Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

There’s a bug at the beginning. You can’t stay or leave the hiding place!

1 Like

How long is the current demo? when i finish chapter five it starts chapter four again

Would it be possible to get a list of all the romance options?

1 Like

@lokidemon007 and @pxpxp I’m still trying to fix some things and update it so when I do I’ll update the title as well. I took out some unused stats so it’s effecting game play.

@Dread_Dragon So far (this is subject to change because I’m just naturally writing them and I might add Chelsea and Ezekiel) . . .

• Trenton Mason: gay
  • Leto Hachiro: straight
  • Kalypso Walker: lesbian
  • Reese Cabrera: bi-sexual
  • Timmi Mason: straight
  • Jordan Vega: bi-sexual
5 Likes

Who needs romance when we have Xenocide

1 Like

OK. Was worried that there was something seriously wrong.

Thank you. I’m kinda surprised to see Timmi and Kalypso as romance options, it seemed like they were already with each other from some of their dialogue.

Having Chelsea and Ezekiel as ROs could be appealing to people who only want to stay on the hero path.

Also, regarding that “…pit one against the other.” part in the heading, were you planning on making it possible to change certain character’s alignments? Because right now I’m dead set of being a villain but the outcasts are all really cool so personally I’d like to have an opportunity to seduce them to the dark side.

1 Like

I’m hoping to kill Reese because she’s supposed to be my best friend and what not. I feel that once I get rid of her the game will truly allow me to be a Solo monster who even my parents would hate. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

garhch…ach…blurb…rach…

Cant … … … … breathe… ach … So much hatred…

1 Like

Hmm regarding your shadow powers, say you are in an open field in the middle of the day without anything that can make a shadow. Would you still be able to use your powers?

You cast a shadow if you have a body

1 Like

But then you won’t be able to use shadow teleport since there is only 1 shadow.
Though if you level your power stat a bit you could get Darkness Aura which created darkness by itself and Shadow Mimicry which makes you a shadow. I wonder what would you do if you didn’t have these powers yet though.

Shadow maurinette then force them to hurt themselves

@Dread_Dragon I wasn’t planning on allowing you to change their alignments but with the outcasts you can make them lean a certain way with you, since they’re in the middle. There will be places where you can stop or encourage evil things. But the other two, not so much.

@Frog Yea, if there’s no darkness around you’ll just create some using your energy. When there is, you’re mostly manipulating it. And the shadow teleport requires darkness, but one of the powers that allows you to just turn into a shadow doesn’t.

3 Likes

Would you ever be able to manipulate other things too or your only power will be darkness?
Maybe manipulate light? It would be interesting to have contradicting abilities

2 Likes

I am planning on adding some stuff but it won’t be light. I feel like MC will be a little OP when it comes to the powers that weaken their own, if I give them light. Though it could make for an interesting internal struggle.

I’m looking forward to unlocking shadow mutilation in… I dunno chapter 23? When we’re finally released.

I don’t think light is that strong, you could have it that when you become a hero you’d mainly use light and as a villain you’d use darkness. You could also get basic abilities from both but at the cost of not mastering either of them.

The ironic thing about it is despite seemingly being a good/pure power you could use it for destructive purposes like burning things, blinding people, creating laser rays and things like that. Kinda fits of how the heroes are in this game.

Eventual evolution of our character.

images

10 Likes