Virtue's End (WIP), a dark fantasy story

I definitely see where you’re coming from; I like to believe that Shea ordered the MC to take a name for themselves after their treatment at the hands of their first Keeper, who only used derogatory names for them previously.

The name the player chooses is actually not the original name of the PC, which is something that will be touched upon in later chapters when you learn more about their past.

7 Likes

Well… I’m really hooked on this game already! I liked MC with a complicated and dark backstory, logical plausible interesting lore and RO, the last ones are especially good.
Your writings are extremely captivating, not boring or exhausting.
I can barely wait for update, good luck.

3 Likes

I like the story. Good character so far, I think I’m gonna play it again to see if I can flirt with slwin this time.

2 Likes

@Crimsis is the author of this Wip, you tagged the wrong person :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think this is really interesting. Can you work out a way to make this explicit in the story itself when you’re choosing a name? There’s a little hint of it if you pick Shea’s last name, but I had no idea my first name wasn’t my original name. Maybe add a mention of not having a name in when discussing how shit our previous Keeper was to us?

3 Likes

That’s probably a good idea, I’ll add it to my to-do list! :blush:

2 Likes

Oh creatures changed… I’m a little sad to not see the mara now. But I’m glad the nokken is still there. It was both creatures I didn’t know so it felt really new.

Can I ask why the change of at least 2 creatures ? Is this about the plot ?

So for this new play I chose the nokken (the closest of the mara in stat and in style, plus I find this funny for a male MC ~). So about what is new. I’m really curious about this monster. I chose to spare the monster and strangely… I don’t think it was a mistake. Hé… Time will tell ~. So will this monster have a big importance in the story for the MC ? ~

1 Like

Can I ask why the change of at least 2 creatures ? Is this about the plot ?

I felt that the mara was a little bit lacking compared to the other entities, which is why I changed it to a barghest. It still has many of the characteristics and abilities of the mara but now has some extra stuff added in, kind of like a mix between the two. :grin:

The other entities changed in name only; their abilities are still the same. I changed cockatrice to basilisk because I wanted to include a serpentine/dragon-like entity and I changed spriggan to sylvan because I felt that name fit the entity a little bit better.

2 Likes

huh, so just did the branch where we go and explore outside and was a bit surprised with myself when I decided to let the thing go. Though now i’m curious as to what other choices like that will pop up in the future

1 Like

Does anything interesting happen if you let the creature go, then tell I assume it’s the Templar and dreamer about it?

1 Like

@Crimsis

All four of these options lead to this error.

Oh, it seems you’re playing an older version? Not sure how that happened, I don’t use the chapter1b scene anymore (merged it into one big chapter1 scene).

1 Like

I was using an old save. Starting from the beginning fixed it.

1 Like

I updated the game and created a new NSFW thread. Please head on over there to discuss the game!

3 Likes

@Crimsis Would you like this thread to be closed?

1 Like

Yes, that’d probably be best! Thank you.

1 Like

Please head to the Adult Content section to discuss and play this game!