Vampire House (Complete)

Octobersixth line 119 increasing indent not allowed

Hmm… Doesn’t look like there’s an issue in the file, and I’m not getting any error when I play the game myself, whether from the index file, or from the linked dropbox file. I’m not sure what could be causing it.

I’ll try messing with some goto/label commands before the next update, and see if people stop getting it.

Edit: hold up, I tried random test, and that did fail at the point you mentioned. Very interesting.

DOUBLE EDIT: Oh my god! Random Test is awesome! :smile:

I mean… I knew it existed, I heard people talking about it, but I never used it myself. I found a bunch of bugs just letting it run 50 or so times. I wish I had known about this earlier! It won’t help me find typos, but it’s a much easier way to make sure the game is stable before I show an update to all of you.

Also, the update is fixed, so you shouldn’t have a problem any more.

3 Likes

On the second visit to the goth club the gender flags aren’t working right. My character was a she and the people there referred to her as a he. The game seems to be coming along great I look forward to its completion.

Thanks for catching that. It’s fixed.

oOo

And we’ve got an update. Alex(is) goes through the gate, and now from this point forward, you can visit either Damien or Roxanne during your events. I’ll be writing their events from this point forward, however once I’m done with that, I’ll be making progress on the main story until we hit the finale.

At that point, I’ll have to write everyone’s endings.

And then… that’ll be it. I’ll just have to edit this thing into something a little more presentable, and we’re done!

2 Likes

Nice update i can’t wait to see more of damien :slight_smile:

By the way, when talking to Jeremiah and Roxanne appears, i was playing as a female but the character was referred to as a ‘he’

Does reading the books add anything to the gameplay, are there additional conversations or anything like that? Because I haven’t noticed any changes if you read the books and gain an ability.

Thanks! I’ll make sure to fix that tag later today. (I cannot seem to stay on top of those)

There’s not a whole lot of options added for them yet. I’ve been mulling over whether I want to keep them in the game at all. If I don’t cut them out completely, then during the editing process I’ll go back and add options to use those skills when appropriate.

For the time being, they’re fairly useless.

1 Like

I just wanted to ask well we be able to get more books for different kind of skills or is that not happening . Also on a side note Amazing update. :sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s a tough call. I’d like to make this some huge game, with tons of extra stuff do to and all that, but I’m trying to be realistic about the time frame I’m working with here. I don’t have a set deadline, but I do recognize the importance of not biting off more than I can chew.

More books = more skills= more writing.

Right now, I’m on the fence. I need to be conservative about my time and how much I’m willing to write. I’d like to have skills and books, but I recognize that it might take too much time.

One of the reasons I’m trying to be careful about how much time I use up here is because I’m planning to compare the money I make from this to my current job.

I work a near minimum wage job for 30 hours a week, or less if we’re under a crunch. My yearly salary is 10000 or so. If this has the potential to be more profitable, I’d prefer to do this than work some crappy customer service job.

So… I’m trying to be economical about it. Based on what I’ve read around the forum, I shouldn’t get my hopes up, even if I believed I could write at least 4000 words a day if I were doing this full time. I recognize most people on this site don’t make a ton of money.

At the end of the day, this’ll probably just wind up being a nice little windfall for me. Still, I’ll try to make it work, and get a realistic idea of how it compares to my current job

Maybe make the empathy and mannerisms and the charming devils book the same skill?

That’s not a bad idea…

Truthfully I was actually having trouble finding good spots to use Empathy anyway. So far Charm and Sneak are the only skills I’ve had an easy time finding spots for. Empathy hasn’t come up even once.

If I wanted to add more books, I could also focus more on ones like Secrets to Studying Success, since I don’t actually have to write anything extra, they just give a generic training bonus.

on the second visit to the other world when the PC talks to Damien the PC says “Isn’t hat all the more reason not to talk to him?”. you are missing a “T”

Thanks, in the process of correcting that I found a couple of other errors too. Mainly I had Jeremiah imply there weren’t any major towns nearby, despite finding one the next day.

The current update is fixed. Thanks for your help :smile:

I’m sure you may have already answered this already but, are the romance options restricted based on your sex?

Nope. And I actually didn’t get asked that yet.

Everybody’s inexplicably compatible with the Alex(is) regardless of gender.

You know, because I’m just so open and welcoming and accepting of the LGBT community. It’s definitely not because I’m a lazy programmer, and that’s the easier thing to do.

Certainly not.

3 Likes

I really enjoy the demo! :blush:
I was just wondering, my character is a female but at the part where the MC mom decides to show baby pictures it says this “I think he was in the fourth grade,” my mother said. “He was playing Rudolf. Isn’t that costume just adorable?”, it says he when my MC is a girl.

This story is really good, and I cannot wait for the whole thing to be finished!

Thanks! Fixed the update where you mentioned it.

2 Likes

I can’t believe I actually remembered to note typos and gender tag issues.
Look for asterisks. :].

After the firebomb with good Elizabeth relationship:
She backed away from me. I watched as her expression shifted from worried to embarrassed. She quickly ran away from me. A few chuckled* came from the crowd around us. I stood up. “Did they catch them?”

Texting with Malka as a girl:
I guessed Elizabeth managed to convincer* her I wasn’t her boyfriend**. I hoped that didn’t involve mentioning me trying to stone her.

After sparring with Matthew conversations options:
“Why are you training so hard?”
“Thanks for calling my* up.”

Bell-making:
I spent almost half an hour painstakingly drawing and erasing runes on the bell with a marker. Any time I was even slightly off, I erased and tried again. I couldn’t afford any accuracy*.

Entering the pack grounds as a female:
“Who’s the human?” A boy approached me. He looked like he was around twelve or so. Long scraggly hair fell past his shoulders. “Is he* allowed to be here.”

You found a ton of stuff :smile:

Thanks for the help! I’ve fixed up the current update.

I’m currently in the middle of writing Damien’s events. I should have them finished by the end of today. I’ll write Roxanne’s tomorrow.

2 Likes

Alrighty. Damien’s events are finished. I’ll do Roxanne’s tommorow and I’ll have officially finished writing every romantic option’s story arc. Minus the ending arcs of course.

This thing is really coming together. I’m actually going to finish a project.

I’m… pretty excited, honestly.

4 Likes