(Update 11/06/21) Balance of Superpower 2: Tricentennial (WIP Superhero, Sci-Fi, Romance)

Thanks to the awesome naadilust there are now pictures of all 20 ROs in the game! :smiley:

You can find them in the first three chapters during character introductions or in your stats screen!

2 Likes

Wait, does that include Rio, since they are the MC in the first game / one of the routes in this one? :thinking:
I’m wondering since to me they are only a RO, not having played the other game and not planning to do the other route here.

2 Likes

Yes, if you’re playing as Sky/new character, you get 9 ROs, including Rio.

If you are playing as Rio, you get 12 ROs, including Sky.

The only character who is romancable to both is Misty, but her route differs quite a bit depending on who you’re playing as.

1 Like

No but I mean, does Rio have art too?

1 Like

Yes, ALL ROs have pictures of them now.

2 Likes

That’s so cool!
Now I’m happy I didn’t have time to play the update yet, since I’ll get to see the art while doing it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Do you know how I imagined the characters? Like the drawing style of a Spanish channel of youtube called Tiktak draw where they tell stories of all kinds by drawing on a blackboard with markers. The point is that every time I imagine him in that style, the only thing that does not have color is his skin tone, but the facial details distinguish that a character is African American or Asian. By the way they are good drawings but North seems to me like a man in his 30 XD. But hey it still looks good. Also, I imagined Lex and April wearing sportswear like a tank top because of their active personality. April for the fun of sports and Lex ready for a fight anytime with her ponytail poised. Madison still looks scary even though she lacks that punk tone so if scary :slightly_smiling_face: but her short hair is enough. SKY reminded me of Captain Planet from one of those 80s or 90s shows. Dino seemed adorable to me, although too adorable for it to seem difficult to believe that they were afraid of him, although people like that are superficial so they do not carry the appearance they will fear or despise you. Noir looks great with that simple gothic black outfit and Flourish I never believed that he had hair that long or that he will wear a flower crown, he literally believed that the flowers were growing on his head but he looks very well dressed taking care of his image so that he has that plant protector aura. It is a very good job that this artist did with her own style. If I could I would also do fanarts but I can do fanfiction of a spin-off character to imagine new adventures in this universe or the origin of these characters and even very personal and important experiences for them. I still haven’t seen Valentine’s art and that guy from the museum but it sure will look good and I’m here commenting on outfits that would look great on these characters. I think this universe is getting richer and richer as well as attracting the attention of more people.

1 Like

when your MC is also named Misty:

3 Likes

Misty would probably think you are a version of her from a parallel universe :slight_smile:

1 Like

You made me remember Power Rangers when I saw the Pink Patroller XD drawing. But all this was a good work of the artist.

2 Likes

Lol I thought the same thing . Used to be one of my favourite heroes

1 Like

Yeah, he’s kind of a parody of those shows, I imagine him performing a lot of over-the-top gestures and poses like a classic sentai hero :smiley:

2 Likes

Chapter six is now playable to both routes and features your hardest heroic mission yet!

It also includes a movie-watching experience as well as the part where you get to design your own heroic outfit! Leave your suggestions for which outfits and accessories I should add to it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It’s interesting to think regarding catalyst’s past that before all this hero stuff he had a life like everyone else with a power that went unnoticed but it also generated a thought for me regarding those friends who realize they were good because of someone else and not because they had the talent to excel but simply catalyst was like those concentration drugs that many medical students take before studying for their exams and it made me wonder, “If Catalyst ever wants to take the connection back to them how will they think about seeing him again or how will they bring up the old friendship they had because if I were them I would be very depressed.”

On the other hand Nopareille I could ask her the question regarding if she (sorry is that gender pronouns is confusing in my native language so I refer to them as my language allows me to refer e to them and their names as for example Nopreille looks like female name in my language and my intention is not to offend anyone omitting the other gender identities) possesses the feeling of empathy when they destroy the other robots and that made me think regarding the origins she had in parallel to her sister Singularity sister as products of the technological singularity that we were warned about since the 1950’s and with that she and her sister being the only conscious machines on earth as opposed to her fellow robots which in itself is a Czech name meaning forced laborer and the thoughts that arise from this android regarding being the only one of its kind or having empathy with other robots or rethinking a new name those like her that do not refer to them as servitude or forced laborers.

In other issues I think that those villain that was DJ and those twins Amber and Cian I think they were a Luddites since this was a type of people that were harmed because a machine came and ended up displacing humans from their jobs so they were outraged with the displacement and wanted to destroy those machines as long as the society would be able to survive. machines so that society could return to the old days where music was an art produced by the spirit and human creativity and not a product of algorithms analyzed by a computer or where the effort of a worker is recognized as a human being and not a nut that you can replace whenever you want.

And finally watching the patriots movie in college and the mention of a suspicion that Hawk was in love with Sage made me think again when Pink Patroller showed up at the museum and upon seeing the effects of her powers on Hawk mentioned that her true love was no longer with us which reaffirms my theory that indeed Hawk had feelings for Sage and now lives with habe’s anger. Now she lives with the courage to prepare new heroes to face dangerous villains who not only harm humans but also other augmented ones who only want to live in peace without discrimination or hatred, which was the dream of Hawk when he had separatist desires of United States and form a nation of augmented.

1 Like

That’s a good point. My guess would be that they would be torn between feeling proud to know someone who is a famous superhero now, but might also feel resentful that he unintentionally “tricked” them to think they were better musicians than they actually were because of his powers.

Wow, I didn’t even know about it. That’s a very useful insight, thank you!

Pretty much, I wanted to focus on issues other than augmented and regular humans’ relations for once and instead show a futuristic type of problem, specifically automation and how people react to it.

That’s exactly what I was going for, I’m glad I conveyed that idea! :slight_smile:

1 Like

The characters are all unique and interesting. My favorite character is Oliver, but I also like Sami, aka Semantic. It was a good idea to make two different playable characters with different romance interests.

The pacing is perfectly fine. I like every scene with Oliver, and Sami.

I would like more choices, but the current amount is fine too. I’ll like the game either way.

Good job, keep up the amazing work!

2 Likes

Thank you very much! :slight_smile:
What kind of choices would you like me to include?

1 Like

More choices when there are romantic scenes with love interests. More choices when talking to love interests in general. Sorry if that is too vague.

2 Likes

Okay, that’s a good idea! :slight_smile:
Do you mean more conversation options? Choices of how your character responds to them? That sort of thing?

1 Like

More conversation topics would be great! And choosing how I respond to the character would be fun! It’s like picking choices that reflect your personality: Sassy, sarcastic, sweet, that kind of thing.

2 Likes