The Lawless Ones (Previously "Villains") Completed! (Remake in the Works)

Nice villians are the ones you gotta worry about.

8 Likes

That’s what many politicians, most often on the religious/conservative side do. The niceness of my mc will for the most part be genuine though.
My mc will be more openly flirtatious and less “chivalrous” in public. Of course due to that brand he’ll probably not dare to actually get intimate with people outside of a very small circle of people he trusts.
Unless and until he can get rid of that brand of course.

4 Likes

Lets not bring modern day politics into this please. My MC is actually going to be nice to the other villans (provided they dont cross him) and be “nice” and chivalrous to others, but only to see if they are useful.

2 Likes

My MC will just be nice in general.

Granted, it’ll be harder to intimidate people with that kind of attitude if the opportunity came, but I’ll figure something out.

5 Likes

I thought i’m the only goodie here😀

2 Likes

You don’t have to be large or a thug to be intimidating. Gus from Breaking Bad is probably a big inspiration for my mc here particularly in that you can still scare the crap out of people if you want without raising your voice while remaining in control.

Besides I don’t envision my former slave mc as really having the physique to be intimidating at the moment (even for a kid, he’s likely a scrawny thing of average height for his age at best, not a schoolyard bully), considering this is a kid who tried to steal corn on account of being so hungry. While his body and stature are hopefully going to improve during the course of the story by then he’d have mastered other methods of persuasion that need not rely on open violence or an intimidating appearance.

1 Like

So many goody-twoshoes swirling around this WIP. Granted, I’m also planning on having my MC be on the nice side, too.

Just because you’re nice doesn’t mean you can’t intimidate the crap out of people. The phrase “Beware of the nice ones.” exists for a reason, ya know.

If all else fails though, he could just try and steal what he needs to steal again.

Because you do not

get in the way of someone

and their corn.

10 Likes

Damn this demo was fun! Replayed it at least 8 times. Can`t wait for moar!

2 Likes

This game is proving interesting.

1 Like

Well, consider me thoroughly invested in another game of yours! I guess I shouldn’t be surprised after The Dryad’s Riddle. I think I like your writing style and characters in general.

I’m also amused that we’re actually able to talk ourselves into heavier pockets if our skills are high enough. I didn’t dare try it after playing the Wolf background. Seriously! The Boss is TERRIFYING. But, as an aristocrat, I happily smooth talked him into simply having me owe 20 cogs.
That was a nice little way of confirming that at least one of our stats is doing well for us.

I’m excited to see where this goes! Although, I’m not sure where, but it appears that during the Aristocrat storyline, you wrote ‘Clarota’ instead of Carlotta. I believe it was when ‘Father’ was first asking for help writing her a love letter.

I’m curious about the backstories. I don’t know if they were just there to build our character (i.e. raise stats, or lower them), or if they’ll affect the story in anyway. If they do, I’d love to see that. Possibly reuniting with ‘Cub’, when he’s all grown up, and becoming somewhat of a Beast Master. Or potentially scamming your evil stepmother or even your half-sibling later in life?

Aaaah, all the things to be excited about for this game.

2 Likes

I’m absolutely in love with this game.
One suggestion, though: For the Criminal background, I’d prefer a choice of how to feel about Mother selling out Father, rather than just automatically hating her. I, for one, didn’t hold it against her. One of them was going to have to hang, and Father would have a much harder time making it in the world without Mother than vice versa.

10 Likes

Wait, I’m not sure if this was already stated but who is our ROs? Are the ROs in the same guild and / or are they the members in the guild?

1 Like

It’s a bit early for RO’s imho, considering the tender age of our character. Mine might look up to Hotshot as sort of a big brother though, whether that will translate to more in time I cannot say at this point.

3 Likes

It’s probably going to be the other six members.

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m back! Sorry to disappear for so long, I was on holiday for a little while and I’ve been struggling so much with the chapter that I’m working on that I decided to get away from the forums for awhile, since it was distracting me from the actual writing. (Still haven’t quite finished writing chapter six, but I’m getting there.) :yum:

5 Likes

Awh thanks! I’m really flattered you like it! (I do have a tendency to fill my games with some very eccentric characters.) :yum:

Whoops! Thanks for pointing that out, I’ll fix that. :blush:

That’s a good point. I’ll have a look over that when I do my third draft. :blush:

2 Likes

The six children you have a cabin with in the guild are all ROs, but I’m in the process of adding two more ROs in chapter 6. :blush:

Are these 2 new RO’s a part of the guild we’re in, or do we just so happen to meet up with them while on a job?

2 Likes

In the criminal backstory, can we run into mother dearest again?

2 Likes