VERSUS: The Elite Trials — Infiltrate the Elite gods, or turn double agent?

Okay. So can you get an agility apprentice or is it just command strength tech and energy that can get upgraded

Only Tech, Command, Stenght and energy.

1 Like

Why is there no agility abilities?

Perhaps the author is afraid of the character becoming too powerful too fast, considering another oddity of the sequel.

I mentioned in the playtest that I had a playthrough i which the agility score was higher than some of the powers I got apprenticeships in.

And I thought that, combined with the bag of spilling at the beginning of the game, might be particularly upsetting to players who chose the agility memory as their precious taboo memory in the first game.

The other oddity- Absorbing a robot and a farmer in the first game, it’s possible to get three (four if you count the agility thing which a player ought to have available) apprenticeships, but absorbing the power of the two gods you can advance one, two powers if you’re lucky in your choices or metagame.

I can’t really see any other way getting less benefits from deities makes any sense, other than the author wanting to slow down progress.

6 Likes

so right now you can only get up to novice abilities right

For the Alias game the 1st challenge (when Cadet Gadget asks you) you have to have high trustworthy or calculating and for the second (when Pinkuju or MamaNa accuses you) high outspoken or contemplative
And that’s really it
I can post more detailed guide if you want me to

5 Likes

Hands down this game is awesome.

But I have to join the choir of people being somewhat confused or disappointed by stat stuff. I have a character that specializes in Energy use. After the last boost from Todrick’d MemoryTravel he’s at 22 Energy which in my understanding should qualify him for a Novice level. Only there doesn’t seem to be one.

And this post got truncated. Bottom line, I look at the stats. Sue me. I crafted characters in Versus 1 with specific sets of stats to take into 2 and essentially that gets ignored for the most part.

Qualify your character to get the Energy Apprentice, not the Novice. The only way to get the Energy Apprentice is to reach 100% of Energy.

1 Like

Which is my point. At 20+% Tech I CAN start the game with Tech Novice but the same is not true for Energy (not sure if it’s possible to get any of the others that high). Maybe being able to get Tech Novice is a bug. I don’t think the game ever gave me an opportunity to take over a weapon anyway. Either way it’s not consistent which is always a major quibble with me.

1 Like

yes in at least one occasion against imperva and I think there is other choice that depends of novice tech.

1 Like

It is not a bug, because you will always get Tech Apprentice, it does not matter you level in Tech.

What’s the vigilante planet achievement? I’ve only gotten utopian planet achievement

Huh, never even realized one could start the game with tech novice, I was more interested in getting multiple powers rather than specializing.

Any interesting applications for tech novice in the game? In the playtest I was rather disappointed that there was no opportunity to use the energy novice or strength novice powers in the game.

So the cut off for tech novice is 20, or lower? One can get apprentice with less than 10, after all.

For anyone curious- I will buy this game, but my process of playtesting includes playing the game over and over and over again until I’m just downright sick of it, so I need a cool off period before I can enjoy the game again.

i swear im close to an agility apprentice… possibly. highest i got is 60 but its closer than before! i just need to know what to use for full absorbing Queen Ashe!

The cutoff for Tech Novice seems to be 20 Tech, yes. Might be lower, but that’s as low as I could get. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s almost impossible to finish Versus 1 with a Tech ability below 10 actually. My last save has 14 and I never leaned on Tech though I did siphon the Bominate stream for +2 to everything and absorbed Todrick which might be good for a flat bonus as well. Wouldn’t think that was more than another +2 bump though.

The queen only gives you Energy (Fire), Command (Rule) and Strenght (Might).
There is no Agility Apprentice.

Let’s just hope there isn’t another bag of spilling in the next game, I found it annoying in this one, especially since it had the possibility of making more than one choice from the first game meaningless.

3 Likes

Those Echelons are hard to find, I still need the 9 and 10.

How did you get to RO Oli I’ve been trying non-stop and it keeps saying tgat im just going to go with Lady Venuma all the time. Even when I choose choices were I tell her I don’t won’t to really be with her. She cock blocking me when I don’t even want her, how is that even possible? I dont want lady venuma and impreva and breezy. I want that Oli love.

Did you chose to romance Lady V in installment one? If so, my understanding is you are forced to stay with her in installment 2.

1 Like