Until the Colors Bleed Gray {WiP} (Updated 11/6/20) (Now with new music!)

This isn’t a demo update or anything but I’m finally a member and now I can edit my posts, bless. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Anyways, for anyone curious about me missing the update release by a week, here was the comic entailing my incompetence that I mentioned earlier!

Lemon is a Fool: Illustrated

I’ll probably fix the stats and some grammar mistakes this weekend before working on the opening scenes for chapter 2 (I decided it was better for chapter 1 to end here), so I’ll see you then! :lemon:

18 Likes

So I went through the game once. I’m really quite fond of the premise. Having a blind MC must be both so very limiting, but liberating at the same time. Having to forgo sight entirely allows one to heavily focus on other aspects of description. (i:e touch becomes SO much more prevalent, as well as the feeling of being totally lost and confused when in a situation that would require sight to navigate, like the hallway scene, with the MC being more or less surrounded by obstacles, and with zero control, lol.) I’m honestly pretty excited about this, not going to lie. I’m a sucker for unique concepts, and unless I’m mistaken, I haven’t seen any other CoG creators making a blind MC. I’ve been wondering though… customizable cane? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

3 Likes

Okay I finally got off my lazy butt to make comment lol. So the plot/setting of this is super interesting, especially with the concept of a blind MC. I also love meeting all of the other characters in the school, they’re so full of personality! I’m excited to see where else this goes!

On another note, idk if you’re aware of this but…I was getting a error during the scene when MC fell of Calyspo :sweat_smile::

I’m glad you like it so far! As for the cane, if people want it, I could perhaps put in a flashback scene or something along those lines which can add to mc’s background and personality while also featuring more of their non-faere friends! :eyes:

Hmmm, that’s strange, is there a chance that you remember the choices you made on your walk to school (Ex. the plants vs animals choice, etc.)? The choices at the part where you experienced an error depend on those so maybe I accidentally passed over something. Anyways, thank you for reading! Your demo is amazing and I’m honored that you took time to look at mine! :grin:

Feel free to ask questions, point out errors, or even tell me about your MCs (I’m all ears :ear:), but in the meantime, stay safe and happy, byeeeeee!!! :lemon:

4 Likes

Mini Update:

I’m still hoping to fix the stats/some grammar this weekend. However, there’s something important that I need to change for the story so it might take a bit to fix the details in chapter 1. :disappointed_relieved:

What’s the change you ask? Well…

More explanations will be provided in the demo, so please bear with me while I go back to fix a few things! :lemon:

16 Likes

^Found this.

Pretty sweet setting and characters, gotta love Seb! To be honest, when I found out the MC would be blind, I expected them to have echolocation powers like in Perception :sweat_smile:

All in all, looking forward to more. Just gotta ask a few questions:

1. Color-tinted glasses like Matt Murdock/Daredevil as accessory?
  2. Bald/shaved head MC?
  3. Was thinking of a blind soccer league when I joined the soccer team in school like they have in FIFA but idk if that can happen, does the US have those for highschoolers?
  4. Harem end? (Just kidding…partly hahaha)
2 Likes

oh my god i love this so far!!!

this game is amazing!!! i love the detail in describing everything, and it makes the world feel so real and immersive but still wonderful! i also love all the characters! they’re all written in a way that makes me really like them and that makes them feel like fleshed-out people in a way i can’t describe. i literally sent like fifty paragraphs of describing how cool this game was to my friend on discord i love this.

also, i have… a bit of a suspicion for how all the powersets are chosen. if it’s really based on the scenery choices made at the start of the game like i’m suspecting it is… well, that’d be really cool. especially since it seems like a fairly minor thing but could easily narrow down the type of powerset a player would want to have. of course, this might just be me overanalyzing a bit!

overall i love this so far. it’s really well-written and i’m very interested in it! looking forward to what happens next in the story~

2 Likes

I figured the powersets would likely be based on elemental factors (Air, Water, Earth, Fire, Darkness, Light, Life, Death, Etc.) Though I may be wrong

2 Likes

Hey everyone! The mini-update has been pushed back due to all of the things I’ll need to change after what I mentioned before (the flashback scenes though… :sob:) and because summer school is approaching its last week so final assessments are looming over me. Hopefully, I can finish it soon because I am so excited to get into the real action! :star_struck:

I’m glad that you like it so far! Seb is such a sweetheart and mc is at most more perceptive than others, having to take in their limited surrounding clues and fill in the rest of the details with their imagination. As for your questions…

1.+ 2. I’m on it! Ask and ye shall receive. :laughing:
3. Ooh that’s interesting! Honestly, I have no idea, I wanted mc to be able to participate in the sports team and searched up how it would work. I’m not really a sports person so I genuinely have no idea on specifics, but a couple of Google searches have informed me that there are at the very least various blind soccer programs in the U.S. :thinking:
4. Harem Ending- The author materializes herself into the story to murder mc because she will not allow a thot to romance all 12 ROs in one go. (Also the Wong Twins would kill everyone and each other before they would ever romance the same person). :skull: :skull: :skull:

1. Can I… be your discord friend :point_right: :point_left: haha nah… unless— No, but seriously I was so happy to know that someone could like my game enough to talk about it to someone else that I had to take a seat and calm down haha! I hope I can continue to meet your expectations with each update I put out. :pleading_face:
  2. Friend, buddy, pal… You are talking to the same person who based a major part of mc angst on bathroom tile patterns, I’m honestly surprised people aren’t questioning my strange choices and additions more… I would go more into why I made these choices but I’ll save that until after you can establish mc’s powers in-game. So keep the overanalyzing going and you’re essentially looking at my thought process! :heart_eyes:

Anyways, that’s it for now, but see y’all soon! :lemon:

10 Likes

Very nice. Thanks! :smiley:

No worries, I’m only marginally familiar with blind soccer rules because of an old online course I took a while back and am definitely no expert on the topic. Either way, I’m still looking forward to whatever you’ve got planned for it.

I’m very sorry for asking that. :sweat_smile:
Rest assured, Ricardo McLuvvin and his bulging bronze biceps will never see the light of day.
Proceeds to strangle Ricardo and say, “Hush child, you’ll have harems as far as the eye can see in heaven.”

1 Like

To be fair, compared to most harems, 12 people is insane to have and you would never be able to even have enough time to romance all of them properly. Plus I’m sure most of them wouldn’t be happy with being played with and lose their feelings for the MC over time.

4 Likes

Hoo boi, the ancient emperors of my country would certainly disagree with you :joy:

8 Likes

As much as i am open to polyamorous relationships, 12 lovers can be too much. Knowing that some of ROs hates the guts of some of the others, i would like to avoid being in the crosshairs.

8 Likes

Well now, that was interesting!
It’s a bit hard for me to tell how much I’ll like the final work since the intro is slow (mind it, I find it interesting, but it is slow paced so it’s hard to have a deep opinion). So far I like the choices offered and I like most of the characters.

I have to mention I LOVE the stat screen (and well, the related pages). The in depth descriptions are so neat. One of the greatest touches of immersion is the text you wrote on the appeareance page, if you check it out before deciding on what your MC looks like. Such attention to detail is really appreciated.
I was very wary of this game because of the 12 love interests. Thats CRAZY. Still tried it out because it intrigued me, especially since I love games with blind characters.
But before things even truly started to happen, I was already reassured about your ability to pull off the amount of romances because of that appeareance page. If you put enough care into your game to do that, it makes me way more confident for everything else.
And don’t even let me start on the “relationships” page. Oh my god, a shiver ran down MY irl spine when reading that.
I’m so glad I’m a stats freak who checks all the menus and sub-menus at the moment I start a game. Missing that would have been such a shame.

Another thing I have to say is that I actually adore the title of your game. It’s a weird thing to say, really - usually as long as the title works then it’s fine. But I find it to be really… well… beatiful and whimsical, with a touch of oddness.

Of course, I’ve spotted a few errors or other things here and there. Though well, these two really stuck with me:
When you reach the beach part, while the MC is walking with Sebastian, you say “Well, the crashing waves and seagull caws were also pretty obvious cues too…”
The seagulls make many noises, but they don’t caw. Some of the most common words you could use are squawk (you even use this one later on!), laugh or cry, depending on the exact sound you’re refering to. Other sounds exist too, but I’d say these three are the basic ones.
And when Varian first apears and is in a heated fight their locker, you can select how the MC reacts, and the first option says " “Mood. I can help if you want?” You nod your head towards the locker. " - I don’t really get the “mood” part - is that an error? Or am I simply missing the point?

Well, I think that would be all - interesting premise, I’m curious about what the future holds for the story.

5 Likes

I have to say, the spot where the demo ended gave me a chuckle.

1 Like

you did? jdjfhdjdh that’s amazing. there are so many choices! i should have suspected that! it must have been a lot of work coding it. i’ll try to keep the overanalyzing in mind, then.

i hope you have a good time making the mini-update! final assessments are pretty stressful, so good luck to you there. i’m going to try getting my sister to play the demo, too; it seems like the kind of thing she would like!

3 Likes

Lol, he can perish by my hands! :clown_face: :hocho:

Just you wait, I dare you to try and play as Ricardo McLuvvin in the next update, I might have have something in store for this fool who thinks he has the stamina to take on all of my ROs… :smirk:

1. I’m really glad that you’ve enjoyed it so far, and that you’ve noticed some of the details I put into the stats! Sometimes I kind of get out of hand and type with the assumption that someone will inevitably check everything after every page break, so there’s a lot of different flavor text changes in the stats during even minor scenes. :grin:

2. I’ll make sure to fix the seagull thing. I’m not much of a bird person screams in fear of birds, so I just assumed squawk was a general bird term lol. But yeah, I’m on it! :woozy_face:

3. “Mood” is actually a sort of slang term, kind of like “same,” but usually used in less positive situations, at least from what I’ve experienced. I know some of my dialogue choices might date the game later on but since the characters are basically my age (Just a month until I’m in senior year myself lol!), it’s more fun for me to write them like they’d go to school with me more or less, as it makes them feel more real and down to earth. :blush:

Lol, Kiyoshi really is a big ol’ dork! Too bad mc’s too freaked out to appreciate his attempts at breaking the ice… :joy:

Arghhhh, I hope she’ll enjoy it if she does try it out! Time will tell whether the tile choice stays, but a part of me is still laughing at myself for choosing bathroom flooring to determine such a large plot aspect, so who knows. School is a bit hectic, but I still want to put my best foot forward with all of my updates, so hopefully, I can properly implement the new story detail soon! :laughing:

Thank you to everyone who’s replied, I hope to see you eventually with a new mini-update, but until then, stay safe! :lemon:

8 Likes

This message was taken from my tumblr post:

Heyo! Sorry for being a bit dead, summer school really took a lot out of me and I just learned that I’m going to start driving school right away plus I still need to work on summer homework for senior year so I’m a teensy bit burned out from going to school nonstop. Oh well, there is no rest for the weary after all… :pensive:

Anyways, just wanted to let y’all know that I’m taking a bit of a break from ACTIVELY working on UtCBG. No, I’m not disappearing off of the internet for a month or anything crazy like that, I just want to take maybe 2 weeks to relax my thinking muscles by not typing out the story and stuff. My brain just feels kind of fried, not to mention I’m in a serious art block, so I just thought it would be healthy to step back and take a breath.

I’m still definitely open to asks and submissions though, and they don’t even need to be about the ROs! A lot of this story is still flexible and things I’ve said before about the world may have changed. Besides, there are a lot of shady things in the demo that people still haven’t pointed out yet lol. So I’m not disappearing, I just don’t want to work on the actual game when I’m burned out because it deserves my full attention and not some half-assed writing, so I hope that you understand! See y’all soon, and stay safe! :lemon:

13 Likes

I had NO idea haha! I’m not a native English speaker, and I’ve never heard of that before. Glad I’ve asked!

And yeah, I check the stats page almost every time I change pages so I see all the subtleties and nice (or not so nice) flavor text you put in there. It adds a lot to the immersion I think. Like some sort of internal state of mind of the MC or something.

EDIT: oh also - am I right to assume a lot of the seemingly random choices about things not related to what the MC is doing, but rather external elements, are going to determine his powers? The designs of the tiles on the bathroom floor, wether you hear birds singing or feel the wind blowing and a ton of other ones…

2 Likes

Mayhaps… I guess we’ll have to see once we reach chapter 2… :wink:

5 Likes