Vendetta: Rise of a Gangster -- Reinvented

Well, we seem to have a clear front runner.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…while I like the Suffragette for my personal gaming I’d likely just stick to the quite excellent male backgrounds.

Indeed, and I see you’re back Mara.

2 Likes

When I read suffragette my mind imagine Like an alien voting urn with super powers. It is a weird word for me. Yeah, male backgrounds are great too It is one offew games that I will like switch between genders frequently.

2 Likes

To be honest, none of the male roles stuck out to me, with the exception of Black Hand and maybe Street Gang Leader.

Out of all the new females roles, Burlesque Dancer is the one that attracted me the most. What can I say, I’m a sucker for the classic “manipulative, deceitful and attractive woman” role.

5 Likes

Hey we chose the same ones in the votes! :smiley:

3 Likes

Like always I am so clumsy with technology. I only voted for one background by mistake lol :crying_cat_face: I like Burlesque due is the most near with how i play charisma persuasive, leadership and that. Also burlesque clothing is pretty.

Black widow sounds good but I didn’t like the Black hand origin in males so I don’t know.

I probably like the female version of college students because sounds great… As is a interest background play with a really intelligent woman in a hostile environment for being an intelligent woman.

1 Like

Everyone’s about this burlesque dancer and black widow background

2 Likes

Given that I’m assuming that I’ll be playing a FemMC similarly to my old MC’s, I went with Nurse, Suffragette, and Business Entrepreneur. Most of them tended to be more towards a “legitimate” business owner with plenty of intelligence, but the Grifter option just didn’t fit in (curse the '20s for it’s lack of options!). From what I understand, though, those three options for with what I’m looking for.

1 Like

Did you have something particular in mind? It’s something he always carries with him and will use in any suitable situation, more so than most other backgrounds. It has become part of who he is, as a symbol of his past.

At the time of writing it’s looking fairly neck-and-neck, which is interesting. We’re also clearly starting to see the “these need a rethink…” ones!

I feel especially sorry for the poor Ex-Pinkerton – especially since she, by chance, just happens to have two of the important Attributes for a good mix of both ‘Spotted’ and ‘Reputation’ New Business Opportunities, in which combination she is rivaled in potential only by the actual Business Entrepreneur.

You’re clearly not alone! A fair percentage was expected; be interesting to see the final result.

Aiming for the ‘something for everyone’ approach here, obviously – even if that something is a male background. So long as most people find at least one on either list that perks their interest, I’ll be reasonably happy. :smiley:

Not sure if you can just go back and add the others? If not, no matter – noted. :slight_smile:

Heh, yep. Actually, including the male College Graduate in the first place was a bit of a stretch… (fewer than 1% of first generation Italian-Americans even got to high school, never mind graduated college) but I felt we needed to also include someone with more of an intellectual background for those times, just to round things out properly.

8 Likes

I was playing mafia 3 a few days ago, and it got me thinking, can we do the same thing that Lincoln does? For example if the MC want to send a message he uses the knife instead of executing rivals by other means

3 Likes

Ah, yeah, I get where you’re coming from. There is certainly an element of that in the choices he has in particular situations, yes (that’s the “part of who is” thing!). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not entirely implausible particularly since Italians are just white people and if our mc is on the lighter shade of Mediterranean in complexion he’d just blend in at college, except for the last name of course.
Our young college graduate was probably both very smart, to the point where it overcomes his Italian-American background and even the head of the Sean’s charitable foundation apparently considers it a crime to let that particular young mind go to waste. I suppose if college grad gets upgraded in the future you could amend a few conversations, particularly the one with Nick in the diner, again, to reflect just how rare the mc’s college degree is in the community.
Still I think you for including the background as it is my absolute favourite.

4 Likes

Hm, I was able to go back and change my vote by clicking the ‘hide results’ button. Perhaps you could give that a shot? :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I fixed it thanks for the tip. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi! Long time lurker here. I actually made an account just to tell you how THRILLED I am that this game is back on. There’s a fair few WIPs that I’ve loved and lost - just the nature of this kind of thing, which is fine. But I’ve never been able to shake Vendetta and I’ve only ever been able to play the demo that’s available now.
In fact, I played it a mere month ago because I still have so much love for it. I’m so unbelievably excited to see that it’s come back - and with a vengeance :wink:

As a girl, the college kid is probably still going to be my ‘main’ play-through. It never personally bothered me about that - I usually switch up gender in games, going to whatever draws me and feels right. But! I am SO excited about the new female options. I already felt like this game had incredible replay ability and my mind is kind of blown that it’s going to get even better, and I definitely appreciate the female option is there. Thank you so much for coming back. It sounds like you truly love this game and you have such a talent for writing, so I just can’t wait to see where this goes :relaxed:

3 Likes

Huh. Burlesque Dancer was the clear front runner when I voted. Tons of people suddenly voted for Black Widow in that time.

2 Likes

It is the name, it is really badass. My problem is that the name has not really nothing to do with the stats associated. Lol Black widow makes people think in a seductive assassin, a con artist, a poisoner. Not in a violent black hand member. Except is Elder Scrolls Black hand.

1 Like

I think you might like the female role counterpart to the college boy best. From what I understand and despite the not so sexy-sounding name the Grifter is a smart and seductive (if the player prefers it that way) female con-artist.

1 Like

I picked the WW1 nurse, the prizefighter, and the ex Pinkerton.

Of the 3, the WW1 nurse is my favorite. So much potential for drama.

1 Like

I have to look up in my dictionary what grifter means. I thought at first it was Griefing lol. it is a word that sounds terrible, like craven. So probably people would say… Hell, I don’t want be that. We need to think.a better marketing term :wink:

1 Like