Villain: The Catalyst [Minor Update and Poll - 09/08/18 - ]

• I find it weird that we only learn what the upgraded powers do after we unlock them. That seems like a bit of an oversight.

• Is it possible for the machine to detect our power potential to be wrong?

• The password you provided does work.

• The game resets to the scene where Trenton/Jordan spars after we’re introduced to Commander Clayton. Afterwards if we do any of the group scenes, the game cuts to Jordan’s group scene, and after we’re done messing with the computer, the game ends.

1 Like

Good point, I’ve been meaning to add them somewhere. Also, while we’re all waiting for that obvious fix, there’s a list of powers and what they do in the stats page.

And I’ll see if I can fix all those issues, thank you for pointing them out.

6 Likes

It does indeed work! It was actually one of the ones I used before. If anyone was having the same problem or had the password be rejected even though it is right, clear out your cookies that will put it right!

1 Like

That is ALMOST the password, but you have an extra e in there, it’s “GBRJ_0922Lawrence”, not “GBRJ_0922Lawrenece” (see the second e?).

2 Likes

Maybe you should add a light character as opposed to the MC in terms of both powers and personality

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking of doing that, but the problem arises that they will negate your powers almost like how Timmi can, but they’ll just naturally seem OP beside you, since light beats dark. And they won’t be added as a main member (not yet anyway) so I didn’t really think that would be a good idea.

7 Likes

Has it been three months? Does it count if I’m the one replying? Oops. But I wanted to do a poll type thing to figure out what, as readers, you would believe your MC would be the most fearful of, deep fear. I just came up with some from the top of my head but if anyone can think of some big ones that are more psychological based, then please input them as well.

• Themselves.
  • Disappointing parents.
  • Dying and leaving nothing behind.
  • Being alone.
  • Other. (Comment)

0 voters

7 Likes

Fear of being a failure.

3 Likes

This.

Right now the protagonist can be played as being perfectly fine with being alone, hating their parents, having utmost confidence in themselves, or not having any drive to fulfill some great destiny.

But being a failure is something that can apply to your character regardless of what path they choose. Even if they only want to have fun or be left alone they can still be afraid of failing that objective, especially if they were to, for example, be held captive by the government for the rest of their life.

So yeah, failure seems like a pretty good fear for the protagonist since it can apply regardless of their motivation.

Also I’m glad to see this is still being worked on. It looks like an exciting take on the idea of having the player be a super villain, and so far all the characters are really engaging.

7 Likes

See if my parents are pressuring me to be a Villain I’m going to want to be a heroine . If I’m supposed to be a Villain ya gotta give me motivation ;p

2 Likes

Aww you mean the whole ‘doom upon the world’ and ‘world domination’ mindset isn’t motivating enough? :grin:

2 Likes

I wanted to be a hero at the start, I never really liked being evil.
After I saw that the heroes are actually worse than the villains it kinda motivated me to be a villain though. Besides if everyone already thinks you’re evil, you might as well be one.

4 Likes

I also see no reason to be villain. I wouldnt be a hero (Those guys suck) but i wouldnt just hurt people for the fun of it.

4 Likes

I want to make a joke but I also want to explain what I mean so here goes the latter.

1. Heroes Rise series.: I started off as an aspiring hero but as I saw the corruption around me and the pathetic excuses for heroes I slowly turned until I was dating a girl who nearly destroyed the city and killing the President.

2. Grand academy of Villains: You’re a clone of your mom who is a former heroine turned Villain who expects you to be a Villain it’s a school for Villains. So when time comes you can choose to be a hero of course I take it.

The former game wants me to be a hero but turns me into a Villain while the latter wants me to be a Villain but turns me into a Hero.

I mean if you want to motivate me to be the opposite you got to try to force me into being what you want me to be. I’m going to see if the game will convince me to be evil though.

4 Likes

I guess there is a scene in the game where someone asks the MC what he/she wishes to be.
if there isnt one already, can you add an option where we can tell them, we want to be an antihero, a merc, serve ourselves or something like that ?
Personally i think most villian are pretty dumb and i hate that hero rightfullness shit ( there are some heroes and villian which are pretty well developed and not cliche. It mostly depends on the story. I mean, i didnt like superman that much, yet i love his vengeful dumb tyrant broken-hearted mthrfcker version in injustice. Still a bit dumb, but a lot less shitty ) , soooo… :point_up:
:fox_face:

1 Like

I think being an outcast like Kalypso is the best choice.
And I don’t know, I would hurt anyone who is willing to hurt me too.

Like there was this scene with the woman being mugged, I tried to help her at first and instead of thanking me she yelled and called me a freak. I quickly reloaded and gave her a scare to teach her a lesson, and I was very close to killing her altogether. I didn’t kill any of the guards later on though, they were just doing their job patrolling, and they weren’t going to kill me but just shoot me with darts anyway.

2 Likes

Oi! Spoilers on Grand Academy for Supervillains!

Hey love this idea so far episcally how it seems to be I can be evil but have morals I love that so I m not just doom and gloom. Maybe we can add in a maps skill that could help us escape the police and get around the city faster etc

I’m feeling so much pressure now lmao!

@Hearts The most I do believe I have so far is just an area where Jordan asks you why you want to be a villain, everyone automatically assumes you want to be a villain until you make it obvious that you don’t. Game wise though you can choose between villain, outcast (anti-hero, anti-villain), hero, or I’m me . . . which is basically outcast as well but is more so if you don’t want to hang out with the outcasts like that.

@Blank hmm, I will have to think about adding that somewhere. Maybe a memory skill?

4 Likes

Wow the game starts with a school shooting. That’s risky business.