Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

@Cheez – lists of such things are always appreciated. :wink:

Also, yr comments (both yours and Elfs) rock. :smiley: but u are more correct about rheans aspect than elf. :wink:

thanks I totally forgot about that

Ah I’m finally excited to say I purchased the Way Walkers novel Tangled Paths and what I’ve read so far I love. Keep writing Leigh, it’s beyond amazing!

@Scrivener thanks i needed to hear that today. :slight_smile: don’t forget to leave a review!

I was looking through some of the scripts in the first Way Walkers, and was wondering something. At the backstory selection you can choose what you want to be, but they don’t go off the stats they raise. It seems they go off what could be considered the ‘opposite’ of each stat, is there a specific reason for that?

Like the warrior choice raises strength but you need less than 30 intellect for it, while the opposite holds true for the amass knowledge choice.

that was mostly just to create a sense of balance. :wink:

B-but! How am I supposed to be a warrior duelist who quotes classic literature and metaphysical science theories at his opponents?

Two questions on the general lore, if you’ll indulge me. The Red fell into madness, but what about his Aspect? Also, why does Montage not have one?

lol the original idea was that you could build up your weaker stats while in the school…however Sem ran away with the Illyan plot and it became a bit too hard to pull off lol.

and the answer to both of those is: “no one knows…ooooooo” (wiggles fingers dramatically)

5 Likes

Nooooo not more mysteries. I’m going to put down you are saving both of those for future plot points in the Way Walker universe, as much as I want to know Montage’s Aspect.

1 Like

@WayWalkerLeigh review has been enthusiastically written and posted on iBooks for Tangled Paths. Hope it helps!

Thank you! If you could also put it on amazon that would make my publisher very happy! ^.^

Haha, so basically Sem charmed his way into becoming the main plot NPC? Why am I not surprised.

Was the Illyan plot supposed to be a side quest to the main school-life gameplay?

Amazon review done and done. Glad I could help, happy to get the job.

1 Like

So no matter what you do you still have no chance with Aycura? I just want what I can’t have I guess lol but seriously that would be nice to steal from jun in a sick way. Oh it would be nice to be able to completely get rid of whatever happened to you(stuttering and having a limp ect…) and being able to kick clays ass

@erica_98 It IS possible (more or less) to kick Clay’s butt in the duel, it’s just really difficult. I don’t remember the exact requirements, though.

1 Like

I would think you would have to be only good at combat from the very beginning

No I think you also need high rosin or the way of all ways

Firstly, I would just like to say how much I loved these two games! I’d write a long review praising it, but I just stayed up til like three playing WWI and II, so I’m exhausted. I’ll just settle for praising the characters.

Sem is great–I was totally thinking “ugh, he’s going to be a jerk” or “ugh another vampire” but nope! You made him his own unique character, without falling into any major stereotypes. And I love his romance with the PC <3 It’s so cute. There’s all this totally casual stuff that makes it feel like a relationship–at one point my PC sat next to him and he just automatically put his arm around her. Very couple-y. I loved it.

Jun is interesting. I liked how my perspective of them changed depending on my relationship with them–when I was their friend, they were this somewhat “Hermione Granger” type. Prudish and a bit of a kill-joy, but loyal, helpful, and adorably socially awkward. When we hated each other, though, they became this insufferable self-righteous hypocrite that I wanted to stick a blade into. Kudos for making me love them one playthrough and hate them the next.

Everyone else I don’t have a major opinion on. Shelly is awesome, Owen is adorable (and totally an Incarnation–nothing but flat-out denial will convince me otherwise), and Umbrave and Kess are like the best friends in the world. The angel guardian totally makes me think of my mother in how they always love and guide and hug you. And occasionally give advice that makes no sense.

A few things I’d like to see in the next game:

–More romance. You did real good here, at least with Sem’s path. Kess and Shelley didn’t feel like they were dating me, since their behavior in class didn’t really change. Have them do different things on each path–like instead of them all taking you to the ice sculptures, maybe Kess brings you to an opera instead or something. Little things like that.

–More opportunities for different Ways. I had one character who was big on the Angari path because he was a Medium, afraid of the spirits he was seeing, and found comfort in his faith, and he totally loved animals and was a bit of a bookworm and he never got to do anything with those skills. Meanwhile my Ki’ra Precognitive Duelist was pulling pranks with Sem and breaking into places and almost never got caught because she was that good at sneaking around. And don’t get me started on everything my EM Ronin could do.

–The same applies to Talents. Energy Manipulators get the most opportunities to do stuff, followed by Telepaths and Empaths, and Precognitions and Mediums are stuck at the bottom. Let me use those other Talents in a fight! Foreseeing my opponent’s moves, influencing their emotions to make them feel like they can’t win, “suggesting” they surrender…

–Speaking of Dueling, moar fights please? I skipped the tourney to investigate with Sem, because dying to an ice wraith is much more badass then getting trampled by a mob, so I don’t get to fight there. And Clay always whoops my butt when I try to fight him. I feel like my Duelist spent more time talking about her skills than using them.

–More club involvement. Other than one random mention near the end, they don’t really show up, which made me sad. I loved their rapport with you in the first game.

6 Likes

I love the thought on Owen being an incarnation. I can definitely believe that. I enjoyed looking out for him and how smart he was.

I beat Clay on my most recent play through as an exemplary with high Montage and almost as high Rosin.

Does it seem like Umbrave was a little jealous at the thought of you going off with Sem at the Zoo? Not that I blame him for feeling so!

1 Like

I also wish to be able to confess my love towards Sem. I freaking love him.
I was a bit disappointed that WW2 didn’t really have any romantic parts, like I LOVE YOU SEMMY, BUT I CAN’T CONFESS OR DATE YOU RIGHT NOW. ;~;
I also agree with giving benefits to people who doesn’t really have magical powers, I don’t play a non-power type but it would make sense do so.

( I apologize if somewhere in this reply/ paragrapgh I am incorrect, it has been a while since I’ve played way walkers but don’t worry, when WW3 is released I’mma go on a WayWalkers reading spree, going to play all the game over again ^ )

1 Like