Vendetta (WIP) (Chapter 7 + Ash Hangout Updated on 7th March 2024) [356,701K Words Total])

@Bulk_Biceps @Damnjackson @AAChmielewski Did you guys play with an old save? This is most likely caused because the old save still remembers the state of the variables from before the update.

Before the Part 2 update, I mistakenly set the wound variable as non-numerical variable. I just realized this mistake as I was writing Part 2 and changed it correctly to a numerical variable.

If you play with old saves, the system still remembers the variable as non-numerical one, which is why you’ll get this “not a number” bug if you check the stats and for certain parts of the action and post action scenes.

That is why I put up a disclaimer to play from the beginning and with clean saves :sweat_smile: Playing from the beginning with new and clean save should fix the problem, since I’ve playtested it just last night and I’ve ran it through Quicktest and Randomtest and they both passed too. So, it’s most likely the old saves.

17 Likes

Yep, that’s the problem! I will replay later, then, but congrats with an update!

@Van1llaPudd1ng @Knoez Glad you guys are loving Part 2! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Also, did you try out all of the lethal options? Do you have a favorite? :grin:

Haha :joy: Luka still sees MC and Ash as little kids sometimes, and also, it’s a force of habit since Viktor and Cara (mostly Viktor tho :laughing:) didn’t like it if he cursed around little MC and Ash.

I’m also really glad that a lot of people are loving Jackal :sparkling_heart: My Tumblr inbox is filled with people loving him and Luka and their dynamics :face_holding_back_tears:

I’m hyped to write the shovel talk scene between MC and Jackal later on :laughing: It’ll be fun to write out his responses to MC’s attempts :wink:

@Cingulum_diaboli As @TheTal said, you’ll need at least 50 in Intelligence to unlock the hacking option.

As for your stats, they look okay, although, if you want to, you could’ve invested a bit more of the points on Charisma to Intelligence instead (If you’re looking to unlock the Intelligence options). You can get around 55 in Charisma and 50 in Intelligence (this also applies to any combination of skills you want to).

Yup, I actually felt a little bad when writing them out too :smiling_face_with_tear: But yes, writing the goons reaction to it is also satisfying in its own way :laughing: But, I think I can safely say that your future opponents will be people who might have it coming and are more guilty than this guy.

@Xoromin Ah, thanks for bringing this to my attention. Sometimes I have a hard time trying to act out different types of MCs all at once and I sometimes forgot about some choices :sweat_smile:

I do have the looking away and not-celebrating scene, but I think I put it for Merciful MC. What I can do instead is maybe change it, so instead of the two reactions being for Merciful and Ruthless MC respectively, I can make them based on your MC’s choice of feeling in Chapter 2 when Grandpa gave out the mission to MC.

@ilovecoins Oof, yes, I see that it’s another case of putting in Ash’s pronoun variable instead of MC’s :sweat_smile: I’m sorry about that, it will be fixed by next update!

@AAChmielewski Thank you! :smile: Let me know what you think about it :smiling_face:

16 Likes

I test with both power on different playthrough and the battle scene was beautiful and magnificent! @jsc you deserve all the praise. :hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I focused on charisma just because I wanted to get a scene where MC successfully plays rich kid and then flirts with hotel employee :sweat_smile: Normally I would choose to be tech nerd.

4 Likes

Of course I tried them all! Every choice feels equal in quality & weight. I can feel and just see the scenes unfold thanks to the details and descriptions. I can’t decide which way of “sending a message” was more horrific…at the end I was just silently with my mouth agape…like мать моя…and Ash…I mean :heart_eyes: cannot wait to see their relationship bloom in to :fire:

But i am in love with my shadows and everything about them, they just feel like a dark hug, like being wrapped in a void that will protect you, my lovely bloodhounds or more shadowhounds :dog::black_heart: :dog: & my shadow tentacles - I feel like the most badass dark shadow wielder.

I love the lethal fight with the “Project”, I really felt how powerful I was, the quick work I’ve done to take them down with my two pups and the shadow claws. It was ruthless, bloody and just brutal - no mercy :skull_and_crossbones: to my enemies. Although it didn’t feel overpowered, few moment got me worried for my MC.

For killing the Detective I chose the drowning…the umbrakinesis “sending a message” was just soooooooo BRUTAL I couldn’t do it to someone who was on their knees…

Also the different names for the guns & the cod names are just so beautiful :heart_eyes: , it really shows how much thoughts :brain: you put in to it. Every one of them has a different meaning but still has something to do with the subject. I chose Phobos & Deimos + Nix

OMG yes! Even if it won’t be in the story because you’ll feel that it isn’t right, it would be so awesome to read it here or on your tumblr how the MC would do it. I really love the way you write the dialog, its just always fun, witty and cheeky :ok_hand:

P.S.: I really appreciate the brutality/rawness & the details in the story, it feels realistic & immersive - no sugar coating.

2 Likes

Already reported.

3 Likes

We always get tons of big reports every update because people don’t listen when they say “start over”.

4 Likes

Will there ever be a cheat mode? You know, for the fun of being a OP badass

This update is incredible! I’m so glad to finally have a chance to finish the mission, and being able to go full Dark Souls on the man in the water with my umbrakiness was just chefs kiss. And when Ash fanboyed over it?? So cute. I love those murder babies.

Oh and dude, your stats overhaul is a full-course meal! Thanks for feeding us. And is it new, or did I never notice the “hidden stats” section before? Regardless of which, I love to see the relationship tracking with everybody.

At the moment I’m playing a clueless flirt with Ash, and a shy flirt with a fem!Rin, and it’s a recipe for angst and heartbreak without intentionally messing with anybody. Delightful! The telenova sis in me is salivating for the drama.

Oh and I love the chemistry with Jackal and Uncle Luka. That old man deserves a murder husband and I’m so happy to know that he is someone I can hire as muscle for my criminal organisation, rather than a drunk detective or something.

5 stars on UberEats for you, author.

3 Likes

I have a question how much INT do we need to be success in hacking the elevator? My MC has around 50 INT but I think he failed to hack it because he need to use his gravity power to reach the guy room.

P.S: I’m on the process of playing over to try out all the lethal option :yum:

I loved the update :heart:
My MC wants to be the heir but they don’t have the guts to do the dirty work so… Let’s see what happens :sweat_smile:

It’s hard to kill the commissioner when he’s willing to share all the information and details :sob:. I wanted to spare him but MC had to do their mission.

The main issue is that all the options are brutal :melting_face:. I cannot decide what is the best merciful option. My MC prioritises umbrakinesis so…

10 Likes

I initially went for an INT/CHA route for the hacking option and failed. So I replayed again and put all of my points into INT (apart from the first choice at school where I relied on my shadows) and managed to pass it without a hitch.

For both runs I only powered up my Umbrakiness stat.

May I know how much is your INT in that playthrough?

Maybe I should play around with the stats just to see every option available.

Sure thing! When I passed the check my INT was 65%. When I did it the first time and failed I’m pretty sure it was 53%.

You can’t go wrong with playing again though, it’s a really fun game.

1 Like

yo tell this jack guy i don’t wanna be hearin bout my uncle’s sex life

18 Likes

Uploading: Screenshot_20221030-231038_Chrome.jpg…
Found this

I…honestly can’t say, I mean I guess drowning is the most merciful since it causes less external damage and pain, but then again, the psychological torment of drowning isn’t exactly pleasant either.
Just tossing in my two cents though, if you want quick and (relatively speaking) painless and you don’t care about a mess, slicing the carotid artery with a shadow would probably do it, or decapitation but that’s a but harder for obvious reasons.

Thank you for the confirmation, I think my INT was 52% no wonder it failed lol.

2 Likes