Warlock City: Shadow of the Shroudwalker

If that’s the case then you could showcase these personality traits (such as Candid, Stoic, Extrovert, etc) as just a number on the stats page depending on the choices you’ve made and the more prominent ones add flair/fluff text. I’ve read a few games in this website that did things this way.

Something like, “Oh your MC selected a more Stoic option 6 times so when you’re in a meeting with powerful being X you don’t really show you’re intimidated by it.”

It never stopped you from picking any option. It never blocked you off from picking a Stoic option if your character is more of an Extrovert, but it does influence the fluff depending on which is highest.

4 Likes

Just read the demo again, dang you changed a lot. Last I read it was 2 wastelings and we were unsure if they could be saved. I almost felt bad killing them both this time… almost. Aside from that though, saw the godnames were unfinished and wanted to suggest Orion. I think he might actually be a Titan, but pft… technicalities. Also, would adding orange as a fire color be to much to ask. It’s my favorite.

1 Like

@TheZod
That could be the way to go. It certainly will come down to fluff, kind of complimenting the perks and quirks. I guess it’s just really about making sure that I choose personality descriptors that are actually mostly linear.

EDIT: Having said that, a lot of people don’t seem to mind the idea of not having them so I’ll probably just try to get further with the game at the moment. Then I can decide if I think they’d actually add anything to it.

@Dartknight
Colours aren’t that hard to add (except to think up nice synonyms) so I can definitely do orange! And I do think that the wasteling is a lot harder to kill now that it’s so clear that she can be saved. But know that you’ll get some unique scenes and cool stuff/drama happening even if you do kill her! I’ll add Orion to the list of potentials…though now that you mention him, he could be a fun enemy too. :yum:

2 Likes

Quick Update time!

Hi all, just a little update. I finished fixing Chap 3 but I’m leaving it off until I finish Chap 4. Chap 3 was already kind of a lull in the pace of the game that hasn’t changed that much; still, it has setup and information that I feel is required (also a bit of fun stuffs). So I’m holding off on it until I finish fixing up Chap 4 which should be around the weekend.

Having said that, the poll I had the other day was SUPER helpful in determining things, so I thought I’d throw in a couple more!

Your MC was part of a warrior order during their Warlock trials. Given these 3, which would you pick?

the Keepers of Maat: They are the pursuers of justice for all magic kind. They resolve magical disputes and situations on Earth with dignity and compassion as much as violence.

the Medjay: the warriors that protect the Shroud at all costs. They stop magicals who threaten to reveal magic to the naturals and return them to the Shroud for judgement.

the Urei: Once the Pharoah’s elite protectors, they are now the bodyguards of the Ennead, the 9 true gods of the Shroud. (Not that all 9 have been found yet.)

• the Keepers of Maat — Upholders of Virtue
  • the Medjay — the Shroud’s Guard
  • The Urei — Protectors of the Gods

0 voters

Secondly, in terms of your options for Godnames…

• Let me pick my own (Greek, Egyptian or Mesopotamian)!
  • Let me pick from a few that will have more of a backstory.
  • Just give me one (probably Nemesis) that is super focused.

0 voters

Godnames are a tricky thing because they are great for options, but they would also be fun to explore the lore behind if I focus them. I could also just let you pick from a few but let you change the names and “rewrite” history. However, then you’d just be a name with a different background so I’m not sure!

EDIT: I eddited the second poll but you’re all too fast and we lost some votes. Sorry about that. :zipper_mouth_face:

Tell me what you think! Thanks.

7 Likes

I was already wondering if the reason we don’t have a godform is because we are a god. This doesn’t help.

8 Likes

@The_Lady_Luck

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh…no spoilers. But I’m just saying that because you’re wrong. Actually, I’m saying that because you’re half-right. Just joking — you’re totally half-wrong. Really, when people bring up theories that could either be right or wrong, my automatic defence mechanism is befuddlement.

What a great word. Befuddlement. Beeeeeeeeeefuddlement. Befuddludlment. Befudlulululument.

Ya, what a great word. Sorry, what were we talking about?

EDIT: #ThatFeelingWhenYouWereGoingToMakeEveryone"KEEPERS-OF-MAAT"ButNoOneWantsToBeSoYouAreGladYouChecked.

EDIT2: Longest Hashtag ever.

4 Likes

:open_mouth:So since MC isnt a literal god then it has something to do with our title Godkiller. Maybe MC killed a god and some of their powers latched onto us, because reasons, and we’re somewhat unusual and powerful because of it and we don’t have a god form.

3 Likes

@Fiend
Woah, have you ever noticed how great of a word befuddlement is? Really awesome word.

Just sit and stare at it for a moment. BEFUDDLEMENT.

Embrace it.
Cherish it.
BE it.

:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

So god is hitch hiking in our soul/head…nice

1 Like

@Aleksa100

Even if that were the case (which it isn’t because you’re all too BEFUDDLED to really understand what’s happening) it wouldn’t be THE God. There are lots of Gods! Like sprinkles on a cupcake.

P.S. I like the red ones.

2 Likes

I am no one! :astonished:

And, really, that is the only true way to respond to speculations.
Completely right or completely of the mark? Doesn’t matter, use befuddlement to obfuscate!
Keep them guessing!! :grin:

1 Like

What if the player is the god MC killed and now we fused into one?

9 Likes

@The_Lady_Luck
OMGosh. You’re right. Obfuscate is a WAY better word.

Obfuuuuuscate.
Obfuscatitate.
Obobiscate.

EDIT: Also your World of Darkness is showing.

@Aleksa100
That’s some SUPER old-style David Cage thinking right there (If anyone gets that specific reference please tell me so that I don’t feel out of touch). It’s also a fun idea, but the player and the MC are definitely the same :sweat_smile:. There’s going to be enough drama outside that the MC doesn’t need any inside.

4 Likes

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I’d pick the Medjai.

1 Like

So the Godkiller title is related to our nightmares?

1 Like

@Revache

Befuddled, Obfuscated, Flabbergasted, Stupefied, Bewildered, Nonplussed!

Look at all the pretty synonyms~

Whispers seductively and using Jedi Mind Tricks: You want to tell us the true nature of the MC.

8 Likes

@lokidemon007
You’re not the only one! It seems popular. I’m going to branch it off a bit so that if you choose Medjay you actually meet a different character than Elza at first, so it should be interesting!

@Yon
Oh no. That’s a whole DIFFERENT mystery. And if I could stop agonizing over what I’ve already written and get to writing future chapters, you could find out about it. :expressionless:

@TheZod
Oh well, in that case, the truth is that the Grand-master Shadow Warlock that taught you is actually…

Woah.

You’re right.

Nonplussed is a great word! Nonnnnnnplussed. Nonononoplussed. Nonplussedededd.

I love it! Thanks! What were we talking about?

6 Likes

Must you really do this? Are you trying to force me to speculate? You know how close I get when I arduously ruminate these hypothesis, leading me to to surmise said musings enough to create, daresay, factual inferring?

Also - you wound me; how is The Shroudwalkers of Zod not amongst the most consecrated Orders? Blasphemy, I say!

2 Likes

@TheZod

I need you to speculate! I don’t really have any friends to iron out my lore, so you’re a gods-send!

I mean, what’s a Shadow Warlock? What could it mean? The MC isn’t a Shadow Warlock so why is the Master one? Who knows! :open_mouth:

P.S. I’m sorry. Zod just isn’t Egyptian D:

1 Like