(Update 26/04/21) Balance of Superpower 2: Tricentennial (WIP Superhero, Sci-Fi, Romance)

This is a work-in-progress sequel to “Balance of Superpower” with the first four chapters of the game being playable. It’s around 55.000+ words.
https://dashingdon.com/play/rustemk/balance-of-superpower-2-tricentennial/mygame/

This time you can either play as Rio or create your own character, though keep in mind that the character’s superpowers and background would be predetermined.

14/02/2021 Update - Added chapter three to both routes, just in time for Valentine’s Day!

12/04/2021 Update - Added save slots, a few achievements, and expanded the museum part among other things.

26/04/2021 Update - Added chapter four to both routes as well as some additions to chapter three.

Have fun and tell me what ya think! :slight_smile:

57 Likes

Ooh lol wondering when you gonna come out with the continuation part :joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:.
@Rustem_Khafizov I even mentioned how unique MC is in first part somewhere couple days ago…

1 Like

Oi @Rustem_Khafizov I’ve got a weirdest question (lol just so ya know, I haven’t read much yet) would Rio exists in the storyline if I select/play (as) a new character?!?

1 Like

Yes, not only does Rio exist, there will even be an option to romance them. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s awesome, a bit weird (and creepy) since played as Rio last time.
Btw G’Luck with the writing.

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat: I’ve had somewhat of a deja-vu right now so, went and opened first part…

This is from the second one

Summary

This same description is in part one but with a year earlier considering Rio came to the Academy a year ago…

Summary

And this is from part one…

Summary

Then this is from part two…

Summary

Now lol before you assume anything, I’m not criticising harshly or something just saying that a bit of a different flavor from the first part would be great…

1 Like

Yes, if you begin the game as a new character, the intro mirrors the one from the first game. That’s intentional. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmm, lol still a bit of an odd/different flavor to that would be a good thing considering this is a completely different character than Rio Ramirez.
Again this is just my opinion…

1 Like

Oi @Rustem_Khafizov is there gonna a be a save option?!? :roll_eyes::face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking:

The new character is meant to be Rio’s opposite, both in power and background. Yet their roles in the story are very similar and they have a lot in common.

I might add it if I’ll figure out how to do it. :slight_smile:

Oh damn devils, I kinda missed that this new character is from Pekanbaru, Indonesia…

Hmm…

2 Likes

Oi @Rustem_Khafizov lol it’s sound for Rio to investigate and smell for this new MC?!?
:joy_cat::smile_cat::smirk_cat:
Someone have to bother MC…

Some of the choices are EXACTLY same word to word from the book one for the new character, like the ones that asks why MC wants to be a superhero.
And the choices when they asks students to demonstrate their powers…

Summary

2 Likes

Yup :slight_smile:

I can reword them if that’s an issue, but since the choices would be essentially the same, I’m not sure if it’s necessary.

1 Like

Even if the meaning and outcome are the same wording makes the difference too

For example to tell some to ‘leave me alone’ I can tell them to f@#k off or simply as them not to disturb me.

1 Like

Yeah, but here the whole point is for the new character’s intro to be as similar to the intro from the first game is possible, while also having some key differences.

2 Likes

But it’s exactly the same…

Lol this is kinda what I’m saying…

Ok lol I’m gonna go and read this now…

Very interesting game! The set powers and ackground didn’t really appeal to me- I usually like to choose my own character’s customization, but the story was interesting :stuck_out_tongue: All the colors are very…bright- doesn’t really match a character that’d be more “broody” or cold. lol it was funny to find a character with my MC’s name- Misty :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Which colors would you like me to include in the game?

1 Like