Way Walkers: University3--suggestions and feedback

There will be plenty of ability to ‘change things up’, but some things can’t be changed. That’s true in every single thing (including games) in existence.

Now, it might be cool to have a scene in Part 3 where a MC that’s been pining after Jun gets to admit their feelings (again, possibly), and for Jun to apologize for not being available. It could replace a romance scene. But Jun’s not romanceable, and that’s not up for debate.

I will say, the ‘siblings in a past life’ thing doesn’t deter me from Jun, since we’re not siblings in this one. For all I know, the MC could have been siblings in a past life with everyone in school…

4 Likes

I’m sure that someone could debate it if they felt like stepping up. Everything is debatable.
Everything is changeable too.

It’s her game, you’re right. Obviously fanfictions aren’t quite the same as the actual game, because her writing is different from other peoples’ writing. But that’s not what I’m trying to get at. A lot of making games and writing stories is to satisfy your own internal want or need to WRITE. To express and enjoy expressing yourself through words of wisdom, or joy, or romance, or whatever the author pleases. But another large part about writing is the readers (or players, whatever you choose). I’m not saying an author should completely cater to their readers, god no. You wouldn’t interrupt a story teller in real life. But still, it’s nice to know some of your suggestions aren’t being waved away immediately, as they are now…

1 Like

If an author tells you ‘this is not going to happen in my story’, you can’t ‘debate’ that. You can argue against it all you want, but ultimately, it’s not up to you.

Suggestions are one thing. Leigh likes suggestions. But the suggestion has already been made, repeatedly, and the answer has always been ‘No’. You don’t get to tell a writer to change something about their story after it’s already been decided. If you don’t like something, fine, but your opinion is not more important than that of the person actually creating it.

I’m going to stop here before this goes too far off-topic.

3 Likes

When did I ever say my opinion was more important than hers? I didn’t.
I apologize for not having read her post in which she said it was never going to happen, but the rude attitude is not appreciated.

1 Like

Honestly if you still need more to change up in Way Walkers i think nothing shall ever satisfy. :stuck_out_tongue: Really, there’s so much, both big and subtle. Enjoy it for what it is :wink:

2 Likes

Audien, i’m not waving away suggestions immediately. Jun was requested as romance-able back when WWU first came out and I was taking suggestions for 2-- and i considered it, weighed the options of the character and decided it’d just be too much, as well as how it went against the character’s personal story. Adding it in now, after they’ve already had the events of 2 in the dance-- it’s not a small request to ask Jun have yet another type of personal relationship for the MC. Jun already is either friend/foe fully destroyed the past self/or is still being manipulated. Adding unto that a layer of romance to the friendship aspects…it’s too much.

i’m not saying no to be mean. i’m saying no because it’s already been decided, long ago. And if you all ever want me to finish, i can’t add in more than i can handle.

9 Likes

That IS interesting. Not sure if i can work it in with Shelly having a conscience, but i will add it to my notes.

10 Likes

Oh I saw ur blog and wanted to know if u got nerve blockers because I have a.similar situation off topic sry

1 Like

I’m sorry I’m not sure what u mean. And if it’s off topic please message me.

1 Like

If only…

If only… Jun can go out with me.
Alas, it was never meant to be.

Was there a way in WWU2 for Jun to fail in asking that one girl to
the Winter Dance? I seem to recall something like that happening.

1 Like

Woo, this thread is back!
Jun was always meant to go out with Ay’cure, since they love each over so you can only go to the winter dance with the people who are show as options. Sorry to disappoint :sweat:.

Jun can fail to ask Ay’cyre(a) out if the MC asks out Ay’cyre(a) out successfully first. If are friends the MC can choose to give up the date for Jun, or continue. If they are not friends, the MC throws it in June face and then…stuff happens. :wink:

5 Likes

Wow this discussion has been going on for months now and I’ve gotta ask. Why is there so much love for Jun? I mean, I can personally see them as being okay but to me Jun is kind of a hypocrite. I don’t see the appeal of romancing a hypocrite wither in game or in real life so can someone explain to me why so many people want to romance this unattainable character??

Also, @WayWalkerLeigh have you finalized decisions for the MC’s birthday scene yet? Do we ever get to met our families? Do we ever get the meet the other character’s families or at least hear about them? Will any holidays be celebrated in WWU3? Are you eating well and staying healthy despite your workload? Please remember to take care of yourself if you get too busy.

5 Likes

I think it’s a combination of…

a) Jun was with us from the start, so s/he has a special bond with the MC.
b) Jun is the first exemplary talent we meet, which makes the bond stronger.
c) The MC can help Jun become less of a hypocrite. In this and other games, playing an active role in a character’s development makes them more popular.
d) Jun has some very sweet moments in addition to the hypocritical moments.

I’m sure there are other reasons, but since I’m not one of the people crushing on Jun, I can’t say for sure. Anyone else have an explamation? Hopefully one that’s better than mine? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Kattz Everyone is a hypocrite once and a while. To criticize someone on their hypocrisy, ironically, would be hypocritical.

@Mirabella Personally, I like how uptight Jun can be and I’d like nothing more than to be the one person she can totally shut down her shields with. That just sounds amusing to me; to see the more chill Jun.

2 Likes

I think, for Jun, what attracts ppl to the character is that large berth between who Jun can be and who Jun can fall into depending upon the MC’s choices. The MCs friendship directly affects Jun’s personality-- almost a mirror to it. Jun can be the sweetest, most loyal friend or bitterest enemy. That kind of character development is the stuff of good stories, and i think, is what draws ppl to Jun.

As far as the birthday, scene, mostly. The majority of the day is the entertainment scenes which has four distinctly different variants depending on the MCs club (or lack there of) and then a variant for each one that is different for if the MC participates or if they are friends with Jun. I think the total is 16. Then just after the party there is some romantic time with the MC’s girl/boyfriend if they have one, so thats more stuff. XD I decided to leave the MCs family life to the imaginations of the readers, simply because its just too much to write with too little real bearing on the main story. I’m not planning on doing too much more about the other characters past what i’ve done so far in WWU2, but you never know what i might throw in as i go. :wink: Holidays…maybe. i’m still playing with stuff. WWU3 sadly only gets poked at in between projects or when i can come up for air. I’m doing my best.

10 Likes

I think people want jun because they cant have her but i am a strong believer in sem for life

8 Likes

Amen their mate :smile:

1 Like

You know I’ve said it before but I’d never originally intended for Sem to be a love interest-- and now you’ve got me wondering just how insane the fandom would be if i hadn’t handed him over as an option XD

6 Likes