Virtual Euphoria [WIP] [SHORT DEMO AVAILABLE]

Time to let the question(s) soar, which might not be that many or original:

Will the character creation be a little more fleshed out?

…yeah, thats it, I enjoyed the demo. Haha.

1 Like

@Inepted12
At this point in time there’s not much of a reason to expand upon the initial character creation. That being said, fleshing it out wouldn’t be difficult or time consuming. So if anyone wants it expanded or has specific requests, feel free to say so.

Nah, if its close to being done then theres no point. That was really just a question I ask when I see at least a hint of character creation lol. Love that stuff…

Raises his hand I’d like it if the character creation got expanded. It feels kind of… bland? I don’t know but I think that when you get asked something by such an enthusiastic person there should be some more interaction.

1 Like

If there will be scenes outside of the game, we should have to customize our real appearance too. Also, maybe add a scene where we adjust to the new body? Short person suddenly tall, skinny suddenly becomes muscular, one gender to the other, etc.

Welp, if that’s what the people want. I’ll flesh out the character creation parts more.

Yeah! I have a question though… will all the battles happen in the same way as the spider one?

@Jjcb nshine Well… pretty much. As time goes on you’ll unlock more skills and later battles will involve allies and various different foes, and there will probably be tweaks to the base system between now and whenever this thing gets finished (presumably five years from now), but yes, all battles will use this format.

Huh, ok. Well, thanks for the answer. Now, what would be the best strategy for an elemental mage??? This all makes me want to buy Skirim even more…

@Jjcb

Dude. I haven’t even got a solid tenth of the game completed.

I have no freakin’ clue what the best strategy for an elemental mage is.

1 Like

Oh, no no. I wasn’t asking you, it was a rethorical question. Sorry for the confusion.

That was fun! I look forward to seeing more. Something about the in-game gameplay made me feel like I was in the VR version of an old DOS RPG.

Is there any reason my age has to be nineteen? If it’s not especially relevant to the rest of the game, I would have liked to enter my character’s age, and actually the MC’s email address too, even if it’s just with a *fake_choice. To me, it would have felt more like I got to craft my actual character, and not just my character’s character, if that makes sense.

The graphic on the opening page wouldn’t work for me. Do you think you could put it up on the thread? I’m curious as to what it is.

And, a few typos:
Suddenly the room you’re in lights up, revealing white, featurless* walls and a matching floor.
*‘featureless’ with an ‘e’

“Good. And you’re* E-mail* address?”
*your email

Thay* also carry a mace, in the case that magic is not an option.
*they

Necromancers have the power of death magic. They can use it to raise the dead, but they can also utilize *it’s raw power and cast strong offensive spells with it.
*its

You use the key to open the cage door. Once outside, you recieve* a new goal.
*receive

@Fiogan
Thanks for finding those typos. They are now fixed. :relaxed:

Now, the reason the age is set at nineteen is because it’s part of the story. The player is going to be nineteen, a struggling college student with an awful job who goes to gaming to relax. And the romantic interests are going to be somewhere around the same age. If I let the player decide to be, say, ninety-eight, nothing would make sense.

As for letting the player choose email, I’ll look into that.

1 Like

I will be able to make some evil choices?

Found a bug:
Killed first spider with piercing bolt (Ranger) and got this line (still can’t post pics, apparently)
battle line 810: Non-existent command ‘ifelse’

Get skyrim.
It’s good.
It’s the only game I like enough to crouch walk in a circle for like 20 minutes straight while spamming the muffle skill so I can get my illusion magic up to 100.(invisibility is OP)
Also for an elemental mage depends.
Fire would obviously do the most damage.
But ice and earth might have special effects.

Ok, ok. I’ll buy it. No need to tell me how you play it.

Found a problem

I like it at the moment

I love the idea! I’ve been a big fan of VR MMO stories ever since Dot Hack, and more recent stuff like Log Horizon and Overlord.

The demo so far is pretty cool, and I like what I’ve seen of the combat system.

I’ll be looking forward to seeing what else you come up with!

1 Like