Unsupervised - You were a sidekick. Now, you kick ass. (WIP)

By being competent, one presumes. :smile:

13 Likes

Now I need to try to fail everything!

9 Likes

Did the cold war still going on ? I ask that cause there is not a date for the fall of the URSS in the timeline. Also even if the cold war is over, does american super hero intervene to help country that are not in the OTAN and if yes how does the government of those countrys feel about the american super hero ? Last question ( for now :sweat_smile:) is there other team of super hero in the world that can intervene more than their original country ?

I shall bring peace, freedom, justice and security to my new empire!

7 Likes

It feels to me like Presence is definitely the most useful stat in the game so far.

2 Likes

I on the other hand, feel that intellect, presence and awareness are the three most important stats. Your superhero powers can make up for the other two. Then again, it all depends on the type of hero you choose. They all seem to have their moments. In the catacombs for example, intellect and awareness reigns supreme.

2 Likes

I feel like failing should be fun. Instead of “You miss”, it’s more interesting to have “You miss, and then something funny/unexpected/dangerous happens.”

It’s over. We originally had Zweihander (Cutlass/Vorpal’s mentor) being a part of its downfall, but we changed that and will replace that entry with something else.

PARENTS (allegedly) only acts within NATO territory, unless a country’s government officially requests assistance against some superhuman threat.

The Omega Responders, having members from all over the world and not officially tied to any specific government, acted wherever they were needed. If they showed up, it was because no one else could handle the situation.

They were also the only official international superhero team, but there are a bunch of local teams all over the world. There are the British Arthurian Knights, the Japanese Shukuchi Sentai, the African Impi Pride, the Brazilian Redeemers, and the Chinese People’s Gifted Protectors, just to name a few.

12 Likes

Could the MC meet all super vilain that are in the stat except the one that are dead ( unless we meet a person with necromantic super power :grin:) and new one that may appear during the game ? Also could the power of all the sidekick surpass those of their respective mentor ? Also is there any super hero with super power that force people to tell the truth and one that can erase memory because the two could be very useful ( especially for dealing with a certain Rattlebag ). I have also see that Kid Kaiju in the super vilain menu don’t have a description, why ?

1 Like

@MahatmaDagon here is the Propaganda escape bug I found. I suppose Nexus will need some reprogramming lol.

“It seems the unfortunate fellow is being detained at the KEEP, the Kirkman Extraterrestrial and Extraordinary Penitentiary. As master Arthur might know, this is the highest security prison in the world, dedicated only to metahumans and extraterrestrial beings.”

So basically if someone has the power of idk creating a never ending slice of pizza, would that technically mean they’re a k-level? Lol Cause, i mean it can’t really be explained by science, and in that case someone with super strength (in the level of the mc), who would obviously wipe the floor with the never ending pizza guy, would still be considered L-level, despite the difference in power?

5 Likes

I had just played a high presence elementalist runthrough.

I don’t remember being disadvantaged, not even once, in that playthrough because I lacked the other stats.

Whereas I can remember my genius time manipulator being ill equipped to handle a situation on multiple occasions because I lacked the required attribute.

Now perhaps some attributes with certain powers are better combinations than others, but my presence runthrough basically felt like easy mode in comparison.

3 Likes

You can meet most of them, at least those that aren’t dead or in prison. Not sure about all, though. Some might be there just because they get referenced in the game.

Yup. You get to meet a few new ones, especially because of the superdrug.

Yes.

We had this idea about someone called Mnemosyne who could alter/delete someone’s memories, and we were going to use that as a way to deal with Rattlebag, but we ended up scratching this idea. They might make a comeback in the future, though.

The whole stats screen is still a WIP. We are filling it as we go along.

So Propaganda escaped and Nexus said that? I’ll take a look. Thanks for the report.

It depends. Can the slice of pizza be created inside someone’s brain? Since it is never-ending, does it have infinite mass? Does it generate an overwhelming gravitational pull? Can it collapse into a black hole?

The ELK scale was created by scientists and experts in the field of superpowers to categorize different types of superbeings according to a bunch of factors such as the extent of their powers and their relationships to scientific understanding and natural laws, and even destructive potential, yes, but it was not meant to be a flat measure of someone’s fighting ability. We have RIVAL, the Rectified Index of Villainy and Ascribed Lethality for something closer to that, in the Supervillains tab on the stats menu.

11 Likes

Come to think of it, I don’t remember being disadvantaged without presents either. I feel the only time it’s truly needed, is when I want to lie. Otherwise, intellect and awareness allows me to gain extra info I would otherwise miss. Mind you, the things you miss aren’t game breakers for your character. One particular scene that comes to mind is where you need to convince that Turner chick to tell you where the superdrug is. If you fail, the rest of the team will get the info anyway. I guess presents will ultimately be a good stat should you wish to have a big friends circle at some point, but brooders and uncaring characters would probably do fine with intellect and awareness.

I didn’t know I needed this, but now I do. Pizza-based portable black holes!

8 Likes

No sauce or toppings shall escape this pizza.

1 Like

Like the Everything Bagel?

1 Like

Ok new question could we bring some super hero to the dark side as a super vilain, certainly not Flit ( unless we brainwash him :sweat_smile:) probably not Derek but maybe Ghostling and Vorpal could join a vilain MC in his quest of conquest of the world :smiling_imp:. Could for S.I.C.K. and if not could we at least work with some member as a super hero or as a super vilain ? Could the MC romance Telltale later in the story as a hero if consequently he didn’t do the first heist with her ? Finally, in what year did the game begin ? Because in the Timeline it is write that the end of the world come in 2033, so I would like to know how many time the MC have to save the world.

1 Like

Now a question out of the topics. I have bought the Vampire Regent and after a lot of run I manage to get all the achievement except “this is for Maria” an “hidden” achievement where I suppose I must kill Maria the guirlfriend of Edward ( I think it’s his name ) and let him live when I have an audience with him in the auditorium and I also suppose that later he try to kill me. However I do that in all my run and I never meet him again, so what did I do wrong ? I try to get the maximum dialogue,outcome and death in both the vampire regent and War for the west so I’m very curious about this one.

Wow…so the MC can surpass even the superman-like mentor…
the MC is powerful as f*ck!

3 Likes

The first choice in this scene is also locked behind a personality, probably quipping if I’m not mistaken. The thing is, my character literally didn’t find it very hard to burn someone to a crisp in the catacombs, yet he finds it hard to make fun of a little situation. That’s why I’m appealing for this choice to become unlocked lmao.

2 Likes