Venatici House (WIP) (Demo Released 11/8/20)

Sorry for the question (I am tired after a difficult day so I am a bit slow to understand things) but i don’t understand why the title say released but I never heard of this game before so where was it released?

1 Like

I believe it means the demo has been released, not the whole game. I hope your day gets better!

@Jimmy_Jones @Jackpot1776 Yes it was just referring to the demo lmao let me fix that now, I didn’t realise it would be misleading sorry!

Update: There’s uh, there’s no edit button on the post but if I’ll fix it if I can figure it out haha

@heij – I will convert the first post to a wiki, so you may edit it again.

Thank you!!

@Eiwynn Sorry, do you know how to edit the title? I tried to edit the post but accidentally ended up creating a new one instead (deleted it though).

1 Like

You should be able to edit that too now.

Haha don john=Dungeon, kastell=Castle, love it!

5 Likes

This was a very fun read!

We’ve only had a few scenes on our history with Eddie, but I already feel a connection to them. The demo does kinda make it sound like Eddie is dead though (I played the boyfriend route, if that helps), so I’m glad that they are in fact, not dead.

When Gil left me steamed buns for breakfast, he won me. …I’m probably gonna feel bad about this later when we see Eddie again :grimacing:.

I’m still a little scared about Gil’s background and about the contents of that guitar case, but I’m ready to hear what he has to say.

also, how do you pronounce Gil? Is the G silent or do you pronounce it as “gill?”

5 Likes

I pronounce it as “hill” tho I think gill or geel is also acceptable.

Good thing the author said that we can romance anyone even if we have eddie as our past lover. :eyes::eyes:

(Based it on this ask)

3 Likes

The word Venatici reminded me of Venatori and I got myself into a ten hour Dragon Age day dream I had to crawl out of before I started the game lol
I’m writing this as I read.

1. It would be nice if you specify in the trigger warning whether it’s about the mc or someone else – it made me quite hesitant at first.
  2. Cutting short hair is a nightmare compared to cutting long hair. Long hair usually needs only a trim at the tips – it’s easy to reach and won’t look too horrid if you know the steps. Unless you have a bob or buzz cut or an easy to maintain undercut, trying to cut your short hair will make you look noticeably horrible. Even with buzz cuts and easy undercuts, if you’re not familiar with the clipper you’ll look like, in my mother’s words, “a rat nibbled at your head”. But then again, that may be Asian hair problems. White people with straight hair seem to have very thin, easier to maintain hair in general.
  3. I’d like an option in the reaction to the limo thing where you can be like, “hell yeah this is great” and not feel guilty lol
  4. I love Irma’s relationship stats ; - ;

The writing is great and I’m fascinated!

5 Likes

Gotta agree that managing short hair is a nightmare, I wake up everyday with anime protagonist gravity defying hair, and cutting it yourself needs multiple mirrors and head twisting so that you dont shave a large portion off the back of your neck

My (almost all) very Irish genes would like to argue with you about that statement

8 Likes

Generally, asian teen girls can cut their own hair without problems. This became a trend, from what I’ve seen as my friends do it too often, especially around the South and Southeast Asia. But I really think it depends on the person.

Gotta give our grandma some lovin’.

4 Likes

Please tell me if I’m doing it wrong but when I try to edit the title my mouse turns into a stop sign and I can’t click on it? Thank you (for your help and patience haha)

@violet @French_Fries :eyes: Glad you’re feeling a connection to them (just as planned haha). I’ve learned something new today, I didn’t even know Gil could be pronounced as ‘hill’! Gil is actually short for Gilbert though so to me it’s gill, rhymes with kill (couldn’t resist sorry haha)

2 Likes

@Sel_Lee That’s totally understandable haha.

1. Thanks for the heads up, I’ll edit that!
  2. As an Asian guy with short hair myself… yeah it’s really hard to cut lmao I don’t know why I described it as somewhat manageable. After some trial and error I’ve learned how to do the sides and maintain the back a bit (sort of) but I’d never survive without a hairdresser lol.
  3. Noted!
  4. Happy to hear that haha, she’s a sweetheart.

I can go ahead and edit the title for you! What do you want it to say?

Gil can be a standalone name (I usually hear this in Spanish-influenced cultures!), but if it’s short for Gilbert then I think “gill” is right!

2 Likes

I still say it as “Hillbert” :sweat_smile: but yep if it’s Gilbert, “Gillbert” or “Jilbert” can be right, depending on how G is pronounced in your area.

I can also do the same but I’ll let Violet do the honors. If you don’t want to, you can always reach out to our reliable moderators.

1 Like

@violet @French_Fries Thank you both! I just wanted to put a ‘Demo’ before ‘released’ (so it says ‘demo released’) just to prevent misunderstanding.

I had no idea ‘Hillbert’ was a thing either or ‘Jilbert’! So interesting haha but yes, ‘gill’ for our Gil.

3 Likes

You got it! Does that look good to you now?

2 Likes

That’s perfect, thank you so much!

1 Like