are gay, straight, bi, ace, ect.
[/quote]

Any ceteros?..

1 Like

i know it’s much more broad; i have several friends along the spectrum and i’ve talked with many of them about this. :slight_smile: The MC would have the choice to pick their pronouns with their Angel when they do pick their ‘gender’, at least that’s how i envision it-- but as it currently stands when the MC picks their pronouns, those automatically go also to Jun, to ‘match’ the MC. And Jun, as a character is cis and straight-- that is how Jun and Ay’cure(a) are written, just as how Semryu and the other dateable NPCs in the mix are all cis bi/pan-- with the exception of Shelly, who does lean more fluid but hasn’t decided yet on if she wants to bring it up or not XD. So the change in the code would need to be in doing into every single spot of Jun’s descriptions and pronouns and changing them so they no longer automatic ‘match’ the MC-- a lot of work. Also, non binary wouldn’t necessarily feel a need to flock in Tar’citadel at least not for safety’s sake as in our world. Hate crimes against gender just don’t happen like here-- specifically in Tar’citadel; half the ruddy ruling council and Way Walkers are fluid lol. :wink:

educate me, i’m not familiar with ‘ceteros’ outside the normal Latin term.

5 Likes

Love u ur great!!! Love u!!! Love this response!!!

Cetero/enbian. Like, nbs, who are attracted to nbs?

2 Likes

ah okay. another term to add to my vocab. :slight_smile: and thank you. i just wish it was everyone’s response.

5 Likes

I know that you have been under a lot stress lately with all that has been going on so I wish you many stress free future days @WayWalkerLeigh

Also, would you mind terribly about copying and pasting your game/life/book updates here as well? I know that you post info on your blog and I as well as many others read it, but people who are new to your work and have come directly to this forum to talk about it tend not to know about your blog. This is just a suggestion of course~

1 Like

Thank you, @Kattz. Thats very sweet. :slight_smile:
and i usually do, though it’s been a bit because of life-- though i do now see i missed the latest one.

9 Likes

Man or women I think I contacted you on FB and I think I was little rude so I m sorry OK . And I would appreciate it if u can bring me and Jun,s friend closer in next version or you can as I suggested can bring some of my old bro from my village to the university … And … I m…To say u have quite a talent in writing novels :blush: I loved it a lot yeah of course I loved many novels other then yours too but it was a good one and not one of those which I think I would regret reading and spending 8 hrs of my life​:smirk:

I am going to have to write some more sad poetry, amn’t I?

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Alas Waywalkers University is still the story of my unrequited love!

2 Likes

I want the trilogy to have an ending.

1 Like

are you somehow implying that it won’t?

3 Likes

40k words is a decent amount for a month, I imagined progress to be much slower with how long it’s been. If you don’t mind me asking, what’s the current word count? Do you have a rough estimate for the length of the final version?

1 Like

Over 120k but I imagine the final will be closer to 300k if I do everything I want. And yes that was a lot for a month, but I can’t do that every month. There’s been long bouts of inactivity due to life and other projects.

18 Likes

Quick update on the new Camp Nano starting tomorrow

13 Likes

Hello, WayWalkerLeigh. First of all, good luck with your writing, take as much time as you need to finish both stories.
And second, there is something I meant to ask you for some time…
If MC didn’t start romance after the Dance in second game, will they have another chance somewhere at the start of third book?

thank you. Sadly, no, there’s no way to bring romance in once you’ve passed or failed on it at the dance. It doesn’t make sense to the plot really, as the focus has shifted almost solely to helping Illyan, and i felt the MC trying to start a relationship with that going on a) was tough to code in, given they’d need a secondary start point and emotional intimacy levels with each date-able person, and b) it just didn’t feel natural for the MC to be in such a high stress situation to be like, “hey, ya wanna go out?” while they are fighting bad guys with Sem. There’s also a lot of interesting stuff fpr the MCs who are already in a relationship to deal with-- like trying to maintain a relationship while dealing with so much going on-- and in the case of umbrave an kess, keeping secrets.

15 Likes