Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

There’s death in other games unless you’re mainly referring to the sex lol.

2 Likes

You know it’s a shame Captain “Volunteer information serum”

never questioned me about the murder of the mugging victim. Or murder in general.

9 Likes

@ToxicDreams
Not sure if this already reported or not, but I’ve found two error:

Summary

This when choose “They would make formidable allies.”:

This when choose to make them get back to their work:

Haven’t updated any of chapter two yet, I’m a slow updater :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

The game seems good and I would like to play through the full demo, but I’ve had to restart it around five times because it keep giving me messages like nonexistent variable for sincere or leadership

2 Likes

If you can cause an endless night so the world is in eternal shadow and we’re absolute master of shadows you could cause an Extinction level event. Being Omnicidal just means you have to be more careful to not end up being put down like a rabid Animal. You’re going to need to buff your INT stat as well as your patience. But if you believe in your dreams and put in the hard work you can destroy the planet. :wink:

3 Likes

What would you do after you destroy everything though?
It would be boring to live with no friends, ROs or pretty much anything else to do and the game will have to end

1 Like

The game has to end whether we’re the hero, anti hero, world dominating Villain, Normal Villain, or omnicidal maniac. The story has to eventually end.

3 Likes

Just so everyone knows, I’m well aware of the issues and errors coming up during Chapter 2. I haven’t updated the game yet because I haven’t had the time. I will update the title when it’s all updated (chapter three included). Thanks.

14 Likes

I’m a little late to the poll but what I think the MC would be most afraid of is loss of agency.
We all have to deal with considering how much our environment effects us and our views.
However, in this case in this story the MC is constantly being pushed towards certain philosophies about his powers.
So, to me the most frightening thing would be being dragged along into an identity or crisis with the MC’s consent or desire.

4 Likes

Plus we’re in Hogwarts if it was also a prison and a public school and a private school rolled into one. We didn’t ask for this. The fact is actual prison would be better because than it’d be slightly less condescending.

1 Like

I have always considered powers associated with darkness to have a supernatural element that corrupts the individual, I wonder if in this story that is the case?

5 Likes

Shhh lol. But that is indeed why I had one of the fears be yourself and why I’m a bit against giving the MC light powers as well.

5 Likes

Even if Destroying the world is impossible can it be my characters goal? I don’t want to half ass my ambition or villainy.

7 Likes

that’s the spirit “if i cant have it no one will.”
or “I’ve always wanted to Destroy a Celestial body.”
no greater Ambitions a villian can have also no shorter thought out

2 Likes

Wasn’t it said you are a class D and can hopefully get to class C? You need to be like Class Z or a child of 2 parents of Class Z or something to be able to destroy the world. It doesn’t really matter how much you train if you’re born weak. It’s kinda like if you’re born as a house cat and want to be stronger than a full grown tiger, it will just never happen o.o

3 Likes

Just use your brains then.
:fox_face:

1 Like

Brain over brawn my friend if you control someone by their shadows go to nuclear power plants Noone can stop you

2 Likes

You can’t really destroy the world by going into a nuclear power plant, maybe you’d destroy a city at best. There would also probably be heroes and technologies that will detect your power and the place will be very heavily guarded, and someone also needs to be close to you if you want to control their shadow.

The best idea actually would be to sneak into a nuclear silo base and hack their computers and while everyone would be busy fighting the hackers you’d take control of some of the commanders and launch nukes towards China/Russia or other major countries. This will require extremely high power and skill mastery (maybe like 100+ of each) but could start a global nuclear war. It’s still not enough to destroy the world entirely though, places like Australia/South America etc will remain safe.

3 Likes