Hello, everyone. I have not been active recently due to university. But I’m back now and I have a new update.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to voice out your opinions about the demo. Any suggestions and bloody reactions will be graciously accepted. Corrections about grammar, miscoded pronouns and coding errors are welcome too.
Please note that I am not a native English speaker and I am not a professional coder I only learned about ChoiceScript and various coding rules a month ago (im basically a newly hatched bird) so I ask for your patience.
The demo includes the prologue, first chapter, 50% of the second chapter.
There are currently 83,896 words (excl command lines).
You are a bright-eyed youth trying to pave your way in Velos. Having been accepted in the kingdom’s greatest academy, you left your ager and started to anticipate a new life.
Yet Diés have different plans.
Rebellion, terrors, and overwhelming responsibilities come your way as you began to realize a power concealed deep within your being. Turns out the academy did not accept you for what you could offer, but for what you are.
Be ushered to an elite group of Draello’s best. Form companionships and maintain your marks. Unravel the conundrum behind the mist of secrecy that engulfs the kingdom of Velos.
Besides, entrusting the fate of Velos to mere students. What could possibly go wrong?
What's it about?
The story takes place in a high fantasy world. Specifically, the kingdom of Velos. The MC is a young person ready to set out into the capital, Milton, to pursue their dream of entering the most renowned academy, Draellos.
The first few days were alright. They were serene. However, a sudden terror act immeditely turned the kingdom upside down. A death threat to the king. Terror bombings. Massacres.
The sudden treasonous deeds definitely blindsided the king and he must do something to protect his kingdom and his throne.
With most of the kingdom soldiers decimated, the king has no choice but to utilize Draello in his plans. A decree to form an elite group of students was ordered out of the blue and the MC was unexpectedly selected despite their obviously lacking skills.
However, it was not an incidental choice. The MC was accepted into Draello and was selected to be in the elite group not because of what they could offer, but because of what they are.
A spawn of Diès.
- Play as a female, male, or nonbinary MC; customize your gender and romance preferences.
- Interact with different unique characters. Form friendships, relationships, rivalries or be a lone wolf.
- Six romance options, for now. Two males, two females, one gender flippable (nb included), one gender flippable (m/f).
- Select your classes. Maintain your marks or infuriate your professors.
- Discover your abilities. Use it for your own gains or use it to help others.
- Gain items by strange encounters, by stealing or simply by generous individuals.
- Confront the mystery engulfing the academy and Velos in general.
- More features will be added as the demo progresses.
You’ll encounter the terms Green, Yellow, Blue and Red in the game. These colors basically represent a student’s year in the academy.
Green - first year
Yellow - second year
Blue - third year
Red - fourth year
Here are the romance options that are introduced in the demo. There will be more
Joven/Jovenn/Jovenne Alastor - M/F/NB - Yellow
A charming dormmate of yours who evidently do not take life seriously. Has a striking appearance and a way with words that easily charm every person that lays their eyes on him/her/them. Apparently forced you to go drinking at a tavern on the night before your first class.
Achaius Holte - M - Green
The only son of the duke of Cal and is rumored to be the King’s favorite. Quite a stoic man, he places his utmost efforts on nothing but his studies. He offers no concern to irrelevant individuals such as you.
Calleo/Calleomé Levan - M/F - Red
A delinquent that seems to dread any form of authority. Has a feud with Parzifal Drakos and the academy’s headmaster. A fiery individual who is filled with troubles that only captivates your attention more. Try not to be a moth to this tricky flame.
Parzifal Drakos - M - Red
A model student full of responsibilities and worries. He is described by others as a caring and reliable leader who constantly concerns himself with every single trouble at the academy. Has a feud with C Levan.
Oselie Wrae - F - Blue
A sardonic dormmate of yours who seems to mask her worries with rude remarks. But deep down, you know she is far from the unsympathetic façade she is trying to exhibit. Basically, a tsundere.
Eloin Gremil - F - Green
A fellow student who appears to be timid and easily embarrassed. Her kind and down to earth character attracts the attentions of several people who find her adorable, although she tends to shy away from any spotlight.
I made a dev vlog! → tumblr
- First Demo Post
- Prologue + 3/4 of Chapter 1
- 37,000 words (excluding command lines)
- 41,000 words (including command lines)
- Dorm activities now available.
- Location 1 now available.
- Fourth class now available.
- A new romantic option introduced.
- Updated word count: 56,000 (incl command lines)
- Updated word count: 50,000 (excl command lines)
- Optional classes are now available.
- Fifty percent of chapter two now posted.
- Updated word count: 91,959 (incl command lines)
- Updated word count: 83,896 (excl command lines)