Alshaya: The road to Eshatta (Wip) Updated: Tuesday 22 october 2019

Hi, i have begun working the first book of a series of three. My other wip The black kingdom kingdom will be second in the series but i will put it on hiatus until i finish this one.

I plan to update regularly if everything goes well. Cause I really want to finish it and buy a PC or a computer with the money gained Then I will be able to write fully confortable. Writing on mobile phone is so painful :joy:

Note from the author

This interactive book will take you on a long journey, a quest where the paths and choices will be varied, leaving you with relative freedom. Some paths are shorter, others longer, some rich in adventures, others calmer. You will be alone for much of the story before you can perhaps make some companions. I hope you will like this story enough for you to want to read it again, try out the other possibilities and discover all its richness. This I.F. book is the first of a trilogy taking place in the world of Shamanka, 10 years before the second book: The black kingdom (Which I will continue when I finish this one). Unlike The Black Kingdom, you will be pushed here to undertake a quest, with a specific objective, that of simply surviving. No One True Path (mandatory path to success), the routes are multiple and different, no riddles or clues to collect. However, some items will be useful, so keep a careful eye on your possessions. Finally, this story will be more linear and a little more dirigiste than The black kingdom because of its scenario but you will nevertheless have many choices.

Summary

As a young warrior from the nomadic tribe of the proud Bektis, in the Talishan Desert, on the edge of the Black Realms of Shamanka, you are left for dead following an initiation rite that turned against you. You were saved by the peaceful Osamans. But you soon fall into the hands of an opponent who subject you to a cruel game. In a race against time, you will have to go in search of a healer in the distant Eshatta, the city of sorcerers lost in the heart of the Red Mountains. And if you survive, perhaps also satisfy your revenge… A long journey is coming, a journey that will change you forever. If you come back from it…

What am i looking for?
  1. "Low-level"typos and continuity errors. A continuity error is when a character’s gender flips, or someone comes back from the dead, or you run into a plotline that just doesn’t make sense. For these low-level issues, screenshots are very helpful. If you see a problem, take a screenshot.

2. “Mid-level” things like grammar, word choice, or the use of commas.

3. “High level” things like plot, pacing, and characters. “Scene A didn’t work for me because x, y, and z,” is useful feedback. “B character was entirely unsympathetic, because u, w, and v,” is also useful feedback.

Content warning

As of now, there’s nothing that come to head, i will update it as the story progress.

Updates

Update 1: The prologue, the first chapter, part of the stars screen and the begining of chapter two are done.

Update 2:
Updated chapter two: Meeting with the antagonist and other NPC’s

Demo

Enjoy!!! :raised_hands:

30 Likes
hello! got some typos and a bug

i got the bug after meeting with yali again

2 Likes

Hi. I fixed the bug, as four the typos i will correct them in the next update. Thank you.

Before asked about your gender, there is this:

“Ah, our guest is finally coming to his senses. You worried us unconscious like that, burning with fever. But Yama didn’t want you dead, the divine huntress, mistress of wild animals, spared you. And you killed the great lion, we found his body near yours, your spear stuck in his heart. Gods, what a fight it must have been!”

Should probably be a gender-neutral one there. Maybe, ‘The senses have returned to our guest’ or something without using ‘their’? :thinking:

Short, but interesting. Will keep an eye on it. :eye:

2 Likes

Yeah. I didn’t noticed it. I will fix it in the next update.

Thank you :smiling_face:

1 Like

I love your writing style! (Also I kind of assumed the book’s title to actually be ”Untitled”. Guess I’ll still have to wait for that one to happen. :upside_down_face:)

1 Like

Thank you.

I’m still thinking of a title but you are all welcome to propose :smiling_face:

Hi guys. This update is just a small one. I will update again when the second chapter is done. Enjoy!!

1 Like

When I chose to be a man

1 Like

It’s fixed. Thank you

1 Like

It’s not an especially creative name, but one thing you could call this project in the meanwhile is “Warrior of the Bektis” since that is what you called the nomadic people of the main character. As a title, it tells it like it is by giving away nothing secret about the plot, while also being up front with readers who the main character is. Simple, but effective.

1 Like

After choosing short hair

@LadyUmbreon89 Thank you i will make the title that in the meantime.:relaxed:

@TheBlast The bug is fixed, it should work now. Thanks.

1 Like

Hi guys. Updated chapter 2: The meeting with the antagonist and other NPCs. I plan to update again around 4 or 5 days.

Enjoy!! And let me know your thoughts afterward. It really help. Have a good day :relaxed:

1 Like

This showed up When I typed in my own name

1 Like

It’s fixed. It should work now. Thank you.

1 Like

Found this :bug:

bug

1 Like

It’s fixed. Thank you

Hi guys so, i have two title at the moment. Which one should I use

• Alshaya: The road to Eshatta
  • Journey to the city of sorcerers
  • Keep the current temporary title

0 voters

3 Likes

The poll is closed guys. So, i’m gonna change the title: Alshaya: The road to Eshatta. Thanks to those who voted :blue_heart:

2 Likes