Upcoming Hosted Games Releases — 2016

THESE ARE NOT OFFICIAL RELEASE DATES. THEY ARE ESTIMATES AT BEST.

Follow us for updates! (Until we announce something on one of these channels, it’s not official.)

Vampire House: Released January 22nd.
Lost Heir 2: Forging a Kingdom: Released January 29th. Next in the Lost Heir series, by Lucid.
Wizardry Level C: Released February 12th.
Scarlet Sails: Released March 11th. A pirate adventure by @Felicity_Banks.
Magikiras: Released March 11th.
Guns of Infinity: Released March 25th. The sequel to Sabres of Infinity, by Paul Wang.
First Year Demons: Released April 8th. A contracted title by @ladybird.
Best of Us: Released April 22nd. A new title by @Goshman.
Gambling with Eternity: Released April 29th.
Starship Adventures: Released May 6th.
Doomsday on Demand: Released May 6th.
The Iron Destinies: Released June 10th. Play as an iron atom traversing the universe! by @davidaberner
The 3Games: Released July 29th. Can you survive a dystopian gameshow? by @scie
Academy of Disaster: Released July 29th. Solve a murder in a mob-run boarding school. by @23murasaki
Swamp Castle: Released July 29th. Build your own kingdom from the ground up! by @jerieth
Machinations: Fog of War: Released August 19th.
Samurai of Hyuga 2: Released September 16th.
Tomb of the Khan: Released October 6th.
Elemental Saga: The Awakening: Released October 6th.
Twin Flames: Released October 21st.
Zombie Exodus: Safe Haven: Released October 28th.
Tokyo Wizard: Released December 15th.

Please don’t review games on this thread. Start their own threads.

Because someone asked me, to clarify: Hosted Games go on this list once they enter the publishing queue, meaning once we’ve received a full copy of the game. HG WIPs won’t show up on this list.

83 Likes

This might be kind of a stupid question, but what does each stage mean? Things like “copyedit” or “beta” are pretty simple, but what do statuses like “Pending Submission/Assets/Release/External Approval” mean?

14 Likes

Copyedit: the game is being copyedited in full; that process can take about a month.
Pending release: we’re waiting to release the game
Pending assets: we’re waiting for the author to give us something we need to publish it
Pending Submission: we have the assets, but there are still internal production tasks to do before submitting.
Submitted to Apple: we’re waiting for Apple to approve it.
Pending external approval: we’re waiting for someone to do something

The word “production” is from the Greek for “hurry up and wait.”

To give more detail, “Submitted to Apple” means we have packaged the game into an app and submitted it to Apple. Apps do not magically appear in the iTunes Store. After submission you may wait a day, you may wait a month until the app is approved for sale. We have no way of predicting how long the review process at Apple will take.

This is also one of the many reasons why the question “When will my game come out?” is a bit like asking “Exactly what day will we land a man on Mars?” We’re going to Mars, we know we’re going to Mars. Your game is going to come out, we know it’s going to come out. Many things are impinging upon us being able to say what day it will be.

44 Likes

Is it just me, or is vampire house already released?

1 Like

No, it’s not officially released. If it hasn’t been blogged about, and if you don’t see it on the Hosted Games page, then it’s not officially released.

3 Likes

Submitted to Apple means we have packaged the game into an app and submitted it to Apple. Apps do not magically appear in the iTunes Store. After submission you may wait a day, you may wait a month until the app is approved for sale. We have no way of predicting how long the review process at Apple will take.

This is also one of the many reasons why the question “When will my game come out?” is a bit like asking “Exactly what day will we land a man on Mars?” We’re going to Mars, we know we’re going to Mars. Your game is going to come out, we know it’s going to come out. Many things are impinging upon us being able to say what day it will be.

5 Likes

Damn apple suree do take its time cant wait for upcoming games

3 Likes

So it’ll take much longer for the rest of us who use android devices like kindle and phones?

2 Likes

Apple has a(n often greater than) ten day approval process, and they reject ~15% of the games we submit, often for stupid reasons.

Google and Amazon have < 24 hour approval process. They’ve never rejected a submission.

Getting a game released simultaneously on all platforms, therefore, is dependent on Apple. Once it’s submitted to Apple, it’s in the hands of the Apple gods. It is never (to date) in the hands of the Google or Amazon gods. That’s why “submitted to Apple” matters.

34 Likes

How long is the steam process? And how come more games aren’t on steam. There are so many more products on steam that shouldn’t be games but are, so how hard can it be to get a COG on it? Just curious/ hoping for more games. :wink:

The answer to the last part of that question can be found here, as well as on some other places on the forum, but this was the first one I managed to unearth:

4 Likes

Contrarily, everyone can take a chill-pill and relax. The games are coming. The community’s still here, and there’s no need to harsh your mellow. If there were a significant issue, I’m sure that the CoG staff would let us know. As you’ll read above, release dates depend on clearance by the fun people who runt he app stores, as much as anything else.

Trying to compare CoG to a AAA publisher is like apples and oranges. You’ve got a small staff who are quite limited in what they can do versus a large staff with a significantly larger following and a hell of a lot more media presence and a lot more rabid users with torches and pitchforks coming to burn their metaphorical house down.

So- bottom line: remember that there are no hard times for release, and just enjoy it when it comes out.

23 Likes

As long as the games are coming out,I really couldn’t care less about the date.

15 Likes

I tend to work at small companies with under 10 employees. Even if we’re all going flat out with urgent/emergency work we still have to take the few seconds it needs to update customers on situations.

A few words to your customers goes a long way no matter your number of employees or workload. There is no reason CoG can’t drop a few words on the thread or update the first post

6 Likes

This thread is not the place for this discussion.

24 Likes

We’re edging awfully close to what I said in this thread last year at about this time: If ya’ll get shirty about how often we update this thread and we are perfectly happy to take it away.

15 Likes

I’d just ask that you don’t take a couple of bad apples as spoiling the whole bunch; I’d say that most of us are aware of proper etiquette hereabouts.

3 Likes

Well, I won’t speak for @jasonstevanhill and @RETowers, as it’s something we’ll need to discuss, but speaking for myself: I see more than a few bad apples. I see a lack of understanding of issues and procedure that we’ve explained over and over again.

10 Likes

I suppose that’s fair; I’m on the ground floor looking in, you guys have the macro view. I don’t know if you could lock the thread and leave it pinned, but that may alleviate some of the issues you’re seeing with it. At any rate, thanks for taking time out of your day to do what you do.

9 Likes