UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

Bit of world building happened while I was stuck at work today. I love ideas that start off simple then open up like a flower when you prod it a little with your imagination. The result is a bit more information about souls and how ghosts are formed :slight_smile:

Iā€™ll put the info into spoilers in case people donā€™t want to spoil the information.

Souls consist of two distinct parts; firstly there is the outer shell, this is known as the physical memories that make up a person. What your body remembers of your life, pain, injuries, wounds, even touches and caresses. Trauma can cause cracks in the shell as well. Secondly there is the inner core, this is known as the emotional memories that make up your personalitity. What you mind remembers of your life, your emotions, your feelings, fears, doubts and hopes, your love and your hate.

As you live your life, the outer shell forms worldy attachments to things that become important to you. Positive attachments such as friendship and love etc are harmless usually. It is the other negative attachements like regret, anger, hatred, revenge etc that can cause the birth of a ghost. While positive attachements break off easily upon death, negative ones are stubborn refusing to break free. This is when a ghost is born, the inner core is forced to break through the outer shell to ascend leaving the empty shell behind which is what forms the ghost eventually.

Hope you find this interesting if you read it :slight_smile:

14 Likes

Iā€™ve got to write a scene where a certain npc will suffer from discrimination because of what they are. Itā€™ll be tricky and I hope I do the scene justice. Especially because the player will get to react to it. It is more than just discrimination and there is another reason for the bad reception but I canā€™t think of another word for how they get treated (spat at, heckled, insulted, pushed and even violence depending on how the player acts)

Iā€™ll put a bit more info in spoilers below for more context.

If you bring Denise with you to the case ā€œBig Badā€ she is treated badly by the werewolves. Itā€™s partly because she is a lycanthrope mainly in the insults but the reason is because it is the events that precede the SRT capturing her that leads them to the pack and they blame her for how that ended up. In fact the one werewolf spits at her and tells her to get lost. If she doesnā€™t the heckling will continue during the scene and depending on how the player reacts it can get violent

13 Likes

Niceā€¦ Niceā€¦ conjures a shadow scythe Donā€™t mind me Iā€™m justā€¦ harvesting my crops. Heh.

2 Likes

Anyone played ā€˜Darksidersā€™ series??? Those 4 horsemen are awesomeā€¦:wink:

Which idea do you like the most for the cover art for season two?

• Same female azure version of the Protagonist in a different pose/scene
  • Same female protagonist but a shade version instead
  • Male azure version of protagonist
  • Male shade version of protagonist

0 voters

note: My intial concept was going to be a male shade protagonist to mirror the female azure protagonist from the previous season cover. But thought itā€™d be interesting to put it to a poll.

3 Likes

Give us the shadeā€¦ hahahaha

The initial concept as mentioned above was a male shade protagonist weilding a shade scythe (I think itā€™s the most iconic of the shade weapons.)

7 Likes

You return drinks in hand to find Lakota no longer alone

You put are day off not our

Strange my poll was at 68 votes yesterday now it says 0? Wonder what happened.

Thanks Iā€™ll get that fixed.

Discourse seems to be having some issues today, so perhaps thatā€™s all it is. It looks like the poll ought to be working, so hopefully it will sort itself out after a little while!

Itā€™s back now so that was fast!

2 Likes

Iā€™m leaving the poll for cover star open for one more day or when it reaches 100 votes (whatever comes first).

So far male protag with shade powers is in the lead. So been trying to come up with some more detailed concepts. I can think them.up but putting them on paper is tricky.

Slight problem with the play-testing link,(at last I think so) no matter what I do I have to be in a romance with somebody, although, I might just be putting in the wrong stuff, but I have fiddled with it a little bit, and as far as I can tell hen you say you have your aunt and uncle it automagicly makes it so your in a relationship with Lakota, which bothers me somewhat

Yeah thatā€™s an issue. Iā€™ll look into the code after work.

Thank you!

Iā€™ve just double checked the code and it isnā€™t an error per say. basically how the code works is if the player isnā€™t in a relationship it is Lakota who visits you but its meant to be as a friend Iā€™ll have to alter the text a bit.

Edit: Altered the text of the scenes so should hopefully be clear. Also found another issue where if the player loses the bet they only got the romance version of the scene. Thats fixed now.

ā€œThis is a fae watch, made by one of our elders. Each watch is unique, made specifically to suit a personā€™s aura. There is a little bit of fae in that watch. It will protect you when I cannot,ā€ Lakota says holding your hand tightly.

ā€œThis is beautiful,ā€ you say earnestly.

ā€œIt is my gift for you my love.ā€
^
This is what I was talking about earlier

Ah thatā€™s a bit further along and should be different if not romanced. Iā€™ll check the code again.

Iā€™ve found that bit and discovered a few more issues relating to it. Iā€™m heading to bed in a bit so Iā€™ll go through that tomorrow and fix those too.