So since this is the other project I’m working on alongside Chronological Caverns I thought I’d make a thread about it. No title as yet but the premise is that it’s 1953 and your MC is working for a top secret international organisation at the height of the early days of the Cold War, battling an evil group whose aim is to destroy the nations of the world and dominate.
Oh, did I mention there are people with super powers, including yourself? And Martians and other monsters exist? Essentially it’s a tribute to the book based James Bond, 50’s films and the Silver Age of Comics. I can so far confirm the following character aspects which should be present:
- Your character starts at 20 years old as a young agent in 1953. The game is likely to span roughly 8 to 9 years, finishing in 1961/62. A altered version of the Cuban Missile Crisis might be the final catalyst.
- Players can select from special origins both from their source of power and country of origin. Right now these are Alien, Magic, Mutation and Gadget, effectively the four sources types of power source in comics usually. For country players can originate from Britain, the USA, the USSR or China since those seemed the most suitable world powers of the time. This will impact the beginning or the game (so if you’re from Britain you might have lived through the Blitz as a child).
- Your actual enemy though is a different crinimal organisation (think SPECTRE in James Bond). These two aspects will likely have an impact on who your arch enemy in the game will be, which changes depending on your origins.
- Totally undecided on romance yet but I know there will be some. Some sort of combo of ‘Bond Girls/Bond Boys’ and the types of love interests super heroes have, most likely.
- Exact powers have yet to be finalised but they will likely be avaiiable regardless of their source - size changing is likely to be one. The idea I have is each core power gives you access to a special vingnette during the game - so using the size change example, you might have found your love interest has been poisoned by the enemy and you’ll need to shrink down inside their body to sort it out.
That’s what I have so far, any thoughts on what you’d like to see in a 50’s era game would be awesome!