Way Walkers: University

I tried to purchase this but it is not on the kindle fire appstore TwT

@WayWalkerLeigh The more creepier the better, because that is what will make the clan such an interesting race to learn about.

This has been a load of fun. I really enjoy how much thought was put into this world. Semryu is a very interesting character, but not much was really said about the others. I’m looking forward to what is added about them in the next chapter. One big issue I had was near the end. You are given an obstacle and will die if you do not meet certain requirements. This makes me feel like I am forced to play a certain way if I want to get the best possible outcome. Would have been better to just have multiple choices to choose from, and picking the choice closest to your strengths lets you survive the event.

Wait, what? You can go to see Illyan, totally fail the dragon wraith and leave everyone dead? Tellmetellmetellme pleeaaase tell me how to do that, I swear, I’ve played this game a bazillion times and still not found that ending >.<

Yes, Cutiali, I must admit I’ve never gotten the “Everyone’s dead, jim,” ending either.

Must of been one hell of a botch, since there aren’t any fatalities mentioned if you just don’t go.

@Giglamesh --thank you! the logic of the final event had to do with the fact that there was NO WAY a newly trained fourteen year old Talent was going to defeat the dragon wraith. Heck, the trained soldiers were having issues. XD I wanted to give you something that was realistic, but still manageable from the writer’s point of view, and made sense to the plot. If it makes you feel better there *are* ways to completely botch the dragon wraith as well, leaving you, and everyone else, dead for ‘real’—but thats kinda hard to do. :wink:

@WayWalkerLeigh i can understand not being capable of defeating an epic foe like a wraith dragon, but it was never about defeating it. its about using the skills i excel as an exemplary talent to survive the situation. just like you have the magic users survive by using their skills to free illyan, someone skilled in healing could heal sem and the headmaster to protect you afterwords. People skilled in combat/dexterity/fortitude should be able to endure/evade, and than make a tactical retreat, or those with intelligence/wisdom can quickly and calmly determine the best plan of action. As for the charming/passionate, they could flirt with the dragon causing it to get really shy and fly away (j/k?). cmon now, have a lil faith in us.

i cant imagine how to survive the theater scene though. maybe specialize in combat? than when you go back to save jun, you just plow through the crowd, tossing people aside “excuse me, pardon me!” than when the ceiling collapses you glare up at it dramatically, and it slows down but doesnt quite stop. so finally you pull your fist back and ready your ultimate move, the falcon punch! than you punch the rubble so hard it causes a fracture in time and space causing a huuuuge explosion somehow that manages to remove the entire ceiling from this dimension. than you jump back on stage and finish the play with finesse and grace. magnifique! (note: this i not a wise strategy, you will die if you punch falling debris)

Hmm, WWL, Giglamesh has a point. Defeating the dragonwraith is one thing, but as it stands it’s apparently better than the MC in every way no matter what we’re good at.

We can’t hide from it, we can’t outsmart it, we can’t run from it, we can’t distract it.

So basically if Skynet had sent a dragonwraith after Sarah Connor there would have been only one movie.

And the penalty for not being able to outsmart it, run from it, hide from it, or distract it is a significant stat penalty that leaves the MC incapable of outsmarting a rock, running away from a snail, hide from a blind deaf guy who is suffering from allergies, or distract someone with Attention Deficit Disorder.  

Which I imagine can annoy people when it's automatically the best trait the MC had that goes down the drain.  

It's not a big deal for me because I want to go mage anyway, so I just free the jailbird and listen to her whistle it to death.  

And if we listen to Jun's warning, well we'll probably die anyway.

@Giglamesh — sadly, what you are asking for is simply too many endings. Yes, it would be better, and yes it would be amazing to do, but how i wrote it out was already pushing the envelope as far as what i could handle–there’s already a dozen different ways the ending could have gone, and that means a dozen different starting points for the sequel. And you can survive the riot…if you leave Jun behind.

In the end, i’m only one person. :frowning:

@WayWalkerLeigh thats the problem with having games like this. finding that balance to allow players to be who they want to be, but also to move the story forward in a certain direction while also allowing people to fulfil their roles and allow their decisions to affect the story. im not really sure it can be done without a full-time development team. and i cant even imagine what a pain in the @$$ working the choicescript must be.

We need WayWalkerBob…

Hi… I’m not sure I’m posting this in the right place, but I have a technical problem with my ipad copy of the game.

You see, the main block of text is off center, moved to the right in such a way that I can’t read all of it, which sucks. Any advice?

@Garjel_blah-- u are in the right place, but im not sure, as I be never heard of that technical problem before. My suggestion is to contact support@choiceofgames.com with the problem along with a comment that u talked to me and I told you to bring the issue to Dan’s attention. Hopefully they can help ya sort it. :slight_smile:

@WayWalkerLeigh
I sent an email, but then I went back to the game and found the problem was easily solved by turning the screen. When it reorientated the problem was gone. So I sent another email telling them not to worry about it.

@Garjel_blah – good times. :slight_smile: Hope you enjoy it! :smiley:

Yeah same i just portrait orientate it then back to landscape and all fixed

I finished my game yesterday and got a error message when trying to add my save to the online database. Will try again later and if it happens again I’ll contact cog support.

I went to replay it so I had a fresh save for part two but I can’t remember my last game starting the way it has. Has it always started with the scene asking how you deal with hearing the voice then jumping straight to one about what you do in a fight between sem and clay then after that it asks you I pick a club or society. Then no matter what gender I pick my title is Ms. Is that right aswell?

its really hard to make a brand new character with the new update