UnNatural Season Two Released 4th May 23

Been a unproductive few days as have been feeling down lately. But finally starting to write stuff I’m actually liking. Here are the social scenes the night before you confront the banshee.

The client had arranged for a couple of rooms to stay in until your job was complete. It was a quite high-end  hotel, it was certainly obvious that the judge was trying to prove to you the advantages of helping him with this trouble.
*fake_choice
  #I wish I could stay in places like this more often.
  #I just wish he'd let me focus on my job. I'd help him even if he didn't try to influence me.
  #It's his money, but I'm not hired muscle. I'm here to stop a potential unnatural.

Your thoughts are disturbed by the beep of your phone, you pick it up and see the message from ${partner}.

*if (partner = "Lakota")
  [i]Meet me on the roof. L xx[/i]

*goto roof_chat
*if (partner = "Denise")
  [i]I'm waiting for you on the roof. - Denise x[/i]

*goto moon_date
*if (partner != "Lakota")
  [i]Come to my room I've got us a movie to watch.[/i]

*goto movie_night

*label roof_chat
You head upstairs to the roof where you find Lakota waiting for you. He is standing there bathed in moonlight. You hear his laughter float over to you.

"What's so funny?" you ask finding yourself smiling.

"Nothing my love, I'm just happy. I can feel magic in the air, the pixies are out to play tonight. It always makes me feel a little fuzzy inside," Lakota says drawing you into a big kiss his arms wrapping around you.

"Mmmm," the murmur escapes your lips and you relax into the moment.

Lakota pulls away leaving you a little breathless. He jogs over to his bag on the floor and pulls out a little box. Smiling he hands it to you. To take it carefully a little scared at what was inside. He laughs.

"No, it isn't a ring ${name}, not yet anyway," he says a twinkle in his eye. "Just open it."

You try and hide the sigh of relief as you open the box…
*choice
  #…revealing a shimmering watch.
    *set fae_watch true
    You study the watch, noticing the intricate Celtic runes inscribed into the face. The metal shimmers and you can't quite guess what it's made from. It looks beautiful.

*goto little_boost
  #…revealing a shimmering necklace.
    *set fae_necklace true
    You lift the necklace up to the moonlight, it plays off the pure crystal, shimmering beautifully. The metal of the necklace glitters and you can't quite guess what it's made from.

*goto little_boost
  #…revealing a shimmering bracelet.
    *set fae_bracelet true
    You lift the bracelet up to the light, it shimmers in the moonlight. Celtic runes carefully etched into the bracelet. The metal glitters beautifully and you can't quite guess what it's made from.

*goto little_boost

*label little_boost
"Put it on," Lakota urges.

*if (fae_watch)
  You slide you hand into the watch strap  and lock the clasp. It fits you perfectly and you really can appreciate the intricate works of the etching. The runes create a beautiful pattern along the face, and all the etches seem to catch the moonlight glowing subtly.

"This is a fae watch, made by one of our elders. Each watch is unique, made specifically to suit a person's aura. There is a little bit of fae in that watch. It will protect you when I cannot," Lakota says holding your hand tightly.#

"This is beautiful," you say earnestly.

"It is my gift for you my love."

Beaming at him,  you pull Lakota to you. Speaking in a husky voice.  "Let's make the most of this beautiful view."

Lakota chuckles as you pull him to the ground.
  *page_break
  Your woken up in the morning by the first light of the day and you get up to find Lakota just closing the front door. He smiles when he sees you and passes you a written note.

*goto invitation
*if (fae_bracelet)
  You slide you hand into the bracelet and lock the clasp. It fits you perfectly and you really can appreciate the intricate works of the etching. The runes create a beautiful pattern along the metal, and all the etches seem to catch the moonlight glowing subtly.

"This is a fae bracelet, made by one of our elders. Each bracelet is unique, made specifically to suit a person's aura. There is a little bit of fae in that bracelet. It will protect you when I cannot," Lakota says holding your hand tightly.

Beaming at him,  you pull Lakota to you. Speaking in a husky voice.  "Let's make the most of this beautiful view."

*page_break
  Your woken up in the morning by the first light of the day and you get up to find Lakota just closing the front door. He smiles when he sees you and passes you a written note.

*goto invitation
*if (fae_necklace)
  You go to pull the necklace around your neck and Lakota helps you lock the clasp. The crystal glimmers as it slips down your chest. It is only now that you notice the crystal is flawed but the cracks formed intricate lines and swirls. You recognize Celtic runes when you see them. The runes seem to catch the moonlight glowing subtly.

"This is a fae necklace, made by one of our elders. Each necklace is unique, made specifically to suit a person's aura. There is a little bit of fae in that crystal. It will protect you when I cannot," Lakota says holding your hand tightly.

*goto invitation

*label moon_date
You head up to the roof to find Denise standing there in the moonlight, her nightie fluttering in the wind. Her arms are held out as if letting the light bathe her. As you step closer she turns to face you and you see her eyes are closed.

"I'll be with you in a minute," she calls out as she twirls about. 

Her bare feet making little noise against the hard concrete. Smiling, you just watch and listen as she hums and dances about. Finally she stops in front of you her eyes still closed.

When they slowly open you automatically take a step back in surprise, her now yellow eyes stare back at you intently.

Denise smiles softly. "So it wasn't my imagination then."

You shake your head, uncertain at what to say.

"I've wanted to go out in the moonlight for so long," she says. "It's difficult when the full moon can cause you so much trouble. The loss of control always frightened me."

You step closer putting your arms around her. "Do you want Alice to do some more research?"

Denise shakes her head smiling. "No, it's alright. Remember how we explains that I still retained some traits from my wolf form?"

"Sure, your sight, hearing and physical abilities were improved right?"

She nods smiling. "That's right. Glad you remember. These eyes are just the result of the moon. Even now I feel good, when I was different, before the cure, my body would feel wrong before I changed. Tonight, I feel right. I feel complete."

"What's wrong," you ask when you feel her hesitate.

"I'm just worried people would get scared if they saw my eyes like this…" she pauses again. "…that they will react like you did."

That hits you hard, you certainly didn't want to make her feel bad.

"I wasn't expecting it that," you say squeezing her hand. "It was just a bit striking to me."

"What do you mean?"

"They were beautiful," you say smiling at her little gasp. "I mean now, seeing you here, outside in the moonlight. You are beautiful."

"Oh," Denise says blushing. Her next words come out husky. "I'm glad you think that. There is something I wanted to do with you in the moonlight…

You don't reply, your lips just find hers.
*goto invitation

*label movie_night
You head for ${partner}'s room where you find ${heshe1} has already set up the movie. Quickly, you take your seat beside ${himher1} and ${partner} presses play. As the opening credits play you recognize the film is 
*if (partner = "Ashley")
  a slasher film where a killer dressed as the team's football mascot kills cheerleaders. Ashley snuggles up to you as you watch the film. You find yourself laughing at some of the stupid decisions the characters make throughout the course of the film. Although the end scene where the Final Girl dodges the killer's desperate lunge by cartwheeling out the way sending him falling to his death was quite epic. After the film ends, you feel her fingers run along your leg.

"Let's continue this in the bedroom," Ashley whispers as she kisses your neck…
*if (partner = "Austin")
  a live-action film of his favorite comic Ghostboy. Austin cozies up to you and hands you the popcorn. Smiling you take them and snuggle closer. The film is action-packed and your drawn into the over the top story. You can't help but notice how into the film Austin gets, he's a comic nerd and it shows. You chuckle when he starts miming some of the punches the titular hero makes and how nervous he gets when the villain Wraith springs a trap on Ghostboy. You place a hand on his thigh and Austin jumps.

"What the…!?" he exclaims shocked.

You look at his face and you can't help but laugh, it's just too adorable. Soon Austin is laughing with you, you step into his arms and he pulls you closer kissing you. 

"Let's head to bed," Austin says with a hungry look in his eyes.
*if (partner = "${friend}")
  a science-fiction tale about a scientist who creates a time machine but learns to late that going into her past has consequences and the littlest change can have big ripples in her life. You snuggle up next to ${himher1} and watch the film.

"I wonder if time travel is possible?" ${friend} whispers.

"Not like that the films show, remember my father was able to leave me a message from beyond the grave."

"True, who knows whats really out there," ${heshe1} pause${partner_s} then laughs. "Sorry I didn't mean to get so serious then."

"Let's take it to the bedroom," you reply with a smile.
*if (partner = "Scarlet")
  Bram Stoker's Dracula. Scarlet notices your look and gives you a wan smile.

"If we're dating, we really should get this out the way. Watch this and if you have any jokes or questions we can get them out of the way."

"What do you mean?" you ask with a frown.

"Most relationships I've had my partners have been a bit obssessed with my surname," Scarlet says sadly.

"I'm sorry," you say as you sit next to her, letting an arm slide around her waist.

"It's not your fault ${name}," Scarlet replies a slight smile on her face. "You're the first one whose not made a big deal out of it."

"Well I didn't know if it'd be a mis-stake to talk about it," you say with a big grin.

Scarlet frowns. "Why would you make a…oh. Ha ha ${name}."

You hug her. "Hey you wanted me to joke about it. You're what matters to me, your surname isn't important. You could be Jane Doe and I'd still want to be with you."

"You're special ${name}, 
  *if (azure)
    you are my angel," Scarlet says kissing you.
  *if (shade)
    you are my hero," Scarlet says kissing you.

You lean back as her kiss becomes more passionate and you're really start getting into it…then you both fall off the sofa.

"Ow," you both cry out before bursting into laughter.

"Maybe we should continue this in the bedroom," Scarlet says chuckling.
*if (partner = "Victor")
  of course, a vampire film. This one is about an experienced vampire hunter who is bitten at the start of the film and then he spends the last moments of his life trying to kill as many vampires as possible before he succumbs to the vampiric infection. His final act was to lure the main vampire into a trap which impales them both and they die to together.

"Why am I not surprised, we're watching a film like this?" you say with a smile.

"I like to do research," Victor shrugs.

"Research? Uh huh," you say not buying it.

"Fine, I like to see how wrong people can get vampires. It helps reinforce how much of a ass-kicking vampire hunter I am."

"So what did you think of what the hunter did after being bitten?"

"It was noble. That's exactly what I'd do if I ever got bitten," Victor replies oddly proud.

"Well try not to get bitten them. I might actually miss you," you say your voice going soft.

"Miss me?" Victor grins. "You're a better shot than that."

You push him slightly. "You know what I mean."

"I know," Victor leans back letting out a sigh. "Why do you care so much? I've told you repeatedly I'm not relationship material."

"I…" you start before he interupts you.

"On second thoughts don't tell me. Can't we just have a bit of fun first?"

You stand up and start making your way to the door.Victor is up on his feet in a flash and suddenly he spins you around to face him. 

"Don't leave like this, I'm not used to this kind of thing. Bonds are only there to be broken," for a moment you see his fists clench. "I can't go through that again. Please understand. It's not that I don't lov…like you. I just need time."

"Okay, let's just watch another film then," you say as you both settle down again.

Enjoy. I should have the banshee scene done by the end of today, Then will focus on the kitsune scene tomorrow, so fingers crossed episode one will be finished by my deadline.

7 Likes

updated the files on dashingdon with the complete banshee scenes. enjoy.

https://dashingdon.com/play/nocturnalstillness/unnatural---season-two/mygame/index.php?cb=17807

5 Likes

Wayhaven, eh? I wonder if the SRT maintains a presence over there…

2 Likes

Fingers crossed for a crossover event or mention a fun mention of the agency if Noc can get approval

1 Like

Hey @Nocturnal_Stillness I was wondering (Desperately hoping since their two of my favorite myths) since the story takes place in New York and the tristate area I was wondering if you have any plans to introduce the Headless horseman or the Jersey Devil into the Unnaturalverse at any point?

Not in season two. Possibly in season three.

2 Likes

Sweet thanks Noc. I didn’t think that it would happen this season but was hopping it would at some point. I can now hold on to my dream of having my Azure MC fighting back to back with the Headless Horseman against a vampire horde or failing that fighting him in the center of Sleepy Hollow as well as hunting the Jersey Devil through the Pine Barrens of Jersey with SC Inc. and a group of local hunters. Sorry to seem like I’m asking for things and I hope you know that no matter what you have a guaranteed customer in yours truly for as long as you chose to write.

1 Like

Not quite finished the episode as planned. Kinda got lost in the world building process. Coming up with my kitsune lore.

Spoilers below…

the kitsune in the UnNaturalverse are believed to be mischievous fox spirits with the number of tails showing how strong they are.

Spoiler spoiler…

in reality, every kitsune starts with nine tails and each tail grants the kitsune a life. So effectively a kitsune has nine lives. If they die naturally they are simply reborn in another body as a baby. If they are killed by accident or murdered the tail revives them returning them to the state before death, when they were last unhurt. The tails are metaphysical but can still affect things on the physical and spirital planes. The kitsune can also see the deaths of people coming and often go to them to offer them a chance of reliving past moments and dying on their own terms. (A fact that annoys the Grim, unnaturals who are reapers, well apart from Bob, he is an accountant.

Secondary protagonist spoiler

The kitsune has the power to grant someone one of their tails. The Knight of the Cross can have a kitsune tail as one of the options for coming back from the dead.

2 Likes

So if I understand that correctly…

people think the number of tails a kitsune has relates to its power but instead the number of tails relates to the number of lives they have and you’ve basically merged a kitsune with the cat’s lives myth for your version of a kitsune.

Am I correct?

Correct on both accounts :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you going to have different types of kitsune?

I looked into a bit of kitsune folklore in my spare time and found that kitsune can be classed as one of two types: zenko and yako, which are good and bad kitsune respectively.

They’ll be the same only some do bad some good. Generally it’s the bad kitsune who spread the myths about their tails to illicit fear in others.

I replayed this recently and I cannot wait for season 2 to come out. :slight_smile:

Almost finished episode one now. Literally got one social scene to write and kinda running randomtest to find a bug.

1 Like

First draft of Episode One is finished finally only 3 days passed my deadline.

https://dashingdon.com/play/nocturnalstillness/unnatural---season-two/mygame/index.php?cb=33917

5 Likes

Typo:
“So what
as
you thinking?” you ask Scarlet, “A werefox?”
Are

fixed thank you.

can’t wait to start episode two

2 Likes

I don’t know if you have tried this or not, but have you tried obtaining monsters/beasts from J.K.Rowlings ‘Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them - Newt Scamander’?
Also, will there be the possibility to have pets?

So spending the day planning Episode Two and the layout for the cases.

I’m curious what people think about having the majority of cases to choose from at the start (apart from ones locked behind other cases that is). And letting players chose what order they do them in.

While it offers a lot of player freedom the big issue i can see is the cases will be split into 3 tiers of difficulty Tier 1 = easy Tier 2 = normal and Tier 3 = hard (with tier 2 cases requiring higher stats than tier 1 and same for tier 3 harshest stat checks.) Because this way players could do a case where they will not be able to finish it because they will always fail the checks due to not having high enough stats.

I suppose I could counter it by using the tiers themselves i.e episodes 2+3 pick from the pool of tier 1, episodes 4+5 pick from tier 2 and episode 6 pick from tier 3.

Or could stick with the current format of 3 cases per episode and the player can do two (although in season 2 players can send others on a case per episode)

I probably won’t use monsters from fantastic beasts its must more fun twisting popular ones slightly or creating original monsters.

Personally I think the Marione is the creepiest unnatural I’m adding to the game. It was born in my nightmares lol

As for pets I was considering letting players get a pet at some point.