The Lawless Ones (Previously "Villains") Completed! (Remake in the Works)

Ugh, covering the collarbone means wearing very concealing clothing most of the time. Though given how polluted the city apparently is that may not be such a big deal. The hindrance, like with the slave brand for my mc would really come once we’re a bit older and want to branch out to build our own criminal empire and/or engage in activities that require or would at least benefit from more revealing clothing, or no clothes at all.

I suppose once we do get to the late game and have built our own empire we could probably get Celeste or another mage (again my mc is not chancing Steampunk cosmetic surgery, ever) to remove it for us…at an exorbitant cost. I suppose that would involve either taking over the “guild” ourselves or else being allowed to purchase our “freedom” from the Boss at that aforementioned exorbitant amount.

The simplest way to make sure the guards pay minimal attention to the tattoos would of course be to personalize them to each person/child, so that say HotShot has a different one from the mc and they’re not all identical, though it would require rewriting a couple of sentences. Assuming that it is the hidden magic inside the tattoos and not the tattoos themselves being identical that are important of course.

Getting the slave brand from his previous life removed on the other hand that would be a much bigger priority because it is much more embarrassing and disfiguring then a simple tattoo.

3 Likes

True, but slave brands would be located on the back, so it would be a lot easier to keep covered. Alternatively, I could always change the backstory so that the slave MC doesn’t actually have a brand. I did a bit of research and historically, slave branding was usually reserved for run away slaves, and since the slave MC hadn’t ran away before they escaped to Brass Haven, not having a brand at all would make sense.

This is true, however it would always prevent wearing more revealing clothes and it would be very awkward to always have to do the deed once the mc gets older with his shirt still on.

Your call, our dear half-brother and previous owner does hate the mc though and basically looked to any excuse to punish us. Still not having the brand would make things a lot easier, especially once the mc gets older.

1 Like

Total word count, now 97,646.

100,000 mark so close! :blush:

16 Likes

Actually just realized that those are supposed to be just below the collarbone, not above. Should change that. :yum:

3 Likes

images (99)y
good one dear fellow

6 Likes

Aww…thanks.
Your Avatar reminds me, that Vergil costume would be an excellent fit for Steampunk, villainous gentleman. So once he grows up and can hopefully afford something like that, It’ll be perfect for my mc. :thinking: :+1:

2 Likes

hmmmm…that it’s a great idea…nothing llike “persuade” some fellow with a blue gabardine and a knife
:tophat:
:face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Now I seriously regret not making The Boss a grizzly bear in a top hat. :disappointed:

3 Likes

So, I drew Swift…
I’ve been some years stuck in art block, but now I got a tablet, I’m little by little starting to draw again and getting used to the tablet. So, hopefully, Hotshot will be better :yum:

13 Likes

OMG, this is amazing! This is literally exactly how I picture him! The hair is spot-on perfect!

Would you be okay if I shared this picture on social media? I love it so much, I want to show it off! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Sure, go ahead :blush: the pleasure is all mine! I’m happy you like it!!

1 Like

I read through the thread and didn’t notice this typo, but if it’s already been reported: apologies.

Highlighted should presumably be “changed”.

In other news: I’ve only gotten through two origins so far, but I’m very charmed, although I agree with the existing comments about Wolf origin probably not demonstrating sufficiently that they’re verbal. I can only recall Wolf origin actually reciting one phrase, when apologizing to Ma’am for “forgetting manners” and since they then proceed to think about Ma’am’s obsession with specific “human sounds” the exchange came off more, to me, as parroting than communicating.

2 Likes

I don’t, I love it! Thanks so much for drawing this, it’s so awesome! You really made my day. :grin:

1 Like

Nope, no one’s noticed that before. Thanks for pointing it out, I’ll fix it right now.

And yeah, I am struggling a bit with the wolf origin. I do want the character to come off as feral, but I also need them to be well spoken enough that, once you get to the next chapter, they’ll be able to use phrases that’re neutral for all six MCs. Hopefully I’ll find the time to re-write it again at some point. :blush:

2 Likes

Just passed 100,000 words! So happy!

So far the game includes chapters 1 - 5, another chapter which was written out of order (probably 7) a save point and six short side stories which you can access from getting high enough approval with certain characters.

(If anybody would like to beta test the game as it is so far, please let me know and I’ll send you the link. Any help at all would be really appreciated!) :blush:

10 Likes

Why not keep the beta public? At least until you get closer to completion.

5 Likes

I don’t know. Do writers usually do that? Most WIPs I’ve seen only have a demo. (Then gain, that could just be because the first two or three chapters are all they’ve written so far.)

Many do. Keeper of the Sun and Moon is only moving to a private beta now that it is nearing the end. @Havenstone 's XoR project has also had a very open development for one and thus far the Myrmidon his been completely open too.
Ultimately it’s your choice though.

3 Likes

It’s all personal preference, though most writers I’ve seen put up a public demo at least.

I think it’s based on how important it is that you need to get specific and concentrated feedback on certain aspects of the game, especially if you’re almost done with the game in completion.

1 Like