UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

It is revealed during the end part of the game where you can learn about azurean history.

Minor spoiler there will be a flashback scene featuring both your parents.

:heart_eyes:

how could you consume souls??

You need to choose to reclaim your Azure birthright then when you kill someone you can choose to consume their soul.

Sneak peek at the title for season two but minus the artwork.

11 Likes

Work has been terrible this week. Really been swamped had to cancel the planned update release for tomorrow. Will only reveal the cover.

Sorry for the delay.

2 Likes

Iā€™m proud to reveal the official cover art for season two of UnNatural. Drawn by the very talented @defenestratin

19 Likes

So first season we have girl MC who embrace her legacy and second itā€™s guy MC who prefer keep his shade power.

Next party I think I will keep shade, I always embrace legacy but Shade is cool too.

2 Likes

Holyā€¦ That is fantastic artworkā€¦

2 Likes

I love how the scythe is a somewhat hidden weapon choice, yet still is cannon enough to be the weapon used in season 2ā€™s cover art. Hidden treasures being practically common knowledge is how you know you have a devoted fan base.

3 Likes

In the first release it was a weapon choice but the shade weapons were refined in the rewrites so it was a choice you got for improved control over Shade.

3 Likes

Wrote a scene last night where the player finds a trapped vampire. They dont have the means to capture yet so they have to kill them.

Using your knife the result varies depending on if you were trained in self defense in episode one or not and one particular possibility has a slight change depending on your humanity either above 50 or below 50.

2 Likes

Hi, I still havenā€™t played the first book so I wanted to ask: is there an actual plot? Or is this like a slice-of-life were you solve some occasional mysteries day after day without a principal story line?

I think itā€™s a bit of both. There is a plot that works alongside the slice of life nature.

For example there are cases that link together and an event occurs near the end game. There are also plot threads you can uncover during the game.

1 Like

Iā€™ve just created an official discord for the unnaturalverse. This is my first discord server I have made so please bear with it but its got some channels to talk about stuff. Enjoy!

6 Likes

Itā€™s like a serie. There is a red string (what happend to your charcet during childhood and why) with episode ā€œfillersā€ (but really good). I really like this game.

1 Like

Question time folks. One of my internal questions for season two is whether to let the player choose whether they want to keep their powers secret from the public or not? Or to keep it as Silver Cross Inc acknowledges the player and any unnaturals prescence in the organisation.

The former means more variations to cases (some more difficult) but also more replayability and more work.

Would it be worth the additional effort?

5 Likes

Hmm well if I had to choose Iā€™d be more inclined towards more replayability but Iā€™d also say that if you felt it would add to much work to your schedule I would advise following your own judgment.

Yes, I think that option would be worth the additional effort. I for one would appreciate the option to keep my powers a secret from the public. Because putting that knowledge out there means our enemies or potential enemies now know the MCā€™s capabilities and can take precautions against us. Which I think would or could put us in even more danger. Not to mention the possibility of attracting the attention of people who hate the supernatural and probably see us as a freak or Abomination. In the words of Gandalf the Grey: ā€œKeep it secret, keep it safeā€.

2 Likes

Season two is going to be a lot more variations as will be having much more cases that are timed sensitive.

The case ā€œBuriedā€ shows it off nicely. Do it first and you have it easy and no chance of failing to kill vampire. Do it next and you need the right stats for your choice. Also if you do it first their are people alive so there is someone who could witness you using powers but likewise do it later and you have no survivors but can use powers without worry.

3 Likes