Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

I don’t think that decision is up for me to make. I do believe the staff does that and it’s only if your game is quite popular like CCH.

1 Like

Not sure if someone mentioned this or not, but during the scene where Jordan, Reese and the MC are looking for clues for the Dean’s password, Reese is getting called Toni…

1 Like

Thank you for pointing that out, I’ll make sure I go back over that chapter before updating. :grin:

1 Like

Sooooooooooo, when the MC is on their rooftop alone, thinking about everything, no matter what opinion I chose about her parents it always seems to lower their stats. Is there a reason for this?

Typo

For those choices the choice you pick sets the entire value of the relationship with your parents, the same way it does Reese. So if you choose the one that says you dislike them or they were just there to teach you or something it changes the entire value to 40. The highest you can go with those choices is a relationship of 80. Did that make sense?

@Noah stares at the typo in horror

cough thanks for that lol

2 Likes

It kind of does make sense. It was still a surprise and a little confusing at first because I had brought up the parents stats up to 85, and then when I picked my choice it brought it down to 80.

There’s something else I wanted to ask; ok, so in the scene where Reese gets caught by the heroes, I get three choices. One of them is to surrender, the other is to just drive through them (not surrendering, basically), and the third option is to just blow up the serums. Now, in my opinion, blowing up the serums is kind of the same as surrendering (while also making it difficult for the heroes). I mean, she literally steps out of the truck with her hands up in surrender… before blowing the truck up. It still (sort of) technically counts as surrendering. So anyways, when we finally meet up with Reese, she acts like we decided to ditch her and drive off with the serum, and that’s because that’s what the cops told her. My question is, why did my character act like that’s exactly what happened? Why didn’t she get the chance to explain to Reese what really happened?

Oh, and my final question (for now), how do I get Leto or male Mason to help defend Jordan?

2 Likes

Ahh I see, I’ll take another look at that.

In the new bit that I’m going to update it with, I went deeper in it because when I reread it, I didn’t like it either. So you kinda did validate it for me that I should’ve allowed you too. In the surrender one (I might have to look again) I don’t think you blow up the serum though. You just give yourself up and the serum is still intact.

And lastly, you can’t. The purpose of that is to just introduce the behaviors of your other teammates when it comes to helping out teammates that aren’t of the same faction (villain, hero, and outcast)

2 Likes

That’s kind of heartbreaking. Would I be able to change their minds on that later on in the WiP? If the stats are high enough, I mean.

Also last question (for now), during the scrimmage, is it possible to throw the match, but make it look like we did our best, and basically make it difficult for the hero at the same time? I kind of want to make hero boy work for his win. Not only that, but afterwards I’d also like to have my character walk up to Jordan and basically say “And that’s how you throw a match!” while also smirking jokingly at him.

Yep, even added in a stat for the Team’s relationship.

And there is, I forget the exact words of the choice but after you choose to purposefully lose, it does go along the lines of saying make him work for it and get a few hits in. But the part about Jordan is hilarious and I could definitely look to add that in as a choice.

2 Likes

The Outcasts

*Information within the sheets will change as the story progresses and you learn more about the characters. You will find that some of them have either: not told you the full story, lied to you, or haven’t told you anything. (Or hacked their own bio and erased everything)

14 Likes

Um, correct me if I’m wrong, but in the WiP it says that Leto’s eyes are completely red…

Yea the artist didn’t actually do it the way I was thinking. I have to find the PSD files she sent me to change it myself. The way his eyes look now is actually how a MC with red eyes would look, his are more demonic looking.

1 Like

Update Note: I updated Chapter Four but if you have already played it then I also updated it today at the end. Some stats are still being worked on but there should be no bugs, as far as I know.

• Chapter Three and part of chapter two is still being massively edited because of me not knowing how to stick to one tense and be happy. So warning there.
  • Part of prologue has been changed.
  • I’ll be including the link to the template soon. Also all of the character sheets are now posted, they’re up in the abyss of the discussion somewhere.
  • I think that’s it . . .
14 Likes

I have a question. In the latest chapter there’s the option to teleport the girl that’s stuck under the rubble to safety (if we chose to save her) or put her out of her misery, but both options are greyed out, which is weird because my MC has already killed before and have already upgraded their shadow teleportation power. Or was there another power development point I missed? Also, IMO, that was a pretty jarring scene transition…you go to sleep after discussing what role to play for your ‘heist’ and BAM! Next thing you know the whole place just got bombarded. What happened to the plan?

1 Like

In order to do a few things in that scene you have to have had did the Outcast investigation, otherwise your wristband is off and therefore can’t use your powers.

Also I completely agree and I went over a ton of times how I wanted to do that entire area, and in the end that was the way I wanted it to all go down. From the way you all handle that night, thinking that you’ll have time and you’ll be one step closer to uncovering things, to how everything (literally and figuratively) blew up. I wanted it to be more of a shock if anything, making it so the MC has to both wrap their minds around all this suddenly happening as well as trying to get out.

1 Like

@ToxicDreams love the new chapter. But ill say this, dont become one of the monsters who would hurt our souls; Katrina, she deserves happiness and recognition. Saying how she shook and looked down made me feel terrible as a person. Its still making ,e sad even after our talk.

are u supposed to die no matter what? I keep dying no matter what I chose at the end

1 Like

It’s most likely a cliff hanger the we’ll be saved and in bandages next chapter maybe.

3 Likes

lol that makes sense

1 Like