Warlock City: Shadow of the Shroudwalker

Came across a bug and can’t get past it.

2 Likes

@VioletHikari I assume you were talking about the wolf? I just noticed that. Don’t worry that was just an error and “Lucy” is simply the default variable. I accidentally used it before you had a chance to change it in game. :zipper_mouth_face:

@Otaku_King So, that’s what happens when you put a #fake_choice instead of a *fake_choice! That’s good to know. I’m sorry that that was so far into the demo, it was right at the end but I think it’s fixed.

1 Like

I’m already in love with this WIP. :smile:

2 Likes

A superhero story about not wanting to get rescued :heavy_check_mark:
Supernatural folks jealous of superheroes :heavy_check_mark:
Annoying and nerve-tensing pupil :heavy_check_mark:

Gotta be gewd.

Btw, if you have any questions about the coding, feel free to ask!

7 Likes

Thanks! I’m still a bit iffy about the if/elsif blocks. I seem to go way too deep into them. I suppose I should be using labels more to jump back out or something?

Actually the black raven is also named Lucy

i laugh so hard at the stat screen :rofl:

4 Likes

Why not use both?
heheh

*if and *elseif basically works like this

*if (cond. a > cond. b)
   a is bigger than b and klarblh$stdkalrb
*elseif (cond. a < cond. b)
   b is biggerlbelrebr
*else
   catch-all none-pass safety-net condition (no conditions are true)

@VioletHikari
I’m not sure why that’s happening. It would help a bunch if you could tell me whether you spared both wastelings or not and did you get the chance to name your familiar at all?

@Szaal
I think that’s what I’ve been trying but whenever I do an elseif…wait…it’s elseif? not elsif? I don’t know why but I didn’t think there was an “e” in the middle. Mashes head repeatedly. That explains a lot.

1 Like

Hi. I was playing through the demo and ran into this:
As I pick myself up off of the floor I see that he’s taken my bed for $[fam_poss} own. It’s not that he’s just curled himself up at the foot, he’s nestled right on top of the pillows.

Just thought I’d give you a heads up if you didn’t know about it already!

1 Like

Oh those two are cadaverific! watch DBZ Abridged to understand what I just said :rofl: And no, I didn’t get the chance to name my familiar at all.

1 Like

@Curious_Boy
Thanks Curious_Boy, I knew someone wouldn’t heed the warning and would actually look there! I didn’t know what to put.

@SimplyUnknown
Thanks! I love how helpful this forum is with pointing out the grammar errors I miss. It can be hard to find them with all the choices.

@VioletHikari
Pfft…already done! But, now that you mention it, I feel the urge to go back and watch it again. So, thanks for that. :yum: That also helped me solve the problem! All you poor people that were killing both troublemakers weren’t being given the choice to accept or reject the familiar! Hopefully, that’s solved.

4 Likes

well, im one of many who used to check the stat screen before playing the game :rofl:
though i came bearing an important question (imo) : “is there any RO planned?” :blush:

1 Like

what happens to the female vampire we put in our magical “space”?

@Curious_Boy
There are a few ROs planned. I like to develop characters before I confirm them as ROs but there is definitely going to be a few options. There’ll be some Supernatural ones, some Superhero ones and even a few normal folk (though, your sister will definitely also be pursuing those.) I don’t want to reveal too much until I’m sure how much of a spoiler they will be but I’ll definitely be updating the main post!

@Logan3000x
That will be explained in the next Chapter! You’ll have to decide how you want to handle that situation before it causes too much trouble (it will.)

5 Likes

Great demo, can’t wait to read more. I liked the interactions between your sister and you as well as with the wolf familiar. Especially the bed scene. Both don’t want to leave so you both sleep uncomfortably, I used her as an uncomfortable pillow.

Though there’s a typo in that scene where it has he and not she, since I chose the her description.

that is good… as long as the game included some RO, i’d be happy :grin:

i could guess someone from this :male_detective:

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words and the bug squashing. I hadn’t realised how many pronouns we used in English until I started this. It’s so hard to get into the habit of typing in ${variables} rather than pronouns. :zipper_mouth_face: Does it get easier?

1 Like

You can always go ${him}, though.
But it will get easier, especially if you routinely work on the story.

In fact, I have both ${him} and ${pc_him} for the main character alone, but it goes naturally for me.

It does. Though you have to put various variables for he and she in the startup, then put them in the code when you select a gender. Like he would turn to she, him would be her, etc. I’m not at my desktop atm, but when I’m able I can list the code I use for the gender pronouns if you want.

I use ${he}, etc as the norm and if the char is female, based on my code it would swap to the female pronoun. I just have to get into the habit of using the variable code instead of typing it by itself. It becomes second nature real quick.